Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6146581 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1756) (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) ... (2865) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2018
Nigerian Air Force pilot

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 17, 2018
The Nigerian Air Force has again confirmed the service is in the process of acquiring the JF-17 Thunder.

The Air Force has taken an incremental approach to the induction of the JF-17. Considering the fact that it does not operate an advanced modern fighter other than a number of F-7NI which are a variant of F-7MG.

It seems sensible to have ordered 3 or 6 JF-17, on which maintenance crews would get trained, followed by pilots that will form the core and be available for follow-on inductions.

The Tucano which is the more strategic and tactical aircraft the NAF requires at this time has so far being paid in full.

Another reason why the light purchase of the JF-17 is a masterstroke by the Nigerian Air Force is, it leaves room for a future purchase of the more advanced JF-17 Block III fighters with a large number of pilots and ground crew already trained.

By this time next year, the Nigerian Air Force would have trained nearly 150 pilots in 4 years. Impressive!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2018
Henry240:
The Nigerian Air Force has again confirmed the service is in the process of acquiring the JF-17 Thunder.

The Air Force has taken an incremental approach to the induction of the JF-17. Considering the fact that it does not operate an advanced modern fighter other than a number of F-7NI which are a variant of F-7MG.

It seems sensible to have ordered 3 or 6 JF-17, on which maintenance crews would get trained, followed by pilots that will form the core and be available for follow-on inductions.

The Tucano which is the more strategic and tactical aircraft the NAF requires at this time has so far being paid in full.

Another reason why the light purchase of the JF-17 is a masterstroke by the Nigerian Air Force is, it leaves room for a future purchase of the more advanced JF-17 Block III fighters with a large number of pilots and ground crew already trained.

By this time next year, the Nigerian Air Force would have trained nearly 150 pilots in 4 years. Impressive!

I have these strong feeling that in the coming airforce annual budget 2 jf17 would be paid for, till the required numbers are reached.
In the last two years budget, two new jf17 jets where been paid for.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
bidexiii:

I have these strong feeling that in the coming airforce annual budget 2 jf17 would be paid for, till the required numbers are reached.
In the last two years budget, two new jf17 jets where been paid for.
It's actually 3 units. However i agree with you. NAF is looking at a staggered approach which to me is fantastic. Instead of depending on loans, pay cash until you pay up.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
Senegalese soldiers in Mali

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nigerian army troop rotation in Gambia. Soldiers of the Nigerian army 351st battalion being airlifted to Gambia.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
A group of eight captured Allied soldiers, each from a different nation. From left to right: Vietnamese, Tunisian, Senegalese, Sudanese, Russian, American, Portuguese and English. All in all, over 100 countries from Africa, America, Asia, Australia and Europe fought in #WW1.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jun 22 1917
Senegalese Bambara soldiers serving with the French Army in Balschwiller, Alsace

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NNAMDIII(m): 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nigerian military

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by numbered(m): 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian army troop rotation in Gambia. Soldiers of the Nigerian army 351st battalion being airlifted to Gambia.
We need the IL-76 or Y-20 to carry heavy equipment.I remember when we deployed to Mali,RAF C-17 helped us.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
numbered:
We need the IL-76 or Y-20 to carry heavy equipment.I remember when we deployed to Mali,RAF C-17 helped us.
Agreed. We need additional transport assets both in the rotary and fixed wing departments.

RAF also helped France with heavy lifting. It's a problem equally shared. grin grin

NAF are interested in the C-295, but FG hasn't given the service approval to purchase. I also like the C-27J Kenya has acquired. Leornado offered that aircraft to us back in 2010.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
Egyptian Air Force KA-52 Attack Helicopter

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 18, 2018
Much earlier ARA MRAP prototype.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 18, 2018
Ugandan soldiers in Somalia

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 18, 2018
Nigerian army locally made Infantry Patrol Vehicle deployed in combat.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:55am On Oct 18, 2018
I recently posted on the prevailing Western attitude of denigrating our militaries assuming them all to be militarised gendarmes and/or national militias despite the overwhelming evidence of a wide scale qualitative upgrade. This is why I hesitate to post these pics of recent UPDF torture,which BTW is a standard disciplinary method.

In an affidavit in support of an application at the High Court challenging his trial dated August 8, 2016, the soldier recounts how he was "undressed, insulted and tied by the hands on a steel bar, a bag of about 15 kilogrammes tied and hanged on the joystick and testicles". He was then moved to a metallic container, handcuffed for 24 hours and left for days without medical care.

Medical records dated October 6 and November 2, 2015 from Nakasero Hospital and Bombo Military Hospital, respectively, indicate his right testicle had become "smaller than the contralateral (opposite) testis [and] was non-tender" and he has "a chronic right testicular infarction and internal echogenicity with no flow."

In other words, the weight tied to the genitals of the 33-year-old father of three blocked blood flow to the right testicle, causing tissue decay. Cpl Ssebyara now cannot achieve an erection.

He passes urine and stool with excruciating difficulty, according to his defence attorneys Ivan Mugabi and Isaac Ssemakade.

The Defence and Military Spokesman, Lt Col Paddy Ankunda, when contacted last week said the army would investigate the alleged torture of the soldier, but "there must be a reason why the court is holding him".
http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/soldier-loses-his-manhood-after-being.html

I've also commented on the cruelty and sadism of the Tutsis who've taken over the Great Lakes before-this is their ethos! Its the same mindframe that's killed millions wherever these people have cast their eyes. The impulse to dominate,hurt and humiliate. I live in the real world;I do know sometimes the SarnMajor can't always follow the book and must use boot and fist within reason but this is some psycho,sadistic,semi gay BS!
Somebody here,Idk who rated the UPDF the highest in the region-whatever!?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 10:45am On Oct 18, 2018
As a sucker for logistics.
I want to confirm the identity of this vehicle shown during the independence day celebrations. Looks like a bridge layer or pontoon bridge. We equally need investments in non frontline hardware as well.

