Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,785 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (391793 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Terry1(m): 10:01am On Jul 16, 2015
Any one tried to reach the Secretariat recently? It's really frustrating. Six months rent down the drain already. This isn't right at all.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by henry231101: 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
what i can't understand is why they've decided to be quiet about all our complaints. Something is seriously wrong somewhere. They are being shady for a reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eugene77: 12:24am On Jul 17, 2015
Youwin sec is no longer responding to our calls...These guys must be upto something fishy, they had all the needed time to pay us since last year september but they were delaying d whole process until it degenarate into the present mess!
Desperate times calls for desperate measures...
Fellow Awardees, I must confess to u dat our case is no longer funny. We must do somthing nw b4 its too late. We worked so hard 2 get d Youwin grant, hence , we must work even harder to get our hard earned money. At dis juncture I think if anybody here knows any top class individual who is in any position to help us in d form of Sanators, Advacates, etc, we shud contact them nw !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sunylee1: 8:35am On Jul 17, 2015
eugene77:
Youwin sec is no longer responding to our calls...These guys must be upto something fishy, they had all the needed time to pay us since last year september but they were delaying d whole process until it degenarate into the present mess!
Desperate times calls for desperate measures...
Fellow Awardees, I must confess to u dat our case is no longer funny. We must do somthing nw b4 its too late. We worked so hard 2 get d Youwin grant, hence , we must work even harder to get our hard earned money. At dis juncture I think if anybody here knows any top class individual who is in any position to help us in d form of Sanators, Advacates, etc, we shud contact them nw !!!

We need to be very careful to avoid causing more problems.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wingopride: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
sunylee1:

We need to be very careful to avoid causing more problems.

You are already in more problems. The earlier we wake up the better. I said only two keys can save us Prayer and Pressure. There something very bad happening. That is th truth. We are nt being unruly rather than keep mute, let's organise in the most civil manner n get answers! How long do u intend to wait wit 'no response' from a Sec' that is seemingly in the dark?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wingopride: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
alaolani:

What is her Facebook name... Kindly post here the link to her Facebook page n ur publication. Nice step in the right direction. We shall be helped shortly.

It wasn't my publication bt Nigerian Tribune. You can get her facebook page by just googling Ngozi iweala's facebook page and u can search for her twitter acc by checking @ngoziiweala ( kindly confirm)
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eazeefix: 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
You guys should leave madam Ngozi alone she is fighting a bigger personal battle now. I only pray that YouWiN isn't infected by corruption because that will spell doom for the program. Let due process take it's full course. Are you aware that some awardees absconded with their first tranche?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sunylee1: 5:37am On Jul 18, 2015
wingopride:

You are already in more problems. The earlier we wake up the better. I said only two keys can save us Prayer and Pressure. There something very bad happening. That is th truth. We are nt being unruly rather than keep mute, let's organise in the most civil manner n get answers! How long do u intend to wait wit 'no response' from a Sec' that is seemingly in the dark?

Mark your word: I am not in any problem. Get that straight!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by makzeze: 6:09am On Jul 18, 2015
Nawa for you youwinners, dont you know there is change of govt.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by oceanwhale4u: 8:25am On Jul 18, 2015
Fellow multi millionaires winners,let us always think wisely. when GEJ conceeded defeat u ought to be smart to trigger immediately'. This Nigeria where Politics and witch-hunting is endermic.
i wonder why people refuses to make heir while the sunshines. when FMF started paying the 2nd tranche on 28th May,before hand over to the Buhari lead Govt i know that unlucky awardees who were nt in the 1st batch would suffer before the new govt approves their payments.I pray every dine will be paid becos my company will trigger for 3rd tranche next month since i have met my milestones.Lolz....... We are praying hard for payment continuity i need my 3rd tranche for business expansion
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 8:31am On Jul 18, 2015
The YouWIN secretariat is shut. All the staff there have left with NOI. If you have not been paid, you have to pray hard. There is money for the program, but no one to administer it. The best bet is to wait for a new minister to come on board and declare what will happen. It is likely the program will be rebranded as I don't see how all the money devoted to the program will be sent back to the World bank and DFID.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2015
I need to add that if you voted for Buhari and u are enjoying YouWIN, then you are part of the mess created.

