Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,167 members, 7,860,183 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6028242 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:03am On Aug 04, 2017
jln115:

You mean how you choose to waste it!!

Actually, yes!

How we choose to waste it, is none of your business. cool cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2017
Let's cut it out, asseblief.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2017
jln115:

Dude how much do you think it costs to maintain a single engine prop aircraft??

Let do some simple math:

Lets say your Tucanos last 10000 flying hours( that's pushing it, will more likely be around 5000-6000 in 30 years)

Average cost per hour is about $500p/h ......but for the sake of this argument we can push it up to $800 to include our fixed and other costs as well like training and weapon costs.

800×10000=800000

Plus the base cost which is $15 mil for the latest Tucano.

That equals $23 mil per aircraft........yet you are paying almost triple that??

Add training and armaments. And a load of other costs I can’t think of.
Stop fussing about it anyways.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Add training and armaments. And a load of other costs I can’t think of.
Stop fussing about it anyways.
I did read my post!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

Actually, yes!

How we choose to waste it, is none of your business. cool cool
Wow I'm glad we don't have the same mind set down here.....when our government waste money the media rips them apart.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 04, 2017
jln115:

I did read my post!!
I read your post, did you pull those figures out of an operating manual you so happen to possess at your home?
Let’s not make this unnecessarily long, the deal might not get approval anyways.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I read your post, did you pull those figures out of an operating manual you so happen to possess at your home?
Let’s not make this unnecessarily long, the deal might not get approval anyways.

It would get approved for sure.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:03am On Aug 04, 2017
jln115:

Wow I'm glad we don't have the same mind set down here.....when our government waste money the media rips them apart.

This post is more of a comic relief than anything else.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:12am On Aug 04, 2017
jln115:

Not now chief. Not now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

You don’t know that, nothing is for sure until it’s for sure. wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nyaber33: 10:03am On Aug 04, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I used the facts that were on hand....anyway as kabe1 said it's none of my business what you spend your money on, but truth be told is I actually want to see African militaries living up to their potential including Nigeria, thus ill much rather like to see NAF fielding 20+ JF17 than 12 Tucano which cost the same price
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I used the facts that were on hand....anyway as kabe1 said it's none of my business what you spend your money on, but truth be told is I actually want to see African militaries living up to their potential including Nigeria, ttus ill much rather like to see NAF fielding 20+ JF17 than 12 Tucano which cost the same price
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Not now chief. Not now
Chill bro im not here to start anything wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

The deal will get approved. The latest Boko Haram kidnappings and bombings have ensured that. The deal is more than just planes. Look at an item called training, how much is that per pilot. Look at building of hangars, look at big store rooms of spare parts, look at US instructors and maintenance personnel, look at the training of maintenance personnel. The cost is not an issue. My problem is more serious.

Every hour those planes are in the air they will be partially working for the CIA , mapping, looking and reporting. It is a risk we may have to live with and manage within our own internal store of knowledge and wisdom.
I would suggest keeping the entire Tucano architecture independent of existing comms network and having secure protocols for information within our command and control .

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Troop101: 10:13am On Aug 04, 2017
ActivateKruger:
Let's cut it out, asseblief.
dai is n fokken dom Nigerian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 04, 2017
Adminisher:

The deal will get approved. The latest Boko Haram kidnappings and bombings have ensured that. The deal is more than just planes. Look at an item called training, how much is that per pilot. Look at building of hangars, look at big store rooms of spare parts, look at US instructors and maintenance personnel, look at the training of maintenance personnel. The cost is not an issue. My problem is more serious.

