Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389843 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by samuelkingz(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2014
good morning house..i hav been highly inspired by all ur creative ideas...and congrats to u all hu made it..pls i wld like to know if an idea like recycling of waste products into reusable products can make it through youwin...recycling (products such as paper,plastic,metals etc)pls ur suggeations wld be valuable.tanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2014
Donxavier:

I have PMed you lol.

There is a better one I think, but I need an experienced hand to help me go through the document. It's a CBN refinancing fund for strictly manufacturers, and I even think it's better than the Youwin. Was done by Sanusi 2010, but you know the way naija is now....info on these kinds of things very very scarce and you just have people in the know getting their people to benefit from it.

i have responded.

Which fund is that? do you know the specific name?

financing and grants are not the same...i prefer a grant/dash to a loan...however, a loan is better than nothing.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2014
samuelkingz:
good morning house..i hav been highly inspired by all ur creative ideas...and congrats to u all hu made it..pls i wld like to know if an idea like recycling of waste products into reusable products can make it through youwin...recycling (products such as paper,plastic,metals etc)pls ur suggeations wld be valuable.tanks

value creation is key. there should be someone somewhere who is ready to pay for your product or service...and you should be reachable to that person.

The points to identify are:
What do you want to recycle?
what do you want to get as an output?
who are the ready consumers of the output?
what is the process cost (or conversion cost from waste to wealth)?
conduct a cost versus benefit analysis of the whole process
how much can you sell the outcome to make a profit?
will the consumer be willing to pay the cost-plus margin price willingly?
risk analysis...market, industry, regulatory, foreign, etc

once you provide the answers, then we can fire up.

cheers and welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by samuelkingz(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2014
tanks a lot sir,i hav not really given a deep research into....but now i wld work on all dese factors u hav listed...more advises re highly appreciated
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2014
Denn:

i have responded.

Which fund is that? do you know the specific name?

financing and grants are not the same...i prefer a grant/dash to a loan...however, a loan is better than nothing.

Sent you the file..

Well, I guess it depends on how you view it. A loan at 7% interest rate with a loan tenor of up to 15 years and a first year moratorium with the maximum of up to N1b at your disposal is surely better than a max 10m grant. A grant/dash is only for start-up purposes, to enhance and grow a business you would need loans at single digit interest rates. Sadly, with the commercial banks going at 23%, you can see the dilemma of the average business man. These CBN programmes do help, with the MSMEDF at 9% but it can be better.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
Donxavier:

Sent you the file..

Well, I guess it depends on how you view it. A loan at 7% interest rate with a loan tenor of up to 15 years and a first year moratorium with the maximum of up to N1b at your disposal is surely better than a max 10m grant. A grant/dash is only for start-up purposes, to enhance and grow a business you would need loans at single digit interest rates. Sadly, with the commercial banks going at 23%, you can see the dilemma of the average business man. These CBN programmes do help, with the MSMEDF at 9% but it can be better.

You are right. I won't mind lending on that condition in addition to a grant.

We can't blame the banks. They lend out based on the cost of funds they receive.

Diesel, salaries, returns on investment, regulatory levies, costs of operations, cash handling costs, security, atm maintenance, etc... Costs are high bro.

Diesel and security alone can account for over 30% savings... And this is a conservative estimate.

Banks don't run generators in Developed countries.

I have responded to your mail as regards our discussion.

Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Denn:

You are right. I won't mind lending on that condition in addition to a grant.

We can't blame the banks. They lend out based on the cost of funds they receive.

Diesel, salaries, returns on investment, regulatory levies, costs of operations, cash handling costs, security, atm maintenance, etc... Costs are high bro.

Diesel and security alone can account for over 30% savings... And this is a conservative estimate.

Banks don't run generators in Developed countries.

I have responded to your mail as regards our discussion.

Thanks

Thanks so much you've been very helpful. So the 9% MSMEDF is the best offer on cards right now in this country grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
Donxavier:

Thanks so much you've been very helpful. So the 9% MSMEDF is the best offer on cards right now in this country grin

Yes.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
The invitation is out. Check your mails.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wakes: 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Dear.......

