Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5983646 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
zukasteve:
a complaining nigerian is better than a nigerian that is deceiving himself.
how can you ask such a dumb question like which african nation does that? isnt that the height of mediocrity. how do you even measure the progress of a nation? by comparing it with nations with less means.
i said the way the nigerian armed forces conduct the burial rites of their slain soldiers is very poor and it is only reflective of the level of government unconcern and unprofessionalism in the nigerian armed forces.
please Oga henry and Rka1 post pictures of the best nigerian armed forces cementry you know about, and compare it with that of some other african countries. since we have south africans and kenyans on board i will be posting pictures of the SADF deville wood memorial and other pictures of kenyan Mil cementaries.
the worst thing that could ever happen to a man is to allow his patriotism to blind his eyes to the realities on ground in his country.

now compare this photos of the south african cementry to the epitaph( or whatsoever the f£"k you called it,) that our federal government must have spent some inconceivable amount of money to build.
the most annoying thing about a Nigerian being partisan is that he doesn't mind sacrificing his own interest at the alter of political partisanship

how can you say everything is okay when you know that deep down everything isn't.
did you read the article by the foreign military official on beegeagle's blog? did you not at all see any truth in some of the points he raised?
have stated times without number that the basic needs of our troops are being abandoned, and the government and her officials with their very dubious intention to gain from embezzling funds meant for the procurement of high tech and heavy military assets which could have being used to improve our troops logistics, feeding ( imagine troops cooking their own food. doesnt this border even you) basic safety kits and meds. they keep telling us that our troops are well kitted. when we know fully well that,that is not the case. what plans are being made for their feeding in frontline camps? what plans are being made to ensure that a soldier wounded in battle is moved to receive standard treatment within the shortest time possible?
what plans are being made to ensure that the children of our dead Men continue to receive government sponsor for their education?
there was a time when the basic need of an infantry man was just a rifle, times have changed.
i see the way top officials of our armed forces react to complaints by men under their command or their relatives about this same issue of poor equipments, logistics and supply. they reply as if they own the life of the men under their command and sometimes drag them to the court martial, the COAS was even threatening to whip up the wives and relatives of officers if they try to protest the deployment of their fathers, husbands and sons to untimely death that could be easily prevented.

the same thing happened when American soldiers were about to be deployed to the gulf war in 1991, the American citizens protested allover and rejected the decision by the government of George H.W Bush ( the senior) to send American boys to defend Saudi Arabia and to force the retreat of Saddam's troop from Kuwait, they feared a repeatation of the Vietnam carnage and kicked against this deployment. but the American government came out and gave one of the world most powerful wartime speech to the Nation. this is how leaders instill confidence on their citizens and Men.
i for one do not admire mediocrity. so even if tomorrow the Nigerian government purchases the Russian T50 stealth aircraft, i will still not be impressed till i start seeing the changes going on in the military on the life of each and every single officers and men of the Nigerian armed forces.
Some families and soldiers choose where to be buried.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
zukasteve:
the difference between the Nigerian Armed Forces in its commitment to the welfare of its officers and men and the SADF can be clearly seen in this picture. now, i do not care how this makes anybody feel, cus i know how it makes me feel. i am not happy with situation that we find ourselves as a nation but as a patriot and not a lover, i am not blind to this inefficiencies and i know that the our war against the insurgency up north, have been greatly influenced by many of this factors hence the massive failure recorded. we ve even gone ahead to start calling our brave soldiers cowards ( Sambo Dasuki. may God punish that man), just because they refuse to fight under the wretched situation in which they are placed.

I really would have loved to make this argument, but this is a photos and videos only thread.

However, the cenotaph isn't a memorial for all Nigerian troops, it is only a monument mounted in the cemetery in Abuja for troops buried in different parts of the country, who were KIA in this insurgency.

We haven't yet seen a detailed image of the cemetery in Abuja. If you live in Abuja, you can do the honours for us.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:32am On Feb 10, 2015
someone pls give links to those pics of nigeria's mi35 that the CH-3 drones could be seen in the background. There is one rude boy, who thinks and armed drone couldn't have been operated by Nigeria, i have to prove wrong here. He feels drones and Nigeria should never be mentioned in the same sentence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 10, 2015
craziebone:
someone pls give links to those pics of nigeria's mi35 that the CH-3 drones could be seen in the background. There is one rude boy, who thinks and armed drone couldn't have been operated by Nigeria, i have to prove wrong here. He feels drones and Nigeria should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

Use the search button here, or search for them on beegeagle's blog.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 10, 2015
Henry120:

I really would have loved to make this argument, but this is a photos and videos only thread.

However, the cenotaph isn't a memorial for all Nigerian troops, it is only a monument mounted in the cemetery in Abuja for troops buried in different parts of the country, who were KIA in this insurgency.

We haven't yet seen a detailed image of the cemetery in Abuja. If you live in Abuja, you can do the honours for us.
. I pass through it almost every week I wouldn't pose pics because its really an eye soar
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
IbnSultaan:
. I pass through it almost every week I wouldn't pose pics because its really an eye soar
in most African cultures, the dead are buried where there great grandfathers were buried, under traditional burial ceremonies, and in most times, the soldiers coming to bury there friend are guests at the home of the dead soldier, (there not the ones in charge of the burial). in the case of Kenya, the family is usually compensated with there army insurance scheme scheme... I have seen memorial monuments where the name of fallen are written, but not cemeteries... the only cemetery I know of for soldiers is the one from world war 1, 2 and for fallen heroes during the fight for independence (I went there once, it was well gardened). and even for the cemetery, it was bcoz many died and there was no time to sort them out. there were only 1400 known graves out of thousand of graves...

