Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5992932 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Nomenclature is irrelevant, what they have achieved should be your only concern.
They are still new unlike other legendary units worldwide like the British SAS, US various units, Russian spetznaz, Israeli etc.

So their achievements are not my concern.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Covert1:

No Question. I might add arguably From Cape To Cairo. Algeria has shown capacity but it's scorched methodology of COIN takes no prisoners.

The Algerian method is crazy, but it works. The In Amenas gas plant hostage situation was a direct message to the terrorists. We will kill you and your hostages. grin grin

Terror attacks in Algeria are also hard to track, but the army seems to be doing a good job in all. Over 20 years fighting terror, you learn a thing or two.

The guys in Egypt on the other hand are simply messing up. With the sort of military they have, one of the largest in the world, and a significant Israeli buffer on the other side, you'd expect they'll be better.

That's unfortunately not the case.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

We make those like we are harvesting yam. It is not seasonal.

That's really what i love the most, Nigerian fighter pilots are all so young it is impressive. As we assets continue to come in and mission pile up, we can only continue to go up.

At this pace, we might need to hire fighter pilots to other countries.

You bet, sure thing! Not new to us. If the money is right methinks is better we create our own Air Combat Stations there and provide tactical air missions over-lay and hire our instructor pilots to help them build the critically missing capacity.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
MikeCZA:
They are still new unlike other legendary units worldwide like the British SAS, US various units, Russian spetznaz, Israeli etc.

So their achievements are not my concern.

Yes, they are new. However those guys have operated extensively in the Niger-Delta, the North-East, Mali, Ivory Coast and Gambia. Including in Cameroon, Tchad and Niger.

So yeah, i insist, nomenclature is irrelevant, what they have achieved in the short time should be your only concern.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Covert1:

You bet, sure thing! Not new to us. If the money is right methinks is better we create our own Air Combat Stations there and provide tactical air missions over-lay and hire our instructor pilots to help them build the critically missing capacity.

Money continues to be a significant limiting factor for us. I guess we would have to see how things progress.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

The Algerian method is crazy, but it works. The In Amenas gas plant hostage situation was a direct message to the terrorists. We will kill you and your hostages. grin grin

Terror attacks in Algeria are also hard to track, but the army seems to be doing a good job in all. Over 20 years fighting terror, you learn a thing or two.

The guys in Egypt on the other hand are simply messing up. With the sort of military they have, one of the largest in the world, and a significant Israeli buffer on the other side, you'd expect they'll be better.

That's unfortunately not the case.

It does work but not sophisticated but the hell who cares. Indeed Algeria has for too long been at the bitter end of Islamafascists terrorists and understand their psyche which is that: Terrorists Are Unforgiving. It is kill them all and ask no questions. Amenas and every other engagement makes that point clear. Foreign Powers don't bother to question cos there's no need. Egypt will always be challenged even if it buys all the hear in the world. It is what it is an Arab army albeit better than the rest.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Yes, they are new. However those guys have operated extensively in the Niger-Delta, the North-East, Mali, Ivory Coast and Gambia. Including in Cameroon, Tchad and Niger.

So yeah, i insist, nomenclature is irrelevant, what they have achieved in the short time should be your only concern.

Henry u bother to answer? Pls leave matter.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

what have they achieved?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Money continues to be a significant limiting factor for us. I guess we would have to see how things progress.

Money would always be tight. It is a common factor. I don't see any radical shift in the short term. We have mouths to feed. But the services are making good with what they get at least in this dispensation.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
.. ..

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2017
Malian troops and French in Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
Tchadians and French in Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
patches689:

Why lie?

What purpose does it serve?

Have some self-respect

Look here dude, am not in your group of boxers throwing punches here, when Nigerians came up with 12 su30 Russian aeroplanes purchase I did not spare them, I insisted it was wrong it as if I am enemy of NAF buying su30 jet planes, you did not call me a liar that time. Dont loop me in your endless loop, because you as a person, you personally love to tell lies, that does not make everybody else a liar like you. South African military big Generals came to Abuja ship house to trick DHQ to reveal all millennium anti-terror war secrets of defeating Boko Haram to them via mutual training exchange program, but NDHQ denied. Simple as ABC.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Look here dude, am not in your group of boxers throwing punches here, when Nigerians came up with 12 su30 Russian aeroplanes purchase I did not spare them, I insisted it was wrong it as if I am enemy of NAF buying su30 jet planes, you did not call me a liar that time. Dont loop me in your endless loop, because you as a person, you personally love to tell lies, that does not make everybody else a liar like you. South African military big Generals came to Abuja ship house to trick DHQ to reveal all millennium anti-terror war secrets of defeating Boko Haram to them via mutual training exchange program, but NDHQ denied. Simple as ABC.