You are invited to the validation process that determines your eligibility for the YouWiN! grant award and the signing of a Legal Agreement with the Federal Ministry of Finance scheduled to take place as follows:

Date: Saturday, October 25 2014
Venue: Phase 2 Auditorium, Federal Ministry of Finance, Ahmadu Bello Way, Abuja
Time: 7:30am

You are required to bring along with you the original and 1 photocopy of the following;

1. Your Government issued ID that confirms your identity, age and Nigerian citizenship these include one of the following; driver’s license, national ID, voter’s card, international passport, birth certificates and sworn declarations of age obtained prior to August 2014)

2. For new businesses, registration documents or proof to show that you have started the process of registration of Business Name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). For businesses in partnerships- you are required to come along with a partnership deed duly notarized by a commissioner of Oath to show ownership of majority shares by 51% and above.

3. For existing businesses; registration documents (including particulars of shareholders and directors where applicable or partnership deed duly notarized by a commissioner of Oath to show ownership of majority shares by 51% and above), evidence of previous annual report, cash flow such as bank statements, purchase orders, customer’s receipts or other evidence of previous transactions carried out within the last 6 months only.

*Please note that you must comply with instructions as described above as failure to do so will result in you not being validated.

Also note that you are responsible for all travel and lodging expenses for this meeting as there will be no reimbursements. Make every effort to attend this event because the validation and legal agreement signing are mandatory criteria that makes you eligible to receive the YouWiN! funds.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
7.30 am is steep.

Means lodging overnight in Abuja. Not every body can afford such business travels. An empowerment program should not deplete scarce personal resources.

It won't cost the organizers the world if they had 6 validating zones spread across the country... Valid thinking.

Wish concluding time was certain to determine flight back to lagos.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
You are invited to the validation process that determines your eligibility for the YouWiN! grant award and the signing of a Legal Agreement with the Federal Ministry of Finance scheduled to take place as follows:

Date: Thursday, October 23 2014
Venue: Phase 2 Auditorium, Federal Ministry of Finance, Ahmadu Bello Way, Abuja
Time: 7:30am

You are required to bring along with you the original and 1 photocopy of the following;

1. Your Government issued ID that confirms your identity, age and Nigerian citizenship these include one of the following; driver’s license, national ID, voter’s card, international passport, birth certificates and sworn declarations of age obtained prior to August 2014)

2. For new businesses, registration documents or proof to show that you have started the process of registration of Business Name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). For businesses in partnerships- you are required to come along with a partnership deed duly notarized by a commissioner of Oath to show ownership of majority shares by 51% and above.

3. For existing businesses; registration documents (including particulars of shareholders and directors where applicable or partnership deed duly notarized by a commissioner of Oath to show ownership of majority shares by 51% and above), evidence of previous annual report, cash flow such as bank statements, purchase orders, customer’s receipts or other evidence of previous transactions carried out within the last 6 months only.

*Please note that you must comply with instructions as described above as failure to do so will result in you not being validated.

Also note that you are responsible for all travel and lodging expenses for this meeting as there will be no reimbursements. Make every effort to attend this event because the validation and legal agreement signing are mandatory criteria that makes you eligible to receive the YouWiN! funds.

Note:
Participation in YouWiN! is FREE for all components of the program, and has not authorized any individual or organization to collect payments for participation. Candidates and awardees are advised to make no payments to anybody on account of YouWiN! participation and are required to immediately contact the secretariat should anyone request payment

Yours,

YouWiN Programme.

N.B:
Please note that this email is sent without prejudice to the prerogative
of the Federal Government of Nigeria to withdraw, terminate or modify the
YouWiN Programme at any time without notice to you

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Haven't seen any mail yet. Still waiting wink
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
Going to bed a beg. cool will check tomorrow
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
Denn:
7.30 am is steep.

Means lodging overnight in Abuja. Not every body can afford such business travels. An empowerment program should not deplete scarce personal resources.

It won't cost the organizers the world if they had 6 validating zones spread across the country... Valid thinking.

Wish concluding time was certain to determine flight back to lagos.
don't you have family or friends there?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
blink182:
don't you have family or friends there?

