Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5973664 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) (1758) (1759) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2018
61mech:
It'll come in handy when it fogs up and he starts running into trees !!

Most of the guys admiring these tacticool pix have never even done 5 mns of serious cardio! They'd realise its impossible to move fast wearing this or the other fav facial tac gear,the skull face mask. Its also hot and sweaty AF. Imagine wearing that in 44 degree celsius savanna,not a tree in sight searching for BH.
Sunstroke and heatstroke!

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tunisian saudi joint air exerercise in tunisia

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2018
Skull-face also makes for a perfect aiming point.

The whole point of a smock is to camo your face. Not scare children !

kikuyu1:

Most of the guys admiring these tacticool pix have never even done 5 mns of serious cardio! They'd realise its impossible to move fast wearing this or the other fav facial tac gear,the skull face mask. Its also hot and sweaty AF. Imagine wearing that in 44 degree celsius savanna,not a tree in sight searching for BH.
Sunstroke and heatstroke!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
61mech:
Skull-face also makes for a perfect aiming point.

The whole point of a smock is to camo your face. Not scare children !

Enlighten me, as I fail to see what clearly is a balaclava is suddenly not a balaclava?

Is it not covering the soldier's face?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
Nigerian police officer

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
Nigerian army Otokar Cobra, CS/VP3 and Streit Spartan

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2018
kikuyu1:

Yes,but!

REALLY,NIGGA!?

A 3 mn search would have shown 30 MD 500s,a newer squadron of 530s,a squadron of Z 9s,other ishyt and older incoming Jordanian AH 1s in our 50 air cav these parts. Srsly? Imo,that's not genuine journalistic incompetence but the classic denigration of all things African, itself an externalisation of deep rooted unconscious racism I'm referring to.
Hope u knw what i meant by my previous response.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 12, 2018
Nigerian soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:43am On Oct 12, 2018
Cameroon BIR (Rapid Intervention Battalion) acquires Panthera T6 Armoured Personnel Carriers

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/10/cameroon-bir-rapid-intervention-battalion-acquires-panthera-t6-armoured-personnel-carriers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:58am On Oct 12, 2018
if you look closely at the picture, you'll observe two F-16s, an F-22 and a couple of SOCOMs Mu-2 aircraft damaged by Hurricane Michael.

the aircraft were stored in a hanger at Tyndell AFB.

pic 3 is an F-15

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2018
#Egypt’s paratroopers & #Russian airborne Forces to start the Joint Military Ex “Protectors of Friendship-2018” in the period between October 13-26, Notice that the Ex this year will be held in Egypt.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian army Otokar Cobra, CS/VP3 and Streit Spartan
nice pix, let the army also go for the otokar cobra2
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2018
lionel4power:
if you look closely at the picture, you'll observe two F-16s, an F-22 and a couple of SOCOMs Mu-2 aircraft damaged by Hurricane Michael.

the aircraft were stored in a hanger at Tyndell AFB.

pic 3 is an F-15
what a loss especially the f22
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2018
giles14:
nice pix, let the army also go for the otokar cobra2
The Nigerian army should go for this instead. Let us standardize our light armoured vehicles on a single platform. This can replace the VBL and Cobra.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:43am On Oct 12, 2018
giles14:
what a loss especially the f22
not sure yet if it was a total loss. maybe just damaged
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 12, 2018
Nigerian army soldiers manning an Innoson military gun truck.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2018
Algerian1:
Tunisian saudi joint air exerercise in tunisia

The F15 is the most beautiful plane of all time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:05am On Oct 12, 2018
Henry240:

Enlighten me, as I fail to see what clearly is a balaclava is suddenly not a balaclava?

Is it not covering the soldier's face?

camo =/= cover
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:05am On Oct 12, 2018
QuietMynd:

Hope u knw what i meant by my previous response.

