Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5982186 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
Battle hardened T'chadian MNJTF soldiers in the NE

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
rka2:

Most are not serviceable because when defence equipment is purchased, you should also have a separate maintenance contract for said equipment from the manufacturer or agent and a ready supply of spare parts. That is the proper way to buy equipment. Look at Morocco, for example, they have a maintenance contract for their F16s.
Thankfully, the Tucano deal also includes an initial maintenance contract I believe.

Bless u
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:
nigeria has actualy the potencial to become a world power....

but do you realy want to become like amelika of today....?? undecided undecided

LOL, nigeria world power?.. Loooooooooooool I must say your patriotism is beyond words.

Well all world powers should at least have uninterrupted light, good transportation systems, affordable accommodations,jobs and merit-able environment, and ignorant of the law shouldn't be an excuse, likewise all citizens must be equal before the law.

You see my friend the odd of Nigeria being a world power is 0.00000000000(after zillion zillion zeros) 00000.0, since em born me for this country I haven't benefited shit from it, rather have given it my undivided attention and a part of me, but guess wah? The shitty country spit on my face.

Who said nigeria isn't weak? And proxy war can't work in Nigeria? (civil war, we all know that war was fought on proxy by France. ) bakassi pensula disputes (France again) tchad dispute of maiduguri (1980 something, general buhari pursued tchad troops deeped into their capital. Still france)

There are many people willing to sell information to any country willing to provide em what nigeria couldn't.

As of now, nigeria is the weakest country in West Africa, any big nation can have a dance till dawn over us.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 2:32am On Oct 21, 2019
Sorry but that's utter rubbish. and the guy never said Nigeria will be, he said Nigeria has the "Potential", you missed that part? Not long ago China have little military power, can you say the same today? Some nations stand still, some forge a plan, stick to it and get to where they need to be, what's stopping Nigeria from becoming a world power? Those other countries called "World powers" fell from the sky? Or are they not people, sad to look down on yourselves like this, it''s not something that isn't achievable, might not be in our life times grin grin, but it's doable
Nicheey:

LOL, nigeria world power?.. Loooooooooooool I must say your patriotism is beyond words.

Well all world powers should at least have uninterrupted light, good transportation systems, affordable accommodations,jobs and merit-able environment, and ignorant of the law shouldn't be an excuse, likewise all citizens must be equal before the law.

You see my friend the odd of Nigeria being a world power is 0.00000000000(after zillion zillion zeros) 00000.0, since em born me for this country I haven't benefited shit from it, rather have given it my undivided attention and a part of me, but guess wah? The shitty country spit on my face.

Who said nigeria isn't weak? And proxy war can't work in Nigeria? (civil war, we all know that war was fought on proxy by France. ) bakassi pensula disputes (France again) tchad dispute of maiduguri (1980 something, general buhari pursued tchad troops deeped into their capital. Still france)

There are many people willing to sell information to any country willing to provide em what nigeria couldn't.

As of now, nigeria is the weakest country in West Africa, any big nation can have a dance till dawn over us.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:46am On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

Nigeria is the weakest country in West Africa grin see ur mouth..I need proof to what u just said pls grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:08am On Oct 21, 2019
I knew there are some itching to comment on that out-of-the-blue rant.
grin very predictable

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obidark: 7:27am On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

something wrong with you....

look at all this gibberish you just spewed....

disgusting....
why dont you just pack your things and become a citizen of another nation....!!??

just go already....!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:41am On Oct 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Sorry but that's utter rubbish. and the guy never said Nigeria will be, he said Nigeria has the "Potential", you missed that part? Not long ago China have little military power, can you say the same today? Some nations stand still, some forge a plan, stick to it and get to where they need to be, what's stopping Nigeria from becoming a world power? Those other countries called "World powers" fell from the sky? Or are they not people, sad to look down on yourselves like this, it''s not something that isn't achievable, [/b]might not be in our life times grin grin, but it's doable[b]
This place weak me
Well we should have wisened up a long tym ago.. An alien just come makes a jobless rant and in the next 5 pages will be reading a novel

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 9:50am On Oct 21, 2019
Toju200:
Nigeria is the weakest country in West Africa grin see ur mouth..I need proof to what u just said pls grin

Bruh a house divided amongst its self can't stand, we all know the status quo in present day nigeria. Bayelsa state I was schooling (I'm from rivers) the kind discrimination non indigene goes through eh(when I was in FUO) you'll ask your self if bayelsa is part of nigeria.

How many air defense systems do we have( the obsolete except the shiaka)

How many Armour divisions do we have?
How many state to art interceptors? "
How many dedicated helicopters?

Let's talk bout the water ways.
Imagine France in it's usual self got bored of play proxy and came for the kills?.

At exactly 0001hrs two frigates appears on falcon eye radar, then the branch at Lagos picked 2 others. Your guest as good as mine, naval blockade. How do we defend that? How many of our vessels are blue sea worthy?.

See many things dey for this country wey em fit use against am, e dey endless if u start mention. Unity is everything bruh, the day I left bayelsa was the day I completely gave up on nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2019
obidark:

something wrong with you....

look at all this gibberish you just spewed....

disgusting....
why dont you just pack your things and become a citizen of another nation....!!??

just go already....!!