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Beeza: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Glad I am finally able to post on this thread! This info is incorrect! I was at the YouWIN secretariat in person last Wednesday, and I met and spoke to Mr. Chris, who is in-charge of monitoring at the secretariat. Even some of the monitors haven't been paid, and they've all been invited for a meeting next week. As for payment to awardees yet to receive 2nd tranche, the permanent secretary at the ministry of finance wants approval from the president before asking the CBN to release payments. And let me correct a misconception, because I've been lucky to look at the draft agreement for the YouWIN program between the FG and development partners. The world bank sponsors the seminars, workshops, trainings, etc. While the DFID takes care of monitoring, pays the school of start-ups, Pan african university and others that help with the evaluation of concept notes and business plans. The business grant itself comes wholly from the FG. I wonder how someone can claim that the DFID is giving business grants to Nigerian youths when they don't even give business grants to UK youths. The program started by the Cameron govt which is a bit similar to YouWIN is financed by the UK govt. Before the end of next week, those yet to receive second tranche should have an inkling as to when they will be paid, just stay in touch with your independent monitors, as the issue will be discussed in the meeting slated for next week. I have been paid 2nd tranche, but I felt I should share this so those of you yet to receive yours don't lose hope. What we can do to help ourselves is find ways to reach President Buhari, those of us with Twitter accounts, let's send him tweets, send him Facebook messages, etc., and those that know high ranking APC members, speak to them about the YOUWIN program. NOI can't help anyone now, so you guys should just let her be!
stagger:
The YouWIN secretariat is shut. All the staff there have left with NOI. If you have not been paid, you have to pray hard. There is money for the program, but no one to administer it. The best bet is to wait for a new minister to come on board and declare what will happen. It is likely the program will be rebranded as I don't see how all the money devoted to the program will be sent back to the World bank and DFID.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by alaolani: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
Beeza:
Glad I am finally able to post on this thread! This info is incorrect! I was at the YouWIN secretariat in person last Wednesday, and I met and spoke to Mr. Chris, who is in-charge of monitoring at the secretariat. Even some of the monitors haven't been paid, and they've all been invited for a meeting next week. As for payment to awardees yet to receive 2nd tranche, the permanent secretary at the ministry of finance wants approval from the president before asking the CBN to release payments. And let me correct a misconception, because I've been lucky to look at the draft agreement for the YouWIN program between the FG and development partners. The world bank sponsors the seminars, workshops, trainings, etc. While the DFID takes care of monitoring, pays the school of start-ups, Pan african university and others that help with the evaluation of concept notes and business plans. The business grant itself comes wholly from the FG. I wonder how someone can claim that the DFID is giving business grants to Nigerian youths when they don't even give business grants to UK youths. The program started by the Cameron govt which is a bit similar to YouWIN is financed by the UK govt. Before the end of next week, those yet to receive second tranche should have an inkling as to when they will be paid, just stay in touch with your independent monitors, as the issue will be discussed in the meeting slated for next week. I have been paid 2nd tranche, but I felt I should share this so those of you yet to receive yours don't lose hope. What we can do to help ourselves is find ways to reach President Buhari, those of us with Twitter accounts, let's send him tweets, send him Facebook messages, etc., and those that know high ranking APC members, speak to them about the YOUWIN program. NOI can't help anyone now, so you guys should just let her be!

Can i av ur number pls i like to talk to u based on dis info u just shared. Am a youwin3 awardee business in Portharcourt precisely and am yet to be paid in 2nd batch. Kindly reach me asap on 08189835640. Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wingopride: 2:07am On Jul 19, 2015
oceanwhale4u:
Fellow multi millionaires winners,let us always think wisely. when GEJ conceeded defeat u ought to be smart to trigger immediately'. This Nigeria where Politics and witch-hunting is endermic.
i wonder why people refuses to make heir while the sunshines. when FMF started paying the 2nd tranche on 28th May,before hand over to the Buhari lead Govt i know that unlucky awardees who were nt in the 1st batch would suffer before the new govt approves their payments.I pray every dine will be paid becos my company will trigger for 3rd tranche next month since i have met my milestones.Lolz....... We are praying hard for payment continuity i need my 3rd tranche for business expansion