Sorry! Wasn't referring to you but the writer and more specifically their collective attitude.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:08am On Oct 12, 2018
patches689:

camo =/= cover
Camo = blending into environ
Cover = prevent recognition/protect identity
God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:32am On Oct 12, 2018
Henry240:

The Nigerian army should go for this instead. Let us standardize our light armoured vehicles on a single platform. This can replace the VBL and Cobra.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:33am On Oct 12, 2018
Henry240:

it will be a good replacement but the cobra is more rugged than PF2.

beside the cobra is an APC and the pf2 is a LPV
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2018
lionel4power:
not sure yet if it was a total loss. maybe just damaged
well I doubt if they can restart a closed production line just for a single damaged F22.
might be cannibalized for spare parts
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2018
KDF VISION 2030

This vision is predicated upon the larger national objectives of Vision 2030,a series of targets that should see us a middle income country by 2030. (Btw,most milestones have been set but that's another story) https://vision2030.go.ke/2013-2017/
Pursuant to this a KDF Horizon of platforms in sync with 2030 has been set.

Kenya Air Force
The Kenya Air Force is in dire need of expansion and modernization in order to continue to fulfil its mandate to defend the Republic and her people in the skies. A meagre 47 F-5E fighter aircraft and a handful of small transports is simply inadequate for the 21st Century. As such, over the 2020-2030 timespan the Kenya Air Force will be pursuing the following goals...

Modernization
2-3 squadrons of light fighter aircraft

1-2 squadrons of 4th-generation multirole fighter aircraft

2 squadrons of medium transport aircraft

1 squadron of heavy transport aircraft

3 squadrons of medium lift helicopters

1 squadron of heavy transport helicopters

1 squadron of armed Unmanned Aerial Vehicles

1 squadron of unarmed Unmanned Aerial Reconnaissance Vehicles

1 squadron of trainer aircraft

1 squadron of light utility aircraft
https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysianDreams/comments/3zmtqb/event_s3_restructuring_of_the_kenya_defence_forces/

These are Back-of-an-envelope costings FAC. Bear in mind whatever platform chosen must last 20 years as these are[b] national assets.[/b]
1 SQUADRON IS 12 AC.

Hopefully by this time the IAF will have inducted their own Tejas 2s in enough numbers to allow for foreign buyers cause frankly I prefer this to the JF 17,both Block 1 and 2.

3 squadrons at 50 mn$ a pop 1.8 bn$

2 squadrons of 4th gen ,I'd go for the multi role Mig 35 at 80 mn$ a piece 1.92 bn$

The C 130 is a proven platform but potential problems regarding spares and embargoes always loom large with the Anglo Zionists so I'd go for the Y8 at 40 mn$ with a 25 T capacity shown here. Total FAC 2 squadrons 960 MN $ the airborne can have a squadron for themselves and have the organic ability to drop a battalion without the KAF.

Our heavy transport squadron will consist of a mix of 9 AN 70 propfans @ 80 mn$, 630 mn $

3 Il 76 dedicated to aerial refuelling @ 45 mn$ 135 mn $ This is a proven performer on rough airstrips unlike the new Embraer KC 390 and also carries 15 T more.

A medium lift chopper carries at least 10 T so if the HAL MRH isn't ready by then we'll just go for the proven MI 17 at 30 mn$ total FAC 1.08 BN$

Obviously our heavy lift chopper can only be the MI 26 at 35mn$ 432 mn$

We've spent almost 6 bn$ on needs and still haven't looked at UAVs! Btw,its doable as our economy grows so does budgetary allocation so spending say 600 mn$ yearly only on aircraft acquisitions for a decade wouldn't break the bank.

I can't stress it enough-armed forces are more of a long term,perpetual investment than most realise.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian army soldiers manning an Innoson military gun truck.

Do you have my more pictures??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2018
giles14:
well I doubt if they can restart a closed production line just for a single damaged F22.
might be cannibalized for spare parts
the F-22 fleet is already strained... with multiple deployment across the world.

it appears that the damaged F-22 was a trainer version undergoing deep overhaul and the F-16s are actually QF-16s.. target drones.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2018
well true... coupled with the fact that the Cobra has some "limited" mine protection capability. (v -hull, front wheel arch etc)

the cobra was also built on the time trusted HMMVV chasis. As per its design, the cobra was meant to be used in large quantity both in the infantry and motorised cadre as a substitute for the Humvee.

