Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Share Your Molue Experience.... - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your Molue Experience.... (11563 Views)

Whats The Approved Mileage Of Molue Bus / Molue Buses Rebranding For A Comeback / What Do You Miss About 'molue' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by robonski16: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
I had so many experience during my school days from oshodi to fadeyi and back.. So many drama from drug sellers, preachers etc..

On this particular day I boarded molue from fadeyi to oshodi, I had spent all my transport fare on "sisi pelebe, balewa, baba dudu grin etc.

Na so I enter this molue there where sits but based on no meney I stood the conductor asked me of my money with a deep voice "OWO e da" meaning where is ur money I told him " omo IGBOBI le me" meaning am from igbobi college, because sometimes the linient conductor respect student from igbobi college.. I told him I lost my money and I started begging him but for where..o boy the next thing I know the conductor gave me a dirty slap I started seeing stars for like 2 minutes, the passengers started insulting the conductor then the conductor insulted one guy who was pleading on my behalf.. Na so this guy stand up ooo the guy na even army man na so fight start inside molue ooo every where scatter.. The guy beat this conductor ooo and the funny thing is that with all this drama the driver will not say a word or even stop he kept firing on..

The army man ordered the conductor to give me #100 for slapping me.. Omo na so I collect money they happy enuf guguru and epa to buy..

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by trolling(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Me wey I dey catch and drop from molue in motion, that way I no go pay, those were those days
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by debetmx(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
robonski16: I had so many experience during my school days from oshodi to fadeyi and back.. So many drama from drug sellers, preachers etc..

On this particular day I boarded molue from fadeyi to oshodi, I had spent all my transport fare on "sisi pelebe, balewa, baba dudu grin etc.

Na so I enter this molue there where sits but based on no meney I stood the conductor asked me of my money with a deep voice "OWO e da" meaning where is ur money I told him " omo IGBOBI le me" meaning am from igbobi college, because sometimes the linient conductor respect student from igbobi college.. I told him I lost my money and I started begging him but for where..o boy the next thing I know the conductor gave me a dirty slap I started seeing stars for like 2 minutes, the passengers started insulting the conductor then the conductor insulted one guy who was pleading on my behalf.. Na so this guy stand up ooo the guy na even army man na so fight start inside molue ooo every where scatter.. The guy beat this conductor ooo and the funny thing is that with all this drama the driver will not say a word or even stop he kept firing on..

The army man ordered the conductor to give me #100 for slapping me.. Omo na so I collect money they happy enuf guguru and epa to buy..

Did you grow up or school in fadeyi? I hail ooo
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by robonski16: 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
debetmx:

Did you grow up or school in fadeyi? I hail ooo

Schooled at fadeyi but lived in oshodi..I hail too oo
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by rabzy: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
Molue na learning school o.
I remember one day I sat down on that very long last seat at the back, we got to a bus stop and there was this man that had an envelope filled with money in his back pocket. Then there was another guy trying to pick d money, na so I go be (jump), I shouted aah aah owo e owo e (ur money ur money). The guy being pickpocketed just grabbed his pocket and stopped the process and the thief jumped, unknown to me he had an accomplice in the molue, as the second guy was about to get down, na so d guy slap my face, that kain slap wey dey cover the whole face not the ear. Men I saw stars,my eyes red, d man I alerted was too shocked to say anything to me.
Na other perssengers come dey tell me pele pele, I no fit even talk. Nonetheless, the conductor still collect en pay, notin concern with good samaritan.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by visalo: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
I still cannot forget the funny fall i got when i tried to alight from molue in my first time in Lagos. (JJC) that was way back 1995. Although i already had this orientation from my bros in the village that molue in Lagos doesn't stop for passengers properly before they alight. As i tried to jump after reaching my bus stop, i felt down completely.
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by vanhelsing2099(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
Na so I enter dis molue 4rm iyana-ipaja goin 2 oshodi.
Na him dis man dey sell one kind cough drug wit no nafdac reg
D man talk say he don sell am 4 ghana,uk,liberia,america etc
Na so everybody dey buy d medicine.
Suddenly d man begin dey cough blow
Lwkm
D conductor jst shout "no b u talk say u don sell drug 4 queen of uk" na beat dem beat d man
People vex collect deir money

Part2
Na insyd molue u go c pastor/alfa wey dey preach bcuz he no want pay

Na insyd molue u go sharp(wen ur wallet travel or wen dem borrow ur fone)u go wise up

Lagos no dey carry last

1 Like

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by debetmx(m): 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
robonski16:

