Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving (26905 Views)

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Advice Nigerians On Sunday Service(screenshots) / Ayo Fayose 55th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Ekiti (Photos) / Notable Nigerian Heroes We All Need To Emulate As Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by antartica(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
The pastors and elders that took part in such an abominable act of honouring a traitor should be flogged publicly.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by judedwriter(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
Zombie, zombie, zombie- when we c 2 much money, we act as zombies without thinking correctly. Even a PASTOR is displaying zombie because of money 2 d shame of d gospel.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Youngzedd(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Ibori may be a thief but i think this 'man of God'sure want's the people to assist the needy and also give support to the handicapped as it was one of the good sides of James Ibori the thief ! We all have our weak sides but we sure have strengths !
Positive news does not sell like the negatives ! Contextually speaking,'the man of God' may not have said Ibori is a good man worthy of emulation but that men should imitate the good side of Ibori which is arms giving and helping the less privileges placing them in advantageous positions !
'WHO ARE MY TO JUDGE ! lipsrsealed

GOD HELP US

The man or pastor want to use this opportunity to milk some cash from the family.
He knew what He said, had it been He said something against the criminal, what do you think will happen. I tell you the offering box will be empty. OPPORTUNITY COMES BUT ONCE shouldn't be use in the house of the most high.

A pastor that can't stand by the truth is a disgrace to Christianity.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by politicalpastor: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
WHAT A SHAME, THIS IS VERY FUNNY. CELEBRATING A CRIMINAL IN JAIL WHILE IN PRISON. NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE.
All Round Gist: I wonder why Nigerians continue to celebrate 'lootocracy'. They honour looters, terrorists, militants, assassins etc. Uhm...only Nigerians can make a mad man look sane and make a sane man look mad. If he were to be a common criminal, no one would want to associate with him, but now that he is a rich criminal, everyone want to be recognized with him. Nigeria my beloved country! The land where mad men direct traffic and the supposedly sane people follow obediently....Is there really any hope for this country?

On Sunday 4th August 2013, the people of Oghara in Delta State celebrated their former governor in grand style on his 55th birthday. Although, the ex governor, James Onanefe Ibori, is currently serving his jail terms in a London prison for fraud, his admirers and political associates gathered to celebrate him. The celebration started with a Thanksgiving service at the Baptist Church, where the pastor, Rev Iweh Godspower, challenged the congregation to emulate Ibori.

While the Rev was preaching, he asked:

"What is that aspect of ibori's personality that could attract such mammoth crowd which filled the church and overflows outside?"

He answered his own question by saying:

"It is given that Ibori is a huge success, but that is not why all of you have left your homes and different towns to be in Oghara today; even though the man you have come to celebrate may never know the individuals that have come to do him honour. You have come to Ogahara today because Ibori is a man who after climbing high in the social, political and economical ladders of Nigeria, he did not seize and throw away the ladders in the way most Nigerian big men usually do; he made the ladder available for others to climb up too. And even when some people are too weak to make good use of that ladder, he helped pull them up. That is why you are here today. Never forget that and you go and do likewise; help others to climb up the ladders of life and love." The crowd applauded him and others bellowed Ibori's nickname "Odidigborigbo of Africa."

The three days celebration ends today with a topflight novelty football match at the Oghara Township Stadium.

http://www.mjemagazine.com/emulate-james-ibori-pastor-advice-nigerians/
http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/08/emulate-ibori-pastor-advice-nigerians.html#more
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by skyface00(m): 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
angrySo sad
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by sagalord: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nigeria we hail thee! Don't these people realise that the man stole their money, the money that should have been used to develop their land and ennsure that the future of their children is secured? Foolish people.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by mko2005: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
sagalord: Nigeria we hail thee! Don't these people realise that the man stole their money, the money that should have been used to develop their land and ennsure that the future of their children is secured? Foolish people.
Most politicians are 'thieves' ! Don't you know that the people are aware that Ibori stole from them ? They all know this and would love to do same if they find themselves in such position. Infact they are not happy that Ibori is in jail becos they are guilty as the convicted Ibori ! It is conventional for our leaders to loot the treasury !
A thief who has no opportunity to steal considers himself a saint !
For me,Ibori deserved to be jailed but as for the 'people'(even some of us here on NL)it is injustice against Ibori !

