Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5982271 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2019
jteku:
Bubu on his way to Russia right now, what is the best deal he can get

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/insurgency-nigeria-to-procure-additional-fighter-helicopters-from-russia-presidency/

I always knew it was just going to be fast tracking of remaining MI35M, some vehicles and artillery (maybe MLRS) in the short run.
Yaks and SUs or MIGs, no money yet.

I think a large haul of hardware financed by ECA money is coming over the next 18 months and it will make big difference to security

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:16am On Oct 22, 2019
Jimi24:

I always knew it was just going to be fast tracking of remaining MI35M, some vehicles and artillery (maybe MLRS) in the short run.
Yaks and SUs or MIGs, no money yet.

I think a large haul of hardware financed by ECA money is coming over the next 18 months and it will make big difference to security
As for the MI35 we have already signed the deal but not paid for all.Its every year we pay for two each or something Four...But as for this year it's like we paid for only one and it's coming possibly December..It might be The yak and MIG deal hopefully

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 7:34am On Oct 22, 2019
Toju200:
As for the MI35 we have already signed the deal but not paid for all.Its every year we pay for two each or something Four...But as for this year it's like we paid for only one and it's coming possibly December..It might be The yak and MIG deal hopefully

Yaks or MIGs?
To be financed from where?. Except we buy the ones Russians are already using and pay with a gas deal or minning lease for oil or a strategic metal. Nigeria has NO money
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:00am On Oct 22, 2019
Jimi24:

Yaks or MIGs?
To be financed from where?. Except we buy the ones Russians are already using and pay with a gas deal or minning lease for oil or a strategic metal. Nigeria has NO money
Dats why it's a deal..We don't know what's involved..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 22, 2019
CSIR proposes study into robotic wingman for SAAF

"A robotic wingman, a type of unmanned aerial vehicle, could be well suited to South African Air Force (SAAF) requirements, says a senior a senior engineer from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), the South African government’s technology think tank."

"He would like to see a study of the robotic wingman concept ahead of a Gripen fighter upgrade. This option would be considerably less costly than an elaborate upgrade or buying new fighters as it would be a cost-effective solution to add to the long-range punch of the Gripens."

"He proposes that the robotic wingman project be implemented together with a Gripen midlife upgrade. The aircraft, which should have a lifespan of over 20 years, is due for an upgrade in a few years’ time."

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/unmanned-aerial-vehicles/csir-proposes-study-into-robotic-wingman-for-saaf/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2019
jln115:
CSIR proposes study into robotic wingman for SAAF

"A robotic wingman, a type of unmanned aerial vehicle, could be well suited to South African Air Force (SAAF) requirements, says a senior a senior engineer from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), the South African government’s technology think tank."

"He would like to see a study of the robotic wingman concept ahead of a Gripen fighter upgrade. This option would be considerably less costly than an elaborate upgrade or buying new fighters as it would be a cost-effective solution to add to the long-range punch of the Gripens."

"He proposes that the robotic wingman project be implemented together with a Gripen midlife upgrade. The aircraft, which should have a lifespan of over 20 years, is due for an upgrade in a few years’ time."

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/unmanned-aerial-vehicles/csir-proposes-study-into-robotic-wingman-for-saaf/

It's funny that i remember now grin
Long time back when i was searching for CSIR website i got confused for a moment when SA site kept popping up consistently.

CSIR - Council of Scientific and Industrial Research is an autonomous R & D body in Ind...
Est 1942 and controls around 40 R & D institutions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2019
I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade those AAM's to Umkhonto missiles ?
The SAHV missile that it was based on was designed to swap out with Crotale missiles on the same launcher.

The Chinese missile is basically a straight up copy of the Crotale if I'm not mistaken.

Algerian1:
C28A heavy corvet . algerian navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
Jimi24:

Yaks or MIGs?

Correction "YOU HAVE NO MONEY". Stop projecting
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
AskiaHarem:

Correction "YOU HAVE NO MONEY". Stop projecting
Correction Nigeria has money BUT not for Migs and Yaks...... And SA is in the same boat.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tobiloba2407: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2019

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
The family of Thunders cool

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mupper2: 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2019
kabe1:
Please what vehicle is this?

It must be sweet to be an American soldier.

