Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5976623 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2019
Odunayaw:
There are quick drills for rifle jam & I don't expect the soldier to be alone

OK. Can you explain why most US a armed forces i see carry a rifle as their main equipment and a pistol for contingencies?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2019
And what happens if a soldier run out of bullets and already separated from his unit? grin grin, I'm guessing he's fvked at that point
Odunayaw:
There are quick drills for rifle jam & I don't expect the soldier to be alone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

So, they should carry 2 rifles and use the other when their main rifle jams? smiley
CQB means Close Quarters Battle. That's the only place were handguns are effective.

Engagements with ISWAP do not happen in a CQB environment, why would Nigerian soldiers need secondary handguns?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

OK. Can you explain why most US a armed forces i see carry a rifle as their main equipment and a pistol for contingencies?
Can you explain why other soldiers don't carry handguns?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2019
Henry240:

CQB means Close Quarters Battle. That's the only place were handguns are effective.

Engagements with ISWAP do not happen in a CQB environment, why would Nigerian soldiers need secondary handguns?

For redundancy. And combat with ISWAP takes varied forms.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
Henry240:

Can you explain why other soldiers don't carry handguns?

hahahahahaha. Lol. Forget it. I was simply curious.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

For redundancy. And combat with ISWAP takes varied forms.
What redundancy and what varied form does combat with BHT take place?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
Henry240:

Forget it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Most you've seen? like pictures? Well I have seen literally thousand pictures & a couple of videos over the years & a service pistol isn't as widespread as you would have me believe

Besides, they mostly fought in urban settings in Iraq. In such warfare pistol is highly welcomed & not on the 200m out battlegrounds we have in Africa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2019
Odunayaw:
Most you've seen? like pictures? Well I have seen literally thousand pictures & a couple of videos over the years & a service pistol isn't as widespread as you would have me believe

Besides, they mostly fought in urban settings in Iraq. In such warfare pistol is highly welcomed & not on the 200m out battlegrounds we have in Africa
I see.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2019
Sizzorkay:
And what happens if a soldier run out of bullets and already separated from his unit? grin grin, I'm guessing he's fvked at that point
He is thoroughly doomed at such instance. It would be best to run,hide, pray & hope for some spirits to save him because a pistol will ensure he breathes no more quickly
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 12, 2019
Odunayaw:
He is thoroughly doomed at such instance. It would be best to run,hide, pray & hope for some spirits to save him because a pistol will ensure he breathes no more quickly

Nawao

Pray and hope when u r inches away from being shot ?

Broda ur true calling is that of a chaplain
Have no doubts about it grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:17am On Jan 12, 2019
nemesis8u:

Nawao

Pray and hope when u r inches away from being shot ?

Broda ur true calling is that of a chaplain
Have no doubts about it grin
I would make a fine chaplain at some point in my life.

What would you prefer the soldier do? Think of jollof rice? grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Arabique: 8:51am On Jan 12, 2019
gottfried21:
Oi
largest in the world armoured car. To achieve what? People trying to achieve nonsense legacy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 10:12am On Jan 12, 2019
obonomaa:

Sorry, I only believe this guy is an opportunist probably clinging on to this yearly exhibitions to remain relevant to his religious followers and attract new people to his fold. His links to China via his ckd business alone should have seen him advance his manufacturing via CNC tools for example. He's also not exactly poor but I'm sure most banks after seeing his inventions aren't going to even consider throwing money down the drain.

All we see are hand tools used to build 'advanced' parts. Innoson in far shorter time is now automated, Proforce - far younger with better APC/MRAP plus use of CNC machines. No miracle can allow those contraptions fly or work to their basic functions if they fail fundamental laws of physics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by HORRORIZON: 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2019
Henry240:

You're a Dunce. cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2019
Odunayaw:
I would make a fine chaplain at some point in my life.

What would you prefer the soldier do? Think of jollof rice? grin

Not think just act to the best of his abilities

So that he may enjoy jollof rice in real afterwards grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2019
Nigeria should consider and upgrade for its remaining Vickers Tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP-Iev3217o

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2019
@Henry120
@OtherNigerians

You guys can update the Nigerian army wiki page if you want.

According to Jane's Armour and Artillery 2003–2004 Nigeria received 136 MBT Mk 3, 12 ARV and 26 AVLB delivered in 1983–1995

Edit: I updated the page for you, if anyone has an account with wikipedia, pls go in and put in images of the vehicles (from google)

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
Algerian army this days pics

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Arabique: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2019
patches689:
@Henry120
@OtherNigerians

You guys can update the Nigerian army wiki page if you want.

According to Jane's Armour and Artillery 2003–2004 Nigeria received 136 MBT Mk 3, 12 ARV and 26 AVLB delivered in 1983–1995

Edit: I updated the page for you, if anyone has an account with wikipedia, pls go in and put in images of the vehicles (from google)
hmm. You have been updating the wiki page of the Nigerian army. Interesting.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2019
Arabique:
hmm. You have been updating the wiki page of the Nigerian army. Interesting.

Dont get paranoid, you can check the edit history of the page to see who has done what. Im just helping out some fellow Africans, gotta make sure that the rest of the world is properly informed about us.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2019
patches689:
Nigeria should consider and upgrade for its remaining Vickers Tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP-Iev3217o

This was meant to be the follow on of the Vic 3 with frontal Chobham armour and a redesigned turret to handle the larger 120 mm gun-it would have become the Brit MBT if not for the Chally 1 that came out just a few years later-IIRC,it never made a single sale. The Brits tried to unload it onto the KDF in 2003 along with Mk 1 L 85s a POS whose mag often falls out. Throughout the previous 24 years they supplied gunboats,tanks and arty WITHOUT TENDERS due to State House connections,believe it or not.
On being told,:"thanks,but no thanks,"they screamed in rage like burning rats and instituted an unrelenting war on the Kibaki gov that only ended when he left office in 2013.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

they dont actually.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
patches689:

Dont get paranoid, you can check the edit history of the page to see who has done what. Im just helping out some fellow Africans, gotta make sure that the rest of the world is properly informed about us.

respect
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
Algerian SF

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
A policeman during the beatification of 19 monks in Chapel of Our Lady of Santa Cruz , Oran Algeria last month .

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
Meko frigate and kilo sub

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
Algerian1:
I have finally finished my military service cool

Civilian life here i come .

Congratulations to you Chkil wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
Seened:

Congratulations to you Chkil wink

Thank you smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
Algerian army this days

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.