I think it's a bit unfair to be wondering how the military bury the dead........ in most African burials, there are no fancy stuff like stands, for the coffins, people don't necessarily have to wear black.... infact, in my our culture, people come to drink rum and dance the whole night before the day of burial (weird).

I haven't seen a military burial, but I''ve seend one for police, there was the 21 gun salute, but locals were scared of the gun shots, some of them had never hard a gun sound b4. they dint seem to even understand what it was for, they had to be explained that it was a tradition for a hero's burial...

I'll post pics of the Nairobi war cemetery though (later)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2015
denisfidha. All military bases I have been to have cemetery were soldiers are buried mostly the muslim folks whom don't take their dead back to his home town
We have a National cemetery in Abuja. Were Good number Military officers n soldiers have been buried including casualties frm NE coin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
Namibian police force basic training

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nigeria27: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
denisfidha:
infact, in my our culture, people come to drink rum and dance the whole night before the day of burial (weird).
(later)

i dont think theirs anything wrong with that the problem is nowadays most Africans see theirselves through a European lens

( i dont mean to condescend but its just an observation i have made)

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
A freshly delivered Chinese-built CS/VP3 BigFoot Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle of the Nigerian Army’s Guards Brigade.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2015

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nigeria COIN border region

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nigeria COIN Air assets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
denisfidha:

in most African cultures, the dead are buried where there great grandfathers were buried, under traditional burial ceremonies, and in most times, the soldiers coming to bury there friend are guests at the home of the dead soldier, (there not the ones in charge of the burial). in the case of Kenya, the family is usually compensated with there army insurance scheme scheme... I have seen memorial monuments where the name of fallen are written, but not cemeteries... the only cemetery I know of for soldiers is the one from world war 1, 2 and for fallen heroes during the fight for independence (I went there once, it was well gardened). and even for the cemetery, it was bcoz many died and there was no time to sort them out. there were only 1400 known graves out of thousand of graves...

I think it's a bit unfair to be wondering how the military bury the dead........ in most African burials, there are no fancy stuff like stands, for the coffins, people don't necessarily have to wear black.... infact, in my our culture, people come to drink rum and dance the whole night before the day of burial (weird).

I haven't seen a military burial, but I''ve seend one for police, there was the 21 gun salute, but locals were scared of the gun shots, some of them had never hard a gun sound b4. they dint seem to even understand what it was for, they had to be explained that it was a tradition for a hero's burial...

I'll post pics of the Nairobi war cemetery though (later)
But even when buried in private cemeteries, those who were KIA or retired commanders are buried with full military honours.

The burial is usual conducted by military units.

For example in SA: If one soldier deployed in the DRC gets KIA, a battalion let's say 9 SAI will conduct the burial with its commander(Lieutenant Colonel) present.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
PrinxArthur1:
A freshly delivered Chinese-built CS/VP3 BigFoot Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle of the Nigerian Army’s Guards Brigade.
"Guards Brigade"? Is this a reserve unit?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bunnyrug(m): 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
MikeCZAR:
think of it as a sort of praethorian guard,it is stationed in d fct inorder to protect d regimes from uneventualities
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
Can anyone please post pictures about Nigeria's involvement in the ecomog wars?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
MikeCZAR:

The Presidential Guards Brigade. They are a branch of the Army responsible for security in the seat of power, the 3 arms zone (Aso Rock, National Assembly and the Supreme court).

They also provide security in Abuja and environs, I.E, parts of Nassarawa state and Niger state.

The Presidential Guards brigade commander receives his order from the president directly and not the COAS. The command isn't an Elite unit, although they have the 176 special forces battalion under it.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 11, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Army and Navy special forces

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:52am On Feb 11, 2015
Henry120:

The Presidential Guards Brigade. They are a branch of the Army responsible for security in the seat of power, the 3 arms zone (Aso Rock, National Assembly and the Supreme court).

They also provide security in Abuja and environs, I.E, parts of Nassarawa state and Niger state.

The Presidential Guards brigade commander receives his order from the president directly and not the COAS. The command isn't an Elite unit, although they have the 176 special forces battalion under it.
Thanks mate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 11, 2015
SA navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 11, 2015
S.A navy Frigate with visiting British Frigate

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2015
The individual responsible for all Naval ship photos from South-Africa this year. From NNS Centenary to HMS Dragon, he has photographed away.

Thanks to Him.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
oga henry can you please give us the total numbers or a close guess of the numbers of t-72s nigeria army as now, cos its so nannoying how some people will update on wikipedia that NA only operates 4 and 12 incoming ..... from defferent pictures of seeing i think we should av close to a hundred
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
new Nigerian inkas

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2015
Exercise Obangame Express 2012

Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Amisom KDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
Amisom UPDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
Amisom

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2015
bidexiii:
oga henry can you please give us the total numbers or a close guess of the numbers of t-72s nigeria army as now, cos its so nannoying how some people will update on wikipedia that NA only operates 4 and 12 incoming ..... from defferent pictures of seeing i think we should av close to a hundred

First of, wikipedia isn't even a Source.

Second anybody claiming the Nigerian Army has only 12 T-72 Tanks needs to get his brain checked up.

Nigeria signed a contract with the Czech Defence contractor for 50+ T-72 Tanks and 15 other types of military equipment( IFV's, AFV's, Grad systems et al).

16 of those Tanks signed with Excalibur group comes from Hungarian surplus stock. T-72A tanks, while the rest would come from Czech republic stock (T-72CZM1).

We currently operate : T-72B
: T-72A
: T-72CZM1
: T-72 AV

My estimate is Nigeria currently has between 70- 85 T-72 Tanks used in Anti-Terror Operations.

Those 16 T-72's are the only ones Air Freighted and not the total number of T-72's in N.A servicem
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 12, 2015
T55. NA

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Baller254

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.