Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5974730 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) (1966) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by malikahmed91279: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2019
Good news for Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 21, 2019
kabe1:

Alan Warnes
@warnesyworld
One of the PAC Super Mushshak demonstrators is in static. No appearance by the JF-17 Thunder this year. According to PAC the main marketing drive was saved for Paris in June. I spoke to Nigerian AF Chief on Sat who is looking forward to receiving his three jets next year
I spoke to Nigerian AF Chief on Sat who is looking forward to receiving his three jets next year

Ive heard the above for the past 3 years........I truly hope you're right however!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2019
jln115:

I spoke to Nigerian AF Chief on Sat who is looking forward to receiving his three jets next year

Ive heard the above for the past 3 years........I truly hope you're right however!
That man is a reporter with Jane's and AIA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/military-helicopters/morocco-looking-to-acquire-36-apache-helicopters/

Morocco looking to acquire 36 Apache helicopters

defenceWeb - Africa\'s leading defence news portal
Milkor
Home Aerospace Military Helicopters
Military Helicopters
Written by defenceWeb -21st Nov 201979

An AH-64 Apache helicopter.
Morocco has requested the sale of 36 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters from the United States in a deal worth $4.25 billion.

The State Department approved the possible Foreign Military Sale, with the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency delivering the required certification notifying Congress of the possible sale on 19 November.

The Moroccan request covers 24 new AH-64E Apaches with another 12 optional, with Boeing and Lockheed Martin being the prime contractors. The request also includes 79 T700-GE-701D engines (including 6 spares), 18 AN/APG-78 Fire Control Radars, Link-16 terminals, weapons, spares and training.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
kabe1:

That man is a reporter with Jane's and AIA
As I said, I hope for your guys sake you are getting them next year!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
kabe1:
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/military-helicopters/morocco-looking-to-acquire-36-apache-helicopters/

defenceWeb - Africa\'s leading defence news portal
Milkor
Home Aerospace Military Helicopters
Military Helicopters
Written by defenceWeb -21st Nov 201979

An AH-64 Apache helicopter.
Morocco has requested the sale of 36 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters from the United States in a deal worth $4.25 billion.

The State Department approved the possible Foreign Military Sale, with the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency delivering the required certification notifying Congress of the possible sale on 19 November.

The Moroccan request covers 24 new AH-64E Apaches with another 12 optional, with Boeing and Lockheed Martin being the prime contractors. The request also includes 79 T700-GE-701D engines (including 6 spares), 18 AN/APG-78 Fire Control Radars,Link-16 terminals, weapons, spares and training.
Link-16 terminals..........Doubt they'll get it though, or if they due it will be a much less capable Link than the one used by NATO imo!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
jln115:
As I said, I hope for your guys sake you are getting them next year!!
I am not a pilot or in the military. I am just a student, why should it be for my sake?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
kabe1:

I am not a pilot or in the military. I am just a student, why should it be for my sake?
Your as in for your military!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
jln115:

Link-16 terminals..........Doubt they'll get it though, or if they due it will be a much less capable Link than the one used by NATO imo!

They already received the newest F16s with LINK 16 Communications Systems, there is nothing like a downgraded version.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
Toju200:
perhaps it went for upgrade..well if it's a new one thank God cos I remember The CNS saying they needed long-range choppers

Yes a Nigerian Senator was saying they advanced money for NN Lynx helicopters ..cant remember whether ECA or other ways and means. I just hope it can launch missiles and depth charges
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
X
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
nemesis8u:

If i say there is ?

The encryption device for encrypting the message runs a stronger and better algo.

As for the transmission channel much complex and harder to isolate waveforms r generated.

