Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33247 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
Prayer To Mary, Mother of Jesus the Saviour:

O Mary, Mother of Jesus the saviour,
I salute you, I honour you, I revere you
Never was it known, that any of your children, who came to you, with tears and supplications, failed to get your attention. Her I have come to you, my Mother..may your son, Jesus the Saviour, have mercy on me, hear me and answer my prayers.
O blessed Virgin, spouse of the Holy spirit and Mother of Jesus the Saviour...pray for us. Amen.

Can you show us from the pages of the Holy Bible where Jesus asked us to pray in the name of Mary

5 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
The only thing I have to say is everyone has the right to believe or rather choose his or her religion..... I have chosen mine.....period.

You can call us demons, no problems, it doesnt stop or shake me.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme: Everything you Catholics are saying is irrelevant until one of you can find where in the scriptures that almighty God himself says it is ok to do the things he strictly forbids us to do!!! That is, make, have and bow down to graven images, and worshiping Mary, and keeping the traditions of pagans!!!! Where does he say this in scripture?
If you can't find these things, then that should tell you that something is very wrong with your church doctrine, and is in fact, the doctrine of demons!!
we don't worship mary, we seek her powerful intercession got it? Our image ain't graven, infact where those images are venerated, miracles happen. Be careful not to judge the church and it's doctrines because you are judging christ. Peace
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by daontop: 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme: Everything you Catholics are saying is irrelevant until one of you can find where in the scriptures that almighty God himself says it is ok to do the things he strictly forbids us to do!!! That is, make, have and bow down to graven images, and worshiping Mary, and keeping the traditions of pagans!!!! Where does he say this in scripture?
If you can't find these things, then that should tell you that something is very wrong with your church doctrine, and is in fact, the doctrine of demons!!

Read: www.nairaland.com/1383546/bishop-fulton-sheen-message-catholic
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 1:34am On Aug 04, 2013
Just do a search on google and you'll find various links where you can download these books and many others for free. I just did and found this link: http://www.sanctepater.com/2010/05/free-catholic-books.html?m=1

Though they dont seem to have "City of God" but you should that somewhere else.

Maria-Goretti:
havent read any....cant I get it online, as in ebook?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 4:56am On Aug 04, 2013
italo: Just do a search on google and you'll find various links where you can download these books and many others for free. I just did and found this link: http://www.sanctepater.com/2010/05/free-catholic-books.html?m=1

thanks so much
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 6:35am On Aug 04, 2013
italo: Just do a search on google and you'll find various links where you can download these books and many others for free. I just did and found this link: http://www.sanctepater.com/2010/05/free-catholic-books.html?m=1

Good one bro.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MEILYN(m): 7:50am On Aug 04, 2013
shakes head #May God Deliver U All# I Pray God open ur eyes for you all to see....Spiritually blind peeps

4 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 9:14am On Aug 04, 2013
MEILYN: shakes head #May God Deliver U All# I Pray God open ur eyes for you all to see....Spiritually blind peeps
Your eyes also because you are blind to the bible passage that says . . ' from today hence forth all generations will call me blessed . . '
Incase you don't know GOD first honoured mary.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2013
Double27: Your eyes also because you are blind to the bible passage that says . . ' from today hence forth all generations will call me blessed . . '
Incase you don't know GOD first honoured mary.

All Christians are blessed just like Abraham was and we don't pray in Abraham's name. Can you show where in the Bible we are asked to pray in the name of Mary?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2013
superior1:

All Christians are blessed just like Abraham was and we don't pray in Abraham's name. Can you show where in the Bible we are asked to pray in the name of Mary?

If I may ask, why do you believe that the "bible" and not the Jewish "TANAKH" for instance is the authoritative word of God?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:26am On Aug 04, 2013
Syncan:

If I may ask, why do you believe that the "bible" and not the Jewish "TANAKH" for instance is the authoritative word of God?

If and when you answer my question, I will gladly respond to your question.