Sounds like Augustine is back

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
SupremeCourt:

[s]Look here dude, am not in your group of boxers throwing punches here, when Nigerians came up with 12 su30 Russian aeroplanes purchase I did not spare them, I insisted it was wrong it as if I am enemy of NAF buying su30 jet planes, you did not call me a liar that time. Dont loop me in your endless loop, because you as a person, you personally love to tell lies, that does not make everybody else a liar like you. South African military big Generals came to Abuja ship house to trick DHQ to reveal all millennium anti-terror war secrets of defeating Boko Haram to them via mutual training exchange program, but NDHQ denied. Simple as ABC.[/s]

You write like augustine "south african military big generals", "millenium anti-terror war secrets"

Can you prove a single thing you have said?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
ssaengine:

Sounds like Augustine is back

Holy sh1t, I was thinking the exact same thing

Hive-mind

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Can you please stop messing up this thread? Nigeria did not confirm mi-35m order until Ship House got reports from Nigerian military procurement team that inspected Roovalik flying in South Africa, it was reported that the equipment on the Roovalik were 10 to 20 year old backward technology, then Roovalik missile was fired and totally missed target as reported, that means it can kill innocent civilians by missing target, so NAF refused to pay $30 million for such bad things when 2017 latest technology equal to Russian air force was available on mi-35m hinde and the missiles are accurate when tested.

South African Roovalik company was desperate to grab the $360 million deal from NAF. It was very early 2016 the Roovalik was rejected and very late 2016 mi-35m order was signed for 12 helicopters, first 2 were paid for as allowed by 2016-17 budget. The man who made NAFs final decision based on sophistication of technology and effectiveness of guiding missiles was Air Marshal Abubakar a world class qualified war helicopter fighting pilot, the same man wearing dark glasses in pilots uniform below, not ignorant people like you dying of jealousy. Please let this matter rest.

Lol, i just saw this

Its him

Only he could try to argue with ~4 different sources

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
SupremeCourt:
I hate to trade words but we should not bury our heads in sand like ostriches just because dem say make we no talk true. In the whole of Africa only Algeria and Nigeria have 2000 millenium large scale war experience and assorted light equipment and air flight mapping planes specially tailored for anti-terrorism. Libya is also getting good experience slowly, achieving much with little equipment. It was 2015 Abuja, big class military generals from South Africa invited themselves to Ship House, big cars drove in entourage with mission to request joint military training and exchange programme with Nigeria to tap the new millenium age rich experience from NA, NAF, NN, MOPOL, DSS on secrets of how they defeated Boko Haram despite arms embargo from USA, EU, NATO.

Unfortunately the Nigerian DHQ knew the mission and stylishly nicely respectfully denied the South Africans, they refused to share new millenium war knowledge and instead said we can both train freshmen entery level in exchange program, they barred any war experienced Nigerian from the South African exchange programme. I asked the junior officers why their bosses played that game on a fellow AU member, they said South African military wants to reap where they did not sow, but whatever that means, I probed no further, to me it was too harsh a manner to hide secrets from an AU member, terrorists are everybody's enemy. Why refuse to share Boko Haram secrets with an AU member? I dont get it, or is it about money, did the South Africans ask for freebies?

Then what was Eeben Barlow doing with 72 Strike force just before your elections?! Fyi,he ain't Chinese!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Fav Pics: Smile Soldier We Won The Battle. Hunting Defeated Boko Haram Terrorists And Winning The Peace.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Just because some countries don't have insurgents running around in daylight doesn't mean they don't have the capability/capabilities to deal with them. In fact the fact that they don't have those insurgents on the streets is something you should be envying with their security cluster because they have a capability to uproot them at infancy, something you obviously lacked.

