Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? (1677 Views)

Nigerians Why The Tribalism? / What Is The Secret Of Nigerians Why They Are The Happiest Man On Earth?: / Nigerians Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by somalia11: 1:45am On Aug 05, 2013
why?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 05, 2013
somalia11: why?

I am not nigerian an d I can tell u that Nigerians don't eat monkeys. In fact I don't know any west Africans that eat monkey. Hungry somali

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by somalia11: 3:07am On Aug 05, 2013
Kingmojo:

I am not nigerian an d I can tell u that Nigerians don't eat monkeys. In fact I don't know any west Africans that eat monkey. Hungry somali

Hunters and bushmeat retailers in Bendel State, Nigeria were interviewed from May through August 1982. Hunting was found to take place in all months of the year, but became more intense during the dry season. Twentyseven species of mammal were reported to be hunted, while 22 species of mammal and five species of reptile were found on sale. Retailers reported that the grasscutter (Thryonomys swinderianus) was the most popular species among their customers, followed by Maxwell's duiker, the brushtailed porcupine, and the bushpig. The grasscutter was also the most widely sold species, followed by the giant rat, monkeys, and Maxwell's duiker. Game animals were found to be shot and sold with little regard to existing laws, with the result that the larger mammals have become rare in Bendel and populations of the smaller ones have come under severe pressure. The bushmeat trade is highly commercialized, and substantial profits accrue to middlemen. Recommendations are made for the conservation of a natural resource, wildlife, that not only provides a significant amount of animal protein but also supports a large rural economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by sambos994(m): 5:37am On Aug 05, 2013
Nna eh, this boy will never learn... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by somalia11: 6:50am On Aug 05, 2013
sambos994: Nna eh, this boy will never learn... undecided undecided undecided

my black brother, from another mother (obviously), lets sign a peace treaty.

give me your finest female here and i shall take her as my concubine, i will accept her even with a hair hat, but she most not be built like a man, as i am a skinny man.
Re: Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by tyson55(m): 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
somalia11:

my black brother, from another mother (obviously), lets sign a peace treaty.

give me your finest female here and i shall take her as my concubine, i will accept her even with a hair hat, but she most not be built like a man, as i am a skinny man.

Are you really this stûpid or you create all this nonsensical thread just to rile people up?

You come across as imbecilic and mentally deranged nincompoop, you need to be locked up for good.
Re: Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by somalia11: 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
tyson55:

Are you really this stûpid or you create all this nonsensical thread just to rile people up?

You come across as imbecilic and mentally deranged nincompoop, you need to be locked up for good.

nigga plz
Re: Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
I live in Nigeria all my life,i never see anyone eat monky,i only hear of it.
Re: Nigerians Why You Eat Monkeys? by somalia11: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: I live in Nigeria all my life,i never see anyone eat monky,i only hear of it.

well every year, hundreds are caught brining in dead monkeys to sell in the usa alone.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Went From This To This(pics) / UK Expats Learn Nigerian (Igbo) Culture For Husbands' Sake / What Do Nigerians Really Think About American Black People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.