Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving (26904 Views)

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Advice Nigerians On Sunday Service(screenshots) / Ayo Fayose 55th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Ekiti (Photos) / Notable Nigerian Heroes We All Need To Emulate As Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Eduvine(m): 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
The fact that ibori has a criminal record dosen't mean dat he is worst than devil.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by joe4christ(m): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
He just brought shame to the christian religion but not the body of christ...

Bottomline, his days are numbered!
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by mjames: 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
sell out pastors
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by tjado: 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
Acidosis: Well,

Let me quote a popular saying on Nairaland Religious/Celebrities/Romance/Family sections.. cool

Meaning, if you know you've stolen a piece of meat before from your mama's pot, you have no right to question anyone that steals N100billion from your country's account.

If you have a gf, then you have no right to question a Nigerian slut that r a p ed a South African guy on a reality show..

If you know you once killed a ANT, then you should smile when a hired killer points a rifle at your skull.. cool

Thats the law of gullible and bigoted nairalanders... cool

So who are we to judge Thief Ibori and the most reverend Papa, the Man of God? We are not God, y'all know..¿

What rubbish, how does stealing meat from your mothers pot relate to stealing billions?
Not saying it is right but stealing meat from your mothers pot does not affect millions of nigerians. the fact that you can support such fraud should send warning flares to you... as for your other points "shrugs"
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by BinghiNya(m): 3:35am On Aug 07, 2013
Like adeboye like him, adeboye once prayed for ibori and he bleeped delta badly
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by lastpage: 4:25am On Aug 07, 2013
lozanni: Nigeria is a country of absurdities angry

There is total absence of shame in our daily conduct.

I am beginning to think we, as a people, do not have a conscience, which is almost like saying we are near or complete animals with no morals. Really like animals, we depend only on our instinct to survive, thats why we can hail a rogue as a saviour, as long as he he helps us to achieve our basic needs of food, clothing and shelter.
Well put.

nedu2000: A country that celebrates ibori,alams,bode george ,confirmed criminals can't move forward

Add Al Mustapha to that list ....and you get what we are saying!

Really, somthing is wrong with the psyche of we Nigerians.
Just listen to that shameless Man of Gawd DEVIL?

Lastpage!
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by daveemuobo(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2013
A thief who has no opportunity to steal considers himself
a saint !..word ...
Rev Iweh used to speak for the masses ..how money changes people

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by mko2005: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2013
oses4u: but let me ask u dis question. T[b]he philanthropic life he lived was he actually using his hard earned money? [/b]Do u knw dat he has been living on stolen money since his youthful life @ about 13yrs? Pls u don't steal masses money to help. A typical nigeria politician will steal billions and help masses with thousands. SHAME on dos dat support dis pastor's ignorance. U need to be educated
There are some politicians who steal 'masses money'yet they don't help anyone ! No one is saying Ibori is a saint but i think the pastor intends to tell the people there present to help those in need no matter what !

God help us
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by mko2005: 8:48am On Aug 07, 2013
I no know book:
Are you guys commenting because you wanted to comment or are you giving constructive criticisms of the pastor's exhortations?. Having gone through most of the comments here, I came to the conclusion that most comments here were made just for the purposes of making a comment, and that constructive comments were never intended. I refuse to join the band wagon. Personally, and looking at the pastor's comment from an objective point of view, there was nothing wrong whatsoever with his exhortations. Perhaps, many failed to actually read what the pastor said, I did not. He never told any of the congregants to emulate avarice or to be corrupt whenever they found themselves in power, rather, he exhorted them to imbibe one of the virtues found in the gospel, to wit, helping others when position to do so. He may have believed that Ibori, despite all his wrong doings, actually helped people when he was in power. What is wrong with that? Ibori, despite our various perceptions of him, actually did some good. There was nothing wrong with the pastor highlighting those good deeds of his, after all, we read in the bible of how the angels of God made a promise not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if one righteous person was found in it.

Please, let the pastor be. He did what he could as a man of God under the circumstance. He asked the congregation to go and do good!
Thank you bro ! After going through ur post i discovered that u are d exact opposite of ur handle.You know book well well!
If u get a hold of the full speech,u will discover that the pastor even asked those present at the gathering not to engage in corrupt practices in other not to attract the wrath of the law ! But the op will not capture that becos he wanted just the negatives to attract trafic and probably make the front page.

God help us all
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by sovpounds(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2013
Sincere Bigot: we are finished!!

WORD.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by LibertyRep: 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nigerians and sensational news.
Must you throw the baby away with the bath water? Guilty as Ibori may be, the pastor only advised the congregation to emulate the good part of him.
I see no justification for the birthday service in the house of God though.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by antartica(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nigerians concept of heroism is their tribesmen/women ability to steal plentifully from the public coffers scotfree.A local government chairperson that may not have a motorcycle before he/she is elected will boast of mansions and fleets of exotic cars just a year into the office and nobody will care to know how the wealth came about.Nigerians only worship money and power,no matter how crooked and foo.lish the rich person maybe,as long as he gives them pittance intermitently,they are ever ready to sing praises.

When i saw the write up of the white south african about the blacks in south africa,i didn't think much about the blacks in south africa,rather my mind went straight to nigerian situation because everything he mentioned is what is happening in nigeria.There are no set rules in nigeria,no precedences and no common sense.Nothing works and the people are so use to chaos to the extent that they think that doing things right is being fooilish.Everybody is a thief.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Akiika: 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Mumu kingdom!
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by taiwobr: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
am sure they will take aso ebi,just as they did for bode george when he came out of kirikiri,shameless set of people
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by coputa(m): 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
If ibori can be celebrated even when he is in jail by Deltans shows that he was highly appreciated and recognised by all stakeholders in the state......Ibori left a landmark development initiative in the state...it was this template that attracted Deltans to oghara to pray for his early rekease....shame to Obj/gej and their imperialist masters.,
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by kinguwem: 9:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
emmysenior: All these useless pastors tarnishing the image of christianity. Woe betide thee all.
Ibori is a convicted criminal serving jail term in Britain. In Nigeria he was acquitted & disharged by a high court. Now a pastor has asked us to emulate a criminal. The pastor is interested in tithes & offerings,

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by mcmaurice20(m): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2013
Am not surprise, this is a typical Nigerian society...they have sectionalised sin...what is the diference between this pastor and a gay, corupt politician, a robber, kidnapper...only that he perform his with style cry
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Sability(m): 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2013
I do not have problem with anybody celebrating criminals o! ,but when a so called man of god begin to fool himself gives real concern. Shame on that pastor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy / Steer Clear Of Idoma Community – Biafra Agitators Warned / HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.