Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,761 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6007120 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:01am On Feb 14, 2015
We made it to the 100th page and I wanna use this opportunity to thank Henry120 the creator of this wonderful thread, the contributors that kept this amazing thread going, the political, religious and racial fanatics for not bringing their fanaticism to this beautiful thread.
Being the first person to comment on the 100th page I'll like to dedicate this to our Brothers in Arms who lost their life in the front line and those still serving elsewhere in the world though UN peacekeeping, your sacrifice will never be in vain and finally thank the Almighty God for his protection for us and our Armed forces. And may God help us all to overcome evil, so help us God.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 14, 2015
NighttWalker:
We made it to the 100th page and I wanna use this opportunity to thank Henry130 the creator of this wonderful thread, the contributors that kept this amazing thread going, the political, religious and racial fanatics for not bringing their fanaticism to this beautiful thread.
Being the first person to comment on the 100th page I'll like to dedicate this to our Brothers in Arms who lost their life in the front line and those still serving elsewhere in the world though UN peacekeeping, your sacrifice will never be in vain and finally thank the Almighty God for his protection for us and our Armed forces. And may God help us all to overcome evil, so help us God.
Being following from page 1,now it's 100,wow,really really good,moreover it's Henry120 not Henry 130,kudos to all the contributors of the thread(Henry120,Nightwalker(funny name but gat swag)Jteku,Calderon(Hope i got it right)SargeAlain et all,kudos to you all

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:43am On Feb 14, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

Being following from page 1,now it's 100,wow,really really good,moreover it's Henry120 not Henry 130,kudos to all the contributors of the thread(Henry120,Nightwalker(funny name but gat swag)Jteku,Calderon(Hope i got it right)SargeAlain et all,kudos to you all
That was a silly mistake thanks for the correction bro grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 11:16am On Feb 14, 2015
page 100 noni.
last photo. the nns thunder in Sydney Australia. The ship departed Nigeria from Calabar on August 8, 2013 to participate in the Royal Australian Navy International Fleet Review. The International Fleet Review started on
October 3 with 37 ships from 17 countries assembling at Jarvis Bay for onward movement to Sydney in a tactical formation.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2015
Page 100!!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 14, 2015
Thank you to everyone for taking out time to post and contribute to this thread.

I started this thread in 2013 simply because i was tired of how the western press portrayed militaries in Sub-saharan Africa as weak, incompetent, helpless, corrupt, hungry militias. Particularly disturbing was the fact that African citizens believed this stereotype, adding to the inferiority complex which most Africans suffer.

So, I decided since the whole world knows what is wrong with militaries on the continent, it is my duty as an African to portray all that is right with our militaries. So photos I post of African militaries have to be of a high standard. Whether it's a Nigerian military photo or a photo from cape Verde, it has to be nice clear beautiful shots. No pathetic looking photos are welcome, if I have to post it,it has to be a nice photo. In all, we have posted over 4000 photos on this thread.

Thanks to this thread we now have a balanced idea of our militaries.

Thanks to our South-African, Kenyan, Namibian, Ghanaian, camerounian and of course Nigerian Brothers for contributing to this thread.

Thank you very much.

Special thanks to,

Beegeagle's blog,
Defenceweb.co.za,
African union mission in Somalia(media),
Dean & Doug SAAF Forum,
SiriusBlack
Nigerian_military_History.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
My brothers let us not forget to thank oga beegs from beegeagle's blog for all the useful information and updates

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by claremont(m): 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
Brilliant thread here, I have spent most of today browsing through the beautiful photos.

As much as I like the flexibility and ease of use of the AK-47, I think the Nigerian SF deserve better. We need to spend more on kitting the SF, it is embarrassing to see the SF carrying rusty AK-47's to combat an enemy using the same type of weapon. The AK-47 is a good weapon, it is easy to strip, clean, doesn't jam easily, and is reliable in adverse weather conditions BUT it is no where near the weapons that SF of most countries use. There are far more superior weapons to the AK-47 in terms of range, night-vision capability, e.t.c, and I think we should kit our SF with those.

All the same, brilliant photo thread.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
Seems the military has started releasing vids of operations in the north east.
From the first pic you can tell our military has been using our armed UAV a lot for awhile. You know the best part of terrorist being killed by an armed UAV? Taking em' out the least time they expected.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

And bro the name NightttWalker is not just a name, it has a story behind it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
i am already in the process grin
That's great, wish you and your bro best of luck
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
PAGE 100!! Congrats oga henry..

