Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,020 members, 7,863,685 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034722 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:46am On Jun 16, 2017
5. Lieutenant General Joseph Kasaon, VCDF (K) addresses participants during the ‘Lecture of Opportunity’ session at Command and Staff College (CSC).

6. Lieutenant General Joseph Kasaon, Vice Chief of Kenya Defence Forces, Tanzanian senior military officers and Lecture of Opportunity participants during a group photo session at Command and Staff College (CSC).

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
NNSBS, what's that vehicle in the background, looks like one of those stripped down special purpose vehicles Henry despises and adores at the same time.

Those are Nigerian style AK-47s, what happened to the Tavor-21s?

It's truly a love hate relationship for me. Great to see that we now use these types of vehicles. It looks similar to the SPV used by Belgian Special Forces.

The Czech Perun is my kind of SPV, to be honest, my wet dreams have had wet dreams of this vehicle. grin grin

I just wish we can buy this for our Special Forces teams.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
NNSBS, what's that vehicle in the background, looks like one of those stripped down special purpose vehicles Henry despises and adores at the same time.

Any more pictures available to really scrutinise the vehicle?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 16, 2017
IL-76TD , Algerian AF yesterday 16-06-2017 in russia

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mupper2: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
It's a unimog and since the driver looks like a white dude with a red beard (I could be very wrong of course) I too would be interested to know where this is and whats going on.. smiley
The Belgians are the only lads in Europe to use the Uni' in this configuration.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2017
Nigerian navy open day 2017

Nigerian navy week

Nigerian navy celebration

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 16, 2017
mupper2:

It's a unimog and since the driver looks like a white dude with a red beard (I could be very wrong of course) I too would be interested to know where this is and whats going on.. smiley

Excellent, in that case this picture was probably taken during one of the flintlock exercises.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 16, 2017
mupper2:

I thought as much. Just an identification error.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 16, 2017
Tanzanian Commando

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 16, 2017
Nigerian Air Force MI-24

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mupper2: 10:26am On Jun 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Excellent, in that case this picture was probably taken during one of the flintlock exercises.
That makes sense cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2017
Spotted on the background: The Nyala APC in Neil Blomkamp's latest short film, RAKKA.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by krisszartor: 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
Fidha254:
This guy has actual vedios of AH-1 biend tested in Kenya

https://twitter.com/fkariuki/status/874505323750580224

found the youtube links to 2 videos of the cobra being unloaded and tested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MOEHavGR8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIqWOQwWB6g

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by krisszartor: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
is the origin of these cobras still unknown ? ,seems ex Jordanian according to this article

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48013:kenya-receiving-cobra-attack-helicopters&catid=124:military-helicopters&Itemid=282
Kenya receiving Cobra attack helicopters?
Photos appeared online this week of a Cobra fuselage in Kenya Air Force markings and desert camouflage matching that used by the Kenyan military.
The single aircraft in the photos lacked its stub wings, main and tail rotors, indicating it was partially disassembled for transport and may have just been delivered.
It is not clear when or where the photo was taken, but the presence of military personnel in Kenyan military uniforms indicates it could be in Kenya.
It is also not yet clear where the aircraft has come from. US Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Excess Defence Articles (EDA) records do not show a sale or transfer. It is possible the aircraft may have come from Jordan, which has assisted Kenya in the past and in mid-2015 received 16 AH-1s from Israel.
Kenya and Jordan enjoy close military ties, with Jordan selling 15 second hand F-5 fighters to the country in mid-2007 and in September last year taking part in a joint exercise in Kenya, during which both countries pledged to strengthen their defence relations.

another article goes as far as to identify the model, its specs and the army unit that will use the choppers.but there still isn't a definite number of how many choppers were aquired

http://intelligencebriefs.com/kenya-defense-forces-kdf-acquires-bell-ah-1f-cobra-attack-helicopter/

Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) has acquired the Bell AH-1F Cobra Gunship Attack Helicopter for its 50th Air Calvary Division.

The Bell Huey AH-1F Cobra Attack Helicopter incorporates all Step 1 and 2 upgrades to the AH-1S.

The KDF Cobras have a fire control system with a pilot's M76 Head-Up Display (HUD), a laser rangefinder, an infrared jamming engine exhaust system, M136 Helmet Sight Subsystem (HSS), M26 Fire Control Computer (FCC) and the M143 Air Data Subsystem (ADS)

The AH-1F is also referred to as the “Modernized AH-1S”, “AH-1S Modernized Cobra”, or “AH-1S(MC)”.

It can fire missiles and machine guns. It’s a ground attack support Gunship Helicopter.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I call that a Unimog imo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nigerian Police

Abuja city police

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2017
NAF L-39ZA

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 4:14am On Jun 17, 2017
Ferret Mk2 of Sudan gets a new life.

The persistent longevity of the Ferret series - which even predates the AML - among Arab armies in particular boggles the mind.

From my experience the Ferret has to be one of the most robust armoured cars ever designed since the end of WWII. Easily the AK-47 of early postwar scout cars: a simple design that continues to function even under appalling conditions.

I would rate the Ferret as more reliable than the AML, and that's not something I concede easily.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 17, 2017
Nigerian navy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 17, 2017
In my previous DRC deployment, people laughed when 2 of these showed up to pick 6 of us up. Me, I was like, "If they're good enough for the Himalayas, I'm jumping right in!" grin grin grin @nemesis2u

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 17, 2017

3 Likes

...fin.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 17, 2017
kikuyu1 and his 7.62. grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2017
Nigerian Air Force MI-17 door gunner prepares his firing position before a routine flight take-off in the NE.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NNAMDIII(m): 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
REPOST:

Nigerian Navy SBS

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
frumentius:
In my previous DRC deployment, people laughed when 2 of these showed up to pick 6 of us up. Me, I was like, "If they're good enough for the Himalayas, I'm jumping right in!" grin grin grin @nemesis2u

grin grin grin grin

did u enjoy the thread bare seats ?

guess 3 of u were literally cuddling each other in that tiny space grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
rare pic of the Algerian Mi-171Sh with south african ATE upgrade

i think only 2 or 3 were updraded with same equipments for the Mi 24 MK III

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 18, 2017
Nigerian Air Force officer takes it under water. grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2017
Nigerian navy VBSS

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force officer takes it under water. grin grin

why ru posting NSFW content here angry angry angry

u can post it in the technical thread without any fear wink

u got any other ahem similar pics grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2017
nemesis2u:

why ru posting NSFW content here angry angry angry

u can post it in the technical thread without any fear wink

u got any other ahem similar pics grin grin grin

grin grin grin

Pervert!!

Nope, just the one.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2017
frumentius:
kikuyu1 and his 7.62. grin grin grin

Yyyeahhh!
Everytime I see these bullpups people insist are the solution to every tactical issue,suppressive fire,penetration,range etc etc I do this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.