Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,974 members, 7,863,474 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034228 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
Henry240:
This thread is quite dry, no more interesting content to share?

@Jakeporeshenko, this is march 2017, we've not seen the JF-17 you and your source said was coming in September of 2016.

How far?
Thats what I was told unfortunately things are moving slower than expected, the same NAF confirmed that it has started taking deliveries of Mi-35M attack Helos but for some reason no induction ceremony yet.

JF-17 Also confirmed by every source possible (NAF, SIPRI and PAF) still nothing on ground yet, although NAF pilots are said to be in Pakistan right now.

UAVs from the United Arab Emirates also confirmed no deliveries yet.

The ex Brazilian air force super tucanos might be delivered before all these mentioned above.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Thats what I was told unfortunately things are moving slower than expected, the same NAF confirmed that it has started taking deliveries of Mi-35M attack Helos but for some reason no induction ceremony yet.

JF-17 Also confirmed by every source possible (NAF, SIPRI and PAF) still nothing on ground yet, although NAF pilots are said to be in Pakistan right now.

UAVs from the United Arab Emirates also confirmed no deliveries yet.

The ex Brazilian air force super tucanos might be delivered before all these mentioned above.

Man, these are all un-needed delays.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ivorian soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2017
UPDF soldiers in Somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
andrewza:

No medi still stripped of a lot. The navy just decided to make her the next target for the refit. The plan is she sails this year.

Of course the budget is tight. navy used to recruit 700 people per two intaks. Now one intake of 200 to 250. But we will see what transpires

I haven't seen SAS Manthatisi and SAS Charlotte Maxeke anywhere recently. What's happening to them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
KDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta of Kenya paid a visit to Kenyan forces serving in Somalia recently

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2017
A few more pictures

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
Some more

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
ActivateKruger:

I haven't seen SAS Manthatisi and SAS Charlotte Maxeke anywhere recently. What's happening to them.

The subs are ok, no major issues to report. I think Manthatisi is in refit but there are 2 subs in the water

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
Fin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
Frumentius, did you see the walking sticks cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
Chadian soldier

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
andrewza:

The subs are ok, no major issues to report. I think Manthatisi is in refit but there are 2 subs in the water

Battery refit?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
Nigerian navy SBS commando giving a pre-exercise brief.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
ActivateKruger:
Frumentius, did you see the walking sticks cheesy
The treatment of that uniform as a costume by someone who's not earned it spoils my enjoyment of the walking sticks sad sad sad.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Battery refit?

no normal refit

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Battery refit?
As Andrew said, normal refit.

Pic taken yesterday as part of Navy Festival: courtesy of http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9116&p=114093#p114088

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
Henry240:
This thread is quite dry, no more interesting content to share?

@Jakeporeshenko, this is march 2017, we've not seen the JF-17 you and your source said was coming in September of 2016.

How far?

pretty sure we are not going for block 1, take to long. My opinion we are waiting for the block 3
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
Nok234:

pretty sure we are not going for block 1, take to long. My opinion we are waiting for the block 3

You are really funny.

My best guess is JF17B and that should be block 2.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
someone is messing up the Nigerian navy and army wikipaedia page, hyper inflating the inventory. all efforts put into it is wasted please whoever it is should stop misleading the public because at the end of the day Nigeria might be made to look foolish.

.:
WE DO NOT HAVE FIFTEEN FRIGATES NEITHER DO WE HAVE 11 ARMY DIVISIONS.

I stopped fixing the wiki page since I realise that the person is hell bent on ruining everything.

EXCEPT IF THE PERSON IS PLANNING TO GIFT US SOME HARDWARES.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
somewhere in the northeast jln115 check the flag on the left us soldiers arm...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2017
Nok234:

We would get the Block II. Some of the associated delays has to do with the JF-17B.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
Henry240 if anybody has good news it is dakingsman unfortunately I lost contact with him, after deleting my account.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2017
rawswag:
wink grin i admit it was a fvck up from my part.....but honestly i never realised they wore it that way round!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2017
rawswag:

Problem solved cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Problem solved cool
grin grin grin can always count on Agent Kruger to have my back!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
lionel4power:
someone is messing up the Nigerian navy and army wikipaedia page, hyper inflating the inventory. all efforts put into it is wasted please whoever it is should stop misleading the public because at the end of the day Nigeria might be made to look foolish.

.:
WE DO NOT HAVE FIFTEEN FRIGATES NEITHER DO WE HAVE 11 ARMY DIVISIONS.

I stopped fixing the wiki page since I realise that the person is hell bent on ruining everything.

EXCEPT IF THE PERSON IS PLANNING TO GIFT US SOME HARDWARES.

They don't know they are actually doing Nigeria a great disservice by lying about what we don't have.

Abeg, does this picture belong to Nigerian Navy?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
iblawi:

You are really funny.

My best guess is JF17B and that should be block 2.

You are the one who is funny JF17B is for training we can maybe have some but Im not talking about it Im talking about our multi role jet, second ask me why I said that... The block 2 is already in production and nothing from Pakistan saying that they will produce block2 for someone. Thats why I bet on JF17 block 3, I said is my opinion... No one knows what is going on
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
Seungrandfather:

Abeg, does this picture belong to Nigerian Navy?

Yeah, that's the crew of NNS Thunder.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Onboard Nigerian navy Seaward defence boat II, NNS Karaduwa on the high seas.

NNS Karaduwa is Nigeria's second Seaward defence boat, it was designed by the Nigerian navy and built by Dormanlong Nigeria Limited and Blue flag Nigeria Limited.

Approx 40 meters in length, she is armed with a 30 mm, Chinese origin RWS, 2 X 12.7mn HMG and 2 X AGL.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Henry240:

Yeah, that's the crew of NNS Thunder.
Honestly, I never new our Navy use such uniform colour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), emisun(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.