Schooled at fadeyi but lived in oshodi..I hail too oo

Igbobi college, igbobi girls, morocco, angus or mainland high school?
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by chaxumu: 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
it was in 2006 luk for bus to board frm oshodi to iyanapaja arnd 6.30pm and no bus, unfurtunate this molue just turn frm 1 uturn and everybody just rush in and i rush in through the back and there is no space inside i just manage to squeeze myself inside and use the door guide to guide myself. When i luk my frnt there is a lady with big buttock that covers my workstation as if am giving her dog style, the molue was tight that u cant shake ur body, and my oga under start to they rise and i just pray say make the lady no shout say sumbdy they shook her 4rm behind til she get down after along

1 Like

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by adexsimply(m): 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
rabzy: Molue na learning school o.
I remember one day I sat down on that very long last seat at the back, we got to a bus stop and there was this man that had an envelope filled with money in his back pocket. Then there was another guy trying to pick d money, na so I go be (jump), I shouted aah aah owo e owo e (ur money ur money). The guy being pickpocketed just grabbed his pocket and stopped the process and the thief jumped, unknown to me he had an accomplice in the molue, as the second guy was about to get down, na so d guy slap my face, that kain slap wey dey cover the whole face not the ear. Men I saw stars,my eyes red, d man I alerted was too shocked to say anything to me.
Na other perssengers come dey tell me pele pele, I no fit even talk. Nonetheless, the conductor still collect en pay, notin concern with good samaritan.
Buhahahaha!!! grin grin
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by Claroo(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
robonski16: I had so many experience during my school days from oshodi to fadeyi and back.. So many drama from drug sellers, preachers etc..

UP IC
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by robonski16: 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
Claroo:
UP IC

SAY SAY SAY!!!!!! Correct guy
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by robonski16: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
debetmx:

Igbobi college, igbobi girls, morocco, angus or mainland high school?

Brother ur head is there.. Up IC!!
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by Claroo(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
robonski16:

SAY SAY SAY!!!!!! Correct guy
Which Set Bro..........I rep 06 set
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by aieromon(m): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
I used the long term break of '98 to perfect the act of jumping down from a moving molue. I was so skillful that people started taking lessons from me. Of course,whether we paid our fares is a discussion for another day.

#there are certain bus stops where these molues just don't stop. You have to enter or exit into the moving wagon. I wonder whether those bus stops still exist.
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by kadree(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
My own don tey well well.wen i still dey do my IT for alausa sec.i join molue from iyana-ipaja to oshodi to drop at ikeja along.na my lucky day because i fall for d pple wey dey sitting position(remember d standing n sitting class for inside molue)
Na arond 10-11 dat morning n d weather hot no b small,na middle i sidan.e get dis man wey dey by my left,d suit wey dis man wear b like say na rug dem cut take sow am. come see as heat dey accumulate for my body because of d contact.as i dey busy dey wonder say y person go wear dis kind "iron" inside dis hot weather,nai d woman wey dey my right jst shout say one man wey dey standing, dey use him anaconda shook her for head.i jst beging wallow in self pity.funny moment back den
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by debetmx(m): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
robonski16:

Brother ur head is there.. Up IC!!

I only attended Igbobi Primary School
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by robonski16: 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
Claroo:
Which Set Bro..........I rep 06 set

Bro o2 set..
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by judedwriter(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
Rem my undergraduate days,when i used 2 hang on molues like spiderman. Sometimes I almost got pushed off, but I held on as if my life was on line. And of course there is no sharia law on
touching in molue.
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by rabzy: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
Another one I had was during the Ife Modakeke war. I decided to do some runs before so that I can have some cash before we resume.
So I would go and collect newspapers very early in the morning at iyana-ipaja and then go and sell it at u-turn busstop after abule-egba on the way to sango. I had my table in front of that big brown house at the busstop close to the express.

After dropping off all their persengers, molues coming from osodi/iyanapaja/abule-egba wud turn at U-turn empty for a return trip. Na so one afternoon after packing my unsold dailies and weeklys, I enter dis molue make e carry me turn so dat I won't need to cross the express with my load. The driver and condutors were not aware as I just hang for the back door.
Instead of the molue to turn, the thing just continue to dey go towards ogun state, and me dey go back my house for Agege. I no fit shout 'owa' as den no know say I enta and den no go even because of me stop.
Na so I dey stranded the thing dey go, I noticed that anytime the driva wants to change gear, the molue speed go reduce small, na so I say I go time am, wen next he clutches down to change gear, I go jump down.
Na so as he clutch down wan change gear, na so I jump down with my load inside ghana must go, na so I jump down run with speed for express kirikata kirikata make I no fall. All the people beside the road were shocked and were cursing me 'aah omo yi, o fe ku ni' 'were o fe para e'.I think That was the most foolhardy thing I have ever done. Though I did not fall, but I got the mother of all headaches for my madness.
The most annoying thing was that about 500 metres away the molue now made a uturn to the other side, entered a petrol station, then passed me by the roadside while I was still holding my head.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mine happened a few years ago when I was visiting my ex from school. Oshodi - iyana ipaja road was notorious for one-chance buses at that time of the day(night) so I opted for the molue bus. A while into the journey our conductor started practicing madness. It appeared he had a target to verbally abuse everyone in the bus.I was quiet of course, had my 'change' ready and even presented it before he got to me. The supposed fearful creature was one short stocky loud mouth who went his usual with a lone woman sitting way behind and looking tired. He started raining curses on her when she didn't have the exact denomination of the fare and told her he wasn't going to give back her balance. That was when the woman Loud it and decended on this unfortunate guy. The beating was serious, blood was coming out from his nose and teeth went flying. The guy was on the floor crying like a baby while holding on to her legs. Wa pa mi loni o...'you will kill me today o' was all I could make from the crazy fellow who had bullied everyone initially. Nobody pitied him o, the beating was well deserving.

