Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,960 members, 7,848,898 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6012857 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
Covert1:

grin Before they struck oil no one even noticed them. Yemen was their boss exactly why the Houthi's will never allow a Saudi victory. It will be a stain on their honor.
hehehe they act like spoilt rich kids.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
well articulated LT.GEN, my only reservation are these politicians at Abuja who might get enticed with dome dollars as kickbacks.

Political hot water, no one is gonna touch it for sake of religious sensitivities. Nigeria is a circular state. Nigeria will always maintain friendship not just with Sunni Saudi Arabia but also Shia Iran based on it's non-aligned policy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
IbnSultaan:
We still paying the price for supporting NATO covert1

Whether we like it or not others are going US , France n China in the race for Africa.
UAE,Turkey,Japan,Saudis

Exactly, which is why I said "either way". Which is the lesser of two evils? I think we will judge that history when we have the benefit of hindsight. Boko Haram is a non-state actor with powerful unseen hands while Ghaddafi was a state actor actively seeking Nigeria's disintegration and seeking to get us bogged down in our foreign deployments.

The foreign powers can continue preying on Africa, they are in decline and won't stand Nigeria's inevitable influence in Africa in some 25 years if we continue on this trajectory and focus our priorities right.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
hehehe they act like spoilt rich kids.

grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
tdayof:

I don't understand the Saudi money stuff. Can you explain cc: covert1

Saudi Arabian money is it's power. And some countries are willing to sacrifice the limbs and lives of their children to do Riyadh's bidding for that money.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2017
jl115:

Fvcking hell surprised there was so much detail in the article!!

The guys at Bellingcat do a good job. They've been invaluable as one of the many open sources I use at work. Did you read Peccavi's contribution in the comments? I have all the time in the world for his insights. Unlike some of the jingoistic chest-puffers peacocking on here.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fav Pics of The BH War: Pic of A Nigerian Soldier of The "Operation Peace By All Means" Offensive, North East Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
tdayof:

I don't understand the Saudi money stuff. Can you explain cc: covert1

Neither do I. I too would also like to know how Saudi money is behind Senegal's upgrade of its military. All along I thought their expeditionary doctrine is influenced and funded by the real "Giant of West Africa", France.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
frumentius:

Neither do I. I too would also like to know how Saudi money is behind Senegal's upgrade of its military. All along I thought their expeditionary doctrine is influenced and funded by the real "Giant of West Africa", France.

France may have enough military presence In WA but her colonies are still under equipped.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
Covert1:

Saudi Arabian money is it's power. And some countries are willing to sacrifice the limbs and lives of their children to do Riyadh's bidding for that money.

True, but what's that got to do with Senegal's expeditionary outlook and its latest acquisitions?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
frumentius:

I didn't see the provocation in the last part cos I least expected u to write that not least Senegal has no expeditionary doctrine for a blue water navy unless of course someone pays for it for geo-political reasons. France provides direct defence for it's lackeys not upgrade or up-arm them.

You will like to know? Ok. I'm very busy now but pls tell me is Senegal fighting for free for Saudi Arabia in Yemen on it's borders?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
tdayof:

France may have enough military presence I'm WA but her colonies are still under equipped.

Why expend scarce treasure when La belle France has your 6? France has been checking Nigeria's strategic options since Biafra, with the very same "under-equipped" colonies.

Lest some peacocks here mis-understand me: SA bumped into the same problem in CAR. Bozize approached RSA to lessen his country's dependence on France. How did France react to our encroachment on FrancAfrique? By putting it about that Bozize was fair game and the colonies - which is what they are - duly mimicked the line from the colonial master at the Elysee.

They've got Nigeria check-mated in West Africa - they're now positioning Morocco to assume a prominent role in ECOWAS - and they remain the regional hegemon in Central Africa - with Chad, Gabon, Congo Brazza and Cameroun acting as local gendamarie or native assistants in colonial parlance.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
Covert1:

I didn't see the provocation in the last part cos I least expected u to write that not least Senegal has no expeditionary doctrine for a blue water navy unless of course someone pays for it for geo-political reasons. France provides direct defence for it's lackeys not upgrade or up-arm them.

You will like to know? Ok. I'm very busy now but pls tell me is Senegal fighting for free for Saudi Arabia in Yemen on it's borders?

Hopefully you'll bring the evidence of Saudi financing of Senegalese acquisitions, amidst all your busy-ness.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:22am On Jul 14, 2017
frumentius:

Why expend scarce treasure when La belle France has your 6? France has been checking Nigeria's strategic options since Biafra, with the very same "under-equipped" colonies.

Lest some peacocks here mis-understand me: SA bumped into the same problem in CAR. Bozize approached RSA to lessen his country's dependence on France. How did France react to our encroachment on FrancAfrique? By putting it about that Bozize was fair game and the colonies - which is what they are - duly mimicked the line from the colonial master at the Elysee.

They've got Nigeria check-mated in West Africa - they're now positioning Morocco to assume a prominent role in ECOWAS - and they remain the regional hegemon in Central Africa - with Chad, Gabon, Congo Brazza and Cameroun acting as local gendamarie or native assistants in colonial parlance.

