Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,266 members, 7,867,705 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Domain Name Business - Business (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (86124 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
thanks

oladayo042: I'm sure you understood what "Bido price" meant before setting it. You can choose not to go on with the sale at the risk of getting your account closed. When you choosed to list your domain for auction, you agreed that you will abide by auction rules. Not going on now will be a violation of those rules. If you click the "Recent Sales" tab on Bido homepage, you'll find your domain there. Not selling will make them look stupid and will reduce buyers' trust in their marketplace. This is why all marketplaces frown against uncommitted buyers/sellers.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
oladayo042: I'm sure you understood what "Bido price" meant before setting it. You can choose not to go on with the sale at the risk of getting your account closed. When you choosed to list your domain for auction, you agreed that you will abide by auction rules. Not going on now will be a violation of those rules. If you click the "Recent Sales" tab on Bido homepage, you'll find your domain there. Not selling will make them look stupid and will reduce buyers' trust in their marketplace. This is why all marketplaces frown against uncommitted buyers/sellers.

@ Oladayo, can you please explain or define: BIN Price in Auction?

My own understanding about BIN PRICE means: It is the least amount of money you will accept to sell an item. It also by passes the auction process if someone agrees to that price.
Re: Domain Name Business by never2late: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

My own understanding about BIN PRICE means: It is the least amount of money you will accept to sell an item. It also by passes the auction process if someone agrees to that price.

BIN Price simply mean BUY IT NOW.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
never2late:

BIN Price simply mean BUY IT NOW.

Good! Does that mean it does not also mean: It is the least amount of money you will accept to sell an item ?
Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
I am not selling, i rather close my account with Bido, if i dn't get a better offer i will just develop it and use it for my business
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Every part of your post except the bold is correct. Buy it now (BIN) price is for anybody who want to buy without waiting for the auction to end.

What you have in bold is the Bido price (or reserve price). If the highest bid for your domain is higher than the Bido price, good for you; if the highest bid is lower than the Bido price, you can choose either to sell to the highest bidder or walk away.

However, if your Bido price has been met, you are obligated to sell at that price, since "the least amount you will sell it for" has already been offered by somebody.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
oladayo042: Every part of your post except the bold is correct. Buy it now (BIN) price is for anybody who want to buy without waiting for the auction to end.

What you have in bold is the Bido price (or reserve price). If the highest bid for your domain is higher than the Bido price, good for you; if the highest bid is lower than the Bido price, you can choose either to sell to the highest bidder or walk away.

However, if your Bido price has been met, you are obligated to sell at that price, since "the least amount you will sell it for" has already been offered by somebody.

I hear u
Re: Domain Name Business by wisyno(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
samee72: I am not selling, i rather close my account with Bido, if i dn't get a better offer i will just develop it and use it for my business

I understand how u feel but you have to sell it. If you refuse to sell when the reserve price, which you willingly set before the auction has been met by a buyer, you will simply be sending a wrong signal to bido about Nigerians. They may see your action as dishonest/fraudulent and this could make them to stop accepting Nigerians into platform. I appeal to you to not jeopardize the future opportunities of other upcoming Nigerian domainers. Just sell and take it as a learning experience. As Oladayo mentioned, u ticked the 'I agree' box when you were signing up with them. Pls abide by their rules for the sake of our nation's reputation.

3 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
wisyno:

I understand how u feel but you have to sell it. If you refuse to sell when the reserve price, which you willingly set before the auction has been met by a buyer, you will simply be sending a wrong signal to bido about Nigerians. They may see your action as dishonest/fraudulent and this could make them to stop accepting Nigerians into platform. I appeal to you to not jeopardize the future opportunities of other upcoming Nigerian domainers. Just sell and take it as a learning experience. As Oladayo mentioned, u ticked the 'I agree' box when you were signing up with them. Pls abide by their rules for the sake of our nation's reputation.

Can u sell all your domains for $1, pls i will pay right now? grin

It is optional to sell or not! How can u just say she should sell a domain for the price that does not acceptable to her, even though she mistakenly set the price there and got to know the meaning of the bido price later. Haba.... if na ur own u go sell am? Even if u go sell am, fingers are not equal na grin
Re: Domain Name Business by wisyno(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

It is optional to sell or not! How can u just say she should sell a domain for the price that does not acceptable to her, even though she mistakenly set the price there and got to know the meaning of the bido price later. Haba.... if na ur own u go sell am? Even if u go sell am, fingers are not equal na grin

If my wrong action has the potential of spoiling the road for my countrymen coming behind, I would avoid such action even at great personal loss to me. That is why we shld always read properly and understand any official or business document before we sign. Ignorance is no excuse in the court of law. My sister, Samee72 pls sell it. God has a much bigger sale ahead for you.

