Stats: 3,165,154 members, 7,860,139 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6028152 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
rka2:

It includes hangers, aviation equipment/infrastructure, maintenance apart from training and ammunition, which would include precision guided ammo.

This is what comes with operating a 4th the generation aircraft. Even in the West, upgrades are being done to aviation infrastructure at no small cost to introduce 5th generation aircraft.

The sale also includes all associated training, spare parts, aviation and ground support equipment, and hangar, facilities, and infrastructure required to support the program, DSCA said in a statement Friday.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/20143/Trump_Administration_Approves_12_A_29_Super_Tucanos__Weapons_Sale_To_Nigeria_For__593M#.WYQTUajTVcs

They could have included an entire submarine with the deal, its still a rip off. But like they say, its your money. Enjoy.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

That's crazy. US capacity to do serious damage is really under-estimated.

Isn't SIGNIT an area the Russians are also very good at?

Russians r there, but where is the money ?

Russians can give a fair fight but as i said where is the money grin

SIGINT is just a part of the ESM and i believe at present their capabilities r localized (not worldwide) due to scarcity of funds, though they have the capability.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by cutievik: 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
kabe1:

Thank you Sir.
Mr kabe have u wondered why almost all phones have a Front camera??�that's a secret bro.. They can see u if they want to.... From ur previously uploaded pictures on line, phone,laptops and so on, ask Edward Snowden why he left the NSA u wud be shocked on what he reported, there was an incident i think in 2003 when an American vessel was hijacked off Somalia coast by local[color=#000000][/color]pirates guess what! the CIA through the navy intelligence that responded to d distress call called each pirate by his name, fooled them and got them arrested.... This guy's didn't have internet access or where either on social media, or on social security or had an bank account they were just a local bunch but from their voice and a picture God knows how they traced each one out.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
SAN Project Hotel vessel. Construction meant to start next year. 60% local requirement during construction.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
ssaengine:

They could have included an entire submarine with the deal, its still a rip off. But like they say, its your money. Enjoy.

I suppose you were there when the deal was penned. undecided Anyway I will enjoy, thank you grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
SAN OPV preferred bidder. Funding has been moved to 2018/2019 financial year.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2017
rka2:

I suppose you were there when the deal was penned. undecided Anyway I will enjoy, thank you grin

I could have been on vacation on the moon. The only thing that matters is the $600 million price tag. Thats the final result. Its a pleasure.

American defence procurements are generally very overpriced, primarily because of the engineering methodology they follow during design and testing. (I'm talking in general now, not specifically about this deal)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
ssaengine:

Do you have an idea when we could have those built and delivered?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Do you have an idea when we could have those built and delivered?

Probably build 2019, deliver 2020-2021

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

The JF-17 deal is a done deal, it appears in the national budget right under the Mi-35m, I think the delay is from Pakistan.
Yes and?? I never said it wasn't!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gripenc: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
ssaengine:

And don't forget the Damen FCS 5009 IPV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
cutievik:
You are right bro, Iraq got about 20 Tucano's for 425million dollars including spares, ammos, and missiles am sure our 12 wouldn't come with missiles yet we are paying this much,look within and tell me it makes any sense.... It sucks

Guided bombs. You know how much those cost? Those aircrafts won't be dropping dumb bombs all around.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway75: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
I'm not sure why some of us are supporting this deal. Its a complete rip off. Be reminded that this aircraft fulfills only one role - ground attack. For a cash strapped Nigeria we should be acquiring multirole platforms. Regardless of the inclusion of training, spare parts, aviation and ground support equipment, and hangar, facilities, and infrastructure required to support the program, this is awoof money to US industries. Cutievik says Iraq got 20 for $425m including all necessary accessories and support. It is my firm belief that our $600m deal will not be as juicy as the Iraqi deal and we will see this before our very eyes when they are supplied and start operations.
This penchant for made in America weapons is bewildering.
Again we have lost the opportunity with this deal to acquire air superiority aircrafts. Algerians and Ugandan SUs, Morocann F16s or even South African Gripens will run air superiority over Nigerian airspace and we'll do nothing but stare.
THis is what happens when we shy away from open bid procurement processes.