Things aren't usually the way they seem to be...I was among those who triggered first! Even before GEJ knew his fate...meanwhile, does anyone know why mohammed was deleted from Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by charzyh2: 7:51am On Jul 19, 2015
stagger:
I need to add that if you voted for Buhari and u are enjoying YouWIN, then you are part of the mess created.
Hi sir,
You have a PM
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wakes: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2015
All is well! Thanks for the encouraging post, @beeza. I believe all shall receive their second and third tranches though they are delayed. It is unfortunate for those who have not started making money from their businesses yet. God will help you too. Help shall locate you!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Beeza: 11:50am On Jul 19, 2015
If you have any concerns about any of my posts, just state it, and I'll respond ASAP. Also, for batch 1 tranche 2 payments, not every awardee that was visited by monitors in April and approved was included in batch 1. A few were left out and will be paid with batch 2. The secretariat did that to create a balance, because almost all awardees were visited and approved by monitors in April and the number was more than the secretariat could accommodate in batch 1, so some awardees in states with large numbers were left out because the secretariat wanted an even spread in batch 1 payments. To explain further; states like Lagos, Abuja, Rivers, Edo, Bauchi, etc that have large numbers of awardees not everyone was included in batch 1 even though you had triggered, been visited and approved, while states like Kebbi, Zamfara, Yobe that have few awardees everyone that had been visited and approved by monitors was paid in batch 1. This info is no secret, just pay a visit to the secretariat and you'll get it. The YouWIN secretariat is located in the FMF.
alaolani:

Can i av ur number pls i like to talk to u based on dis info u just shared. Am a youwin3 awardee business in Portharcourt precisely and am yet to be paid in 2nd batch. Kindly reach me asap on 08189835640. Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wingopride: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Beeza:
If you have any concerns about any of my posts, just state it, and I'll respond ASAP. Also, for batch 1 tranche 2 payments, not every awardee that was visited by monitors in April and approved was included in batch 1. A few were left out and will be paid with batch 2. The secretariat did that to create a balance, because almost all awardees were visited and approved by monitors in April and the number was more than the secretariat could accommodate in batch 1, so some awardees in states with large numbers were left out because the secretariat wanted an even spread in batch 1 payments. To explain further; states like Lagos, Abuja, Rivers, Edo, Bauchi, etc that have large numbers of awardees not everyone was included in batch 1 even though you had triggered, been visited and approved, while states like Kebbi, Zamfara, Yobe that have few awardees everyone that had been visited and approved by monitors was paid in batch 1. This info is no secret, just pay a visit to the secretariat and you'll get it. The YouWIN secretariat is located in the FMF.

Our prayers are working! Let's keep at it while we see how our voices through our words can get to PMB and some highly placed party chieftains.

To those who have the 'connection', the links, there is no better time to use it than now. If PMB says 'okay' then we shld get it in no time but what if...only prayer and strategic action can suffice. Let's double effort! God alone will receive the Glory at the end.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Beeza: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
I am not writing just to give hope to those yet to be paid tranche 2. Everything I've posted here so far are facts, my mother is a director at the FMF, so the FMF is a place I visit atleast twice every week. I just do not want you guys to be mislead by people posting lies like the fellow who said all the staff at the YOUWIN secretariat had left with NOI. Yes it is true that the pioneering coordinator who also doubled as one of her special advisers in no longer there, but he has since been replaced by someone else.
wakes:
All is well! Thanks for the encouraging post, @beeza. I believe all shall receive their second and third tranches though they are delayed. It is unfortunate for those who have not started making money from their businesses yet. God will help you too. Help shall locate you!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sunylee1: 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
I read on news that YouWiN 3 Awardees were protesting none payment of tranche 2 and 3 in Taraba State.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wingopride: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
Beeza:
I am not writing just to give hope to those yet to be paid tranche 2. Everything I've posted here so far are facts, my mother is a director at the FMF, so the FMF is a place I visit atleast twice every week. I just do not want you guys to be mislead by people posting lies like the fellow who said all the staff at the YOUWIN secretariat had left with NOI. Yes it is true that the pioneering coordinator who also doubled as one of her special advisers in no longer there, but he has since been replaced by someone else.

At least there is someone who can furnish us not only with real facts but also with timely info. Appreciated. Let's just believe that PMB will not do otherwise than to approve our fund!