By the way, we learned later that the woman was a police woman grin
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by eme1n(m): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
Several experiences while a student in ipaja 85-91:
The back Tyre coming off while moving on ikorodu road just before onipanu!; Those toothpaste and toothbrush vendors brushing peoples teeth; Sitting behind a big arsed lady and her ass resting on your knees, while tapping current she turned round to say she'll slap me if i continue; Those guys selling craw craw creams and dramatizing the extacy of scratching. Many many more..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by rabzy: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
Another one I had was when I was doing my 3 months industrial attachment with a civil engineering firm at Jibowu yaba. I wud board a molue very early at orile agege to osodi. Then from osodi to yaba.

One thing that used to happen where we enter the yaba molue is that, sitting is 30naira, while standing is 20 naira. many of us in the standing committe go don come as molue starts loading, but we no go enta but stay for ground dey watch until the last seat is occupied.
After dat na die o, come see rushing, elbows, knees, headbutt, pushing as all of us wey don dey wait struggle to enter for standing. Am not sure there is any rushing in lagos that was as brutal as that then. If u don't make it that means u have to go and wait again for the next molue to load sitting finish b4 u come start to dey rush for standing again. That was not an option for my agege-brougt-up self, I dey always make my own molue.

On dis day I made my molue and retained my place as a honourable member of d standing committee. Na so I go see wan girl wey be like younger sister to me comfortably seated just beside me, na so d girl greet me bros good morning, I said hello back to her. When the conductor come dey come to collect money, wetin bros go do now, na so me wey struggle to enter standing come dey pay for girl wey sit down comfortably.Bros must not fall himself hand.

That afternoon, na fufu with no meat I chop. After that day, aside from the struggle I gats to make sure I no stand near person wey I know, make wetin happen no go happen again.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by BarryX(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by BarryX(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
I remembered this one in the late 90's!
We boarded a Molue heading from Mile 12 to Oshodi back then, me and my friend. You know Nigerians and their over-showmanship of respect. The two of us were just gisting away when we saw two supposed' Old men probably in their late twenties entering the bus, All eyes were now on us to stand up probably because we were the youngest teens on seats.
Me and friend bone say- today nothing dey happen- if they like make them insult our parents. Omo- you need to see the ocean of insults, my friend being the hot-headed teen that he was then, attacked them word-for-word. One middle-age dude that couldn't take the insult from a small boy landed him a slap and started dragging the two of us out of the seats. Me sef no gree for the package - i still tanda gidigba- no shaking- they tire when they see unrelenting little strong-willed rascals'' standing their ground against some adult oppression.
I can say it helped shaped my perspective about life and oppression to an extent especially ''manually resetting or slapping'' an obviously weaker person because you feel you're stronger and older.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by robonski16: 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
rabzy: Another one I had was when I was doing my 3 months industrial attachment with a civil engineering firm at Jibowu yaba. I wud board a molue very early at orile agege to osodi. Then from osodi to yaba.

One thing that used to happen where we enter the yaba molue is that, sitting is 30naira, while standing is 20 naira. many of us in the standing committe go don come as molue starts loading, but we no go enta but stay for ground dey watch until the last seat is occupied.
After dat na die o, come see rushing, elbows, knees, headbutt, pushing as all of us wey don dey wait struggle to enter for standing. Am not sure there is any rushing in lagos that was as brutal as that then. If u don't make it that means u have to go and wait again for the next molue to load sitting finish b4 u come start to dey rush for standing again. That was not an option for my agege-brougt-up self, I dey always make my own molue.

On dis day I made my molue and retained my place as a honourable member of d standing committee. Na so I go see wan girl wey be like younger sister to me comfortably seated just beside me, na so d girl greet me bros good morning, I said hello back to her. When the conductor come dey come to collect money, wetin bros go do now, na so me wey struggle to enter standing come dey pay for girl wey sit down comfortably.Bros must not fall himself hand.

