Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5975939 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
Spexer 2000 ground radar from Cassidian built locally under license algeria

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:19am On Jul 07, 2017
South African Special Forces operators

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:26am On Jul 07, 2017
SupremeCourt:

I am not interested in trade of words between you guys, but its bound to happen with a dozen men posting war photos, they will also be at war with themselves once in a while and later adjust their hot heads back to cool mode. That is the issue of Nigerians vs South Africans, they will argue but settle after. Your comment is beyond my ability to reply, I am eager to see why you rate Nigerian military as ordinary average on continental level despite the photos we see here showing Nigeria is the most experienced African country in 21st century war.
Curious to know if your opinion about South African armed forces versus Nigerian side is realistic, I pushed your comment to some military officers here in the FCT, anti-corruption cases are in court probing their spending from past governments, it is easy to ask some nice military boys private questions when its relaxing time.

Much as I have hammered into the Nigerians heads about slow payment and slow delivery of equipment, I have asked those who know better and I have further information:

(A) Only Nigeria has ability to attack an enemy with guiding missile air drones in Africa.
(B) All remaining 10 mi35m will be delivered to NAF, completed by late months of 2018, draft budget provision covers it. Only Nigeria has guiding missile equipped helicopters in Africa excluding Mediterranean Arabs. They are purchased to destroy Boko Haram anti aircraft jeeps and any standard army that threatens Nigeria's territorial integrity.
(C) The jf17 is testing AESAA radar in country of origin and offered to NAF, it is planned that some NAF delivery 2018-2020 will beat any air opponent in Africa excluding again Mediterranean Arabs. Budget covers it.
(D) Nigerian navy lacks real warship but budget is drafted for one huge supply replenishment ship of Asian origin between 7,000 - 10,000 tonne with some real warship equipment. It will replenish all ships in maritime security deep off shore.
(E) It is decided to equip NAF jf17 to counter surface any enemy warship in Nigerian deep off shore from long distance away. Budget for guide weapons is already fully provided and will be delivered 2017-2018.
(F) Over 30 new aeroplanes: 5 ch drones, 12 mi35, 12 superb tuscano, 3 jf17 are ordered fully equipped to deal with any level of external aggression against Nigerian armed forces from any African country. That is how it is written in the documents submitted to justify military spending on budgets 2016, 2017, draft 2018.

Looking at the above and also looking at the current insurgency war experience that tested the Nigerian military more than any other African country, exposing weaknesses that have been fully corrected in a few years, I will say your opinion is wrong concerning Nigerian armed forces versus any opponent in Africa, excluding the Mediterranean Arabs as the officers say. No sensible country will over-estimate itself against a currently battle tested country. Almost every Nigerian soldier has tasted real war today, but almost every South African soldier has not seen war since he was born. Shooting practice at home is a thousand times easier than real shooting war.

"B...but muh assets"

It's 2017 bud, assets are irrelevant. It's about systems based warfare. Of which we are SSA's leader.

Also, if only experience counts... Then Nigerian troops are equally inexperienced as the SANDF as Nigerian troops have never conducted high-intensity operations... And unlike the SANDF, you dont train for them.

Finally: Angola, Uganda, Kenya are all better equipped than you in one way or another.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:33am On Jul 07, 2017
officialdayo:
Executive outcome could not work without NAF backup. They used NAF for most of their operations. Argue and I will back up with facts.

EO can bring their own airpower if need be.

They have done it in the past.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:35am On Jul 07, 2017
frumentius:

And of course, on the other side, one has to admire then Col. Kabarebe's gumption.
After the rout in Kinshasa:

Very impressive
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2017
GreenandGold:

All that expensive equipment...and a cheap R3 pen :-)

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 07, 2017
patches689:

Very impressive
Now General Kabarebe is quite an impressive strategist. The sheer chutzpah of using special forces to take Goma Airport, commandeer civilian airliners and fly 1200 troops to the Atlantic coast to take Kinshasa from the rear. In the process they shut down Congo's oil industry, blocked all shipping, took the Inga complex and plunged the country into darkness and were it not for the ZDF, would have taken Kinshasa. And then the exfiltration!
He got a nasty surprise when we nailed his special forces behind the lines trying to re-supply M23 grin grin grin.

