Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,315 members, 7,957,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:23 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6150852 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) ... (2866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Is it now a crime to pray?

Anyway, that was what was written by the Kenyan Newspapers

nemesis8u:

What led u to the idea ? grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
nemesis8u:

Glad she and including others r safe.

Anyways any info released on how the fuckkkers managed to evade intel ?

Haven't been able to talk to my guys who're busy as you can imagine. But as the attacks was going down I was along Limuru road leaving Riviera mall and 5 or 7 cop landcruisers overtook us. I told my biz partner, "smth's up." It now appears they were going to raid one of the suspects home in the area.
One of the two suspects, a woman identified as Kemunto has been arrested at a house in Muchatha where one of the suspects is said to have been living prior to the attack.

The two have been taken to DCI headquarters on Kiambu Road where they are currently being grilled.
https://businesstoday.co.ke/kinoti-two-riverside-terror-attack-suspects-arrested/

Again,civvy gun owners were instrumental in minimising casualties and this time the CT response was on point:more later when I have details.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2019
Oldies .. Algerian police

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
C28 A heavy corvet . alg navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 18, 2019
frumentius:

The patch on his backpack looks similar to US Navy Seal Team 3. And they're currently on rotation in Kenya, based in Camp Simba.

The patch might look like Seal Team 3, but it's been confirmed to me the guy was SAS, part of a 4-man training troop from an urban warfare squadron. Only member of his team who happened to be at GSU HQ in Nairobi at the time.

So no, contrary to the claims of "giants" with ironic inferiority complexes, the KDF didn't outsource the job to anyone. Even though a detachment from UN Navy Seal Team 3 is currently in Kenya, they weren't involved, seeing they're based in Camp Simba, which may or may not be located in Lamu or thereabouts! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:30am On Jan 18, 2019
frumentius:

The patch might look like Seal Team 3, but it's been confirmed to me the guy was SAS, part of a 4-man training troop from an urban warfare squadron. Only member of his team who happened to be at GSU HQ in Nairobi at the time.

So no, contrary to the claims of "giants" with ironic inferiority complexes, the KDF didn't outsource the job to anyone. Even though a detachment from UN Navy Seal Team 3 is currently in Kenya, they weren't involved, seeing they're based in Camp Simba, which may or may not be located in Lamu or thereabouts! grin grin grin

Actually I heard he was temporarily attached to Recce AT boys for training at their Ruiru base. Btw,daily outside their base you hear rounds going off during their room clearing drills. I was recently on an aquaculture scouting trip in the area.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 8:02am On Jan 18, 2019
rugged7:
Too many plain clothes people with guns at a terrorist incident can be a recipe for disaster.
Anybody can be a terrorist.
A proper cordone, secure perimeter & designated assault team is key.
Well,if it works for you guys, well done.
Can you clarify for me what the weapons carrying laws are in Kenya?
Can anybody legally bear fire arms?

civvy gun owners are usually the first at the scene because most of the time they are already at the scene ... but also you should know what may seem like civilians 90% are actually plainclothes/undercover cops, there are alot of those in Nairobi... There are also alot of gun owners in Kenya who are registered as 'reservists' usually you find them in border regions where police payrolls are not common bun even in they exist even in cities, once in my hometown there was a robbery and an Arab guy actually shot one of the robbers in the leg and the other robbers ran away, later when the police came he identified himself as a 'reservist' then pull out a piece of paper and the police seem ok with it....

Anyway, I am guessing the civilian rule only applies to pistols and shot guns,

pic 1: some the plain clothes officers who might be mistaken for civilians.

pic 2: these two civilians showed up with assault riffles, and its being reported they have been arrested...

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
Fidha254:
civvy gun owners are usually the first at the scene because most of the time they are already at the scene ... but also you should know what may seem like civilians 90% are actually plainclothes/undercover cops, there are alot of those in Nairobi... There are also alot of gun owners in Kenya who are registered as 'reservists' usually you find them in border regions where police payrolls are not common bun even in they exist even in cities, once in my hometown there was a robbery and an Arab guy actually shot one of the robbers in the leg and the other robbers ran away, later when the police came he identified himself as a 'reservist' then pull out a piece of paper and the police seem ok with it....

Anyway, I am guessing the civilian rule only applies to pistols and shot guns,

pic 1: some the plain clothes officers who might be mistaken for civilians.

pic 2: these two civilians showed up with assault riffles, and its being reported they have been arrested...

Steve Mbogo on the right is holding a very very rare piece of hardware for these parts,a combat shotgun. It looks like a Fostech 12 but its not. Who can ID it?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
kikuyu1:

Steve Mbogo on the right is holding a very very rare piece of hardware for these parts,a combat shotgun. It looks like a Fostech 12 but its not. Who can ID it?