That afternoon, na fufu with no meat I chop. After that day, aside from the struggle I gats to make sure I no stand near person wey I know, make wetin happen no go happen again.
grin
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by Avril83: 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
bellong: There was also this day I was going to ijebu-ode years ago and I planned saving cost so I opted to go by molue. An old man already took a seat in the molue but went out to buy something. Though he left something on the seat to prevent another taking it. Nevertheless, a young guy came few minutes after and took over the seat, he relocated the man's. property to another seat.

When the old man came, he told him that it was his reserved seat but the guy shunned him and told the man to find another place to sit. The man did not argue and only told him to continue sitting there forever. On getting to his destination, the young man couldn't stand up from the seat. He bottom was glued to the seat. It was like watching Herbert Ogunde's movie. Unfortunately for him, the old man alighted long before him. However, after some hours of delay, a spiritualist who saw his predicament came to his rescue and warned him not to disrespect his elders anymore.

Though, I was very young then, since that time, I always stand up for old people in the bus.
. Hmmmm Bellong, akiika! This na super story o. I've heard that same story from like three different people who claimed it happened in their presence. Abeg, this garri too much o!! I'm sure you too heard it somewhere. You tried sha. You got my attention. No hard feelings bro. lipsrsealed
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
A bad experience:

I was in Lagos alone for the first time that day and was heading to Apapa. I reach park but I no dey sure abt which bus I go take... na so I follow people do gra gra enta one bus...I no even dey sure of where I dey go and where to drop...
Time to pay reach, I release 1000 naira note. “chairman u dey craze?!! I no get change o!!” conductor begin tear hot Yoruba dey complain. Na so I jus siddon dey look like agbaya... see intimidation. When them reach one junction I come down say at least make I hala my aunty from business center to confam which place before I take anoda bus. Na so I forget my 1K for dat guy hand... cry

singing *e dey pain me* by stereoman
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by rabzy: 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
Well this one no funny and no be me e happen to. There was a boy we used to play ball with on the street and he was my junior in secondary school. His name was banjo adaranijo, he was a cousin/nephew to the present chairman of orile agege lcda.
Na so we hear say say the boy don die. He and his gang used to go and rob pple inside molue, unfortunately/fortunately a patrol vehicle was behind them as they were robbing the molue around ile-zik busstop, the rest of the gang quickly jumped down but he was the one collecting the money and cud not escape on time, he was caught and shot immediately by the police, that was the end of banjo.

Years later, his younger brother too monsuru adaranijo alias 'settle me' was caught stealing from women going to buy bread early in the morning at the bakery. They used to rape and rob these women, the opc rounded up 4 of dem and burnt dem at orile agege, it was in the papers then.
The chairman himself was a gentle guy he used to be a shoe-maker and repairs our shoe, even after he became chairman his shop was still operating for a while.
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by ibro2much(m): 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
my experience with molues is as many as possible,
here are the little i can remember.

there was this particular day i was going for an interview with my friend at ikeja,so we decided to board molue so as to save cost wink,unknown to us the conductor has vowed not to stop at ikeja along because of lastma officials...so as we were approaching ikeja along i told the conductor that we will be alighting at along but lo and behold the driver drove toward abule egba.....it was then that people in the vehicle started begging for us and the conductor said the only chance we can get to go down from the vehicle is that we should be praying for old-up at ile-zik...on getting to ile-zik the traffic officials has just passed the traffic and we are just having like six vehicle in front of us.......as a sharp guy wey don dey enter molue before i jumped down grin but my friend was not as lucky as i am,he tried jumping down but he fell down and wounded himself...so that was the end for the interview for the day...
more later
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by Revolva(m): 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
grin grin i remeber back then i used to board molue from ijora badia to fadeyi somolu..to schoool..na wa oo thing was very ruff...sha ..and the molue na over crowded one...sometimes a door i go dey till i reach busstop.....and the molue is very smokie...fumes everywhere that can make u choke
Re: Share Your Molue Experience.... by omogemi: 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
bellong: There was also this day I was going to ijebu-ode years ago and I planned saving cost so I opted to go by molue. An old man already took a seat in the molue but went out to buy something. Though he left something on the seat to prevent another taking it. Nevertheless, a young guy came few minutes after and took over the seat, he relocated the man's property to another seat.

When the old man came, he told him that it was his reserved seat but the guy shunned him and told the man to find another place to sit. The man did not argue and only told him to continue sitting there forever. On getting to his destination, the young man couldn't stand up from the seat. He bottom was glued to the seat. It was like watching Herbert Ogunde's movie. Unfortunately for him, the old man alighted long before him. However, after some hours of delay, a spiritualist who saw his predicament came to his rescue and warned him not to disrespect his elders anymore.

Though, I was very young then, since that time, I always stand up for old people in the bus.

for real..., grin grin grin grin i don laugh tire for here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Is Petrol In Your Area? / Danfo Conductors: 4 Tips On How To Avoid Trouble With Them / Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.