One thing bout nigerians I hate is their inability to argue logically. Waytin concern u concern if something dey worry me or not?.
When I quote you I say anything dey worry you or I call u names?.

Bout the other country, bruh I ain't moving muscle. This country needs a total over haul of its leaders. when that happens, it'll be needing a new leader (that's me).

Good night from Port Harcourt. grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Sorry but that's utter rubbish. and the guy [/b]never said Nigeria will be[b], he said Nigeria has the [/b]"Potential"[b], you missed that part? Not long ago China have little military power, can you say the same today? Some nations stand still, some forge a plan, stick to it and get to where they need to be, what's stopping Nigeria from becoming a world power? Those other countries called "World powers" fell from the sky? Or are they not people, sad to look down on yourselves like this, it''s not something that isn't achievable, might not be in our life times grin grin, but it's doable

First bolded: thank God he said that.

Second bolded:thank God he said potential. Even I once had potential of entering the NDA grin

Bruh no dey compare China military of then to Nigeria military of now, or even use China as example to Nigeria shortcomings, E get why.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obidark: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

One thing bout nigerians I hate is their inability to argue logically. Waytin concern u concern if something dey worry me or not?.
When I quote you I say anything dey worry you or I call u names?.

Bout the other country, bruh I ain't moving muscle. This country needs a total over haul of its leaders. when that happens, it'll be needing a new leader (that's me).

Good night from Port Harcourt. grin grin

buhuhuhuhu....you hate yourself and you wanto die....buhu....

go kill your self already than trying to drag everybody around you down with you too....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obidark: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

Bruh a house divided amongst its self can't stand, we all know the status quo in present day nigeria. Bayelsa state I was schooling (I'm from rivers) the kind discrimination non indigene goes through eh(when I was in FUO) you'll ask your self if bayelsa is part of nigeria.

Imagine France in it's usual self got bored of play proxy and came for the kills?.

At exactly 0001hrs two frigates appears on falcon eye radar, then the branch at Lagos picked 2 others. Your guest as good as mine, naval blockade. How do we defend that? How many of our vessels are blue sea worthy?.

See many things dey for this country wey em fit use against am, e dey endless if u start mention. Unity is everything bruh, the day I left bayelsa was the day I completely gave up on nigeria.

look,germany had nothing....they were forbiden to build anything....

then something happened and in a few years,they had plenty hardware....

the production lines are already their in nigeria....

even the military themselves set up a production line....
it only needs a few years and nigeria would become dangerous as hell...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2019
obidark:

buhuhuhuhu....you hate yourself and you wanto die....buhu....

go kill your self already than trying to drag everybody around you down with you too....

Please leave me alone.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:19am On Oct 21, 2019
obidark:

look,germany had nothing....they were forbiden to build anything....

then something happened and in a few years,they had plenty hardware....

the production lines are already their in nigeria....

even the military themselves set up a production line....
it only needs a few years and nigeria would become dangerous as hell...

Germans were united,they believed in a false prophecy which said they were the alpha race.

Who said Germans had nothing?
Bruh let's leave it like that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:45am On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

in terms of Helo we have the most sophisticated among the MI series,We are receiving the jf17 thunder jets And may also Get the Block 3 once its ready for Export, Nigeria will possibly get the MiG fighter and YAK 130.If you follow the 10year strategic plan of NAF you'll know our military is Getting somewhere.NAF has Achieved more than 20% of that plan.If we are to buy missile frigates or Subs is Going to be more of a liability than an asset.The Navy is focusing to have what it takes to counter Maritime challenge By next year we are receiving new naval Helo,Drone landing ship tanks And an indigenous Naval vessel with missile Capable..So tell me which West Africa nation is up to our Standard

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obidark: 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

Germans were united,they believed in a false prophecy which said they were the alpha race.

Who said Germans had nothing?
Bruh let's leave it like that.

what did they had....they had practicaly nothing left after the previous war....

i double dare you prove me wrong....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obidark: 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

This place weak me
Well we should have wisened up a long tym ago.. An alien just come makes a jobless rant and in the next 5 pages will be reading a novel

did you just called me a alien....??

yeah,somehow you are right....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obidark: 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

Please leave me alone.

say pweety pwease with cherry ontop....

kiiki....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
The first semi auto pistol and SMG! Both invented by Germans,ofc the Borchardt and Schmeisser M18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfrf-0O2UDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z7O8SZhdgw

The Luger pistol followed while the M18 was introduced in 1918 to add firepower to break the trench warfare stalemate. Tbh,it wasn't the first SMG but the first to be properly operationalised. The double barreled Italian Villar-Perosa came out in 1915 but was too delicate and awkward but infantry use.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
Toju200:
in terms of Helo we have the most sophisticated among the MI series,We are receiving the jf17 thunder jets And may also Get the Block 3 once its ready for Export, Nigeria will possibly get the MiG fighter and YAK 130.If you follow the 10year strategic plan of NAF you'll know our military is Getting somewhere.NAF has Achieved more than 20% of that plan.If we are to buy missile frigates or Subs is Going to be more of a liability than an asset.The Navy is focusing to have what it takes to counter Maritime challenge By next year we are receiving new naval Helo,Drone landing ship tanks And an indigenous Naval vessel with missile Capable..So tell me which West Africa nation is up to our Standard

Jf17 since how many years? I be dey write jamb that year when naf say em procure m, now I dey 200 level.