On a sad note as Hrmnn said, it is outrageous to observe the current state of the ZDF.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:17am On Jul 07, 2017
GreenandGold:
What's that little pocket on the shoulder for? I always wanted to ask. Also, the green Reece pants have a pocket on the down leg section. It's an odd position for a pocket. What purpose do they serve?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:23am On Jul 07, 2017
frumentius:

He got a nasty surprise when we nailed his special forces behind the lines trying to re-supply M23 grin grin grin.

ZDF.

Was it an intel driven operation? I know you can't say much, I'm trying my luck grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 07, 2017
ssaengine:

All that expensive equipment...and a cheap R3 pen :-)

The R3 Bic comes with the CSIR's stamp of approval! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 07, 2017
mine clearance and intervenetion mobile platforme locally built Algeria

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2017
frumentius:

The R3 Bic comes with the CSIR's stamp of approval! grin grin grin
It never let's you down during critical recorn missions where every stroke counts wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:19am On Jul 07, 2017
An SASFB operator starter kit.

- Rifle *check
- Machine gun *check
- Pistol *check
- Grenades *check
- Tactical knife *check
- Extra rifle magazines *check
- Extra LMG rounds *check
- Food *that's for pussies, who needs it

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2017
ViceAdmirlAgain:
From Sat-Com Namibia
Wow. That's very dope, recon operators should get this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Wow. That's very dope, recon operators should get this.

Sat-Com does sterling work and the cousins are justifiably proud. When they were sanctioned for going into the DRC, they decided they were going to be self-sufficient in comms and now Sat-Com is exporting. No kvetching, no buying inferior stuff at over-inflated prices in dodgy deals.

Oh, we've already got all that stuff.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2017
patches689:

"B...but muh assets"

It's 2017 bud, assets are irrelevant. It's about systems based warfare. Of which we are SSA's leader.

Also, if only experience counts... Then Nigerian troops are equally inexperienced as the SANDF as Nigerian troops have never conducted high-intensity operations... And unlike the SANDF, you dont train for them.
One would think you are part of the security meetings in Abuja, and you have the list of all the exercises based off your assertion. I laugh in Mokopa

Finally: Angola, Uganda, Kenya are all better equipped than you in one way or another.

Kenya? With more sticks and spears...F#ck me...geez.
I now understand Henry240's frustrations with you, your level of ignorance is legendary and mind boggling that the only thing one can do is just pity you. Because laughing at you would be totally unfair

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2017
patches689:

"B...but muh assets"

This guy ehnnn angry

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:18am On Jul 07, 2017
nemesis2u:
there was a proposal years back to de horn the rhinos and replace them with artificial horns .

there was massive protest back home from animal right activists (actually desi and foreign aholes like PETA BBC etc )

wonder weather it would have stopped the killing of rhinos

i suspect the role of some animal right activists and media , they r in payroll of international syndicates

of special interest is the way BBC ran a story demonizing Indian forest guards for shooting down rhino poachers, if they dont kill the poachers the rhinos will be wiped out.

later they were banned from all indian forest reserves, but those bleepers got some international tour operators to boycott indian game reserves.

later ministry of external affairs had to warn British government of impeding economic sanctions over it plus some other reasons , which later forced BBC to back off.

i just dont get whats the problem with these fuccking western governments and their media , who appointed them as the judge to interfere with others.

most of the high value contraband goods r smuggled out in diplomatic pouches / luggage , but that is another story.

UN peace keeping forces r also guilty of trade in endangered animal parts in africa ,

much to my shame our files contain the name of a Indian general , but unlike other nations atleast that particular general will never be considered for any promotion, appointments etc back home due to compromised character . the list of nationality involved is long , i know of senior officers from pak***** , french , bangladeshi ,african forces etc etc .

but unfortunately or fortunately such info is good enough for dangling the sword to sniff out some secrets and maybe payback karma for the poor animals who died.

Sorry to say the KDF had an experience with an Indian general,SIERRA LEONE,2000 that was entirely negative and had nothing to do with wild animals.
Kenbatt was stuck in hostile territory disarming when the RUF suddenly turned hostile. Mind you these boys were constantly high and could turn from smiling friendliness to snarling rage in nanoseconds.