No army can be trusted without being tested in modern age anti-terror war. Kenyans and Ugandans were mocking Nigeria's early failure with Boko Haram, until Somalia terrorist gangs began to post many You Tube videos of how uneducated jihadists demolished Ugandan and Kenyan army bases, killed their soldiers, army officers ran away, and jihadists took over huge stock of weapons loaded in whole army bases. Since then, no Kenyan or Ugandan laughs at Nigerian army again, after lesson learn. No army can be trusted until it is tested in real shooting war on terror.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:
Nigeria COIN

There is no country in SSA which has developed the sort of capacity we have to deal with contemporary African threats.

I'm going to have to step in here cause this is the shyt that ruined ToT as someone just said. Fyi,your Ship house boys were at DoD hq just after the Kismayu takedown requesting 2 things;
the tactical playbook
some KDF specops on scene in Mali to assist in N.A. ops.
They went and advised a BIG NO! Too many players and complicated politics. I DON'T TALK OUT MY ARSE,FIND A COLONEL OR HIGHER RANK TO CONFIRM THAT AT YOUR END.
Also sector 2, S Somalia is way bigger than your North East and is quiet, and has been since 2012. El Adde was outside the sector and was due to the carelessness of the coy commander as I said before.
I admit the KAF needs lift and fast jets but DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING NEAR OUR KDF EQUIPMENT? ? Light and heavy gunships,SCAR H not to mention non tac basics like proper pay. A KDF soldier on any level gets 4x his Naij counterpart. A private gets just under 50 k ksh, about 500 $ monthly with 50% more in combat. On all levels the pay disparity between our 2 nations is similar.
Stick to your NASF (what does that even mean?) pics instead of commenting cause your milItary knowledge sounds like the guy who SHOULD BE IN CHARGE OF THE MESS REPAIR KIT OR THE DUTY (cleaning) SQUAD AT THE DOG SECTION!!

Look what the KDF did on the fly. No time for a complicated fireplan just a hasty movement to action.

Officers from the Kenya Defence Force (KDF), the General Service Unit, and the Administration Police rescued the PS about 45 minutes after she and five other top government officials were kidnapped by the gunmen at Milihoi along the Lamu-Mpeketoni highway.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001247388/ps-mariam-el-maawy-rescued-by-kdf-after-being-abducted-by-al-shabaab

Can the N.A. react so decisively,so quickly? HONESTLY? Hell no!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 7:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
kikuyu1:

Then what was Eeben Barlow doing with 72 Strike force just before your elections?! Fyi,he ain't Chinese!

Did Eeben train air force pilots, navy commandos, and 100,000 Nigerian army troops including over 5,000 special boys trained in commando war in Pakistan, Belarus, Israel? In 6 weeks Eeben trained all Nigerian war machinery? Is 72 strike force of 200 men equal to entire armed forces of Nigeria? Do you know the meaning of the word 'Army'?

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
kikuyu1:

We've made some mistakes due to corruption and bad leadership. Nigeria has a country should have never requested for eeben Barlow's assistance.
In terms of training, we had it but the guys morale was do down. They played politics with terrorism and our troops were under armed.

I want you to know if it was an invasion by a foreign military, such thing won't happen. BHT was politically motivated and the military and defence chiefs then were full of corruption.

The Nigerian military now is undergoing alot of reforms and we've seen great developments. However, the fact that BHT made joke of our military then still remains in the news. The Nigerian military however still hold it's position as one of the best in Africa.

The government needs to review it's procurement policies and fasten up things. Those Yahbon flash UAV, the JF17. We need more things from the Navy, I'm interested in that SSV as that will challenge NN for AA, ashw etc.

Some of these arguments here are unnecessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
kikuyu1:

[s]I'm going to have to step in here cause this is the shyt that ruined ToT as someone just said. Fyi,your Ship house boys were at DoD hq just after the Kismayu takedown requesting 2 things;
the tactical playbook
some KDF specops on scene in Mali to assist in N.A. ops.
They went and advised a BIG NO! Too many players and complicated politics. I DON'T TALK OUT MY ARSE,FIND A COLONEL OR HIGHER RANK TO CONFIRM THAT AT YOUR END.
Also sector 2, S Somalia is way bigger than your North East and is quiet, and has been since 2012. El Adde was outside the sector and was due to the carelessness of the coy commander as I said before.
I admit the KAF needs lift and fast jets but DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING NEAR OUR KDF EQUIPMENT? ? Light and heavy gunships,SCAR H not to mention non tac basics like proper pay. A KDF soldier on any level gets 4x his Naij counterpart. A private gets just under 50 k ksh, about 500 $ monthly with 50% more in combat. On all levels the pay disparity between our 2 nations is similar.
Stick to your NASF (what does that even mean?) pics instead of commenting cause your milItary knowledge sounds like the guy who SHOULD BE IN CHARGE OF THE MESS REPAIR KIT OR THE DUTY (cleaning) SQUAD AT THE DOG SECTION!!