Shotgun? Lol. I thought it was a carbine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
kikuyu1:

Actually I heard he was temporarily attached to Recce AT boys for training at their Ruiru base. Btw,daily outside their base you hear rounds going off during their room clearing drills. I was recently on an aquaculture scouting trip in the area.

We're saying the same thing, aren't we? The 4-man SAS troop is training GSU Recce at Ruiru and our man just happened to be at HQ in Nairobbery.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
kikuyu1:

FN FALs and combat shotguns! If only common sense were really common!
Looks like something out of the Fostech family.

Seriously though, as far as I know, Kenyan civilians are allowed to own shotguns and vests. So why did the police question Mbogo about his "sophisticated assault rifle and bullet-proof vest"?
I expect civvies to confuse their guns, but the fuzz? And with Mbogo's relative high profile, somebody higher than a beat cop would have been involved. And they didn't know the law about what civvies can own?

My mate who works for the SA Gun-Owners Association was recently talking about the formation of a continental federation to 1) educate the public and media throughout Africa; 2) share info and experiences amongst Associations in our countries; 3) establish such Associations in countries where none exist even though legislation permits civvie ownership; and 4) lobby for legislative change in countries where civvy ownership is not permitted.

Only problem is who pays for such a campaign. It's ridiculous that a continent of 55 countries with enthusiastic hunting traditions only has 5-8 countries - all southern and east Africa - who participate in Olympic and other international civilian shooting competitions.
Plus, it'd benefit our militaries to have people coming in having grown up around firearms and shooting. Hell, the first cohort of the Recces weren't called "The Hunter Group" for nothing! And both 4 & 5 SF Regiments, and the police STF to this day continue to benefit from guys who grow up hunting and shooting on farms and rural areas.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Sukhoi 30 mka

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
frumentius:

Seriously

Seriously

The dog has his shoes on grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 19, 2019
NIMR2 ISV version , start service algeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2019
That patch is actually the original pirate flag. The skull and crossbones came along about a 100 years later.
Its pretty generic and worn by many in the US military kinda like the Moaon Aabe patches.

frumentius:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2019
rugged7:
Yep. Trust the western media to embellish this.
They leave the substance of the issue in pursuit of aesthetics.

I know Western media outlets will dramatize the whole situation but lets be sincere and face the fact the presence of that Spec Ops saved alot of lives. I don't know if he killed any bad guy but lets be sincere he did a good job
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
fabselad:

I know Western media outlets will dramatize the whole situation but lets be sincere and face the fact the presence of that Spec Ops saved alot of lives. I don't know if he killed any bad guy but lets be sincere he did a good job
saved a lot? He didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

You need to see how the media is making it look like he single handedly (yes that word was used) ended everything

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
Alusafe 2000 , algeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sconp: 1:22am On Jan 20, 2019
Odunayaw:
saved a lot? He didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

You need to see how the media is making it look like he single handedly (yes that word was used) ended everything
Reading that report was annoying. They just kept reiterating that he was directing and leading and this and that, like he was the only one there

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:04am On Jan 20, 2019
sconp:

Reading that report was annoying. They just kept reiterating that he was directing and leading and this and that, like he was the only one there
Now I get the irritation of one fellow here. Foreign media are always quick to glory-hunt.
https://thenewsrep.com/113034/kenya-terrorist-attack-update-the-accurate-story-behind-the-sas-operator/

It reminds me of a time in 2014 when Army SF were instrumental at Damboa and the next thing we started hearing how "Nigerian US trained SF are turning tides". Lo & behold, the fellows the US actually trained were 300km away cooling off in their barracks

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bifwoli: 3:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Odunayaw:
Now I get the irritation of one fellow here. Foreign media are always quick to glory-hunt.
https://thenewsrep.com/113034/kenya-terrorist-attack-update-the-accurate-story-behind-the-sas-operator/

It reminds me of a time in 2014 when Army SF were instrumental at Damboa and the next thing we started hearing how "Nigerian US trained SF are turning tides". Lo & behold, the fellows the US actually trained were 300km away cooling off in their barracks

Some self loathing Africans use that as an avenue to look down on their own fellow black people.

Oh "you couldn't do it without the white man" kind of argument.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2019
kikuyu1:

I'm a bit confused, I saw at least 3 different teams that I assumed were all Recce,

I know Tuko.co.ke is just a blog with no jounerlistic integrity but do you know anything about this ? --- that the guys in white shirts are from flying squad QRF and the ones in black are Recce ..