Make we dey analyse something with open eye, leave unnecessary arguments

tdayof:

Guided bombs. You know how much those cost? Those aircrafts won't be dropping dumb bombs all around.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
tdayof:

let dem remove d guided bomb,y would NAF go for 12 propeller aircraft for a whopping $600mln dey lost focus. 50mln per aircraft god will not forgive dem if try it

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
Deway75:
I'm not sure why some of us are supporting this deal. Its a complete rip off. Be reminded that this aircraft fulfills only one role - ground attack. For a cash strapped Nigeria we should be acquiring multirole platforms. Regardless of the inclusion of training, spare parts, aviation and ground support equipment, and hangar, facilities, and infrastructure required to support the program, this is awoof money to US industries. Cutievik says Iraq got 20 for $425m including all necessary accessories and support. It is my firm belief that our $600m deal will not be as juicy as the Iraqi deal and we will see this before our very eyes when they are supplied and start operations.
This penchant for made in America weapons is bewildering.
Again we have lost the opportunity with this deal to acquire air superiority aircrafts. Algerians and Ugandan SUs, Morocann F16s or even South African Gripens will run air superiority over Nigerian airspace and we'll do nothing but stare.
THis is what happens when we shy away from open bid procurement processes.

Make we dey analyse something with open eye, leave unnecessary arguments

naf isn't dumb to buy at an expensive price If there's no need. There's obviously a reason we don't know moreover. Hanger, training, life cycle and weapons and others should amount to up to 500m depending on configuration.

Anyway we're all judging from internet source.

Moreover without an official confirmation, it still doesn't make sense.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
giles14:
let dem remove d guided bomb,y would NAF go for 12 propeller aircraft for a whopping $600mln dey lost focus. 50mln per aircraft god will not forgive dem if try it

When they said we're getting a SSV, some people here asked for an official confirmation. So @giles, we know NAF will surely report after this and tell us how she spent our money. Let us wait for an official confirmation which will likely be after the arrival of the aircrafts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
tdayof:

When they said we're getting a SSV, some people here asked for an official confirmation. So @giles, we know NAF will surely report after this and tell us how she spent our money. Let us wait for an official confirmation which will likely be after the arrival of the aircrafts.
Actually it doesn’t get more official than this all we have to wait for now is confirmation from US Congress.

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/government-nigeria-29-super-tucano-aircraft-weapons-and-associated-support

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Actually it doesn’t get more official than this all we have to wait for now is confirmation from US Congress.

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/government-nigeria-29-super-tucano-aircraft-weapons-and-associated-support

Good. I have nothing to say. It's better than naf not procuring anything and we not knowing there's one 600M that could have been used for procurement.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
rka2:

It includes hangers, aviation equipment/infrastructure, maintenance apart from training and ammunition, which would include precision guided ammo.

This is what comes with operating a 4th the generation aircraft. Even in the West, upgrades are being done to aviation infrastructure at no small cost to introduce 5th generation aircraft.

The sale also includes all associated training, spare parts, aviation and ground support equipment, and hangar, facilities, and infrastructure required to support the program, DSCA said in a statement Friday.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/20143/Trump_Administration_Approves_12_A_29_Super_Tucanos__Weapons_Sale_To_Nigeria_For__593M#.WYQTUajTVcs
We will build our hangar ourself. The deal is a rip off.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
ssaengine:

Probably build 2019, deliver 2020-2021

How I wish there were at least 5 instead of the 3... The Asians are molesting our waters around Prince Edward Islands.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
cutievik:
You are right bro, Iraq got about 20 Tucano's for 425million dollars including spares, ammos, and missiles am sure our 12 wouldn't come with missiles yet we are paying this much,look within and tell me it makes any sense.... It sucks
And according to BBC, Nigeria's Tucano will come with the most "basic configuration". Meaning, it will be stripped down of every modern avionics before it is sold to us just like they did on our Alpha Jets.
Did you know that Cameroonians Alpha Jets have more advanced avionics than Nigeria's even though they were built by the same company? Nigeria's Alpha Jets can't fire laser guided missiles only dumb bombs and we probably bought ours at exorbitant price.
In short, the Tucano deal, I think, is a blo*dy rip off.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39564855

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

It is still a better deal than $2.1 billion that was used to buy 4 alpha jet and 3 used Mi 24 and 50+ T72 MBT.

