Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5954303 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nigerian made Ballistic Shield, Bullet Proof vest, helmet, surveillance equipment.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nigerian troops in the Gembu Highlands.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
61mech:
Does anyone know why the Recces wear those helmets ?
I've seen pics of them wearing those back in the Bush War as well.

They look to me like Vietnam era US helmets.
The only other distinctive helmets that I know of is the Parrabats model.

Been meaning to ask also! Generally specops being true light fighters don't bother with body armour.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Fidha254:
So the Dusit Incident and the swift reaction and resolve by security forces didn't go entirely unnoticed in the global diplomatic an IC community.

Indeed, we must have gotten better, I hope we will see some joint Kenya-Russia Or even Africa Russia joint training exercises in the future, from the pics I have seen on twitter, looks like most African countries attended the first Africa-Russia Summit.

pic 1 to 3 was during the bilateral meeting with the Kenyan delegation where Putin said those words. (Notice how Putin maintains strong eye contact when he is listening, thats gangsta right there, most presidents avoid making long eye contact)

The West has already been outflanked by China and soon Russia will follow.

In 2017, CAR President Faustin-Archange Touadera reached out to Russian President Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of a UN General Assembly meeting, asking for help. It was a meeting that stunned many on the security council, especially France, which had advised the presidents of CAR for years.
Valery Zakharov, a former Russian intelligence official, stepped in as an adviser to CAR's president.

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/talktojazeera/inthefield/2019/04/russia-africa-military-training-centre-car-190411152658162.html

The CAR is a giant security vacuum in the middle of Africa! Internal policing much less a proper standing army is a dream. Even simple border procedures ie customs and immigration are absent. In S Sudan 12 years back I was told the S yubo border was unmanned. In the interior roads are non existent and if a truck pulls up after maybe 6 months the locals flee. You can get a multimillion dollar timber concession by buying the chief a motorcycle!?
They've now arrived in N Moz after Al Qaeda proxies have gotten busy.

Russian mercenaries and military hardware have arrived in Mozambique to help the government fight jihadists in the latest example of an African country turning to Moscow for help.

The contingent of about 200 soldiers, including elite troops, three attack helicopters and crew in the southern African state reflects the Kremlin’s increased influence on the continent.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mozambique-calls-on-russian-firepower-t2205dxh9

As Africans we should chose our allies wisely without being beholden to those who've effed us continuously for 150 years. Btw,you noticed how the US turned down the Msa highway job even after Uhuru got the Donald to get it started? Supposedly the US doesn't trust our repayment ability-eff 'em!?

edit-Saffas,does any of you know the real deal with the recent N Moz shenanigans? ISIL (!?) and Al Shabab have killed hundreds since late 2017 in Cabo Delgado bordering Tz.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
More photos and specs of Ezugwu MRAP

This one has add-on armour and long range surveillance system equipment on it.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
DICON Metallurgical and Materials Testing Laboratories.It is important to note that Metallurgical and Materials Engineering development remains the key to the advancement of defence industries.

This is the lab where DICON tests the integrity of it metal used in armoured vehicle production.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
kabe1:
More photos and specs of Ezugwu MRAP

This one has add-on armour and long range surveillance system equipment on it.

I'm really happy to see NA integrating solutions from lessons learnt, particularly with the thermal optics mounted on top of the vehicles for better situational awareness.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
How true is this !!!
Russia hands Nigeria 12 attack helicopters after Buhari meets Putin

ttps://www.pulse.ng/news/local/russia-hands-nigeria-12-attack-helicopters/jkb9jp7?Echobox=1572005284#utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Pulse-Nigeria-Main&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
jteku:
How true is this !!!
Russia hands Nigeria 12 attack helicopters after Buhari meets Putin

ttps://www.pulse.ng/news/local/russia-hands-nigeria-12-attack-helicopters/jkb9jp7?Echobox=1572005284#utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Pulse-Nigeria-Main&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook
it supposed to be Niger republic not Nigeria...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
shadowprimezero:

I'm really happy to see NA integrating solutions from lessons learnt, particularly with the thermal optics mounted on top of the vehicles for better situational awareness.
What I also like is the addition of add-on armour, passenger windows and the improvement on the turret.