Where in the Bible were we asked to pray in or through Mary?

2 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 10:30am On Aug 04, 2013
superior1:

If and when you answer my question, I will gladly respond to your question.

Where in the Bible were we asked to pray in or through Mary?

Thats the point. Why the bible?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2013
Syncan:

Thats the point. Why the bible?

You have not answered the question, where? If there isn't, then answer so

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2013
superior1:

You have not answered the question, where? If there isn't, then answer so

Exactly my thought. You came hear to ridicule and not to enlighten nor learn. I should show you where something is written in the Bible when you have not told me why the bible should be the Judge, and not the TANAKH or quran or any other book for that matter. Ok keep waiting.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:51am On Aug 04, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly my thought. You came hear to ridicule and not to enlighten nor learn. I should show you where something is written in the Bible when you have not told me why the bible should be the Judge, and not the TANAKH or quran or any other book for that matter. Ok keep waiting.

You are entitled to your thought, I asked a question first and wanted you to answer it before I responded to yours (which you raised after mine). Answering questions with another is it the best way of explaining your believe. If you can't answer it, give room to more knowledgeable Catholics to do justice to the question.

Where in the Bible were we asked to pray through or in Mary's name?

2 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2013
My other question asked earlier

Did Mary actually got married (like you did to your wife,if you did have one) to the Holy Spirit? What of her marriage to Joseph was it without sex? Was Mary married to both Joseph and Holy Spirit?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2013
superior1:

You are entitled to your thought, I asked a question first and wanted you to answer it before I responded to yours (which you raised after mine). Answering questions with another is it the best way of explaining your believe. If you can't answer it, give room to more knowledgeable Catholics to do justice to the question.

Where in the Bible were we asked to pray through or in Mary's name?

Yeah, in another thread, for a similar circumstance,you accused Italo of not being knowledgeable enough in the catholic faith, now I am the one not knowledgeable enough. Thanks "your Omniscience", it is well noted. Since you've discovered this, why not enlighten me on your knowledge and start answering mine.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2013
Syncan:

Yeah, in another thread, for a similar circumstance,you accused Italo of not being knowledgeable enough in the catholic faith, now I am the one not knowledgeable enough. Thanks "your Omniscience", it is well noted. Since you've discovered this, why not enlighten me on your knowledge and start answering mine.

Stop twisting my words, I only asked you to give room for more knowledgeable Catholics.

Where in the Bible were we asked to pray through and in Mary's name?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2013
superior1:

Stop twisting my words, I only asked you to give room for more knowledgeable Catholics.

Where in the Bible were we asked to pray through and in Mary's name?

I twisted your words?

https://www.nairaland.com/1374779/want-church-camp-where-stay#17070958
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:38am On Aug 04, 2013
Syncan:

I twisted your words?

https://www.nairaland.com/1374779/want-church-camp-where-stay#17070958

Where in the Bible were we asked to pray in and through Mary?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2013
^^^ I am counting, when its enough you'll get an answer.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
superior1:

Where in the Bible were we asked to pray in and through Mary?
Dude, must everyting come from the bible before you believe? Today's Bible does not contain and teach everyting about Christ ministry on earth. Well i believe you know that christ's disciples were all martyrd except john the beloved, can you give me citations from the bible that says so?
Back to your main question, from Mary's intercession at the weding of cana what moral or spiritual lesson can you fathom-out from there? Mary had been close to Jesus during his ministry, she was even with him at the foot of the cross when he died, she was there when he was taken down from the cross (seat of mercy) from the time of annunciation she co-operated with his ministry even after his death. After her son's ascension Mary '' aided the beginnings of the church by her prayers '' in her association with the apostles and several women '' Mary is our mother in the order of grace, even when she was taken up into heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation
thus the blessed virgin is invoked in the church under the titles of advocate, helper, benefactress and mediatrix.
Please bro, i dey beg u. If you really want to learn walk-into any catholic bookshop and buy *The catechism of the catholic church revised editions paulines/ st pauls* If you must argue, remember that it is
impossible to defeat an ignorant man in
argument.
.........William Gibbs McAdoo cheesy
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MEILYN(m): 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
damerry: Dude, must everyting come from the bible before you believe? Today's Bible does not contain and teach everyting about Christ ministry on earth. Well i believe you know that christ's disciples were all martyrd except john the beloved, can you give me citations from the bible that says so?
Back to your main question, from Mary's intercession at the weding of cana what moral or spiritual lesson can you fathom-out from there? Mary had been close to Jesus during his ministry, she was even with him at the foot of the cross when he died, she was there when he was taken down from the cross (seat of mercy) from the time of annunciation she co-operated with his ministry even after his death. After her son's ascension Mary '' aided the beginnings of the church by her prayers '' in her association with the apostles and several women '' Mary is our mother in the order of grace, even when she was taken up into heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation
thus the blessed virgin is invoked in the church under the titles of advocate, helper, benefactress and mediatrix.
Please bro, i dey beg u. If you really want to learn walk-into any catholic bookshop and buy *The catechism of the catholic church revised editions paulines/ st pauls* If you must argue, remember that it is
argument.

This is a senseless statement, man made doctrines dats what you guys follow...

2 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
MEILYN:

This is a senseless statement, man made doctrines dats what you guys follow...
Dat's your opinion.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
damerry: Dude, must everyting come from the bible before you believe? Today's Bible does not contain and teach everyting about Christ ministry on earth. Well i believe you know that christ's disciples were all martyrd except john the beloved, can you give me citations from the bible that says so?
argument.

Thanks damerry for responding to my question however you didn't state where we are asked to pray in or through Mary. The titles advocate, helper etc are not accorded Mary in the Bible. Infact Mary immaculate conception wasn't pronounced until 1834 and Mother of God doctrine was just ratified as recently as 1931.

Hence, we do not have it in the bible where we are asked to pray in and through Mary
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
superior1: My other question asked earlier

Did Mary actually got married (like you did to your wife,if you did have one) to the Holy Spirit? What of her marriage to Joseph was it without sex? Was Mary married to both Joseph and Holy Spirit?
Dude go through the write-up again. Mary's marriage to josesph wasn't consumated. She was the spouse the holy spirit means her child Jesus was conceived of the holy spirit and not of human seed.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
superior1:

Thanks damerry for responding to my question however you didn't state where we are asked to pray in or through Mary. The titles advocate, helper etc are not accorded Mary in the Bible. Infact Mary immaculate conception wasn't pronounced until 1834 and Mother of God doctrine was just ratified as recently as 1931.

Hence, we do not have it in the bible where we are asked to pray in and through Mary
yes, it's not in the Bible. But her life ministry proves that she is the easiest way to christ heart, so what are you waiting for? Rush to the nearest catholic shop, get yourself a rosary , and start seeking her powerful intercession. Besides do you think her apparitions ain't real?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2013
damerry: Dude go through the write-up again. Mary's marriage to josesph wasn't consumated.

Mark 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him. 4 And Jesus said to them

Who gave birth to the other brothers of Jesus?

damerry: She was the spouse the holy spirit means her child Jesus was conceived of the holy spirit and not of human seed.

how did you came about that definition of spouse?

A spouse is a partner in a marriage, civil union, domestic partnership or common-law marriage. (source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spouse)

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
damerry: yes, it's not in the Bible. But her life ministry proves that she is the easiest way to christ heart, so what are you waiting for? Rush to the nearest catholic shop, get yourself a rosary , and start seeking her powerful intercession. Besides do you think her apparitions ain't real?

@all, does this reflect the positions of all other Catholics on this thread?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
@Superior,
you tired of dealing with one of us?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
@Superior,
you tired of dealing with one of us?

I dont get that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Be Wary Of Romantic Boyfriend And Girlfriend Relationships / My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) / Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.