All I can say is that we have improved.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
Xbee007:

And according to BBC, Nigeria's Tucano will come with the most "basic configuration". Meaning, it will be stripped down of every modern avionics before it is sold to us just like they did on our Alpha Jets.
Did you know that Cameroonians Alpha Jets have more advanced avionics than Nigeria's even though they were built by the same company? Nigeria's Alpha Jets can't fire laser guided missiles only dumb bombs and we probably bought ours at exorbitant price.
In short, the Tucano deal, I think, is a blo*dy rip off.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39564855

That is old news:

"These aircraft offer improved targeting capabilities, allowing Nigeria to more effectively lead the fight against Boko Haram and the ISIS West Africa branch, while also potentially reducing risks of collateral damage and civilian casualties,” the source said, using an acronym for the Islamic State group"

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2017/08/03/us-approves-a-29-super-tucano-sale-to-nigeria/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
IMHO
I will wait till i hear from the main sources : The Chief of Air staff Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar , based on his record of 2015- 2017. He has proved himself to know what he is doing.
Regardless of costs it is very evident that Nigeria needs these AIRCRAFT because what Nigeria has is not specifically designed for this kind of conflict, having said that this deal still has many hurdles to pass before it comes to fruition so biko/ jo/ Dan Allah let us all exercise patience.
The article quoted amongst other things that is in America's overall interests to sell the Planes to Nigeria, It will come with UPGRADES AND SOPHISTICATED GADGETS that will be responsible for precision and accuracy which means it will not be of basic configuration.
Again make una exercise patience story just begin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
Maybe is the spare parts that make it 600M$ the airforce doesnt want any of this spare parts issue again ...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
iblawi:

It is still a better deal than $2.1 billion that was used to buy 4 alpha jet and 3 used Mi 24 and 50+ T72 MBT.

All I can say is that we have improved.
Please prove this happened.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
LTGEN:
IMHO
I will wait till i hear from the main sources : The Chief of Air staff Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar , based on his record of 2015- 2017. He has proved himself to know what he is doing.
Regardless of costs it is very evident that Nigeria needs these AIRCRAFT because what Nigeria has is not specifically designed for this kind of conflict, having said that this deal still has many hurdles to pass before it comes to fruition so biko/ jo/ Dan Allah let us all exercise patience.
The article quoted amongst other things that is in America's overall interests to sell the Planes to Nigeria, It will come with UPGRADES AND SOPHISTICATED GADGETS that will be responsible for precision and accuracy which means it will not be of basic configuration.
Again make una exercise patience story just begin
Yes still is the best COIN aircraft in the world, and operating cost is very low
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EMW01: 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
African militaries should adopt strict open tendering processes that involve getting bids from different equipment manufacturers and whereby award of the tender is purely on merit ( performance, cost and delivery timelines). Government to government negotiations especially with the USA will leave us shortchanged. With no competition there is no incentive to reduce cost, transfer technology or deliver the much needed equipment quickly.

Take for example the recent KDF purchase of 12 MD530F aircraft for $253 million that translates to roughly $21 million per plane.This was awarded without an open and competitive process. On the other hand the USA had the Light Utility Helicopter program where the Euro copter UH-72 lakota won the contract beating the likes of MD helicopters, Bell and Augusta West land. The USA is acquiring 345 UH-72 for 3 billion USD translating to a mere $ 8.7 million per plane. This means we are paying almost 3 times as much for a helicopter that is inferior in all aspects compared to the UH-72 and funny enough the Americans are not buying their own plane.

Lets stop kidding ourselves that there is any value for money ,we are being milked dry by such contracts. The little money that we have to spare for military equipment should be used wisely and not wasted needlessly.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
cutievik:
actually iraq air force doesn't operate any Tucano aircraft
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Please prove this happened.

No need for that bro, am just happy that we have improved. grin grin grin

I still remember when we laughed at SA getting Gripens for $60m while we are getting Jf17 for half the price with just a little difference in terms of capabilities.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
newafricaken254:
actually iraq air force doesn't operate any Tucano aircraft
I believe he wanted to type Afghanistan.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
Police shooutshoout on the N2 freeway outside KwaMashu Township, Durban. 2 gang KIA.

STORY:

Gang of 5 thugs opened fire on a Police vehicle on the freeway while traveling in a stolen vehicle. Police killed 2 instantly, 1 caught and 2 fled the scene.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59