Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,309 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389687 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1997905/youwin-4th-edition-here#28120353

You are right, YOUWIN4 can visit the link above...
We can also check it out to support them...

I think that you should use your registered address on your CAC document if you have not gotten your business address yet. You can't put an Address u have not gotten yet. Your house address will be fine.....my thoughts oh...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
Yes! Those with issues regarding address should simply fill out the registered business address of the business or your home address. I repeat there is nothing unlawful about using your home address as your business address.

With time all of you will have a business address and the mentor will be free to visit your business address. Meanwhile do the needful now.

Cheers
NB: all youwin 4 applicants should please go to their thread! We will come over and help them there. Posting on this thread might help you but might not help others.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by TopeMel(f): 9:57am On Nov 21, 2014
Pls any YouWin 3 winner into photographic services(printing lab) and creche/pre-school?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by kaysy(m): 11:45am On Nov 21, 2014
xdream:

Are you kidding me?? Like we should just be sweating for your success?? Come on man! Don't you want to work at all??
If You had read my previous post just at the top here, i think there won't be need for this comment. As i speak to you now, am done completing the form and have successfully saved... waiting for someone who may post something different from what i have just for verification... i never asked u to suffer for me, the time used to post this would have been useful to answer one of the questions (if only) you have an answer to drop.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by strigger: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
kaysy:

If You had read my previous post just at the top here, i think there won't be need for this comment. As i speak to you now, am done completing the form and have successfully saved... waiting for someone who may post something different from what i have just for verification... i never asked u to suffer for me, the time used to post this would have been useful to answer one of the questions (if only) you have an answer to drop.
You really sound like a big boss already!
'Sir i'll give you all the answers to all your questions sooooooooooon! No submit oh!

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by kaysy(m): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
strigger:

You really sound like a big boss already!
'Sir i'll give you all the answers to all your questions sooooooooooon! No submit oh!

NOooo.. am not a boss Oooo... Just a normal being like every other

Give the Boss status to God
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by xdream(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
kaysy:

Excuses
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
With this survey, it means that its until decemeber (hopefully) that we may get our 1st trench.....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagwalawa: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
chukwuka12:
With this survey, it means that its until decemeber (hopefully) that we may get our 1st trench.....
I believe you.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagwalawa: 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
Am......house? Did anyone realised that the exchange rate is now 180 naira to a dollar? A whooping difference of 30 naira when compared to the time of our initial proposal.

It is well.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 6:42am On Nov 22, 2014
chukwuka12:

I reason with your permutation.

Deadline given is 27th of November for the submission. This implies that mentors should start contacting us from the next Monday at its earliest.

I reason that mentors would speak with us and give reports before disbursements. That should be the ideal thing. However, I don't know how it worked out in the last editions.

Then there is the issue of the boot camp.

All in all, payments can only come in by December at its earliest.

December is an expensive month to start business.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 6:51am On Nov 22, 2014
fagwalawa:
Am......house? Did anyone realised that the exchange rate is now 180 naira to a dollar? A whooping difference of 30 naira when compared to the time of our initial proposal.

It is well.

The Naira has depreciated by around 16% in the last 12 months.

In layman terms, this implies that your N10m youwin funds is now worth only N8.4M today.

Yes you will get the nominal amount of N10m but you can not buy stuffs that worth again.

In order to survive, we should all put on our thinking caps and ensure we reduce all unnecessary expenses in our plans.

Luxury should be postponed for now.

I can even project a further decline as the price of crude oil goes down further.

Our dependence on oil and Import craze is really affecting us.

Election is also around the corner and more money will be chasing few goods....

Guys, the austerity policy for the government affects all.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagwalawa: 7:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Thanks for the clarification Denn. You seem to have an educated perspective of the situation.
Though from different region, i am also into agro-production/processing. Looking forward to our future co-operation.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 10:34am On Nov 22, 2014
fagwalawa:

It is well.

The implication is, we should all have realized by now that the Biz Plan submitted to YouWin has become a Beta Version due to the already discouraging delay in disbursement, knowing that TIME is a resource never, ever to be joke with in Business.
So, I think we should have gone to work on our now Beta Version Biz Plan and by now have our Release Candidate (RC) with a number of components carrying question mark (?) which should be fully ready to be transformed into the Stable Version immediately after disbursement...... grin

Denn:

I reason that mentors would speak with us and give reports before disbursements. That should be the ideal thing. However, I don't know how it worked out in the last editions. Then there is the issue of the boot camp.

As much as I totally agree with you, I seriously think I deal things are better done in ideal times. If you ask me I'd say YouWin!3 has rolled into a not too ideal time. If YouWin SME Fund, Exhibition and Presidential Award can be merge, what stops mentoring issue, bootcamp, etc. to be edited to come after 1st Trench disbursement? Afterall, many people's 1st Trench wouldn't even be sufficient to fully commenced their business........just my thought.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
According to Youwin 1 and 2 awardees, tranche 1 is usually paid before monitors and mentors start work.

