Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,283 members, 7,853,347 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019708 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:21am On Jul 14, 2017
Off topic :

A scene inspired by the STF in Chappie... the Officer uses the robot armour as mobile tactical cover.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 14, 2017
Nigerian Navy

Commander Edwin Ugwu

Locally built Nigerian Navy Tug-Boat

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:24am On Jul 14, 2017
The Truvelo CMS 20x42mm sniper rifle. This beast can immobilise an APC, kill crew of some IFVs as well... Did I mention that you can bring down a low flying aircraft if you know where to hit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 14, 2017
kikuyu1:

I don't know all the details but my own info strongly suggests France was secretly responsible for what happened to your boys in the CAR. Jean Fraude is a past master in proxy warfare and false flags. It was a warning to Pretoria not to trespass onto their turf.

Nothing secret about it. When deploying to Bangui, France openly stated that she would not save Bozize this time around. Our mistake was not checking with France's vassals in the region whether this was their position as well. Alas, FOMAC's red line which Seleka would not be allowed to cross, turned out to be no such thing. The duplicitous Chadians collaborated with Seleka. The feckless regional body opposed our response plan, arguing that "Seleka must be given a chance".
Look how well that worked out.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2017
Nigerian Air Force ELINT compliant ATR-42

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Namibian Special Forces Commando

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2017
frumentius:

Nothing secret about it. When deploying to Bangui, France openly stated that she would not save Bozize this time around. Our mistake was not checking with France's vassals in the region whether this was their position as well. Alas, FOMAC's red line which Seleka would not be allowed to cross, turned out to be no such thing. The duplicitous Chadians collaborated with Seleka. The feckless regional body opposed our response plan, arguing that "Seleka must be given a chance".

The same guys who claimed we would destabilise the region if we went in full force. Strange how we were gonna make everyone else fight when our target was Seleka unless they were gonna enforce Seleka.

But anyways, Seleka their baby and now they'll have to deal with it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Nigerian Air Force A109 Helicopters

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Nigerian navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2017
I don't have an intention to derail but see the need to address this Brigade size exercise talk.
1. The nature of threats differ between SA and an Nigeria.
2.The last 'publicised' major exercise was Ologun meta in 2009 which was purely conventional exercise.
3.Fastward to 2010 military planners saw the need to adopt a fluid and dynamic concept with counter terrorism in focus, training institutions were established to meet such demands with troops trained in batches. Numerous Exercises have taken place to that effects.
4. Most of you seem to forget the nature of counter terrorism is fluid and ever evolving with several adaptations by a determined enemy whose sole motivation is divine. I got my first baptism after commissioning in the creeks and have also done time in the NE too and can only wish nobody encounters such enemies as experienced in the NE.
5. Even the US and allies involved in counter terrorism are still adapting despite how far they have come.
Finally looking back to how we were then and how far we have come, I don't think we have done so bad.The enemy is still out there and more should be done. African nations should be more proactive

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2017
Nigerian army Kamaz trucks delivering CS/VP3 "Big-Foots" to the front.

If you haven't seen this vehicle up-close before, i cannot emphasize what you are missing. They are glorious!!

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

The problem i've noticed with some Nigerians here boils down unfortunately to a lack of self-worth.

the fact that some Nigerians here suffer from delusions of grandeur doesn't mean those who tend to be realistic lack self worth. They are just being realistic.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 14, 2017
frumentius:

Word of advice to your leaders and diplomats, use a long spoon when dealing with the Chadians.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 14, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
I don't have an intention to derail but see the need to address this Brigade size exercise talk.
2.The last 'publicised' major exercise was Ologun meta in 2009 which was purely conventional exercise.
3.Fastward to 2010 military planners saw the need to adopt a fluid and dynamic concept with counter terrorism in focus, training institutions were established to meet such demands with troops trained in batches. Numerous Exercises have taken place to that effects.
4. Most of you seem to forget the nature of counter terrorism is fluid and ever evolving with several adaptations by a determined enemy whose sole motivation is divine. I got my first baptism after commissioning in the creeks and have also done time in the NE too and can only wish nobody encounters such enemies as experienced in the NE.
5. Even the US and allies involved in counter terrorism are still adapting despite how far they have come.
Finally looking back to how we were then and how far we have come, I don't think we have done so bad.The enemy is still out there and more should be done. African nations should be more proactive

Any person with 'half a brain' ordinarily would have no problem understanding this. However, even these are almost impossible to find in this thread.

Threat Assessments, there is no country in SSA which has developed the sort of capacity we have to deal with contemporary African threats.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Threat Assessments, there is no country in SSA which has developed the sort of capacity we have to deal with contemporary African threats.

Apart from the SADAC country who's entire military ethos is designed around fighting LICW. Or the East African country who has made immense gains in a certain coastal failed state, or another East African country who is fighting COIN and LICW in ~3 separate countries.

You yourself should know brigade sized exercises are relevant to COIN, because last I checked, you have a number of Brigades operating in the field.