The kind of gun you have available.
It's a Pandur, from Austria, used by Delta force and some elements of the 75th Ranger Regt
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Show me a country that have the money.
The US is over 22 trillion dollars in debt at this point, it's all borrowed money, Nigeria is just too scared to owe.
Besides, we sadly have an inefficient tax system, that's something a serious govt should tackle first, if every Nigerian who earns income pay taxes, I mean, so much more would be accomplished in that country. As long as that money isn't wasted of course
jln115:

Correction Nigeria has money BUT not for Migs and Yaks...... And SA is in the same boat.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2019
Sizzorkay:
The US is over 22 trillion dollars in debt at this point, it's all borrowed money, Nigeria is just too scared to owe.
Besides, we sadly have an inefficient tax system, that's something a serious govt should tackle first, if every Nigerian who earns income pay taxes, I mean, so much more would be accomplished in that country. As long as that money isn't wasted of course
China.... China has real money.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
yea they do have money, they are also 5 trillion dollars in debt, that's my point, you don't use your own money for these things, use some, but most are borrowed, even Saudi Arabia owes money, regardless if they are considered rich
Not an economist grin, just what i know on the surface of things
kabe1:

China.... China has real money.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
mupper2:

It's a Pandur, from Austria, used by Delta force and some elements of the 75th Ranger Regt
It must really be nice to have all that firepower.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Except the US don't default on their debt and have a AA+ credit rating.

And its not that Nigeria can't afford Migs and Yaks, I mean if Algeria can field such a formidable defence force, then its entirely possible Nigeria could to..... It's just that the social economics don't allow for this.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:46am On Oct 23, 2019
Always talking about Nigeria as if you work in the Nigerian Govt grin
No such thing as social economics restricting the Govt, any serious country with security challenges will do whatever it takes to get the right assets, nothing is stopping Nigeria from doing the same, Russia right there, can fulfill every single one of our security needs.
And who's talking about credit rating, come out here and see tons of schools in New York already shut down because there is no money, USA is broke, period, I've spent half my life here, it's all fantasy.
But hey, not gonna debate over this, carry on chief
jln115:

Except the US don't default on their debt and have a AA+ credit rating.

And its not that Nigeria can't afford Migs and Yaks, I mean if Algeria can field such a formidable defence force, then its entirely possible Nigeria could to..... It's just that the social economics don't allow for this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 23, 2019
Sizzorkay:
No such thing as social economics restricting the Govt, any serious country with security challenges will do whatever it takes to get the right assets, nothing is stopping Nigeria from doing the same, Russia right there, can fulfill every single one of our security needs.
And who's talking about credit rating, come out here and see tons of schools in New York already shut down because there is no money, USA is broke, period, I've spent half my life here, it's all fantasy.
OK bro simple question...... So why is Nigeria only spending 1% of gdp on defence? You obviously said their are no restrictions stopping government from spending more!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2019
Bro, like i said, it's lack of seriousness, if the leaders truly want to haul in decent military assets, they will do just that, we've done it before.
It's all about what we consider priority, if Abuja and all of Nigeria is about to fall into BH or Iswap's hands, you think we won't find the means? please.
Anyways, I'm done here chief. Just my own opinion.
jln115:

OK bro simple question...... So why is Nigeria only spending 1% of gdp on defence? You obviously said their are no restrictions stopping government from spending more!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Bro, like i said, it's lack of seriousness, if the leaders truly want to haul in decent military assets, they will do just that, we've done it before.
It's all about what we consider priority, if Abuja and all of Nigeria is about to fall into BH or Iswap's hands, you think we won't find the means? please.
Anyways, I'm done here chief. Just my own opinion.
That {bolded} was literally the point i was making when i said social economic restrictions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:42am On Oct 23, 2019
grin grin
jln115:

That {bolded} was literally the point i was making when i said social economic restrictions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Carmit(m): 7:59am On Oct 23, 2019
jln115:

What percentage of GDP does SA expend on defence?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Carmit(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Anytime Nigerian borrows money, theres always this uprour that comes with it... It's confusing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2019
Carmit:

What percentage of GDP does SA expend on defence?
less than 1% of GDP probably around 0.97%
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jkay187(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2019
jln115:
less than 1% of GDP probably around 0.97%

We should be spending around R98bn annually just to keep current capabilities.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2019
Jkay187:

We should be spending around R98bn annually just to keep current capabilities.
Exactly!! We should not be spending under 2% of GDP on defence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sizzorkay:
he is right

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
x
MiddleDimension:
he is right
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
Let me rephrase. Nigeria can raise money hut we dont have enough fiscally now. Its s $400bn economy. It should be raising $50bn from taxes alone. Another $40bn from oil and gas income. We have been corruptly slack for too long.

We should put defence/security on first line charge on the federation account . Maybe even statutory transfer. We should be spending minimum of $5bn on defence. If we do that we would be compelled to develop local defence industry which will probably make $8bn from arms exports alone and employ possibly 500,000 people down from local foundries, machine shops to electronic manufacturing complexes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: MiddleDimension, LeeMason(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.