Meanwhile Let's be patient, awaiting the outcome of this week's meeting with the independent monitors.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eugene77: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
This is a matter of life, some of us have made very expensive purchases in advance. Pls, anybody who can help Youwin 3 Awardees to receive their hard-pursued 2nd & 3rd tranches shud do so ASAP in order to save ppls lives...
@Beeza, pls do give us more updates as they come.
I will also like to speak with you directly.
Thanks...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by charzyh2: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2015
stagger:
Please check your mail sir
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Beeza: 7:45am On Jul 21, 2015
If by the end of this week we do not get positive news as to when those yet to receive 2nd tranche will be paid and when the rest of us can start to trigger for 3rd tranche, I suggest we all assemble at Central Business District and march from there to the presidential villa carrying placards 'Bring back our girls' style. I know this might be a bit tasking for awardees that live outside FCT, but if that is what we have to do to get the attention of Mr President then I think it is worth it! Like I said before, for those yet to receive tranche 2 stay in touch with your independent monitors to get the outcome of their meeting to be held before the end of the week.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eugene77: 11:47am On Jul 21, 2015
All Youwin 3 Awardees who are not in our facebook group should join us today to become members with the rest of the Youwin3 Awardees;To join us,just enter facebook page & type:Youwin 3 Awardees.
This will enable us coordinate ourselves better.
We must strive harder until we receive our money

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Beeza: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2015
I have authoritative info that the perm sec at FMF has gotten clearance from the powers that be to continue payment. And so awardees in the 215 currently being processed should start receiving alerts anytime from next week. I also understand that those 215 would be split in two.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by xdream(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2015
Beeza:
I have authoritative info that the perm sec at FMF has gotten clearance from the powers that be to continue payment. And so awardees in the 215 currently being processed should start receiving alerts anytime from next week. I also understand that those 215 would be split in two.

Thank you Beeza for giving hope to the hopeless.

Let me also add that if you've clamoured for change, and you're yet to be paid, then you shouldn't cry over this unending delay. It's obvious that the delay has already frustrated some short term goals.

What has even changed so far? You cried over change in fuel pump price yet the least you can buy a litre is N100.

Naira keeps falling against dollar everyday. You don get 24/7 power supply ba?

You agents of change said YouWiN has nothing to do with politics, why don't you make a call and have your money easily? Why's your money been subjected to decisions from the new administration? If GEJ were still the president, all these mess won't be happening.

Remember that Fashola said YouWiN is like a lottery. The new administration during the recent election campaigns said YouWiN is a failure and you would agree with me that the chances of the continuity of this programme is very slim. Now you've killed so many Nigerians dream by your selfish and silly demand for change!

Man, I see no change. All I see is chains. Or is your biz not tied down already?

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Terry1(m): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2015
xdream:

Thank you Beeza for giving hope to the hopeless.
Let me also add that if you've clamoured for change, and you're yet to be paid, then you shouldn't cry over this unending delay. It's obvious that the delay has already frustrated some short term goals.
What has even changed so far? You cried over change in fuel pump price yet the least you can buy a litre is N100.
Naira keeps falling against dollar everyday. You don get 24/7 power supply ba?
You agents of change said YouWiN has nothing to do with politics, why don't you make a call and have your money easily? Why's your money been subjected to decisions from the new administration? If GEJ were still the president, all these mess won't be happening.
Remember that Fashola said YouWiN is like a lottery. The new administration during the recent election campaigns said YouWiN is a failure and you would agree with me that the chances of the continuity of this programme is very slim. Now you've killed so many Nigerians dream by your selfish and silly demand for change!
Man, I see no change. All I see is chains. Or is your biz not tied down already?

Take it easy bro, the change in govt. has come, nothing anyone can do about it now. We should just pray that for the benefit of all Nigerians let the country get better.
And for us awardees, let our prayers be more stronger now that this administration doesn't cancel the program, thus the dreams of many youth.
And for all Who have received their 2nd tranche already, I advise that you be good ambassadors of this great program by growing your businesses profitably.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Beeza:
Thank you beeza for this message of hope. Keep up d good work

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wingopride: 9:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Beeza:

Split into two AGAIN? Only supernatural strength will sufice if anyone is left out again. Waiting for NEXT WEEK!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (149) (Reply)

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.