Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6152427 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (2866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
The helicopter involved the crash in Enugu was an AW-109 NAF 570. It's the only 109 in NAF's fleet painted grey.

Write off

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
jteku:

Drivers view pretty bad, can this thing run above 50km/h

The vehicle has a top speed of 120km/h.

I don't like the view at all. They are going for an IFV view in an APC. Something similar to this.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
jteku:
The helicopter involved the crash in Enugu was an AW-109 NAF 570. It's the only 109 in NAF's fleet painted grey.

Write off
it's not a write off.it was mainly a tail damage
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Toju200:

Guy I don't think it can fly again

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
jteku:

Guy I don't think it can fly again
Bro it can be overhauled and it will fly again
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
Toju200:
Bro it can be overhauled and it will fly again
It cannot fly again. An Helicopter is not a car that can be easily fixed.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
kabe1:

It cannot fly again. An Helicopter is not a car that can be easily fixed.
its not car but an Aircraft.It can be Overhauled. And it will be back to flight.Ok tell me what will now be D fate of the platform if it can't be overhauled When literally there's no extensive damage on the cockpit area...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
Toju200:
its not car but an Aircraft.It can be Overhauled. And it will be back to flight.Ok tell me what will now be D fate of the platform if it can't be overhauled When literally there's no extensive damage on the cockpit area...
Can you see the fire that has affected the rotor system at all?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
kabe1:

Can you see the fire that has affected the rotor system at all?
Broda go and check the meaning of overhaul

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
Toju200:
Broda go and check the meaning of overhaul
Anyway no need to argue with you. If you say it can be fixed, then it can be fixed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
kabe1:

Anyway no need to argue with you. If you say it can be fixed, then it can be fixed.
well if u say it can't still be fixed so be it. I'm just worried what will be D fate of some less damaged parts
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:13am On Nov 18, 2019
Toju200:
well if u say it can't still be fixed so be it. I'm just worried what will be D fate of some less damaged parts

Spare parts
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 7:23am On Nov 18, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 18, 2019
Toju200:
it's a write off mate!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 18, 2019
Toju200:
entire airframe is compromised, engine burned out, gearbox most likely severely damaged, rotter blades are gone, landing gear severely damaged, flight controls are definitely a write off.....

Can it be overhauled..... YES! But it will cost more to fix than it would to just buy a new one.

Fate? Helicopter would be cannibalised and used for spares.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
Toju200:

It is what one calls beyond economic repair. As already said, what survived will be used as spare parts.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 6:38am On Nov 19, 2019
Someone was complaining about no one watching the troops back when boarding the helicopter. This video shows that is not the case.2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVZRjTxtQSI

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nigerian CDS attending Dubai air show

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Looks like the CDS is speaking with the Chinese Delegation?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2019
Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 11:17am On Nov 20, 2019
Latest addition to the Nigerian Navy Air Wing spotted

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:41am On Nov 20, 2019
shadowprimezero:
im sure dats the recent AW139 given to them by NIMASA, I spot search lights and Cam pod
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by oyinpr(m): 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
Toju200:
im sure dats the recent AW139 given to them by NIMASA, I spot search lights and Cam pod
this is obviously not in Nigeria, Spot the foreign pilots (probably Italian)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
shadowprimezero:
This is a new helicopter, that's nice.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
oyinpr:
this is obviously not in Nigeria, Spot the foreign pilots (probably Italian)
perhaps it went for upgrade..well if it's a new one thank God cos I remember The CNS saying they needed long-range choppers

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
Toju200:
perhaps it went for upgrade..well if it's a new one thank God cos I remember The CNS saying they needed long-range choppers
You argue aimlessly too much.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
kabe1:

You argue aimlessly too much.
Guy u get problem with people sef? I said something based on what I know.i maybe wrong or right,I didn't argue with anyone.NIMASA transferred an AW139 to the Navy and I said that may be the bird.so what's aimless there angry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Toju200:
Guy u get problem with people sef? I said something based on what I know.i maybe wrong or right,I didn't argue with anyone.NIMASA transferred an AW139 to the Navy and I said that may be the bird.so what's aimless there angry

This wasn't the NIMASA one. It's undergoing reactivation within Nigeria like so many other aircraft before it. The one pictured is brand new and pictured in the Leonardo Helicopters factory.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
shadowprimezero:

This wasn't the NIMASA one. It's undergoing reactivation within Nigeria like so many other aircraft before it. The one pictured is brand new and pictured in the Leonardo Helicopters factory.
thanks for making me understand

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
shadowprimezero:

I guess this will clear the air

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
obonomaa:
Someone was complaining about no one watching the troops back when boarding the helicopter. This video shows that is not the case.2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVZRjTxtQSI

They were so stupid using a fabric to spot mark the landing area, didn't they know the force of wind from the blade could blow the fabric and twist them on the blades, abi what was the use of the smoke grenade
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:55am On Nov 21, 2019
Alan Warnes
@warnesyworld
One of the PAC Super Mushshak demonstrators is in static. No appearance by the JF-17 Thunder this year. According to PAC the main marketing drive was saved for Paris in June. I spoke to Nigerian AF Chief on Sat who is looking forward to receiving his three jets next year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (2866) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.