Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5978339 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:21pm On May 15, 2018
kikuyu1:
Wow! So Saffas had a Marine brigade til 1990! I had no idea. Especially when its now only a 2 coy unit.

Yep, and here they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrfksGA5kY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:29pm On May 15, 2018
lionel4power:

Is your Hawks weaponized, I have never come across a picture of it carrying bombs. Care your share any??

More than just "weaponized"

It uses link-ZA to form a "radar" that allows it to engage air-to-air targets, either for training (by simulating the targets) or for actual combat

ATE explains that the radar simulation air-to-air target generation has two modes: Virtual formations can be generated within the system itself and simulated as radar targets. This function allows for single-aircraft radar simulation exercises. Secondly, up to eight co-operating aircraft can acquire each other as radar targets through Link ZA, a digital network protocol that uses one of the Hawk's three Reutech Defence Industries ACR500 U/VHF radios. Link ZA ensures that every aircraft continuously transfers positional data to every other. This data is then processed by the mission computer on the co-operating aircraft in the network to render a real-time radar page. Displayable on any of the six multi-function displays (MFDs) in the LIFT's tandem glass cockpit, the radar page provides the pilot with radar target information, as if the aircraft were fitted with a real fire control radar system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVX-IW8GHF0

In the above video you can see something rarely talked of - a 30mm auto-cannon (Aden gun-pod) mounted on the Hawk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo07sE-UVko

In the above video you can see the SAAF Hawk using the 30mm on ground attack, with impressive accuracy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 1:40pm On May 15, 2018
Patchesagain:

More than just "weaponized"

It uses link-ZA to form a "radar" that allows it to engage air-to-air targets, either for training (by simulating the targets) or for actual combat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVX-IW8GHF0

In the above video you can see something rarely talked of - a 30mm auto-cannon (Aden gun-pod) mounted on the Hawk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo07sE-UVko

In the above video you can see the SAAF Hawk using the 30mm on ground attack, with impressive accuracy
Everything is hush-hush concerning your Hawks.

But the Hawks themselves don't have radar I'm I correct?

There was actually a time the British used their Hawks as a second line of defense.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 2:18pm On May 15, 2018
Hawk bombing runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AEHbswjug

That maneuver though shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 2:19pm On May 15, 2018
Hawk and Grip dropping ordinance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrUhUl-ml-E
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 15, 2018
lionel4power:

Is your Hawks weaponized, I have never come across a picture of it carrying bombs. Care your share any??
picture or video?

.... Never mind see patches has responded.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 2:21pm On May 15, 2018
lionel4power:

Everything is hush-hush concerning your Hawks.

But the Hawks themselves don't have radar I'm I correct?

There was actually a time the British used their Hawks as a second line of defense.

No, the data is transmitted digitally via Link-ZA (data-link) from nearby sensor nodes, be it ground based radar or Gripen and then displayed for the pilot like in any normal jet.

I am not sure as to just what capabilities this provides, I would assume it allows the Hawk to employ radar-guided weaponry as it can now feed targeting data to the weapon. I do know however that the Hawk 120 can fire IR missiles as standard.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 3:42pm On May 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 4:13pm On May 15, 2018
i just hope our tucanos and fourth generation fighters wont come in this camo. i am not an expert here, but i dont think a good military power paints its aircrafts in this camouflage. the US and other advanced nations do not paint their fighters in camouflage.

if i am wrong, pls correct me.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:21pm On May 15, 2018
MiddleDimension:
i just hope our tucanos and fourth generation fighters wont come in this camo. i am not an expert here, but i dont think a good military power paints its aircrafts in this camouflage. the US and other advanced nations do not paint their fighters in camouflage.

if i am wrong, pls correct me.

That's the ground attack tactical paint scheme. Air superiority FSBs are generally gray.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 15, 2018
AlgerianNavy Locally Made Missile #Corvette "Rais Hassan Barbiar

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 15, 2018
Algerian Air Force MI-24 Super Hind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 9:48pm On May 15, 2018
jln115:

Yeah your credentials are literally nowhere to be seen grin grin grin

Exactly so wouldnt´t be covert if it is would it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 15, 2018
Nigerian Police

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:52pm On May 15, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.