You arent Asian, stop trying to save face.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:

Yes, Nigeria has shown immense growth over the length of the war in the N.E; in terms of equipment, training, doctrine, logistics, everything. No one would ever make a claim to the contrary. It would be absurd.

But to say that COIN negates the need for Brigade or Battalion level exercises is, ludicrous.

If you deploy a Brigade to the feild, then you need to have Brigades training to deploy as a Brigade to the feild.

The only argument against this would be to say "we only have deployments at the Coy/Bn level" in which case, yes, you would only need to train at that level. Case in point is South Africa, we adapted to the post apartheid level where the military thinking was that Battalion level deployments were going to be as big as it got, and thus for a very long time we only really trained at that level, apart from one annual Brigade Exercise. We are shifting away from that, but the point is that you train at the size you intend to deploy.

To be brutally honest, you guys technically have two Divisions in the field... which means that you should be having Divisional exercises.

Its not an insult; I am not besmirching the competence, intelligence or bravery of professional Soldiers. I am merely submitting my humble opinion on an obscure Nigerian image-board wink

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
patches689:

Yes, Nigeria has shown immense growth over the length of the war in the N.E; in terms of equipment, training, doctrine, logistics, everything. No one would ever make a claim to the contrary. It would be absurd.

But to say that COIN negates the need for Brigade or Battalion level exercises is, ludicrous.

If you deploy a Brigade to the feild, then you need to have Brigades training to deploy as a Brigade to the feild.

The only argument against this would be to say "we only have deployments at the Coy/Bn level" in which case, yes, you would only need to train at that level. Case in point is South Africa, we adapted to the post apartheid level where the military thinking was that Battalion level deployments were going to be as big as it got, and thus for a very long time we only really trained at that level, apart from one annual Brigade Exercise. We are shifting away from that, but the point is that you train at the size you intend to deploy.

To be brutally honest, you guys technically have two Divisions in the field... which means that you should be having Divisional exercises.

Its not an insult; I am not besmirching the competence, intelligence or bravery of professional Soldiers. I am merely submitting my humble opinion on an obscure Nigerian image-board wink
Nice submission boss , Coin hasn't jettisoned Formation exercise rather planners have managed to synchronize both concepts which is evident in our deployment with two divisions as you have rightly noted. I see this conflict as the ultimate exercise with numerous arms of the security architecture involved.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Any person with 'half a brain' ordinarily would have no problem understanding this. However, even these are almost impossible to find in this thread.

well said boss
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Why do you like to delude yourself? Do you live in this state permanently or its just something you only do in Nairaland?

Just because some countries don't have insurgents running around in daylight doesn't mean they don't have the capability/capabilities to deal with them. In fact the fact that they don't have those insurgents on the streets is something you should be envying with their security cluster because they have a capability to uproot them at infancy, something you obviously lacked.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
NPF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
New arrival
06:30 hrs today
Congrats naf

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
SANDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Hmmm......I must insist on an explanation. When did you compare other SSA armies and what were your results, please?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
IbnSultaan:
New arrival
Congrats naf

Is that another Mi35-M sir?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
Nice submission boss , Coin hasn't jettisoned Formation exercise rather planners have managed to synchronize both concepts which is evident in our deployment with two divisions as you have rightly noted. I see this conflict as the ultimate exercise with numerous arms of the security architecture involved.

It is not a nice submission sir.

That bone-head simply types rubbish without thinking. No matter the number of times it is explained to him.

Nobody has said COIN has jettisoned other types of training, Infact we recently had a battalion sized manoeuvre in Bauchi state recently. It was filmed by NTA and posted in this thread.

The problem with that individual is he is consumed with hate for Nigeria, which by the way i honestly enjoy, as such any has thrown away any sense of reasoning left in his pea sized brain.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
DaV8King:

Is that another Mi35-M sir?
Negative sir bird not from Moscow but Islamabad

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Remember that cost includes the cost for training and ammunition, also maintainance cost.

We also cannot compare the price of the Brazilian Helios to that of Nigeria. When contracts were signed been a significant factor.

Algerian1 should be able to answer how much they are paying for thier MI-28, since it is a recent purchase.

in the contract Algeria get 6 Mi-26T2 , 42 Mi-28N and the upgrade of 39 Mi-171Sh for 2.7 billion dollars.

iraki get 30 Mi-28 and 42 Pantsir-S1 air defense systems for 4,2 billion dollars ..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

It is not a nice submission sir.

That bone-head simply types rubbish without thinking. No matter the number of times it is explained to him.

Nobody has said COIN has jettisoned other types of training, Infact we recently had a battalion sized manoeuvre in Bauchi state recently. It was filmed by NTA and posted in this thread.

The problem with that individual is he is consumed with hate for Nigeria, which by the way i honestly enjoy, as such any has thrown away any sense of reasoning left in his pea sized brain.

Your mistake is that you think that I am driven by the same motivations as you.

Read my post, wherein do you see hatred for Nigeria?

Grow up

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fufubear: 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
IbnSultaan:
New arrival
Congrats naf

What is this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1, Fritz73, checkmatez and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.