This infamous UN mandated commander of mission in sierra leone Gen Vijay Kumra Jetley at that time refused to send in gunships that were under the control of ukrainian contigents(who handled transport logistics and air cover) to rescue or help kenyan troops who were surrounded and outnumbered by rebels in the northern sector where kenyans were told to operate and carry out disarmament activity...the rebels did not like this.

The general when told of repeated radio calls for help just looked at the map they had on the wall circled the area where kenyans were trapped in red marker pen and said "NO.JUST WRITE THESE GUYS OFF ..THE AREA IS TOO DANGEROUS TO SEND ANY HELP WE CANNOT RISK MORE LIVES."

A British colonel who was in the room told the guy he is making a mistake and that he knew kenyan soldiers and their training and was confident they would prevail.
AFTER several days of being under fire and almost being overrun by blood thirsty rebels..kenyans hatched a daring escape plan which they executed with such speed and bravery that surprised the rebels.
In the ensuing battle two kenyans died from enemy fire and one platoon sergeant got lost in the thick equittorial rain forest while injured.

This injured man survived for days while playing hide and seek with the rebels who were out looking all over.
The kenyan soldier after seven days and now too weak found an old man villager who was gardening and this man kept him hidden in a shack for another five days while he tried to find help for this man.
This injured man survived for days while playing hide and seek with the rebels who were out looking all over.
The kenyan soldier after seven days and now too weak found an old man villager who was gardening and this man kept him hidden in a shack for another five days while he tried to find help for this man.
Eventually the rebels caught up with the kenyan after being tipped off.

They came calling one evening and drugged the now helpless kenyan out of the back shack and killed him in cold blood on the footpath nearby...then hurriedly buried him in full uniform in a shallow grave.they did not harm the old man who lived to tell the story later as to exactly what took place leading to the mans death and also pointing out the spot where the body was laid to rest...i think his name was SSGT Wanyama..though i an not really sure..

The kenyans remains were recovered later after several months when the next kenbat mission took over with a kenyan general.Daniel Opande in charge with clear peace enforcement orders

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2017
Since some Nigerians are now hoarding photos and information.

I'll go the same route, and join in.

If it works for A, it would also work for B.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 07, 2017
xwolverine:

One would think you are part of the security meetings in Abuja, and you have the list of all the exercises based off your assertion. I laugh in Mokopa

Kenya? With more sticks and spears...F#ck me...geez.
I now understand Henry240's frustrations with you, your level of ignorance is lengadary and mind boggling that the only thing one can do is just pity you. Because laughing at you would be totally unfair

He's entitled to his opinion, no matter how retarrded it is.

I don't bother quoting him or the other Activatekruger individual.

Spam = Ignore. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
This guy ehnnn angry

The ridiculousness of his posts. It's incredible! grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2017
Henry240:

Bros no do. That's not why you started this thread visit the first page or the topic to remind yourself.

If you're referring to the ARA pics it's not worth it, Some literally Ctr c and Ctr v together with caption, if you know what I'm saying.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 07, 2017
patches689:

"B...but muh assets"

Buddy you're trying to hard, your post used to make sense to a certain degree... backed by facts, links and all.

Now you just make up crapp out of thin air. Don't become the thing you hate because you can't beat it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2017
Mi 171 , Algeria

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2017
kikuyu1:
One of the problems we face here is lack of intellectual stimulation. So,guys get bored start crying and throwing things. With that in mind I'll post a subject dear to everyone's heart that's been on my mind for quite a while. It's a test of different
aircraft roles and function,geopolitics, economics and respective threat matrices.
Your task is to buy AF airframes-no army aviation AHs ,strictly FSBs,transport and choppers for the NAF,SAAF and KAF. We can't be Algeria much less Egypt so to keep it real your budget is 2.8 bn $ plus,minus 10% to allow currency fluctuation with a 5 year timeline. Frankly,we're all financially constrained to a certain degree but that's a figure I truly think our respective nations can manage with judicious saving,reallocation and belt tightening over a half decade.
These are NATIONAL ASSETS!! Therefore,even if 2nd hand you should plan for minimum 20 year lifecycle to optimise its utility : which is why India rejected Block 70 F 16s. Allow also for annual 5 year maintenance cost.