I'm sure there's going to be provision for blast seats as those have not been added.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
shadowprimezero:

I would like them to redesign the front of the vehicle though, I really don't like the design there. Other than that, it looks like a very nice APC.

The front grill looks like this ugly Russian Zil Karatel MRAP. Although this Russian FSB vehicle is worse.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
kabe1:

I would like them to redesign the front of the vehicle though, I really don't like the design there. Other than that, it looks like a very nice APC.

The front grill looks like this ugly Russian Zil Karatel MRAP. Although this Russian FSB vehicle is worse.
grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:54am On Oct 26, 2019
Ezugwu MRAP

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2019
This one is another vehicle

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:56am On Oct 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 8:22am On Oct 26, 2019
kabe1:
Nigerian made Ballistic Shield, Bullet Proof vest, helmet, surveillance equipment.

Now,that's something I'd been wanting to see.

For the Ezugwu MRAP, looks good but too many blind spots.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2019
Ah! I wonder why the Army won't just hire a professional photographer for those events and we're stuck with these grainy ass third party pics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2019
kabe1:
Ezugwu MRAP

Looks like the armour plates were held with bolts and nuts

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Carmit(m): 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Fynline:

My thoughts exactly.

But they definitely aren't dummies.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
i would need a lot more info on the Ezugwu before I could say it is good or bad. How heavy is it, was is the armor rated at, what is the cargo storage like, how powerful is the engine, extra extra. For now it a metal box on wheels

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
andrewza:
i would need a lot more info on the Ezugwu before I could say it is good or bad. How heavy is it, was is the armor rated at, what is the cargo storage like, how powerful is the engine, extra extra. For now it a metal box on wheels
if u don't know don't talk..cos u may never know or get any info on the vehicle..
Why did u just call it metal box on wheels are u a MRAP expert undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
KDF flypast during mashujaa day celebrations 20th oct

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by oyinpr(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Baliv254:
KDF flypast during mashujaa day celebrations 20th oct
chai see the Cobras wey America no allow us buy from Israel cry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 3:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
apc (MRAPs are just APC don't be tricked by a fancy US name) are just metal boxes on tracks or wheels.

And I am more just advising you all not to celebrate to soon. All we have now are pics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
also a 21 gun salute 'sail past' by the Kenya navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Impressive expo by the KDF. Fantastic!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
andrewza:

Here you go.

kabe1:
NIGERIAN ARMY TO LAUNCH INDIGENOUS MINE RESISTANT AMBUSH PROTECTED VEHICLE

The Nigerian Army is set to launch its first indigenous Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle designed and built by Command Engineering Depot in collaboration with the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria. It is named ‘EZUGWU MRAP’

The 4x4 Armoured Vehicle is designed to carry out transportation in smooth and rough terrain. It has capability to assault with high volume of fire.

The primary armament includes a 12.7 mm Anti-Aircraft Gun and a 7.62 mm Light Machine Gun. It is good for counter-terrorism, maintenance of stability and also a perfect vehicle for urban warfare.

The vehicle is characterized by good protection performance, strong cross-country capability, high reliability, easy maintenance, and can operate in severe cold as well as sweltering desert areas.

It carries a crew of 12: commander, driver, two gunners and eight soldiers.

You are kindly requested to disseminate above information to the general public for awareness. Thank you for your usual cooperation.

ABDULRASHEED AHMED
Capt
for Coordinator
Nigerian Army Operations Media

25 October 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Fynline:

It is the same thing used on this APC.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
shadowprimezero:
Ah! I wonder why the Army won't just hire a professional photographer for those events and we're stuck with these grainy ass third party pics.
They look like phone camera photographs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by blacKDalia: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
andrewza:

apc (MRAPs are just APC don't be tricked by a fancy US name) are just metal boxes on tracks or wheels.

And I am more just advising you all not to celebrate to soon. All we have now are pics.

Exactly my thoughts. Until it stands the test of time before I agree the army made a world class MRAP.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
kabe1:

Here you go.

That does not answer any thing though

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
andrewza:

That does not answer any thing though
That's the information available.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Exnavyboy62 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.