Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,049 members, 7,863,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034885 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2018
kikuyu1:

Breathlessly awaiting your expert critique.sir!
grin
Why you getting so worked up? I don't think the dude ever mentioned Kenya in his posts?

But for what it's worth i think Kenya makes smart acquisitions grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
jln115:

grin
Why you getting so worked up? I don't think the dude ever mentioned Kenya in his posts?

But for what it's worth i think Kenya makes smart acquisitions grin grin grin grin grin grin

He didn't specify Kenya,but Africa and I just want to see his thinking-no biggie.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
jln115:

A country with a defence budget of less than a billion $ can afford 6 subs, 2(New) LPDs, 7 corvettes(Old...but still), 6 fast attack craft, several replenishment ships and an Oceanographic research ship ect ect

So what the fvck are our countries doing with our budget

Hell.No. While they slowed down purchases they've been reducing their budget but are still spending almost 2 bn$ yearly maintaining and operating their platforms and personnel. I remembered this post and had to check. Btw,everyone let's get into the habit of links and sources,please!

Between 2012 and 2015, defense spending in Peru increased at an average annual rate of 10.9 percent, reaching PEN10.2 billion ($3.2 billion). However, beginning in 2016, Peru's government began reducing the amount of money spent on the military. Defense spending declined 19.1 percent to PEN8.2 billion ($2.4 billion) in 2016.
[url]http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/185239/peru%E2%80%99s-defense-spending-seen-gradually-rising.html[/url]

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
kikuyu1:

Hell.No. While they slowed down purchases they've been reducing their budget but are still spending almost 2 bn$ yearly maintaining and operating their platforms and personnel. I remembered this post and had to check. Btw,everyone let's get into the habit of links and sources,please!

[url]http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/185239/peru%E2%80%99s-defense-spending-seen-gradually-rising.html[/url]
My sources were outdated sorry about that.... But still $2bil isn't that much considering the navy they have.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
two new AgustaWestland AW139 for the kenya police have arrived its being confirmed but photos unavailable ,also its rumored 3 more helicopters of Bell Helicopter (Company on route

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
The Danish Chief of Royal Navy Staff Rear Admiral Torben Mikkelsen today oversaw the commissioning of the Full Mission Bridge Simulator & the Modified Marine Engine Test Cell at the Kenya Navy Base Mtongwe where he was hosted by the Commander Kenya Navy Major General Levi Mghalu.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:01am On Jun 22, 2018
newafricaken254:
two new AgustaWestland AW139 for the kenya police have arrived its being confirmed but photos unavailable ,also its rumored 3 more helicopters of Bell Helicopter (Company on route
actually i just learned both pairs of AW139 and bell helicopters are actually in kenya. they arrived on board a Russian Antonov An-124 Ruslan
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 22, 2018
Field0Marshall:
[color=#006600][/color]

By DICON right.... And has it been certified to be up to quality.... And for God sakes those guys are special ops. . they don't have a sidearm
Nope.

It's made by a company called NMT. They are based in Osun state.

Sidearms are not a requirement, especially for non-CQC Ops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2018
Are there PMCs in Nigeria ? I will like to know them.
We are thinking to establish one, and we need a headstart grin.

Cc
Henry240
Odunayaw
Bidex111
Iblawi
Nemesis4u
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2018
The French Air Force retired its Mirage 2000N nuclear strike fighter-bomber at Le Tubé Air Base on Jun. 21. The FAF also produced a series of videos to commerate 30-years of Mirage 2000N service.
_________
African Countries i expect to make a formal request for surplus Mirage 2000s are;

IVORY COAST
Chad
CAMEROON
Gabon

MOROCCO
Libya

Botswana

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Cc
Henry240
Odunayaw
Bidex111
Iblawi
Nemesis4u
that will be nice, am also interested
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 22, 2018
1_ Kilo 636 M submarin , june,17. 2018

2,3 _ 501 el-kasseh Class , mine countermeasure vessel june,19. 2018 in france

4 _ Meko A200AN frigate , june, 18.2018 in germany for maintenance

Algerian navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Cc
Henry240
Odunayaw
Bidex111
Iblawi
Nemesis4u

This is something I will not advocate for if left to me

Had multiple requests for same by middle East countries and some from Latin America.

Unless u have very very strong government agencies with the capability to watch and control them , u might end up on the wrong side of the bargain.

Even a powerful country like America had lots of trouble with them , most of them still unreported.

Most successful insurgencies / separatists / cartels have had the foundation laid by trained men either ex military or via mercs etc.

Main motivation for PMC is money and the moment u provide a common platform for the same , lot of unexpected things might start happening, So chances r some or all might go to the highest bidder or some might get swayed by personal reasons or vested interests.

In intelligence it has been my observation that the highest risk groups r ex agents since after retirement organisational loyalty (forget about loyalty to nation) gets replaced by personal motivation which is kind of natural yet detrimental to the security of nation.

Can't say anything about any specific nation, but if any country has festering / lingering issues related to ethnic religious tribal issues, those countries should best avoid setting up such groups especially in private sector.

