Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,502 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC (30908 Views)

Marketers Give Conditions For Exposing Those Behind Fuel Scarcity / Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by free2ryhme: 4:26am On Aug 05, 2013
Barely five days after its registration, the All Progressives Congress (APC) is getting offers from some governors and members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and others who want to join the new party.

The Progressive Governors, who are mostly members of the APC, will meet on August 13 in Lafia, Nasarawa State on how to open talks with their colleagues who are interested in coming over to the new party.

The APC governors will also use the Lafia meeting to design plans for the Anambra governorship election, mass registration of new members and mobilisation of Nigerians for what the party stands for.

But, preparatory to the session of the governors, the Interim National Executive Committee of APC will meet on Tuesday on the registration of the party by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the challenges ahead.

The party has, however, sought INEC’s nod to retain its Interim Committee for six months to enable it stabilise.

According to sources, some PDP governors and members of the National Assembly have approached the APC for some partnership and political collaboration, including joining the new party.

It was gathered that the governors and National Assembly members believe that APC can offer more to Nigerians.

It was learnt that the potential members of APC have tabled some terms which the Progressive Governors Forum will look into alongside the Interim National Executive Committee.

The terms were not immediately known last night.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “Having secured registration, the battle ahead has started in earnest. We have a job to unveil what APC means to the people and how Nigerians can buy into it.

“The Progressive Governors Forum or APC governors will meet after Sallah on August 13 in Lafia, Nasarawa State on mobilisation and registration of members.

“The Forum will also look at plans by some governors and National Assembly members from PDP and political leaders from other parties, who have opened talks on how to join APC.

“The Forum will later pass its recommendations to the party leadership for more input and implementation.

“We will certainly use the meeting to design a roadmap for the party because time is no longer on our side. We need mass registration of members. We have to mobilise Nigerians on our mission to salvage the nation’s democracy and economy.

“We are according the Anambra State governorship election a priority, the Forum will discuss it.”

APC leaders and governors are expected to come up with suggestions the constitution of a full-fledged National Executive Committee. APC has asked INEC to allow its Interim Committee to be in place for six months to stabilise the new party.

“But the party leaders are tinkering with the idea of having APC’s statutory NEC in place after three months,” the source said.

Meanwhile, there were indications that the Interim NEC will meet on Tuesday.

Another source said: “The officers of the party will meet on Tuesday in Abuja for a post-registration session and the way forward.

“The committee’s session will review the registration of the party by the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) and the challenges ahead.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/pdp-governors-lawmakers-give-conditions-to-join-apc/
Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by tatosh: 4:55am On Aug 05, 2013
I urge them to beware of those PDP members who don't even know the meaning of the word progressives and what it stands for, those blockheads that have refused to let the nation move forward for donkey years.
I'm so positve APC will unseat PDP, the quality of politicians from both sides is not comparable

25 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by nafiachi(m): 5:10am On Aug 05, 2013
I think the Apc would definately contain bad eggs, what is most important is for them to have a people oriented party ideology and stick to it, that way any member deviating can be easily identified and called to order.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by CyberG: 5:15am On Aug 05, 2013
tatosh: I urge them to beware of those PDP members who don't even know the meaning of the word progressives and what it stands for, those blockheads that have refused to let the nation move forward for donkey years.
I'm so positve APC will unseat PDP, the quality of politicians from both sides is not comparable

I think you have a point on the quality angle but another thing to look at is the QUALITY OF RESULTS produced by both parties till date and their leadership. The APC core leadership (ACN and Buhari really) has been under covert assault of the PDP for a long time. In spite of that the ACN after PDP divided it in 2003 went back to the drawing board and rebuilt an even more successful and formidable party not rivalled in any other part of Nigeria. The ACN controlled states especially in the SW are doing far better as a group than any PDP combinations. You can slice and dice it anyway but the leadership of the parties speak to the results we are seeing! If the APC can maintain or in fact continuously raise its standards better than yesterday, there is no way PDP will not collapse. If more Nigerians objectively want more progress for themselves, they will naturally gravitate to where results are coming from. Leading a people and administration is a talent, training and a lot of intelligence, as the GEJ government and minions demonstrate their in incompetence, it is just a matter of time before more people jump out of the sinking ship or get out of the leaking umbrella.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 05, 2013
When will our people get it..... angry angry angry angry all we will have is recycled bad eggs in new painted easter eggs....they are all the same....Look at Egypt after the arab spring did anything change....there is a conspiracy in this world.....things will only get worse.....the super rich are the real rulers of all nations.....someone ones said give me the money supply of any nation and i dont care who makes the laws...............wise up APC....PDP....AD keep changing their names change will only be a personal thing not a national thing......Our Lord Jesus said in the last days things will get worse but cheer up for i have overcome the world.....the only change i believe in is the change the Lord Jesus talked about so i dont register to vote nor do i vote..... wink wink wink