I wonder why we did acquire enough of it to go round.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2018
kikuyu1:

KDF VISION 2030

This vision is predicated upon the larger national objectives of Vision 2030,a series of targets that should see us a middle income country by 2030. (Btw,most milestones have been set but that's another story) https://vision2030.go.ke/2013-2017/
Pursuant to this a KDF Horizon of platforms in sync with 2030 has been set.

Kenya Air Force
The Kenya Air Force is in dire need of expansion and modernization in order to continue to fulfil its mandate to defend the Republic and her people in the skies. A meagre 47 F-5E fighter aircraft and a handful of small transports is simply inadequate for the 21st Century. As such, over the 2020-2030 timespan the Kenya Air Force will be pursuing the following goals...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysianDreams/comments/3zmtqb/event_s3_restructuring_of_the_kenya_defence_forces/

These are Back-of-an-envelope costings FAC. Bear in mind whatever platform chosen must last 20 years as these are[b] national assets.[/b]
1 SQUADRON IS 12 AC.

Hopefully by this time the IAF will have inducted their own Tejas 2s in enough numbers to allow for foreign buyers cause frankly I prefer this to the JF 17,both Block 1 and 2.

3 squadrons at 50 mn$ a pop 1.8 bn$

2 squadrons of 4th gen ,I'd go for the multi role Mig 35 at 80 mn$ a piece 1.92 bn$

The C 130 is a proven platform but potential problems regarding spares and embargoes always loom large with the Anglo Zionists so I'd go for the Y8 at 40 mn$ with a 25 T capacity shown here. Total FAC 2 squadrons 960 MN $ the airborne can have a squadron for themselves and have the organic ability to drop a battalion without the KAF.

Our heavy transport squadron will consist of a mix of 9 AN 70 propfans @ 80 mn$, 630 mn $

3 Il 76 dedicated to aerial refuelling @ 45 mn$ 135 mn $ This is a proven performer on rough airstrips unlike the new Embraer KC 390 and also carries 15 T more.

A medium lift chopper carries at least 10 T so if the HAL MRH isn't ready by then we'll just go for the proven MI 17 at 30 mn$ total FAC 1.08 BN$

Obviously our heavy lift chopper can only be the MI 26 at 35mn$ 432 mn$

We've spent almost 6 bn$ on needs and still haven't looked at UAVs! Btw,its doable as our economy grows so does budgetary allocation so spending say 600 mn$ yearly only on aircraft acquisitions for a decade wouldn't break the bank.

I can't stress it enough-armed forces are more of a long term,perpetual investment than most realise.

this is basically all a modern air force should have. that's how a proper air force should be structured.

are this the official KAF projection or just recommendations?

also what is the current state of the KAF's F-5 tiger fleet? what are their current capabilities?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:50am On Oct 12, 2018
Denel’s Miniaturised Guidance System moves towards tests

South Africa's Denel Dynamics' Miniaturised Guidance System (MGS), formerly called AcuFuze, is being internally developed to boost artillery accuracy for 155 mm artillery projectiles and unguided surface-to-surface rockets.

The first application is expected to be for 155 mm artillery projectiles, but first all up firings are expected sometime in 2019 using a 122 mm artillery rocket.

The Denel Dynamics MGS provides two-dimensional course correction via an inertial measurement unit (IMU), Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver unit and antenna, power supply actuators, and a de-spin assembly.

The guidance, navigation, and control code is hosted on the navigational processor and, according to Denel Dynamics, can navigate in GNSS denial regions.

The design is hardened to withstand high acceleration launches that, when using the more recent 155 mm artillery projectiles with a full charge, can be up to 1,000 m/s.

Although no details as to the circular error probable (CEP) have been announced, it is expected to be between 10 and 20 m at all ranges.

The MGS can be fitted to 155 mm artillery projectiles that have a deep fuze well, and Denel Dynamics can customise its design for other applications.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
patches689:

camo =/= cover
What is a balaclava?

Do you know what a balaclava is at all?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nigerian Air Force soldiers with upgraded AK-74s

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2018
joshingjosh:

Do you have my more pictures??
Nope.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) (1758) (1759) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.