It is my personal opinion

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 22, 2018
Sailing school ship el mellah 938 ! Algerian Navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2018
T55 AMV , algerian army

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

Had multiple requests for same by middle East countries and some from Latin America.

Unless u have very very strong government agencies with the capability to watch and control them , u might end up on the wrong side of the bargain.

Even a powerful country like America had lots of trouble with them , most of them still unreported.

Most successful insurgencies / separatists / cartels have had the foundation laid by trained men either ex military or via mercs etc.

Main motivation for PMC is money and the moment u provide a common platform for the same , lot of unexpected things might start happening, So chances r some or all might go to the highest bidder or some might get swayed by personal reasons or vested interests.

In intelligence it has been my observation that the highest risk groups r ex agents since after retirement organisational loyalty (forget about loyalty to nation) gets replaced by personal motivation which is kind of natural yet detrimental to the security of nation.

Can't say anything about any specific nation, but if any country has festering / lingering issues related to ethnic religious tribal issues, those countries should best avoid setting up such groups especially in private sector.

Right one bro. Very spot on.

But I know Nigerian Govt maintain monopoly when it comes to "armed security"... so I aint talking about Mercs per say but some unarmed Private Security Company where we will offer services like ;

1. Cooperate Security (intelligence and Investigation)
2. Digital Forensics
3. Encryption Techs
4. Secured Transportation of valuables
5. Perimeter Protection of places like Homes, Schools, Banks, Companies, Oil Facilities and Malls.
6. Crowd Control
7. VIP Protection
8. Consulting Services

Though I am aware such unarmed PSCs exists in Nigeria but we want to take it to the next level away from those old, dirty and hungry looking operatives of the existing PSCs.
Just our little idea here to key into Security sector, and we need headstart.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

Interestingly its been discovered some cartels smuggling drugs across the US border have used or are still using USMC over watch processes,radio procedures and codes and even section (squad) patrol techniques and formations.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2018
giles14:
that will be nice, am also interested

Ok sir.
Lets chat privately
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Right one bro. Very spot on.

But I know Nigerian Govt maintain monopoly when it comes to "armed security"... so I aint talking about Mercs per say but some unarmed Private Security Company where we will offer services like ;

1. Cooperate Security (intelligence and Investigation)
2. Digital Forensics
3. Encryption Techs
4. Secured Transportation of valuables
5. Perimeter Protection of places like Homes, Schools, Banks, Companies, Oil Facilities and Malls.
6. Crowd Control
7. VIP Protection
8. Consulting Services

Though I am aware such unarmed PSCs exists in Nigeria but we want to take it to the next level away from those old, dirty and hungry looking operatives of the existing PSCs.
Just our little idea here to key into Security sector, and we need headstart.

All these u mentioned now has got nothing to do with PMC, I guess u confused previously grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

All these u mentioned now has got nothing to do with PMC, I guess u confused previously grin

Lol grin
I tot I wrote PSC instead of PMC.
Thanks

Well, any insight about the PSC
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Lol grin
I tot I wrote PSC instead of PMC.
Thanks

Well, any insight about the PSC

Intel based maybe
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

Intel based maybe
Wow... Thanks sir
Pls fire on bro wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Wow... Thanks sir
Pls fire on bro wink

I don't think I mentioned that I will tell u grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

I don't think I mentioned that I will tell u grin grin grin

Lol bros pls its needed like a matter of life and death embarassed
Or you may wanna do it privately ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
Xx
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2018
lionel4power:
The French Air Force retired its Mirage 2000N nuclear strike fighter-bomber at Le Tubé Air Base on Jun. 21. The FAF also produced a series of videos to commerate 30-years of Mirage 2000N service.
_________
African Countries i expect to make a formal request for surplus Mirage 2000s are;

IVORY COAST
Chad
CAMEROON
Gabon

MOROCCO
Libya

Botswana
If it goes to Chad or Cameroon, Nigeria will go for F16s or Tornado ADV
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

I don't understand
Specify what u want to know , if I know will tell u
Anything about PSC's organization, targets, mode of operation, you know just overall in depth and experienced intel about it.

We are putting up one here pretty soon
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Henry240:

Nope.

It's made by a company called NMT. They are based in Osun state.

Thanks for the clarification.....now that nmt is making the bullet proof vest..what is use is DICON. Pls I hope is not also nmt making our AK rifles
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
For the first time in history, Nigerian witches did something for the country ��� They sent the Penalty to one corner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
Ff

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Henry240:

True talk I once saw a pic of U.S Delta force without sidearm ...rather they wore hip webbing to have more extra mag.... though they had a grenade launcher while some had a shotgun to complement Thier primary rifle....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:17am On Jun 23, 2018
The Assistant Chief of Defence Forces in charge of Personnel & Logistics Maj Gen Samuel Nandwa represented the Chief of the Defence Forces in presiding over the Matriculation of Kenya Military Academy Cadets Intake 08 set to pursue BSc. in Military Studies at Kenyatta University.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.