12 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by deandavid(m): 6:16am On Aug 05, 2013
ok i can help state some conditions.
1. any PDP member coming to join, will not hold or contest any political office until after 10 years.

2. Intending PDP members who want to join the progressive must undergo psycho-mental test for admission

3. they must be schooled on the meaning and essence of key terms in democracy

4. they should be made to deposit 10 billion naira as collateral/asset in the party

progressives on this forum can add their terms

7 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by free2ryhme: 6:26am On Aug 05, 2013
these pdp people are really political prostitutes. those political ideas they think they can offer nigerians from apc, why wont they apply the same ideas from pdp.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by dridowu: 6:39am On Aug 05, 2013
Most of our politician are prostitute in politics, jumping from one party to other,
PDP-ACN-CPC-LP-FDP-APC-NDP-PPA-ACPN.........................they are just recycling themselves
I think the best is just to vote for a credible candidate in upcoming elections

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by texaco1: 6:49am On Aug 05, 2013
They are opportunists who know that they may not get a return ticket to their present positions under the pdp.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Madawaki01(m): 7:08am On Aug 05, 2013
the end result of APC=ANOTHER PDP..just a change of name.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by supersonic(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2013
The APC should vividly remember what former PDP national vice chairman:Shuaib Adedokun did by playing AC before coming out openly to say he knows their strenght and weakness and that pdp is gonna use that against them during 2007 election. In actual sense,they did,it is only God that help the likes of Aregbesola and Fayemi before they could claim back their mandates. APC should think twice before accepting anybody from the PDP.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by omenka(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2013
APC should be wary of these turncoats. Remember what happened in 2003 when only lagos survived.
Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Maxymilliano(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2013
Asa mbe'eyele sere ... Lol.

Guess these are PDP governors and lawmakers that are redundant with no visible political structures to further their interest in their respective States.

Current crisis rocking PDP will be a child's play at APC when election is around the corner and push comes to shove, the telltale sign is glaring.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Meritbaba(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2013
vire: When will our people get it..... angry angry angry angry all we will have is recycled bad eggs in new painted easter eggs....they are all the same....Look at Egypt after the arab spring did anything change....there is a conspiracy in this world.....things will only get worse.....the super rich are the real rulers of all nations.....someone ones said give me the money supply of any nation and i dont care who makes the laws...............wise up APC....PDP....AD keep changing their names change will only be a personal thing not a national thing......Our Lord Jesus said in the last days things will get worse but cheer up for i have overcome the world.....the only change i believe in is the change the Lord Jesus talked about so i dont register to vote nor do i vote..... wink wink wink
Will you give us a chance for change please? PDP has been ruling for the past 14 yrs, Lets give another party a chance too then we can come into conclusion that they are the same

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by talkmarkay(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2013
vire: When will our people get it..... angry angry angry angry all we will have is recycled bad eggs in new painted easter eggs....they are all the same....Look at Egypt after the arab spring did anything change....there is a conspiracy in this world.....things will only get worse.....the super rich are the real rulers of all nations.....someone ones said give me the money supply of any nation and i dont care who makes the laws...............wise up APC....PDP....AD keep changing their names change will only be a personal thing not a national thing......Our Lord Jesus said in the last days things will get worse but cheer up for i have overcome the world.....the only change i believe in is the change the Lord Jesus talked about so i dont register to vote nor do i vote..... wink wink wink
Another PDP agent. plsssss keep your sermon to yourself.