About the airforce forensics lab, there's quite a bit they can do in identifying ex or existing BH members who infiltrate back to IDP or society using info from...
Last time I posted the suggestion here, while considered very useful by few members including nemesis, I was asked to edit or erase the suggestion and put it forward to the appropriate body. I hope it might have been taken up already by the authorities.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MUTERIKA(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
Henry240:
undecided
Henry240:
Why is the trouser of the soldier backing the camera looking funningly big?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by numbered(m): 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
BlackBaron:
As a sucker for logistics.
I want to confirm the identity of this vehicle shown during the independence day celebrations. Looks like a bridge layer or pontoon bridge. We equally need investments in non frontline hardware as well.

About the airforce forensics lab, there's quite a bit they can do in identifying ex or existing BH members who infiltrate back to IDP or society using info from...
Last time I posted the suggestion here, while considered very useful by few members including nemesis, I was asked to edit or erase the suggestion and put it forward to the appropriate body. I hope it might have been taken up already by the authorities.
Truck Bridgelayer ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
MUTERIKA:
undecidedWhy is the trouser of the soldier backing the camera looking funningly big?
His trousers are normal sized man.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
Centre pilot celebrating 4000 hours.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2018
MUTERIKA:
undecidedWhy is the trouser of the soldier backing the camera looking funningly big?
you want him to wear pencil ba undecided

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
South African Badger behind schedule as SAAF Hawks lose A-Darter

South African procurement agency Armscor has revealed that the country's acquisition of Patria AMV armoured fighting vehicles has experienced significant delays, while the South African Air Force (SAAF) has scrapped a planned requirement for the A-Darter missile for its BAE Systems Hawk 120 fleet.

According to Armscor's 2017/18 Annual Report, the acquisition of the Patria AMV systems - built under licence by Denel through Project Hoefyster and known locally as Badger - has already experienced delays in the development stage at Denel Land Systems. Key to these delays, Armscor says, were "the completion of the software development, [and] the delays in the manufacture of the Fire Support, Missile, and Mortar variant Engineering Development Models".

The delays have subsequently impacted the programme's Industrialisation Phase, leading to an overall slippage of 32 months in the programme's execution by mid-2018. The first battalion of the vehicles to the SA Army will be delayed by at least 17 months, despite the efforts of Denel to catch up with the production schedule. However, the programme has been expanded from 238 vehicles to 244.

The broader supply chain problems, such as the collapse of sheet metal supplier VR Laser into liquidation, have added to the delays. The ongoing liquidity crisis at Denel has also compounded interruptions to the programme, as Denel has had difficulty in sourcing subsystems and components from suppliers.

Overall, the transfer of technology from Finland has been completed, with the welding and painting of the South African Platform Hulls completed, and the first 15 Production Model Platform Hulls finished.

The first four pre-production models of the Section Vehicle turrets were also completed in November 2017, with one being mated to a Patria-built hull for firing trials in February and March.

Charles Forrester, London - IHS Jane's Defence Industry , 17 October 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
numbered:
Truck Bridgelayer ?
Pontoon bridge or you can call it that. It looks like of Russian origin.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Algerian1:
South African Badger behind schedule as SAAF Hawks lose A-Darter

Charles Forrester, London - IHS Jane's Defence Industry , 17 October 2018

Yeah the Badger program had really gone pear shaped in the last 24 months. Firstly, the company mentioned there (VR Laser) should never have been allowed near Denel. If you have ever followed just a hint of SA politics, Google who used to own that company.

Now Denel is paying the price. One positive though is the development of the LCT 30 turret which has already been exported.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
ssaengine:

Yeah the Badger program had really gone pear shaped in the last 24 months. Firstly, the company mentioned there (VR Laser) should never have been allowed near Denel. If you have ever followed just a hint of SA politics, Google who used to own that company.

Now Denel is paying the price. One positive though is the development of the LCT 30 turret which has already been exported.
Denel should not be making military equipment alone. They also need to sustain civilian clients to ensure survival.

We seem to be talking about Denel money issues all too often.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
Henry240:

Denel should not be making military equipment alone. They also need to sustain civilian clients to ensure survival.

We seem to be talking about Denel money issues all too often.

Well it's the same issue. It's not like it goes away after 2 weeks then reappears again.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MUTERIKA(m): 5:07am On Oct 19, 2018
CaptainStephen:
you want him to wear pencil ba undecided
something like that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MUTERIKA(m): 5:09am On Oct 19, 2018
Henry240:

His trousers are normal sized man.
Depends on where he's from. Over here in my country, that's too big.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanees: 6:53am On Oct 19, 2018
MUTERIKA:
Depends on where he's from. Over here in my country, that's too big.
Pray tell us which country u from
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2018
Nigerian army team at Exercise Cambria patrol in the UK.

The Nigerian team had an impressive debut.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Army_Wales/status/1052140142851477507

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 19, 2018
It seems the problems at Denel keeps getting compounded.

https://www.businesslive.co.za/amp/bd/national/labour/2018-10-18-denel-workers-protest-over-news-they-may-not-be-paid-in-november

Denel workers protest over news they may not be paid in November

(1) (2) (3) ... (1756) (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) ... (2865) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.