Here's my ideal KAF 2022 flight line.

Tejas mk2 14 frames 47.5 mn $ each 3.25 mn $ cpfh yearly for 5 YEARS 710 mn $

Air tractor 10 frames 10 mn$ each o,75 mn $ cpfh yearl for 5 years 137.5 mn$

Transport

Aviocar 212 12 frames 5.2 mn $ each 0.9 mn $ cpfh yearly for 5 years 116.4 mn $

C 295 8 frames 35 mn $ each 3.9 mn $ cpfh yearly for 5 years 496 mn $

Y 8 4 frames 35 mn $ each 8 mn $ cpfh yearly for 5 years 500 mn $

Y9 3 frames 45 mn $ each 9 mn $ cpfh yearly for 5 years 270 mn $

Choppers

D hruv 24 frames 15 mn $ each 0.75 mn $ cpfh yearly for 5 years 450 mn $

Mi 26 3 frames 28 mn $ each 9 mn $ cpfh yearly for 5 years 219 mn $

Mi 38 12 frames 20 mn $ each 2.1 mn $ cpfh yearly for 5 years 372 mn $

GRAND TOTAL 3.3 BN $ I broke the dciking bank! AIYAYAYA!! Btw,we have no Sues,heavy lift or other big ticket items. We haven't even considered SAMs,ground radars or support facilities. I hope you see the cost implications of tac air-its too easy to say we need a couple of Su 35s or FA 18s for our neck of the woods.- REALLY? ? IF ANYTHING I HOPE WE ALL SEE THE LONG FINANCIAL PLANNING THAT GOES INTO ACQUISITION OF ANY MODERN COMBAT SYSTEM. Hopefully,that will kill or reduce the rampant fanboyism.
Most figures from here http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-helicopters.html

Critique, everyone. In the meantime start your SAAF and NAF. At least try to respond in this format.

With all that money spent we still don't have heavy lift or twin engine FSBs and are using Tejas 2s as multirole jets-doable in Africa. We can only lift a reinforced inf brigade at a time using 80% of all our transport! A combi of Dhruvs,with larger internal volume than anything in its class and Mi 38s,MI 17 successor can however combat assault a battalion at a time.
There are also associated costs indirect costs-do you need hangars for your 50 mn$ airframes? You've all seen what happened to the Chadian airforce in that once-in-50-years sandstorm but have you heard of 'skincreep,' I think the term is? The differential heating and cooling of fuselages degrades million dollar systems,the electro optics,targeting pods etc etc.

Do you get acquire a metal aircraft shelter or construct a hardened shelter?
For the AF you guys all want you'd have to spend on Algerian levels! Chkil0,had an infograph of their spending-can't find it.
This is why its true as someone said the Grips will "fly til they fall out of the sky." Its over a decade since their induction and still no whisper of new airframes-if there's smth new on the horizon,pls don't shoot!

If there's one lesson its this; YOU CAN BUY AIR FRAMES,BUT NOT THE AIR FORCE,AND IT FCUKKING COSTS!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2017
Photo of the NAF Aw109 that was successful ditched in a body of water yesterday, thankfully no lives were lost.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2017
GreenandGold:
I know which instagram page you are following!! grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2017
Henry240:

He's entitled to his opinion, no matter how retarrded it is.

I don't bother quoting him or the other Activatekruger individual.

Spam = Ignore. cool cool

Of course, that's where you get your hiding.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:02am On Jul 07, 2017
Henry240:

grin

I was only kidding about the SU-30. it was to calm down the RSA guys

Anyway some Nigerian delegation in china checking out some su-30 grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2017
jl115:

I know which instagram page you are following!! grin grin

Shiiiiii, don't blow cover grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2017
tdayof:
grin

I was only kidding about the SU-30. it was to calm down the RSA guys

Anyway some Nigerian delegation in china checking out some su-30 grin
@Henry240 told you, you gullible fvck!! wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.