God help us
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by anonymous87: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
Kx: Coming from a supposed "Minister of the gospel", what a shame.

A big reason why we are far behind , these kind of people lead churches............

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by MichBelluchi(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin That pastor must have missed his ladder for siphoning our nations wealth too.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by thaoriginator: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
SMH&Ass for christianity, religion of DOOM!
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by iamdsam: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dem don bribe this pastor with money taya. After talking this kind trash, you expect me go to his church. This pastor supposed to be arrested and prosecuted
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by blaqoracle: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
emmysenior: All these useless pastors tarnishing the image of christianity. Woe betide thee all.
you and i know that christianity is a failed religion.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by blaqoracle: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
emmysenior: All these useless pastors tarnishing the image of christianity. Woe betide thee all.
you and i know that christianity is a failed religion.if you cant do without relgion, then embrace islam.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Akposito: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
I wonder why we Nigerians will not read post thoroughly before commenting out of ignorance... Please i beseech you to read the pastor's quoted speech very well "You have come to Ogahara today because Ibori is a man who after climbing high in the social, political and economical ladders of Nigeria, he did not seize and throw away the ladders in the way most Nigerian big men usually do; he made the ladder available for others to climb up too. And even when some people are too weak to make good use of that ladder, he helped pull them up. That is why you are here today. Never forget that and you go and do likewise; help others to climb up the ladders of life and love." The pastor simply said Nigerians should emulate the good quality of not being selfish.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by bigwallace(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
sadWOw!can't blive dis words came frm d mouth of a supposed man of God!we shud emulat a man dt disgraced us internationally by dressing lik a woman just to escape arrest.a man dt almost drained d account of delta state govt!I hail dis country oooooooooooooo
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Ayatullah(m): 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
All Round Gist:

"What is that aspect of ibori's personality that could attract such mammoth crowd which filled the church and overflows outside?"

This sort of gathering can only happen in a church............and it is a confirmation of what Jesus said in the Bible that a lot of those who claim to follow him WILL BE CALLED WORKERS OF INIQUITY ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT. AND THEY WILL BE DRIVEN TO THE HELL FIRE..
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by mko2005: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akposito: I wonder why we Nigerians will not read post thoroughly before commenting out of ignorance... Please i beseech you to read the pastor's quoted speech very well "You have come to Ogahara today because Ibori is a man who after climbing high in the social, political and economical ladders of Nigeria, he did not seize and throw away the ladders in the way most Nigerian big men usually do; he made the ladder available for others to climb up too. And even when some people are too weak to make good use of that ladder, he helped pull them up. That is why you are here today. Never forget that and you go and do likewise; help others to climb up the ladders of life and love." The pastor simply said Nigerians should emulate the good quality of not being selfish.
No, they will not see the bolded in the speech becos it's positive ! No one want's to see the positive side of Life !
Dog bite's man is no news but when 'man bite's dog' then it will make head lines ! If the op had used as headline 'pastor advice Nigerians NOT to emulate Ibori',do you think it would hav made front page ? Even if it did,no one will click on such a tread !
What we see here is the case of the man putting on an 'immaculate white' agbada with a needle-eye drop of red oil stain on it,what do you think people will see ? The 99.9% immaculate white agbada ? Ofcourse not ,but the highly insignificant .01% of drop of red oil stain !
Have a reflection on 'baba kan' ati omore' and the ketekete' by Ebenezer obe !

God help us
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
iamswizz: we should emulate thieves?

I hate Nigerian pastors. I dont worship in a church that have a Nigerian pastor. Any church i see oyibo man preaching i enter. I dont even care to know the name of the church.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by chucky234(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
Imagine a renowned man of God advising Nigerians to emulate a man who was roped with ex-convict status before criminally becoming a governor through the help of his notorious political God-fathers,a man who single handedly reck a state as rich as Delta state. What positive qualities can ever come from a man with so much disheartening record as Ibori, no wonder this country is where it is today because we keep celebrating proven certificated criminals.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by lozanni(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nigeria is a country of absurdities angry

There is total absence of shame in our daily conduct.