We are ready for changes

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by princesammmy: 11:49am On Aug 05, 2013
Americans cried for change and Where decieved by the word change. but Just a year later when they thought they have gotten the change things moved from bad to worse. so all these parties and politician are all thesame
Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2013
^^^^^ meaning?
Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by kelvincoll(m): 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
dridowu: Most of our politician are prostitute in politics, jumping from one party to other,
PDP-ACN-CPC-LP-FDP-APC-NDP-PPA-ACPN.........................they are just recycling themselves
I think the best is just to vote for a credible candidate in upcoming elections

I'm so impressed wink

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by pullyacap: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
Nigerians shd be wary of PDP scaremongers who would rather we continue the way we have always done yet expecting a different result

APC represents vibrancy and freshness of idea

As for those coming from PDP,the promoters of APC knows how to handle them...there is always the period of reorientation and close monitoring

Just like someone said we need to give APC chance before we can conclude they are the same with PDP....ACN on regaining political power from d PDP in Ogun,Osun,Ekiti and Oyo have not left any1 in doubt of their capabilities

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by mojounited(m): 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
According to sources, some PDP governors and members of the National Assembly have approached the APC for some partnership and political collaboration, including joining the new party.

It was gathered that the governors and National Assembly members believe that APC can offer more to Nigerians.

It was learnt that the potential members of APC have tabled some terms which the Progressive Governors Forum will look into alongside the Interim National Executive Committee.

The terms were not immediately known last night.

And I stopped reading from here... #yawns

5 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
I lose hope
Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by BrightCar: 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
OLD FOLKS. NO NEW VISION. NO NEW MISSION. NO NEW IDEA, SAME OLD.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by CyberG: 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
omenka: APC should be wary of these turncoats. Remember what happened in 2003 when only lagos survived.

Well, in 2003 Obj was leading the PDP and using his influence, cunningness, smartness and perhaps a bit of affinity and rapport with the people, he pulled the rug under the AC in the SW. That can hardly happen again! GEJ does not possess the leadership, intelligence, connections, rapport, command goodwill, etc like Obasanjo. The APC may play politics that leads to them increasing their shareholding in Nigeria but never at the expense of its home base, which if off the table, not available for negotiation or usurpation by PDP thieves!

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by MrAboki: 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
[size=18pt]Isaiah 54:15
Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

[/size]

6 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Bizibi(m): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
All politicians are the same whether it apc or pdp,the only thing that differentiate them is just the name of the political party they are politickin in

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
angry
Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by moodswing(m): 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
Lol

The "word" PROGRESSIVE has suffered. Imagine a moderate jihadist like Buhari and the most sophisticated area father (political bully) of our time in the person of Tinubu, parading themselves shamelessly as "PROGRESSIVES" and "DEMOCRATS". embarassed embarassed embarassed

For your information, you rejoicing dullards. Buhari truncated democracy when he overthrew Shagari. And therefore has no moral standing to dine among "TRUE" democrats. He's surely dining with men of his likes and not democrats as we are meant to believe.

Progressive has been rascalized by Tinubu and his cohorts, then redefined to mean anything other than the true meaning of the word.

APC, ACN, CPC and others does not represent progressive political ideology, but they are Pro-aggressive political movement of "STRANGE-BED FELLOWS".

True democrats and progressives, form political alliances with people/parties who share similar political ideology as them, and not with people of same political malicious intents.

All they want is power. Power not to do good, but power to fulfil their devilish desires. God Forbid!.

Meanwhile the topic is an awfully crafted propaganda that didnt score.

QUOTE: APC is not a political marriage of convenience, but a marriage conceived on the alter of men with no principle and false sense of direction .The self-acclaimed "mega" opposition party is already dead on arrival.

26 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
Every-time na so we de hear they want to join but they never join rather we hear 2000ACN members in oyo decamps to PDP, when are the pdp members leaving PDP for APC? Dreamers. No PDP man wey de chop from pdp go leave the party for apc

4 Likes

Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by yiboboy: 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
Dem wan port ooooh!
Dem wan port ooooh! X 2ce

Wey saka make hin come complete am! cheesy
Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
bringing PDP is like a new bottle, same wine.same old recycled politicians.
Re: PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC by laksides: 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
Please how can i post a pics here cos i have some live picture showing live mermaid @ ilorin poly on sat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? / Pandora Papers Implicate Peter Obi, Nine Other Nigerians / Photos: Thousands Shred Pdp Membership Cards As Benue Apc Receive Decampees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.