Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,913 members, 7,866,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6038864 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) (1844) ... (2855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
saengine:
?

Safety measure: gunners moved cos newly-qualified UGVs took to the field. Apparently, the scenario where 12.7 UGVs provided suppressing fire worked well with the Med/stretcher UGVs, though one still needs Medics to hoist bodies onto the UGVs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
Henry240:

Same can be said about UAVs.

UGVs, RPAs and USVs are the future of warfare. With the likelihood of open combat between countries in a conventional war looking all the more unlikely, and unconventional threats always increasing countries would continue to invest in unmanned systems.

The technology required to hack Umanned machines only exist in nation states, not with unconventional forces.

The investment is very wise, it can only get better.

Tell that to the Ugandan Special Forces Team of 8 obliterated by LRA primitives through EW.
The boundary between conventional and unconventional warfare increasingly is held by nation-states, whilst so-called rebels maximise their advantages.
We're going back into the future of guerrilla warfare.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nigerian army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nigerian navy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nigerian Air Force Regiment

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
Joint Nigerian navy and Brazilian navy exercise.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nigerian navy ships

NNS Aradu in the Dock

NNS Centenary anchored also.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian troops backed by Tanks, MRAPs and Heavily armed Guntrucks fetching water.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nigerian Defence Industry

Tekowi Tactical Patrol Vehicles

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 6:57am On Mar 24, 2019
Henry240:
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian troops backed by Tanks, MRAPs and Heavily armed Guntrucks fetching water.
very beautiful pix but the soft skins is a eyesore.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2019
It's heart-breaking what's happening in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi.

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.mlota.5/videos/1748719621896121/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 24, 2019
frumentius:

I nearly wept watching this video. Truly heartbreaking scenes.

Call me ignorant, but this is the first time i'm hearing/seeing natural disasters of this scale in Africa.

I only hear of Cyclones and Tsunamis and Earthquakes in Asia, not Africa. Is this the first time?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 24, 2019
giles14:
very beautiful pix but the soft skins is a eyesore.
Well...........
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2019
frumentius:

It is really heart breaking and good job to the south african rescue teams.those guys are really professionals
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 24, 2019
Nigerian Air Force SOF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 24, 2019
Henry240:

I nearly wept watching this video. Truly heartbreaking scenes.

Call me ignorant, but this is the first time i'm hearing/seeing natural disasters of this scale in Africa.

I only hear of Cyclones and Tsunamis and Earthquakes in Asia, not Africa. Is this the first time?

You've missed the previous years when I and other Saffers have posted about cyclones in Moz and SAAF deployments?

List of cyclones making landfall in Mozambique:

Nadia 1994
Bonita 1996
Leon - Eline 2000
Hudah 2000
Dera 2001
Delfina 2003
Japhet 2003
Elite 2004
Flavio 2007
Jokwe 2008
Dando 2012
Funso 2012
Irina 2012
Dineo 2017

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 24, 2019
frumentius:

You've missed the previous years when I and other Saffers have posted about cyclones in Moz and SAAF deployments?

List of cyclones making landfall in Mozambique:

Nadia 1994
Bonita 1996
Leon - Eline 2000
Hudah 2000
Dera 2001
Delfina 2003
Japhet 2003
Elite 2004
Flavio 2007
Jokwe 2008
Dando 2012
Funso 2012
Irina 2012
Dineo 2017
I usually thought it was "small" flooding, dam flooding like we sometimes have here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 24, 2019
South-African Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2019
Pakistani air chief flies F16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBTXlmjnqQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 10:04am On Mar 24, 2019
frumentius:

Safety measure: gunners moved cos newly-qualified UGVs took to the field. Apparently, the scenario where 12.7 UGVs provided suppressing fire worked well with the Med/stretcher UGVs, though one still needs Medics to hoist bodies onto the UGVs.