French Africa has nothing on Nigeria. France has more investments in Nigeria than all it's lackeys in the region combined. It is in Morocco's self interest to come in from the cold and the license to enter ECOWAS it's from Abuja not Paris and Morocco is not a threat to Nigeria's strategic interest. It realises it's future relevance it's under Abuja's umbrella not France. Something SA should do for it's long term relevance. South Africa shouldn't have been in CAR in the first place if it understood geo-politicking. There is only one Hegemon in west and central Africa: Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:23am On Jul 14, 2017
frumentius:

Hopefully you'll bring the evidence of Saudi financing of Senegalese acquisitions, amidst all your busy-ness.

States don't go around telling their covert foreign operations. It's always secret.

Answer the question.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 1:12am On Jul 14, 2017
Covert1:
Gentlemen the unanswered question is what threats does South Africa face that warrants it holding brigade sized exercises?

I hope we can allow for intellectual reasoning

There is a consensus among experts that South Africa post apartheid does not face any threat of external aggression. There is no existential threat against SA territorial integrity and national sovereignty.

South Africa does not face any threat from it's neighbors or any African country or beyond. Nigeria is not invading SA anytime soon grin
Try get small shame na
Typical nigerian cut from the same cloth as our ruling class. Lazy thinkers and slow planners.

Since SA faces no threat they should disband the military and rely on luck and God for protection like we do in nigeria.

Im sure if nigeria holds brigade sized exercises every weekend you would come to this thread and masturbate about it.

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:15am On Jul 14, 2017
Hombres move this to the appropriate thread please
Would love to join the discussions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:15am On Jul 14, 2017
upko1:

Try get small shame na
Typical nigerian cut from the same cloth as our ruling class. Lazy thinkers and slow planners.

Since SA faces no threat they should disband the military and rely on luck and God for protection like we do in nigeria.

Im sure if nigeria holds brigade sized exercises every weekend you would come to this thread and masturbate about it.

The last paragraph was humor and nothing else

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 1:34am On Jul 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
The last paragraph was humor and nothing else
Poor attempt at humor.
Peace time SA holding brigade sized exercises to foster cohesion and someone is asking why.

Peace time nigeria turned to a girls scout thats why

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:49am On Jul 14, 2017
upko1:

Poor attempt at humor.
Peace time SA holding brigade sized exercises to foster cohesion and someone is asking why.

Peace time nigeria turned to a girls scout thats why
grin If I say am interested in the sellouts u r festering then am a liar

Just move along enough poo can be flung in a jiffy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:49am On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=upko1 post=58434487]

Ukpo u sound crude to me to quote u.

However its a free world with free speech. You can afford to be condescending. There is nothing to masturbate about brigade sized exercises. Nigeria's military is currently deployed on 14 active internal security assignments some of which is multi-division sized like Op LAFIYA DOLE in the north-east, Op PULO SHIELD in the Niger-Delta giving it valuable combat experience in the air, on the ground and in littoral warfare. It also holds periodic large-scale exercises tailored to meet contemporary threats whilst actively engaged in war. Nigeria's military is also deployed abroad.

Nigeria has no interest and no business invading SA. It's silly to even think that. SA has no foreign threats post apartheid. Several international relations experts also in SA agrees it's huge weapons acquisition was misplaced. It's military is best downsized for professionalism and sustainable funding to build capacity to meet domestic challenges, protect it's rich wild life resources and or support continental peace keeping assignments. Right now it's struggling to fulfill those objectives.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:47am On Jul 14, 2017
kikuyu1:

How does the armour compare with the ACH?
I don't know much about the ACH.

They are in different classes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:50am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

u guys r quoting unit price or the unit price + weapons + total/designated lifecycle costs for the NAF hinds ?
They keep saying the Rooivalk is expensive cause of those quotes.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 14, 2017
Covert1:

Well stated and brilliantly articulated.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 14, 2017
tdayof:

I don't understand the Saudi money stuff. Can you explain cc: cove1

Saudi money refers to the funding Senegal receives to boost it military from the various military interventions the Senegalese have deployed in support of the Saudi government.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 14, 2017
Nigerian army's 6 Division, Port-Harcourt

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 14, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:32am On Jul 14, 2017
frumentius:

I don't know all the details but my own info strongly suggests France was secretly responsible for what happened to your boys in the CAR. Jean Fraude is a past master in proxy warfare and false flags. It was a warning to Pretoria not to trespass onto their turf.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:35am On Jul 14, 2017
grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2017
Your geopolitical debate will derail thread
Drop the debate
Coverr1

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 8:06am On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=Covert1 post=58434674][/quote]
Its better I sound crude than lost.

For a peace time country, south africa is surely kicking asx, forget plenty grammar.
See truth talk am.

They hold brigade sized exercises because
They can
They are serious
Learnt from our horrible mess of a peace time military.

Bye.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:05am On Jul 14, 2017
I had to triple check if I was still in the photo section.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: abduleez1(m), kabe1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.