Every hour those planes are in the air they will be partially working for the CIA , mapping, looking and reporting. It is a risk we may have to live with and manage within our own internal store of knowledge and wisdom.
I would suggest keeping the entire Tucano architecture independent of existing comms network and having secure protocols for information within our command and control .
Let’s be honest the CIA doesn’t need to go through the sress of bugging those planes to do what you’re concerned about.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by cutievik: 10:42am On Aug 04, 2017
jln115:

I used the facts that were on hand....anyway as kabe1 said it's none of my business what you spend your money on, but truth be told is I actually want to see African militaries living up to their potential including Nigeria, thus ill much rather like to see NAF fielding 20+ JF17 than 12 Tucano which cost the same price
You are right bro, Iraq got about 20 Tucano's for 425million dollars including spares, ammos, and missiles am sure our 12 wouldn't come with missiles yet we are paying this much,look within and tell me it makes any sense.... It sucks

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2017
cutievik:
You are right bro, Iraq got about 20 Tucano's for 425million dollars including spares, ammos, and missiles am sure our 12 wouldn't come with missiles yet we are paying this much,look within and tell me it makes any sense.... It sucks

It includes hangers, aviation equipment/infrastructure, maintenance apart from training and ammunition, which would include precision guided ammo.

This is what comes with operating a 4th the generation aircraft. Even in the West, upgrades are being done to aviation infrastructure at no small cost to introduce 5th generation aircraft.

The sale also includes all associated training, spare parts, aviation and ground support equipment, and hangar, facilities, and infrastructure required to support the program, DSCA said in a statement Friday.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/20143/Trump_Administration_Approves_12_A_29_Super_Tucanos__Weapons_Sale_To_Nigeria_For__593M#.WYQTUajTVcs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2017
Adminisher:

CIA can compromise almost every bodies comms without much trouble , so ur fears r unfounded with respect to tucano only risk i see is sanctions

they have a entire division with futuristic tech for conducting off the air ELINT , COMINT , SIGINT , ESM activities without anybody being wiser.

one example is their ELINT satellites in LEO orbits
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2017
cutievik:
Exactly my point!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2017
rka2:

It includes hangers, aviation equipment/infrastructure, maintenance apart from training and ammunition, which would include precision guided ammo.

This is hat comes with operating a 4th the generation aircraft. Even in the West, upgrades are being done to aviation infracture at no small cost to introduce 5th generation combat aircraft.

I wonder why this is so difficult to understand. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2017
nemesis2u:

CIA can compromise almost every bodies comms without much trouble , so ur fears r unfounded with respect to tucano only risk i see is sanctions

they have a entire division with futuristic tech for conducting off the air ELINT , COMINT , SIGINT , ESM activities without anybody being wiser.

one example is their ELINT satellites in LEO orbits

You are saying in essence is, the rest of the world is bleeped and at the mercy of the CIA as regards Intel?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

I wonder why this is so difficult to understand. undecided undecided

It's crazy really.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2017
jln115:

The JF-17 deal is a done deal, it appears in the national budget right under the Mi-35m, I think the delay is from Pakistan.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

You are saying in essence is, the rest of the world is bleeped and at the mercy of the CIA as regards Intel?

unfortunately yes

do u know CIA has SIGINT station inside china to snoop on russia

every submarine cable around the world is tapped , they have a specialized submarine for that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by cutievik: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

yes bro, I can bet even ur presidents phone calls are bugged grin.... Those guys are Bastards
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:36am On Aug 04, 2017
cutievik:
yes bro, I can bet even ur presidents phone calls are bugged grin.... Those guys are Bastards

I guess we can all call it a day and go home.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2017
nemesis2u:

unfortunately yes

do u know CIA has SIGINT station inside china to snoop on russia

every submarine cable around the world is tapped , they have a specialized submarine for that

That's crazy. US capacity to do serious damage is really under-estimated.

Isn't SIGNIT an area the Russians are also very good at?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

if u want u can start here https://www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments/212#58814902 and read the next 3/4 pages

it has detailed info from Indian companies related to all kinds of snooping technology

and Americans r 100 maybe 1000 times much better than that grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2017
nemesis2u:

if u want u
and Americans r 100 maybe 1000 times much better than that grin

Thank you Sir.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2017
According to this Botswana was the largest importer of military hardware from France in 2016 (€304.2 million)

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-48813/

(1) (2) (3) ... (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.