Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,356 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5999263 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (2847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 14, 2018
Henry240:

Not all high altitude jumps require oxygen. If the jumper is jumping from 18,000 feet, Oxygen is not required.

The jump Covert1 was referring to was from 12,000 feet in bad weather.
Then it's not a HAHO/HALO jump
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:09pm On May 14, 2018
Senior US Navy SEAL leaders in Africa suspended.

Action taken over alleged sexual misconduct

Its in their blood
CNN) - The commander and the senior enlisted adviser of a US Navy SEAL Team deployed to Africa have been relieved of their duties and sent home due to sexual misconduct allegations regarding multiple fellow US military female service members, a US defense official tells CNN.

"Special Operations Command Africa commander Maj. Gen. Mark Hicks suspended the Special Operations Command Forward - East Africa commander and senior enlisted adviser of their duties on May 10 due to allegations of misconduct," Maj. Casey Osborne, a spokesman for Special Operations Command Africa, told CNN.

"Gen. Hicks directed both individuals to return to their home station for further adjudication regarding the allegations," Osborne added, while .

https://www.kxly.com/news/national-n...nded/741051933

Konji na bastard
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 14, 2018
In military operations, HALO is used for delivering equipment, supplies, or personnel, while HAHO is generally used only for personnel. In typical HALO/HAHO insertions the troops jump from altitudes between 15,000 feet (4,600 m) and 35,000 feet (11,000 m)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-altitude_military_parachuting
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 14, 2018
Henry240:

I'm not here to prove anything to you. I only shared that picture for educational purposes.
What are you trying to educate? Hell im willing to bet you have no idea at which height that para trooper in your pic is jumping from!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:19pm On May 14, 2018
Instead of all this arguments, I rather go off topic

Nigerian presidential movement.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 14, 2018
Henry240:
In military operations, HALO is used for delivering equipment, supplies, or personnel, while HAHO is generally used only for personnel. In typical HALO/HAHO insertions the troops jump from altitudes between 15,000 feet (4,600 m) and 35,000 feet (11,000 m)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-altitude_military_parachuting
Wikipedia? really Henry?

You do know most normal civilian skydiving jumps are between 13000 and 15000 feet? not really High Altitude is it then?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:20pm On May 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

No actually it’s simple logic, something you can’t seem to grasp. NNSBS already qualify for static line jumps and and free fall jumps out of NAF C130s, why would they then be sent to Pakistan to receive the same training again?

Try this thing called thinking before you reply me this time around.
This is more or less hearsay without proof.

What we know is that NNSBS are in Pakistan to train. You and I don't know what they are training for. It could be for the anything. Or they might be sent in to train in batches.
i.e some haven't actually conducted any jumps prior to going to Pak****

But you just CONCLUDED that they went to Pakistan for HALO training without proof.

Understand that YOU ARE THE ONE MAKING THE CLAIMS WITHOUT PROOF AND NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

Maybe you're the one who needs the thinking cap on.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:22pm On May 14, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:25pm On May 14, 2018
ssaengine:

Some sources say there are around 8 Gripen pilots on base at any given day, with 2 Gripens apparently on 24 hour standby. But number of trained Gripen pilots is more than double that, as some pilots perform other duties at other bases, on different aircraft, then rotated back to 2 Squadron.

So your question can't really have a direct answer. What is "actively" flying? Pilots and airframes rotate.

Active flying as in combat ready, good to go.

So basically you guys don't know how many you have flying. Defense Nigeria keeps putting the number at 17 units.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:25pm On May 14, 2018
ssaengine:

It's a big deal for HAHO. Some pilots have passed out from lack of oxygen in the safety of their cockpit. So they definitely won't engineer a system for a jumper just "with a small bottle and breathing mask". He'll be brain dead by the time he reaches the ground if something goes wrong.

Anyways...
OBOGS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:39pm On May 14, 2018
jln115:

Jumps have to be done yearly to stay qualified even 4 Medical battalion does at the very least 1 HAHO/HALO jump a year.......however limited jumps are mitigated by our Jump simulators which we received a few years ago.
I don't know how frequently they jump to keep qualification but I just wanted you to know there are qualified men in our military

But how close is jump simulators to the real deal
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 14, 2018
lionel4power:

Active flying as in combat ready, good to go.

So basically you guys don't know how many you have flying. Defense Nigeria keeps putting the number at 17 units.
By that do you probably mean how many we can quickly scramble? or how much we can put in the air if we had time(1-2 Days) to prepare?

Is that what Defense Nigeria puts SAAFs number at?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:42pm On May 14, 2018
What is a HALO jump?

A military-style, High Altitude, Low Open parachute jump. At 30,000 feet, the temperature is somewhere around 25 to 35 degrees below zero. Without oxygen, you can expect to be usefully conscious about 30 seconds.

Note the Oxygen gear required for a HALO jump.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 14, 2018
lionel4power:

This is more or less hearsay without proof.
i posted pics of their grad ceremony as proof, please dont lecture me on proof mr comic book writer. when you claimed NAF F7s intercepted french mirage jets based in chad did you provide us with any evidence ?

lionel4power:

What we know is that NNSBS are in Pakistan to train. You and I don't know what they are training for. It could be for the anything. Or they might be sent in to train in batches.
i.e some haven't actually conducted any jumps prior to going to Pak****
again you are wrong, dont make comments on issue you know nothing about, all navy SBS personnel are qualified paratroopers

this guy... you literally don't think before you reply. anyways i don't have time to waste on you today, after i exposed you on bidexiii's thread you steered clear and didnt reply.

again you are wrong, something you are very good at.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:43pm On May 14, 2018
jln115:

By that do you probably mean how many we can quickly scramble? or how much we can put in the air if we had time(1-2 Days) to prepare?