If you show me a credible source, i am the first to believe your claims. wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

If you show me a credible source, i am the first to believe your claims. wink

you don't have to believe , nor anybody

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

They already received the newest F16s with LINK 16 Communications Systems, there is nothing like a downgraded version.
it's not about if it's downgraded or not....... It's about how much access they have to link 16

It's the reason why SA spent millions on developing its own data link instead of link 16

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 12:22am On Nov 22, 2019
Nigerian Army MEDEVAC

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 12:26am On Nov 22, 2019
NAF ATR-42 ISR aircraft landing and MDGR Airforce base.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 12:27am On Nov 22, 2019
AFSF troops after a successful operation

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 12:29am On Nov 22, 2019
Nigerian troops surveying an area with a DJI drone.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
Algerian Special Forces soldiers with high altitude insertion gear

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nigerian female fighter pilot

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
AIR OPERATIONS: CAS INSPECTS ONGOING IN-COUNTRY PERIODIC DEPOT MAINTENANCE OF ALPHA JETS, OTHER PROJECTS IN KAINJI

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has stated that the ongoing in-country Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) of some Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Alpha Jets, being executed at the 407 Air Combat Training Group (407 ACTG) Kainji, Niger State includes significant avionics upgrades that would enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of air operations conducted with the aircraft. The CAS disclosed this yesterday, 21 November 2019, while on an inspection visit to to assess progress of the PDM as well as other ongoing projects at NAF Base Kainji.

The CAS, who was accompanied by other senior officers from Headquarters (HQ) NAF as well as the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command (AOC ATC), Air Vice Marshal Mohammed Suleiman, was briefed on the progress of work by the Commander 407 ACTG, Squadron Leader Kingsley Igwegbe, who stated that the team of technical expatriates from Arlington Jets, United State of America, working jointly with NAF engineers and technicians, had begun work on preparing some of the parts of the airframe of the aircraft that had been shipped abroad for repairs and returned to Nigeria for mounting on the aircraft, while the upgrade of the avionics to meet current acceptable standards was progressing steadily. He observed that the avionics upgrade would not only enhance operational safety but also increase the reliability and effectiveness of the aircraft. Moreover, he noted that the challenges associated with unavailability of the spares for the old system would be eliminated as spares would now be readily available for prompt maintenance. He pledged that the team would continue to work tirelessly to ensure the job was completed on schedule.

While addressing the press after the inspection tour, the CAS expressed delight at the level of work done on the first 3 Alpha Jets and commended the Commander 407 ACTG as well as the team of NAF engineers and technicians for their hard work, commitment and dedication in ensuring steady progress of the job. He urged them not to relent in their efforts at ensuring excellent and timely completion of the job. He emphasized that, apart from hastening the overall timeframe of the maintenance job, the in-country PDM, would allow the NAF personnel involved in the project to build their capacity to enable them ultimately carry out major aspects of such high level maintenance activities on their own in the future. The CAS therefore urged the personnel to make maximum use of the opportunity to enhance NAF’s self-reliance. He noted that completion of the in-country PDM would boost the NAF’s Air Power employment capability by increasing the number of Alpha Jet aircraft available for combat operations in the various Theatres of Operation.

Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar recalled that a similar life extension maintenance had been carried out recently on three L-39ZA aircraft in Kano, while an in-country PDM was also successfully carried out on a C-130 Hercules aircraft in Lagos, with the PDM of another C-130 also currently ongoing. Furthermore, he disclosed that reactivation work on another Mi-35P helicopter was also in progress is in Portharcourt. He highlighted that, apart from building the capacity of NAF personnel, these local maintenance efforts had also resulted huge foreign exchange savings for the Nation.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 3:14am On Nov 23, 2019
jteku:
AIR OPERATIONS: CAS INSPECTS ONGOING IN-COUNTRY PERIODIC DEPOT MAINTENANCE OF ALPHA JETS, OTHER PROJECTS IN KAINJI

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has stated that the ongoing in-country Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) of some Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Alpha Jets, being executed at the 407 Air Combat Training Group (407 ACTG) Kainji, Niger State includes significant avionics upgrades that would enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of air operations conducted with the aircraft. The CAS disclosed this yesterday, 21 November 2019, while on an inspection visit to to assess progress of the PDM as well as other ongoing projects at NAF Base Kainji.