I do... It's work in lagos.

Was thinking of jumping in and out... Same day
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hello Guys

Please I need your help.

I have designed my website... Yes I did it myself.

I need inputs on its depth and quality.

The site is www.sherdenfarms.com

The only page not uploaded is the 'about us' and it's for a specific reason.

All comments welcome pls.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 5:18am On Oct 09, 2014
@Denn we are almost there... A little more sacrifice will not kill wink... Remember it is assumed that the awardees are unemployed.... Ministry of Finance is only in Abuja... Cheers
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 6:05am On Oct 09, 2014
chukwuka12:
@Denn we are almost there... A little more sacrifice will not kill wink... Remember it is assumed that the awardees are unemployed.... Ministry of Finance is only in Abuja... Cheers

Hehehehehe...

Unemployed, under employed and not satisfied with being a permanent employee seems similar to me.

You are right.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 09, 2014
Denn:

I do... It's work in lagos.

Was thinking of jumping in and out... Same day
then take the chance. The volatile stages are behind you.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 8:19am On Oct 09, 2014
Olsey:
YouWiN – Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria – is an innovative business plan competition, by the federal government of Nigeria, aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
The first round of the competition was awarded in 2011 with 1200 successful businesses.

Introducing YouWin 3!

The 2013 YouWIN Business competition (third edition) will be launched by the president on 25th November, 2013, for both men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria (between ages 18 and 40.)

Step 1: See Who is Eligible to Apply
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria

You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 40 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
You must have a post-secondary school qualification
Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
You must prepare an innovative business concept summary

You must choose to participate in one award pool. There are 6 regional pools on the basis of geo-political zone as identified by market in which you want to do business.

Step 2: See How to Apply
Register here. You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in. More on how to apply

Step 3: Complete New Business Application
Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side (the link will be visible once the competition is launched on 25th November 2013 ). You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it. You can submit only ONE application.
Stage-1 Deadline: January 21, 2014.

What next?
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition.
More Information: http://www.scholarship-nigeria.com/2013/08/youwin-business-competition-2013.html

Recognition to the creator of this thread...

May God create more success paths for you.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 09, 2014
Denn:

Thanks
Please can you mail me your number so we can chat on whatsapp
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2014
blink182:
Please can you mail me your number so we can chat on whatsapp

Done
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 9:05am On Oct 09, 2014
Denn:

Thanks

Nice one....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hexgear(m): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2014
This is just one of the great initiatives by the Federal Government to promote indigenous entrepreneurship. Even if the Government can't help alleviate Job scarcity, at least they can support local Business which would in turn create more Job opportunities for Nigerians. If you've got a good Business idea then you've got nothing to loose, you should give it a shot!

On the other hand, if your problem is getting your business recognized then check out http://Naibac.com they can offer you FREE Advertising on Social Media to help give your Business some exposure. Just visit http://Naibac.com and register, pick a category that best describes your profession and enter more details about your Business. You can also follow them on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/naibacloud
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jaydee87(m): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2014
pls is the program on now....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 09, 2014
hexgear:
[b]This is just one of the great initiatives [/b]by the Federal Government to promote indigenous entrepreneurship. Even if the Government can't help alleviate Job scarcity, at least they can support local Business which would in turn create more Job opportunities for Nigerians. If you've got a good Business idea then you've got nothing to loose, you should give it a shot!

On the other hand, if your problem is getting your business recognized then check out http://Naibac.com they can offer you FREE Advertising on Social Media to help give your Business some exposure. Just visit http://Naibac.com and register, pick a category that best describes your profession and enter more details about your Business. You can also follow them on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/naibacloud

Do you mean YOUWIN or what exactly are you referring too?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 09, 2014
Denn:

Done
Thanks man
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
I have not yet seen the email from you win. How many people have seen theirs I.e. invitation for validation and sign of legal docs
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
konos:
I have not yet seen the email from you win. How many people have seen theirs I.e. invitation for validation and sign of legal docs
check ur spam mesaages
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
favoryourl:

check ur spam mesaages
Please mail me your phone number so we can chat on whatsapp. Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
I have seen it. Tanks : : grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.