Yak130? A trainer jet and a light attack aircraft With a top speed of 1,050 k/h? Really. What's the difference between the yak 130 and the and the A-jets? (994 k/h)

So you think have missle frigates and sub are liability? Really?. That's why the navy keeps filling opv up and down.

I noticed you didnt say anything bout our defence systems(perhaps we don't have non).

I agree no country can matched nigeria military might in west Africa, still doesn't change the fact its the weakest.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
obidark:

what did they had....they had practicaly nothing left after the previous war....

i double dare you prove me wrong....

Have you heard of the German empire?.
Here enlighten your self.

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Army_(German_Empire)&hl=en-NG

Now compare that to present day nigeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

Jf17 since how many years? I be dey write jamb that year when naf say em procure m, now I dey 200 level.

Yak130? A trainer jet and a light attack aircraft With a top speed of 1,050 k/h? Really. What's the difference between the yak 130 and the and the A-jets? (994 k/h)

So you think have missle frigates and sub are liability? Really?. That's why the navy keeps filling opv up and down.

I noticed you didnt say anything bout our defence systems(perhaps we don't have non).

I agree no country can matched nigeria military might in west Africa, still doesn't change the fact its the weakest.
You just compared the Yak 130 and the alpha jet in terms of speed and not Capability.As for the JF17 thunders there are reasons why it's still delayed which I don't know.The Navy is Acquiring OPVs because of our current Maritime situation.Why would we buy Subs to fight Pirates..Note Nigeria is not the weakest and can never be.Though we are still lagging behind in terms of Air defense that's the reason why The NAF has engaged in the TRACON project (Total Radar coverage over Nigeria) Tell me which other Africa country apart from SA, Egypt and Algeria,Morroco has A dedicated Naval Airwing or Operates Satellites for Military purpose.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obidark: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nicheey:

Have you heard of the German empire?.
Here enlighten your self.

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Army_(German_Empire)&hl=en-NG

Now compare that to present day nigeria

you seem to dont understand what i mean....

germany was in shambles before second world war....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
Off topic

Test of the chinese PJ26 76mm Naval Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nESfMlI19jY

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
C28A heavy corvet . algerian navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jkay187(m): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Two Russian
Tu-160 strategic bombers and
several military transport aircraft
will pay a visit to the South African
Republic in the framework of
bilateral cooperation, the Russian
Defenсe Ministry said Monday.
"An air group consisting of two Tu-160 strategic
bombers and Il-62 and An-124 military transport
aircraft will visit the South African Republic. The
purpose of the visit is to develop bilateral military
cooperation and work out issues of interaction
between the Russian Aerospace Forces and the South
African Air Force," the ministry said in a statement.
According to the statement, the visit
aims "to help improve combat training
of the flight personnel of the two
countries."
The Tu-160 (NATO designation:
Blackjack) is a supersonic missile
carrier bomber, developed in the
1970s by aerospace and defence
company Tupolev. It is considered the
largest and heaviest supersonic aircraft
ever built and is dubbed the “White
Swan” for its vast wingspan, painted
with anti-flash white.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201910211077110184-two-russian-tu-160-strategic-bombers-to-visit-south-africa/

Very interesting development this will stir up tensions especially amongst SA's Western aligned politicians. It will also get a reaction from US very soon.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
Jkay187:
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Two Russian
Tu-160 strategic bombers and
several military transport aircraft
will pay a visit to the South African
Republic in the framework of
bilateral cooperation, the Russian
Defenсe Ministry said Monday.
"An air group consisting of two Tu-160 strategic
bombers and Il-62 and An-124 military transport
aircraft will visit the South African Republic. The
purpose of the visit is to develop bilateral military
cooperation and work out issues of interaction
between the Russian Aerospace Forces and the South
African Air Force," the ministry said in a statement.
According to the statement, the visit
aims "to help improve combat training
of the flight personnel of the two
countries."
The Tu-160 (NATO designation:
Blackjack) is a supersonic missile
carrier bomber, developed in the
1970s by aerospace and defence
company Tupolev. It is considered the
largest and heaviest supersonic aircraft
ever built and is dubbed the “White
Swan” for its vast wingspan, painted
with anti-flash white.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201910211077110184-two-russian-tu-160-strategic-bombers-to-visit-south-africa/

Very interesting development this will stir up tensions especially amongst SA's Western aligned politicians. It will also get a reaction from US very soon.
Why? Russia has had bilateral military cooperation with SA for years and years now..... Nothing different to this visit
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2019

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
How cool is this?

As a country, you know you dare not attack them.

Just look at that American flag oh!!!!!

Boy oh boy.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
Please what vehicle is this?

It must be sweet to be an American soldier.

The kind of gun you have available.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.