Is that what Defense Nigeria puts SAAFs number at?

My question is simply how many airframe can you put in the air as on today, now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:43pm On May 14, 2018
Where does Augububu live in the US? Because I'm currently being scammed (via Facebook) by a "Bitcoin trader" from the US.... He writes very much like Augustine.

Also, he has a profile picture of a Caucasian male. grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:44pm On May 14, 2018
upko1:

Yes, you are correct
Not just Navy, a particular army unit as well, conducted jointly with the Pakistani SSG. Sadly there are no pictures of it publicly available. I have it on good account from a friend.
Thank you, I didn't know of the Army before.

I wish we can just replicate the training in country or what do you think

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:45pm On May 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
i posted pics of their grad ceremony as proof, please dont lecture me on proof mr comic book writer. when you claimed NAF F7s intercepted french mirage jets based in chad did you provide us with any evidence ?

again you are wrong, dont make comments on issue you know nothing about, all navy SBS personnel are qualified paratroopers

this guy... you literally don't think before you reply. anyways i don't have time to waste on you today, after i exposed you on bidexiii's thread you steered clear and didnt reply.

again you are wrong, something you are very good at.
You always find a way to leave a conversation and attack the personality.

Typical.

Provide proof of HALO or sod off.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:45pm On May 14, 2018
lionel4power:

My question is simply how many airframe can you put in the air as on today, now.

Here's your answer.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 11:45pm On May 14, 2018
jln115:

Where's the proof bro?

What is the meaning of SEAL?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 11:48pm On May 14, 2018
ActivateKruger:

Here's your answer.

This info-graph on SAAF is non-existent.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:50pm On May 14, 2018
ActivateKruger:

Here's your answer.
that's since 2016.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 11:50pm On May 14, 2018
This thread is always hostile undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:52pm On May 14, 2018
lionel4power:
that's since 2016.

We lost one Orxy last year. Besides that, the numbers haven't changed.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 14, 2018
lionel4power:

You always find a way to leave a conversation and attack the personality.

Typical.

Provide proof of HALO or sod off.
haha my guy say na “ sod off” undecided comic book writer
Enjoy the pictures, when you release your next comic please don’t fault to inform me, maybe we’ll be intercepting Algerian flankers this time around. grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:56pm On May 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
haha see my guy saying sod off undecided comic book writer
Please and please how does any of this four pictures suggest HALO.

all I see are navy men getting wings. It could even be certification for naval aviation for all we know.

Look below for how a HALO paratrooper is kitted.

Note the OBOGS.

The NNSBS HAS NEVER CLAIMED THEY CAN PERFORM BUT YOU STAY IN YOUR HOUSE AND SAY OTHERWISE.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:58pm On May 14, 2018
Covert1:
[s]Meanwhile with all the noise and no action translated on to a real-life battle situation from military pretenders who could do nothing about Zimbabwe, DRC, Burundi, Madagascar and has left the SADC drifting with totalitarian semantics—The Nigerian Air Force along with it's sister services the Army and Navy are getting the job done with proven assets from Africa's most extensive satellite capability to Africa's most sophisticated ISR capability to unmanned precision strike capability and sustained Air-RECCE & Interdiction in real-life battle spaces through direct military intervention and or military diplomacy/gunboat diplomacy (show of force/threat of the use of force) to get hardened dictators and non-state actors to acquiesce and capitulate to do Abuja's bidding as we saw in The Gambia and elsewhere in furtherance of Nigeria's national security imperatives which centerpiece is peace and security of the homeland and continent of Africa.[/s]

"We duh best cuz we got dat C-130 drop dem 12 guys in Gambia"

You are a literal child.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 14, 2018
Odunayaw:
I don't know how frequently they jump to keep qualification but I just wanted you to know there are qualified men in our military

But how close is jump simulators to the real deal
Pretty close apparently: http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44827&catid=111&Itemid=242

obviously still won't beat the real thing!

Well as Lionel put it hearsay isn't much proof but you said you are putting your reputation on the line and the fact you're not Henry or Covert so you actually still have one, I am open to the fact that you might have qualified men in your military.....however without proof I still can't say for sure that your Military has unit that is fully HAHO/HALO capable....seem fair to you??

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:59pm On May 14, 2018
Covert1:
at the recent NAF day celebrations some of these guys skydived from a C-130 Hercules at over 10,000 feet above sea level in bad weather.

Source?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 12:00am On May 15, 2018
In other news, snow is finally here. Me needs a Wakanda wearable blanket

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:05am On May 15, 2018
Odunayaw:
Except you want recorded conversations.

The fellow that told me passed SBS BOC/C 5 and had his HALO/HAHO in 2014 in Pakistan.

I really wish there was pictures

I think the thing is that we are talking about "units" qualified for HAHO/HALO and the domestic capacity to train units in HAHO/HALO

No doubt there are a number of your operators who received such qualifications while training abroad.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:05am On May 15, 2018
Covert1:

NNSBS regime involves months of training for SEAL capability qualification which includes HAHO/HALO. That's the much I can say.

It does exist in Nigeria. It is rare.

Proof pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (2847) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.