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
Saw this on beeeagle's blog, a newly acquired BVP armoured IFV inside an Antonov airbus

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
I feel honored to have contributed from all through these awesome even do I have been naughty some Times.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
zukasteve:
the difference between the Nigerian Armed Forces in its commitment to the welfare of its officers and men and the SADF can be clearly seen in this picture. now, i do not care how this makes anybody feel, cus i know how it makes me feel. i am not happy with situation that we find ourselves as a nation but as a patriot and not a lover, i am not blind to this inefficiencies and i know that the our war against the insurgency up north, have been greatly influenced by many of this factors hence the massive failure recorded. we ve even gone ahead to start calling our brave soldiers cowards ( Sambo Dasuki. may God punish that man), just because they refuse to fight under the wretched situation in which they are placed.
Beneath your profanities and aggression I see a lot of sense.
Dying in battle for your country should be made to look as glorious as possible in the eyes of a soilder.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
NighttWalker:
And bro the name NightttWalker is not just a name, it has a story behind it
Ohhhh,can u narrate the story for me bro,i will like to know about it,publicly or privately through pm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nigerian Airforce valentine special. grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:21am On Feb 15, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Airforce valentine special. grin grin
dis is really val.special
congrats on your 100th page
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:52am On Feb 15, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

Ohhhh,can u narrate the story for me bro,i will like to know about it,publicly or privately through pm
Nothing much really, just had some military simulation with some squads from the New Zealand army and we did a lot of night op, I'm a civilian and have little idea of military 'fun' so I had a sleeping disorder. I know it kind of sound impossible to train with a different country army but we never used real guns, we used what was called 'Airsoft' looks like a real gun with no difference and you can attach optics or flashlights or laser to it, if you can shot an airsoft gun you can shot a real gun only thing is that air soft doesn't have recoil unlike real gun so yea we 'had fun' and its illegal to own or play airsoft in Australia so we went to New Zealand for the simulation and I'm sure the Govt here has their eye on me and everyone that went for the 'game' especially now that Australia had a terrorist attack

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 10:54am On Feb 15, 2015
NighttWalker:
Nothing much really, just had some military simulation with some squads from the New Zealand army and we did a lot of night op, I'm a civilian and have little idea of military 'fun' so I had a sleeping disorder. I know it kind of sound impossible to train with a different country army but we never used real guns, we used what was called 'Airsoft' looks like a real gun with no difference and you can attach optics or flashlights or laser to it, if you can shot an airsoft gun you can shot a real gun only thing is that air soft doesn't have recoil unlike real gun so yea we 'had fun' and its illegal to own or play airsoft in Australia so we went to New Zealand for the simulation and I'm sure the Govt here has their eye on me and everyone that went for the 'game' especially now that Australia had a terrorist attack
nice one. I just hope they do not mistake your a55 for a terrorist. why didn't you get pics from the game
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 15, 2015
Nigerian Airforce

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 15, 2015
everything is gonna be ok! Africa will rise, and will never fall again!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Airforce
wot a beautiful night huge bird
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Airforce
this is the part of NAF i love most, Presidential air fleet VIP tranport.......hw i wish ? ? ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
jteku:

this is the part of NAF i love most, Presidential air fleet VIP tranport.......hw i wish ? ? ?
ironically this is the part of NAF I hate the most.
Giving this bird to the navy would have really given them a significant degree of coverage in the gulf.

Yet the PAF wing which already owns a shiny aw139 helo decided to procure this perfectly fit bird and still retain the aw139.
I wonder why VIP air assets are always given top priority even in times like this when regional and global security is on the red. angry

Meanwhile the Egyptians are taking delivery of atleast two squadrons of the french rafale just like that without any speculations or rumors from back channels. They just got up and placed orders. After doing threat assessments and realizing their region is gradually becoming unstable.

Since we have been linked to all sorts of air assets, from Tucanos to JF17, even the SU's.

#Observing. angry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=223_1423480714

video of NNS centenary in Nigeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
overhypedsteve:
nice one. I just hope they do not mistake your a55 for a terrorist. why didn't you get pics from the game
Australian govt take things too seriously, and no phones, no camera no nothing, its just you fully kitted with the squad you are attached to, it was codenamed 'The Invasion' so u just stay there monitoring your outpost till you come fire or BBs lol

Our Australian squad got invited again for the next totally different simulation but that is too far and I might be in the US doing the real deal with real guns, here's a pic attached to the invitation

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
M14A1:
ironically this is the part of NAF I hate the most.
Giving this bird to the navy would have really given them a significant degree of coverage in the gulf.

Yet the PAF wing which already owns a shiny aw139 helo decided to procure this perfectly fit bird and still retain the aw139.
I wonder why VIP air assets are always given top priority even in times like this when regional and global security is on the red. angry

Meanwhile the Egyptians are taking delivery of atleast two squadrons of the french rafale just like that without any speculations or rumors from back channels. They just got up and placed orders. After doing threat assessments and realizing their region is gradually becoming unstable.

Since we have been linked to all sorts of air assets, from Tucanos to JF17, even the SU's.

#Observing. angry

The feeling is mutual. It's the part of the Airforce I loathe the most. Frontline fighters for the NAF are almost always bugged down in some form of bureaucratic hurdle, but when it comes to VIP transports they always seem to take deliveries without any hassle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
Henry120:

The feeling is mutual. It's the part of the Airforce I loathe the most. Frontline fighters for the NAF are almost always bugged down in some form of bureaucratic hurdle, but when it comes to VIP transports they always seem to take deliveries without any hassle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
NighttWalker:
Indeed revealing(Nighttwalker)no wonder the moniker got swag LOL,am impressed,thanks for the explanation though
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nigerian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2015
Bots/Nam battalion

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52