Directorate of Criminal Investigations' Quick Response operates under the commandant of the Flying Squad Musa Yego and wear white t-shirts and green trousers

- The General Service Unit Recce Company wears black combat gear

https://www.tuko.co.ke/amp/296295-the-special-gsu-kdf-dci-forces-involved-dusitd2-operation.html

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2019
frumentius:

FN FALs and combat shotguns! If only common sense were really common!
Looks like something out of the Fostech family.

Seriously though, as far as I know, Kenyan civilians are allowed to own shotguns and vests. So why did the police question Mbogo about his "sophisticated assault rifle and bullet-proof vest"?
I expect civvies to confuse their guns, but the fuzz? And with Mbogo's relative high profile, somebody higher than a beat cop would have been involved. And they didn't know the law about what civvies can own?

My mate who works for the SA Gun-Owners Association was recently talking about the formation of a continental federation to 1) educate the public and media throughout Africa; 2) share info and experiences amongst Associations in our countries; 3) establish such Associations in countries where none exist even though legislation permits civvie ownership; and 4) lobby for legislative change in countries where civvy ownership is not permitted.

Only problem is who pays for such a campaign. It's ridiculous that a continent of 55 countries with enthusiastic hunting traditions only has 5-8 countries - all southern and east Africa - who participate in Olympic and other international civilian shooting competitions.
Plus, it'd benefit our militaries to have people coming in having grown up around firearms and shooting. Hell, the first cohort of the Recces weren't called "The Hunter Group" for nothing! And both 4 & 5 SF Regiments, and the police STF to this day continue to benefit from guys who grow up hunting and shooting on farms and rural areas.

I knew it was a shottie! Turkish,a Deryah 12. He's the guy you meet always talking big impressing byatches so its possible it wasn't properly licensed. Our gun licence procedures are a joke-there are semi legal dealers with hidden cop partners fronting as phone shops with a back room you can buy pistols. They'll tell you straight, "if you shoot a nigga,say you snatched it and shot him-so make sure you kill the mofo!" The licence no they give you is real belonging to another genuine holder. Ofc the local OCS is also in on the deal. While I'm glad reputable security companies will finally get guns we really really need a proper firearms tribunal for all!
Your mate is far sighted-the world needs more such excellent humans!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
BREITLING, Navitimer jupiter 2300 pilot , for algerian AF 1970

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
Guys,we need to have a minimum tactical software for future D2 situations. You're seated waiting for your prawn pilipili on white pita bread and 2 guys burst in shooting up the dining room killing 2 waiters and a young tourist 2 tables away. Your ears can make out more shots from the car park. You're unarmed:what do you do!? Even if you've a CZ or Browning you're options are limited-run,hide and/or fight.
Ideally,Kenyans and others from terror affected countries should get into certain habits when in public places like hotels and malls:
-know where ALL the exits are
-possible hiding places
-security set up ie,armed guards,vehicle bollards etc
-always scan those around you;who's that skinny nigga muttering to himself with what looks like a 4 foot tubing under his trench coat when its 30 degrees plus outside?
-what are the gun licence procedures in your own country and the country you're visiting? Can you get a temporary licence?
-if armed how familiar are you with your equipment?
-keep off bleeping social media!! imagine telling FB and whats app you're stuck in an air shaft on the 4th floor,room 419 and you hear the Jihadis in the next room!!!?

Those are the immediate suggestions during a mass shooting-feel free to add anything.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
frumentius:

The patch on his backpack looks similar to US Navy Seal Team 3. And they're currently on rotation in Kenya, based in Camp Simba.

Its actually misguided to ID units based on patches. SOF units from different countries often train and deploy together thereby exchanging a lot of stuffs. Here’s a Belgian operative wearing a patch of a sub-unit of the Australian 2nd Commando Regiment.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:55am On Jan 21, 2019
It was dumb luck that the restaurant wasn't full on that 3pm Tuesday, The suicide bomber was wanted in Kenya, sneaked his way to Tanzania, then sneaked all the way to Somalia, then back to Kenya.... and all that time he wasn't caught!!!!!! WTF
I think its time we seriously considered building a wall, we obviously cant secure a 700km boder in an unpopulated region where even local police are miles away..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIkHiwZm4SY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
Like a said in a post above, that "patch" is Blackbeard’s flag predating the skull and bones by about a 100 years and the Seals by about 300, so unless seal team 3 swapped patches with the crew of the Queen Anne’s Revenge along the way, it means nothing.

TayserMahri:

Its actually misguided to ID units based on patches. SOF units from different countries often train and deploy together thereby exchanging a lot of stuffs. Here’s a Belgian operative wearing a patch of a sub-unit of the Australian 2nd Commando Regiment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) ... (2866) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.