3 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
samee72: I am not selling, i rather close my account with Bido, if i dn't get a better offer i will just develop it and use it for my business

My advice is to sell it. You listed it for auction and you have an avenue to continue selling there. You don't want to be blacklisted. Remember the domain is as good as someone is willing to pay for it. embarassed
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2013

Please sell okay? The domain is not worth a bad reputation, epecially to the other countries. Let people know you can keep to your side of a deal. Please keep us updated. Thanx. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Smh...

Just re-read what you wrote. I wish una good luck sha.
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
ok no qualms will sell it only to avoid getting a bad reputation, but still waiting for the guy to make payments

wisyno:

If my wrong action has the potential of spoiling the road for my countrymen coming behind, I would avoid such action even at great personal loss to me. That is why we shld always read properly and understand any official or business document before we sign. Ignorance is no excuse in the court of law. My sister, Samee72 pls sell it. God has a much bigger sale ahead for you.

3 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
samee72: ok no qualms will sell it only to avoid getting a bad reputation, but still waiting for the guy to make payments
1000+ Likes

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by mobiss(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
Housemates, av been researching on Nigeria Paypal Acct verification on Google and NL,but, am not dt convince wt different reports and write up about IP and VPN stuffs and clearing of cache,therefore,is there any other means of collecting my hard-earned money online? as i don't want to loose any of my cash to paypal. So my Q's:
1- Is payzaa reliable? If no,what other means can someone use to collect his/her money? Leave Paypal out of it smiley
2- If u've used or using paypal,to you, can u prove Nigeria paypal's verification originality to me?
THANKS
Re: Domain Name Business by mobiss(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
@oladayo04 AND mikelreal,kindly pls send me ur yahoo mail,will like to add u up. thanks
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
2sexy.us:
Smh...

Just re-read what you wrote. I wish una good luck sha.

SMH ITK, u don start abi
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
samee72: ok no qualms will sell it only to avoid getting a bad reputation, but still waiting for the guy to make payments

@ Samee72, my Ogas at the top have concluded you should sell it up. More sales ahead of you!

Goodluck
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
GTFOH!!! angry
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

SMH ITK, u don start abi

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
Rick Schwartz turned down $150k for 899.com shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Rick Schwartz turned down $150k for 899.com shocked shocked shocked
Rick is crazy, you know. He's always fixated on the long run. If I get such a deal (pipe dream?) I will retire from domaining and invest in the real world.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
oladayo042: Rick is crazy, you know. He's always fixated on the long run. If I get such a deal (pipe dream?) I will retire from domaining and invest in the real world.

U're on point
Re: Domain Name Business by wisyno(m): 2:20am On Sep 21, 2013
899.com? That means guys gat try register some number domains o grin grin. You might just get LUCKY.
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2013
wisyno: 899.com? That means guys gat try register some number domains o grin grin. You might just get LUCKY.
The downside to registering number domains is that there are no clear-cut end users. A large proportion of the demand for numbers domain is coming from China (I don't know why the love it). 114 .com sold for $2.1 million.

Anyway, just like the LLLLs, I'm not sure if you can get any NNNN for regfee. They have all been registered and anything above NNNN will be a hard sell IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2013
Chibenze is serving a ban and he asked me to post this on his behalf.

www.bido.com/profile/benezer/domains

The above is a link to Chibenze's domains on Bido. You can visit the link to vote on his domains. Thank you.
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 11:37am On Sep 21, 2013
oladayo042: Rick is crazy, you know. He's always fixated on the long run. If I get such a deal (pipe dream?) I will retire from domaining and invest in the real world.

it's not a pipe dream, bro. You can do it. All you have to do is position yourself. It's all about position and the opportunity will come.

Imagine if that 25k deal had clicked for me, would it be a pipe dream? Nope! I simply positioned myself and waited for it to come.

See what Rick says in the end of his article

http://www.ricksblog.com/2013/09/perfect-storm-domaining/

Re-read this again and again...

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2013
embarassed lemme start by apologizin for my previous comments, It wasnt frm me,(as in me mike) I've bn seriously ill for d past 1 week,stil at d hosp(on drip) my head is stil not clear, just needed tu take some time off..it was yestdae i got myself a lil bit n realised all d crap ve said(am srry) I quickly pm 2sexy n Xsay,cudnt get2 @dotcom.
anyways me is sorry, i.e if i offended anybdy.
LATER.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
It took me 18 years to sell 4 domains into the 7 figures. Let me make a very bold prediction. I will sell four 7 figure domains in the next 18 months. That will be because of things accelerating. I know at least 2 or 3 of them are ripe right now for the pickin' and 2013 is not over by a longshot. There will be more 7 figure deals still to come this year than the previous 3 or 4 put together. Let's just say an "Avalanche" of deals.

Rick.

Good Lesson
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2013
Re: Domain Name Business by suxes2005(m): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
Dunno if its been discussed earlier but do anyone here
deal in expired domain?

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (106) (Reply)

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.