My take is there is absolutely no reason why monitors or mentors should make contacts with awardees without paying them tranche 1. On what basis are the monitoring or mentoring? What reports are they sending? For what? I am optimistic that Youwin will disburse before any mentoring or monitoring starts, as that is the trend.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by manya(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
you all should take into cognizance that youwin sec has changed its way of doing things, as they say they have right to do at any time. youwin3 is never like youwin1 nor youwin2.
my believe is, just about anything can happen. i even have strong believe that even the method of monitoring will be different as well as the kind of reports to be sent by monitors. youwin has really learned its lessons from 1 and 2 just the way awardees of 1 and 2 learned their lessons.
My simple advice is, if you have any awardee from 1 or 2, try to understand their mistakes with the view of avoiding them happening to you.
secondly, for those that have the thinking of buying luxury cars, building houses, marrying first or second wife, going to mecca, or even running away to Dubai or Malaysia with youwin money, they should please think twice because sec has set up all necessary steps to stop such occurrences. All these things i mentioned have happened in youwin1 and 2.
by the way, we youwin3 have no reason to make fatal mistakes as we have predecessors from whom we learned lessons.
Thanks to all.
just my opinion.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nice one, well said... This is a once in a life time opportunity and I think it will be folish to be thinking of luxury.... To enjoy this luxury... Simply dedicate all you have time and the Uwin grant, and BREAK EVEN... Den u can do what you want...

We must have the vision to expand our busines not just being satisfied by what the grant can do for us....
May God help us all...

Anything can actually happen..... Praying for God's favour.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
The Biggest issue facing us is the massive import dependence of our economy. Too many things are being imported which could be easily made in our country. Our people now prefer imported items rather than made in Naija and one clown was even proud to tell me the other day that he does not use "made in Naija " stuffs. I just looked at him and laughed! The same person came to complain that aboki was not selling dollars at 184/$1.

When you get to the market you see several rubbish being off loaded from china/asia arrival containers including Mopping sticks! I was ashamed that someone was importing Mopping sticks from China.
We the Youwin awardees can make a difference in our businesses by Buying made in Nigeria equipments, components and machines for our businesses where possible. Even some machines can be easily fabricated at FIIRO oshodi and they can compete with foreign ones too.

Let us incorporate the buying of "made in Naija" that is the only hope and future for us.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
For those who think Youwin Grant is "Settlement", I pity them because they are deluded. Youwin Grant should be the beginning of our business growth and success not the ceiling! Youwin awardees who got 10M should be running a 60M to 100M business in 3 years to 5 years. Likewise others who got lower grant ceilings! We should be looking to triple and quadruple our grants awards.

Another perspective I want to touch on is that your grant award is still intacts and of same value as the day you got it irrespective of the currency depreciation. There is a difference between currency depreciation and inflation. It is only inflation that will affect your money purchasing power not currency depreciation, though currency fluctuation do have economic effects. The last time I checked from the national bureau of statistics, inflation have not increased but still remain at 7 to 9%. So let's pray inflations does not jump to double digit in the coming year.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by hmbs(m): 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
so proud of you, future dangote and adenuga.one day,our success will vindicate GEJ.may God bless u.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by strigger: 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
i am happy to be associated with like minds in this forum. As some people are waiting for their 'national cake' my mind, spirit, soul and body eagerly awaits this God given miracle of my life that would enable me become one of the greats in my profession/buiness in Nigeria. So help me God!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
jeffmyson:
For those who think Youwin Grant is "Settlement", I pity them because they are deluded. Youwin Grant should be the beginning of our business growth and success not the ceiling! Youwin awardees who got 10M should be running a 60M to 100M business in 3 years to 5 years. Likewise others who got lower grant ceilings! We should be looking to triple and quadruple our grants awards.

Another perspective I want to touch on is that your grant awarded is still intacts and of same value as the day you got it irrespective of the currency depreciation. There is a difference between currency depreciation and inflation. It is only inflation that will affect your money purchasing power not currency depreciation, though currency fluctuation do have economic effects. The last time I checked from the national bureau of statistics, inflation have not increased but still remain at 7 to 9%. So let's pray inflations does not jump to double digit in the coming year.

I differ greatly with that part emboldened and it is simple logic.

I am to bring in equipment worth say $20,000.

Same amount at 165 NGN to 1USD is N3.3m. If we exchange at the current rate of around 180NGN to 1USD, that implies N3.6m. There is an increased cost of N300,000.

This is not talking about the average inflation in the macro economy.... It is about my own personal economy with a single fixed income of N10m. Nominal value might be constant but real value has declined... Sharply

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
Denn:

I reason with your permutation.

Deadline given is 27th of November for the submission. This implies that mentors should start contacting us from the next Monday at its earliest.

I reason that mentors would speak with us and give reports before disbursements. That should be the ideal thing. However, I don't know how it worked out in the last editions.