I am beginning to think we, as a people, do not have a conscience, which is almost like saying we are near or complete animals with no morals. Really like animals, we depend only on our instinct to survive, thats why we can hail a rogue as a saviour, as long as he he helps us to achieve our basic needs of food, clothing and shelter. angry

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Inoknowbook: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Are you guys commenting because you wanted to comment or are you giving constructive criticisms of the pastor's exhortations?. Having gone through most of the comments here, I came to the conclusion that most comments here were made just for the purposes of making a comment, and that constructive comments were never intended. I refuse to join the band wagon. Personally, and looking at the pastor's comment from an objective point of view, there was nothing wrong whatsoever with his exhortations. Perhaps, many failed to actually read what the pastor said, I did not. He never told any of the congregants to emulate avarice or to be corrupt whenever they found themselves in power, rather, he exhorted them to imbibe one of the virtues found in the gospel, to wit, helping others when position to do so. He may have believed that Ibori, despite all his wrong doings, actually helped people when he was in power. What is wrong with that? Ibori, despite our various perceptions of him, actually did some good. There was nothing wrong with the pastor highlighting those good deeds of his, after all, we read in the bible of how the angels of God made a promise not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if one righteous person was found in it.

Please, let the pastor be. He did what he could as a man of God under the circumstance. He asked the congregation to go and do good!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by oses4u(m): 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
m.k.o2005:

No, they will not see the bolded in the speech becos it's positive ! No one want's to see the positive side of Life !
Dog bite's man is no news but when 'man bite's dog' then it will make head lines ! If the op had used as headline 'pastor advice Nigerians NOT to emulate Ibori',do you think it would hav made front page ? Even if it did,no one will click on such a tread !
What we see here is the case of the man putting on an 'immaculate white' agbada with a needle-eye drop of red oil stain on it,what do you think people will see ? The 99.9% immaculate white agbada ? Ofcourse not ,but the highly insignificant .01% of drop of red oil stain !
Have a reflection on 'baba kan' ati omore' and the ketekete' by Ebenezer obe !

God help us
but let me ask u dis question. The philanthropic life he lived was he actually using his hard earned money? Do u knw dat he has been living on stolen money since his youthful life @ about 13yrs? Pls u don't steal masses money to help. A typical nigeria politician will steal billions and help masses with thousands. SHAME on dos dat support dis pastor's ignorance. U need to be educated
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by fabulousstan(m): 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
Not all people that call God are real sons of God.

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by maxisfield(f): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
N wat do u tink we expected u to say pastor Iz ibori's bday tnxgivin aftaal we undstand undecided
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by tomzman: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
'Pastors' like this is the reason some people will continue to insult Christianity. This is shameful.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by kid7soccer(m): 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dat y salvation is personal forget ur pastor, pope, bishop. Just leave ur own life accorance to the bible
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Shaibu66(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
What is there to emulate about ibori, may be the supose pastor dosent knw wat the word "emulating" means
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by ElCaballa(m): 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
Who am i to judge Ibori and this Pastor(apologies to our dear pope).
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by sharpman1(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
I am sorry, but our brothers from the South South have shown that they are not bothered about the level of corruption in the country, as long as the thief is one of them. Bad people elect bad leaders. May God save us from this hopeless nation called Nigeria.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by antartica(m): 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
sharp man: I am sorry, but our brothers from the South South have shown that they are not bothered about the level of corruption in the country, as long as the thief is one of them. Bad people elect bad leaders. May God save us from this hopeless nation called Nigeria.

To them ibori is sharp man that played the nigerian game well.He managed to steal like obj and co and shouldn't be held culprits while criminals like atiku are stealing making political statements.That is what they are on about and that is what nigeria is all about-devouring the national cake.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Bright2(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Let me remind you through pope Francis,who are my to judge
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by miracleoscar(m): 8:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Jesus said he who has no sin should cast the first stone.
Pope said he is not worthy to judge gay
So who r we to judge him-Ibori/Pastor. Pls we r nt God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kogi Tribunal: Anything Can Happen / Resignation: Kemi Adeosun Hands Over To Perm Sec., Mahmoud Isa Dutse / Kukah: Stop Intimidating Nigerians, Ortom Tells Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.