Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389539 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
blink182: afterward? There has been no beforeward.
at least we opened profile on their portal and nothing comes up again grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
newacca:
at least we opened profile on their portal and nothing comes up again grin
lol
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by gbengalite(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2013
When can we submit our Biz Plan?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
I think will start on 25th November.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
newacca: I think will start on 25th November.
I hope so.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Olsey: 9:07am On Nov 06, 2013
newacca: I think will start on 25th November.
Source please?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omotititi: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2013
Dear All, I hv made several attempts at registering for the Youwin programme for about two weeks now and the site keeps coming back with an error message -"Please select the highest qualification you hvae obtained" even after I hv selected my highest qualification. Please, has anyone experienced similar situation and how did you manage it.Please assist. Thank you.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2013
Olsey:
Source please?
He said he thinks...haba!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 06, 2013
omotititi: Dear All, I hv made several attempts at registering for the Youwin programme for about two weeks now and the site keeps coming back with an error message -"Please select the highest qualification you hvae obtained" even after I hv selected my highest qualification. Please, has anyone experienced similar situation and how did you manage it.Please assist. Thank you.
Most of the users here if not all registered a long time ago. Just keep trying.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2013
omotititi: Dear All, I hv made several attempts at registering for the Youwin programme for about two weeks now and the site keeps coming back with an error message -"Please select the highest qualification you hvae obtained" even after I hv selected my highest qualification. Please, has anyone experienced similar situation and how did you manage it.Please assist. Thank you.

I registered last month. You can contact them @
Admin@youwin.org.ng
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by readone1(m): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2013
blink182: He said he thinks...haba!
Its stated on the website scroll down to the competition timeline you will see ''Launch November 25, 2013 Presidential launch''
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by adesegun121(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2013
[Mod] -I derailed this thread with ads, and I have now been banned- sad
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by readone1(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2013
Olsey:
Source please?
Its stated on the website scroll down to the competition timeline you will see ''Launch November 25, 2013 Presidential launch''
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Lilimax(f): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2013
I thought the registration has ended or is it still onundecided.

Two of my friends benefitted from the last edition.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2013
blink182: there is no limit else it would have been stated but it is advisable you keep your plan concise and neat. Usually I don't think it should exceed 5 pages.

Be very concise with your proposal while writing under these headings:

Introduction

Market potential

Basis and Presumptions

Implementation schedule

Technical aspects

Financial aspects-fixed and working capital

Financial analysis-cost of production, fixed cost

These are mainly it, if you know what you are doing, these headings will guide you in writing a very strong business plan in less than 5 typed pages.

Five pages? For a good business plan. That's way too small, well, I don't really know about this competition.

Normally, if there too many business plans to go through, the one page executive summary is what the investor uses to decide whether to go through the entire business plan or shove it aside.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 06, 2013
Olsey: Please do we have any past beneficiary here?
yes i was a benefiary of d first edition ...i got to know about it on nairaland lik this nd i applied nd won....millions...i was yet to nta school then i just wrot jamb then whil waitin for my admision....finally i got admitd while i also won d grant

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 06, 2013
Tayeni: great insight. Pls can anyone suggest where to get reliable figures and statistics to back up my market size estimation or quantity of demand. We all knw Nigeria has no serious data base. And also....hw can one carry out a simple credible survey........mine is a small business. Can't afford a formal consultant to carry out survey

What sector?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by lamex13(m): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2013
free online news jounal
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by lamex13(m): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2013
free online news magazine
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 06, 2013
I have tons of ideas, from small scale to large. Wish I could submit more than one, hard to decide.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 06, 2013
All these Step.1 Step.2 Step.4 things dey tire me. How can one win?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stitcheD(m): 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
blink182: I have noticed a trend among the top success stories. Despite the grant sum being listed as between N1-10m, they seem to all have proposals costing under N5m and we really do not have access to other contestants to know the highest grant sum given.
This present programme my wife and i got 10 million. But we already had a business that we wanted to expand. For a new business to get the max will be a tough job because you will be expected to turn it over in a year.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
stitcheD:
This present programme my wife and i got 10 million. But we already had a business that we wanted to expand. For a new business to get the max will be a tough job because you will be expected to turn it over in a year.

In a year! That's kind of short, what was ur idea on (no insight, just like the sector).
I'm having a hard time deciding on construction business, Web related (profit will be mainly from advetising like nairaland) or Car wash and laundry that is really viable
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=Olsey

Introducing YouWin 3!

The 2013 YouWIN Business competition (third edition) will be launched by the president, in the month of August, for both men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria (between ages 18 and 40.)

Step 3: Complete New Business Application
Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side (the link will be visible once the competition is launched in August 2013). You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it. You can submit only ONE application.
What next?
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition.
http://www.scholarship-nigeria.com/2013/08/youwin-business-competition-2013.html

[/quote]

Am sure that the moderator who pushed this to the fronpage and the majority commenting here did not read this part. cry

Op mind telling us when August 2013 shall come? undecided undecided
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
please can University Students, participate in this cox i got great ideas up there? Am entreprenuer also cox my services ve been earning me tens of thousands weekly!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by saemmanuel(m): 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
toluls:

Iv sent one to you, twice. Attached is a munched screen showing its sent. Check ur spam folder.

kindly send it to me too, saemmanuel@ovi.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mr President is launching YouWIN 3 on Nov 25th at the State House. I already have an invitation.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chisco: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
toluls:

Iv sent one to you, twice. Attached is a munched screen showing its sent. Check ur spam folder.

@ toluls; Please also send me a copy to edujogu1650@gmail.com.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
mikeoh:
yes i was a benefiary of d first edition ...i got to know about it on nairaland lik this nd i applied nd won....millions...i was yet to nta school then i just wrot jamb then whil waitin for my admision....finally i got admitd while i also won d grant
bro, since U are a Ugrad and yet u still won the grant, how possible will it be for me win? the only cert i have now after my Sec School is one i got 4rm a consulting firm that organised a business summit. I got great ideas concerning the Food Sector, which in the long process, will affect other sectors of the economy.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Afolabs101: 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
Promhize:

In a year! That's kind of short, what was ur idea on (no insight, just like the sector).
I'm having a hard time deciding on construction business, Web related (profit will be mainly from advetising like nairaland) or Car wash and laundry that is really viable

Go where you have the best network/contacts. If your cousin is Local Govt Chairman, go into construction as you can be assured to get some contracts. If say your Uncle owns a hotel, set up the laundry and be washing staff uniforms or he can even outsource all their laundry issues. For car wash, location is most important as well as price.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
Afolabs101:

Go where you have the best network/contacts. If your cousin is Local Govt Chairman, go into construction as you can be assured to get some contracts. If say your Uncle owns a hotel, set up the laundry and be washing staff uniforms or he can even outsource all their laundry issues. For car wash, location is most important as well as price.

I don't really know much about construction, just have an idea and it would take months to start up and even years to stabilize, but someone said one would have to make the capital Youwin provides back in 1year.

I wouldn't even be thinking about a small scale business like car wash and laundry if the location and everything wasn't perfect.

I will just go for with simple car wash and laundry, I'm just wondering if they would want to invest in a mere car wash business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.