I should have been more clear. Was asking what type of weapons system that is. Don't know if my eyes are deceiving me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2019
The SA Military Command Council comprised of the Chief of the SANDF, Chiefs of Joint Operations, the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, Military Health Services and Defence Inteligence, giving a briefing to the President on search and rescue operations in Mozambique and Malawi.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2019
Mother Nature in the form of Cyclone Idai. No words.

WARNING: graphic video

https://www.facebook.com/fadel.allie/videos/10157418972563643/?t=3
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
frumentius:

Tell that to the Ugandan Special Forces Team of 8 obliterated by LRA primitives through EW.
The boundary between conventional and unconventional warfare increasingly is held by nation-states, whilst so-called rebels maximise their advantages.
We're going back into the future of guerrilla warfare.
It was Uruguayans not Ugandans.

And it was because they had their personal cellphones on them. Technology to track cellphones is widely available and has been used by organised crime in RSA on a number of occasions.

"Hacking" military grade links is a completely different matter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2019
patches689:

It was Uruguayans not Ugandans.

And it was because they had their personal cellphones on them. Technology to track cellphones is widely available and has been used by organised crime in RSA on a number of occasions.

"Hacking" military grade links is a completely different matter.

A Ugandan team in CAR also made the same mistake.

I know military grade links are more robust, that's why I said a half-way decent adversary. I know the Saudis are ridiculously inept, but there's one case I'm aware of where the Houthis used a Saudi convoy's electronic footprint to fix them. Now of course the Houthis could've used Iranian know-how, but they're a non-state actor nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2019
Nigerian navy SBS

Obangame 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
Off-Topic

Myanmmar Air Force JF-17B

Sexy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Texman21: 6:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
Henry240:
Off-Topic
Myanmmar Air Force JF-17B
Sexy
when is our own coming am starting to lose hope
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
Texman21:
when is our own coming am starting to lose hope
Let's see before 2019 runs out. The mistake i think we made was purchasing from the Pakistani production line, if we had gone through China, ours would have been delivered.

Although, i'm not really too worried, if delays or small purchase is because we are waiting for the Block 3, that would be even more fantastic.

Nonetheless, the JF-17 is a beautiful aircraft. There are rumors it shot down an Indian MIG-21 Bison, if that is true, it can only improve export prospects for the JF-17.

My problem with buying the JF-17 block 2 is, if we receive them in 2019, we would have to fly them for 30 - 35 years, if not 40. 4gen fighter jets are reaching a stage of obsolescence.

I'd much prefer we get 6 units of JF-17 block 2 and 18 units of JF-17 Block 3. AESA and PL-15 missile. The PL-15 is the Chinese equivalent of the European meteor missile.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Texman21: 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2019
Henry240:

Let's see before 2019 runs out. The mistake i think we made was purchasing from the Pakistani production line, if we had gone through China, ours would have been delivered.

Although, i'm not really too worried, if delays or small purchase is because we are waiting for the Block 3, that would be even more fantastic.

Nonetheless, the JF-17 is a beautiful aircraft. There are rumors it shot down an Indian MIG-21 Bison, if that is true, it can only improve export prospects for the JF-17.

My problem with buying the JF-17 block 2 is, if we receive them in 2019, we would have to fly them for 30 - 35 years, if not 40. 4gen fighter jets are reaching a stage of obsolescence.

I'd much prefer we get 6 units of JF-17 block 2 and 18 units of JF-17 Block 3. AESA and PL-15 missile. The PL-15 is the Chinese equivalent of the European meteor missile.
i have seen the pl-15 but what about the pl-9c we have
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EMW01: 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2019
Kenya Air Force new AW-139 .
It's a good addition but logistical and maintenance issues might prove difficult with mi-17s, Hueys, puma's, Harbin Z9s, eurocopter fennecs and MD 500.Is there a procurement strategy ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2019
Texman21:
i have seen the pl-15 but what about the pl-9c we have
The PL-9C is a very good missile, but it's a within visual range missile. The PL-15 on the other hand is a next generation BVRAAM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) (1844) ... (2855) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: lionel4power(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.