Look what the KDF did on the fly. No time for a complicated fireplan just a hasty movement to action.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001247388/ps-mariam-el-maawy-rescued-by-kdf-after-being-abducted-by-al-shabaab

Can the N.A. react so decisively,so quickly? HONESTLY? Hell no[/s]

Your military being paid #1M and ours being paid #400k doesn't mean your guys are well better than ours in welfare. In your country, #1m naira may buy a Camry while and in Nigeria, you can buy a Prado. It's just common sense.

in Nigeria, you'll get a stick sweet for 5# and here in China at 55-60#

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
upko1:

Its better I sound crude than lost.

For a peace time country, south africa is surely kicking asx, forget plenty grammar.
See truth talk am.

They hold brigade sized exercises because
They can
They are serious
Learnt from our horrible mess of a peace time military.

Bye.
am liking this guy... you're realistic but the sad truth is that you're pouring valuable water on a rock.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
MikeCZA:
You enjoy putting these rubb..ish here.
What are "contemporary African threats"?
Africa is not a country.
Let it go, Just ignore him, all he has are words. That's all he'll ever have.
Let's not repeat what happened earlier this week.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
NAF GRADUATES 298 REGIMENT PERSONNEL TRAINED IN SPECIAL WARFARE

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has graduated another batch of 298 regiment personnel trained in special warfare by the British Military Assistance Training Team (BMATT). Of the graduating personnel, 235 went through the Basic Regiment Airmen's Course to enhance their capacity for airfield defence. The additional six-week special warfare course was aimed at developing the capacity of personnel in force protection in complex air ground environment. Some of the personnel also received classes on instructional techniques to enable them train other NAF personnel in special warfare.

Speaking at the graduation ceremony, the Guest of Honour, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, reiterated the commitment of the NAF to human capacity development. The CAS noted that the special warfare training became necessary to protect the limited resources available, including critical air assets, to undertake the NAF's statutory responsibilities. He urged graduands to optimize the gains of their training in such a way that it would add value to the society, assuring them of the NAF's continued commitment to the creation of a conducive environment for training and effective discharge of their duties. Air Marshal Abubakar further charged the graduating regiment personnel to have respect for the rule of law and human rights in the discharge of their duties. “Our social contract with the Nigerian people is one we cannot afford to take for granted, especially now that much more responsibilities are vested in us”, he said.

In their remarks, both the Chairman Senate Committee on Air Force, who was represented by Senator Aliyu Wakili, and the Chairman House Committee on Air Force, Honourable Samson Okwu, were full of praises for the NAF leadership owing to the evident progress made by the NAF in recent times. They also promised to continue doing their best to encourage the NAF by giving every necessary support. Given the importance of bases in the air power delivery matrix, the training would enable the regiment personnel to respond to a wide range of situations that might threaten NAF bases across the country. To further demonstrate the importance attached to regiment training, it would be recalled that the CAS only recently joined the NAF Regiment personnel during a bush exercise organised in Kaduna. A total of 66 instructors from BMATT were involved in the training programme.

DOPRI

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
IbnSultaan:
Super Mushak light trainer kitted for precision strikes with laser guided missiles & an electro optical targeting system.

excellent for COIN and border patrol and even ISR.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2017

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2017

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
kikuyu1:

Can the N.A. react so decisively,so quickly? HONESTLY? Hell no!!

Dry ! No big deal, npf has done alot of this. NPF Red Lion of the west and SARS Skynet.(skynet has some elite officers not just the usual SARS) They've performed alot of this.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
lionel4power:
excellent for COIN and border patrol and even ISR.
COIN? i doubt we will use them. they can perforn armed ISR tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.