Then there is the issue of the boot camp.

All in all, payments can only come in by December at its earliest.

December is an expensive month to start business.

IN YOUWIN ONE WE WERE PAID BEFORE WE MET WITH OUR VARIOUS.
WHAT WILL THEY MENTOR WHEN U ARE NOT IN BUSINESS YET.
TO MY MIND GRANT WILL BE GIVEN BEFORE MENTORING.
ADDED TO IT, THE FACT THAT THE DEADLINE IS 27TH DOES NOT MEAN MENTORING START THEN. IT CLD BE DECEMBER .OR JANUARY
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2014
@denn, I agree with your point on how depreciation has affected your personal economy but that's because you choose to import! Depreciation is supposed to discourage imports and curb luxury lifestyle as price of imported commodities will rise beyond the reach of some people.

This will encourage people to buy local and engage in production locally and it will also spur exports as most commodity made locally will become competitive abroad.

My personal take as ever is that the CBN should allow the currency to depreciate further to 200- 220 naira/ dollars. Then people will start making mopping sticks in Nigeria rather than import them! The clothes made in Aba will become competitive and can even be exported for foreign currency. People will prefer to wear ankara made in Ibadan and keep lots of folks employed rather than suits made in Turkey!.

If you @ denn, you can choose to get a local subsidize for the equipments you wants to imports, Go to FIIRO, oshodi with a prototype design of what you want to import and believe they will make it at half the price. To grow at home we must think local and export abroad!. My take sha.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eazeefix: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2014
Do you guys remember this?

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eazeefix: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2014
ou @ denn, you can choose to get a local subsidize for the equipments you wants to imports, Go to FIIRO, oshodi with a prototype design of what you want to import and believe they will make it at half the price. To grow at home we must think local and export abroad!. My take sha.
Not all equipment can be copied and firro isn't as cheap as you think. I went there for fish smoking kiln made of bricks and metal and was given a quote of 400k I be engineer I just studied the thing and will dub it at my farm. My farm design is now hard wood based now to adjust to the falling rates.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by excelway(m): 10:16am On Nov 23, 2014
jeffmyson:
@denn, I agree with your point on how depreciation has affected your personal economy but that's because you choose to import! Depreciation is supposed to discourage imports and curb luxury lifestyle as price of imported commodities will rise beyond the reach of some people.

This will encourage people to buy local and engage in production locally and it will also spur exports as most commodity made locally will become competitive abroad.

My personal take as ever is that the CBN should allow the currency to depreciate further to 200- 220 naira/ dollars. Then people will start making mopping sticks in Nigeria rather than import them! The clothes made in Aba will become competitive and can even be exported for foreign currency. People will prefer to wear ankara made in Ibadan and keep lots of folks employed rather than suits made in Turkey!.

If you @ denn, you can choose to get a local subsidize for the equipments you wants to imports, Go to FIIRO, oshodi with a prototype design of what you want to import and believe they will make it at half the price. To grow at home we must think local and export abroad!. My take sha.
u forgot that the clothes made in Aba, the cotton used in making the ankara and the steel used in fabricating at FIIRO oshodi are all a function of the dollar cos the materials used in making them are all imported. Until we fix our house to have majority of what we use manufacturered here, our economy will constantly be affected by the dollar.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2014
jeffmyson:

lol...bros, you want USD at N220? you harsh small o....lol

Can FIIRO manufacture a complete tractor with 100% local content?

We import not only because we desire foreign goods, but because we have no choice. The phone or laptop used in making this posts are all imported...should we not be on the internet then?

If USD gets to N220, then the sellers will transfer the whole cost to you and i...

There is hardly any industry that is not dependent on an imported item....transferred costs lead to higher costs of living....

If you are not importing, you are buying from someone who imports.

We need to develop our local content but rome wasnt built in a day.

I think we all hope to grow our businesses to the level of active exports someday.

Proudly Nigerian too...

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagwalawa: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2014
Couldnā€˜t be more glad to be here on nairaland amidst such brilliant minds.

Just initiated contact with the relevant department at FIIRO. I hope i get a positive response.

Never heard of this FIIRO before.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by okeys112(m): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
#Up4Sale

Used White Samsung S4 Zoom

Are U Interested?!

Call 08063525691 or ping 28A1CCDE.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by xdream(m): 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
okeys112:
#Up4Sale

Used White Samsung S4 Zoom

Are U Interested?!

Call 08063525691 or ping 28A1CCDE.

When millionaires talk money, there's always a nigga that talks nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 12:29am On Nov 24, 2014
Ikandah:
I just came across this info and decided to share it with you, especially those with existing business. There is a grant advantage attached to the programme for excellent performance. www.nationalsmesummit.org The sky is our limit!

sorry I'm updating this late, I have been busy, I applied for this wen oga ikandah posted it and got selected, the summit is tomorrow, anybody else coming?

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.