The CAS, who was accompanied by other senior officers from Headquarters (HQ) NAF as well as the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command (AOC ATC), Air Vice Marshal Mohammed Suleiman, was briefed on the progress of work by the Commander 407 ACTG, Squadron Leader Kingsley Igwegbe, who stated that the team of technical expatriates from Arlington Jets, United State of America, working jointly with NAF engineers and technicians, had begun work on preparing some of the parts of the airframe of the aircraft that had been shipped abroad for repairs and returned to Nigeria for mounting on the aircraft, while the upgrade of the avionics to meet current acceptable standards was progressing steadily. He observed that the avionics upgrade would not only enhance operational safety but also increase the reliability and effectiveness of the aircraft. Moreover, he noted that the challenges associated with unavailability of the spares for the old system would be eliminated as spares would now be readily available for prompt maintenance. He pledged that the team would continue to work tirelessly to ensure the job was completed on schedule.

While addressing the press after the inspection tour, the CAS expressed delight at the level of work done on the first 3 Alpha Jets and commended the Commander 407 ACTG as well as the team of NAF engineers and technicians for their hard work, commitment and dedication in ensuring steady progress of the job. He urged them not to relent in their efforts at ensuring excellent and timely completion of the job. He emphasized that, apart from hastening the overall timeframe of the maintenance job, the in-country PDM, would allow the NAF personnel involved in the project to build their capacity to enable them ultimately carry out major aspects of such high level maintenance activities on their own in the future. The CAS therefore urged the personnel to make maximum use of the opportunity to enhance NAF’s self-reliance. He noted that completion of the in-country PDM would boost the NAF’s Air Power employment capability by increasing the number of Alpha Jet aircraft available for combat operations in the various Theatres of Operation.

Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar recalled that a similar life extension maintenance had been carried out recently on three L-39ZA aircraft in Kano, while an in-country PDM was also successfully carried out on a C-130 Hercules aircraft in Lagos, with the PDM of another C-130 also currently ongoing. Furthermore, he disclosed that reactivation work on another Mi-35P helicopter was also in progress is in Portharcourt. He highlighted that, apart from building the capacity of NAF personnel, these local maintenance efforts had also resulted huge foreign exchange savings for the Nation.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

he should become our next chief of defence staff
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:16am On Nov 23, 2019
Nigerian first female fighter pilot

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2019
This is very significant news.

The 3 Alphajet Mid-life extension programs with electronic upgrade on-going at Kainji. Most likely carriers of GBU-12 & GBU-58 Paveway bombs.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 10:40am On Nov 23, 2019
kabe1:
This is very significant news.

The 3 Alphajet Mid-life extension programs with electronic upgrade on-going at Kainji. Most likely carriers of GBU-12 & GBU-58 Paveway bombs.
I really do hope so.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:40am On Nov 23, 2019
This is the reason why NAF Alpha Jets conducted this night mission.

https://mobile.twitter.com/africaken1/status/1195731085105287170

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:41am On Nov 23, 2019
Xbee007:

I really do hope so.
I think that is why the Alpha jets can operate at night.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2019
kabe1:

I think that is why the Alpha jets can operate at night.
There was an upgrade that enabled the some NAF Alpha Jets carry out night ops. The upgrade was carried out like 2-3 years ago.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Xbee007:

There was an upgrade that enabled the some NAF Alpha Jets carry out night ops. The upgrade was carried out like 2-3 years ago.
correct even the Aerol39 albatross assigned to 102 air composite group(Hub of Op lafiya Dole) conducts Night ops.Any news on the upgrade of the ATR 42 ELINT/ISR plane

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 12:14am On Nov 24, 2019
KDF SOF

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2019
No offence to the South-Africans on here.

Are South-African government officials dumb or what.

South Africa blocks arms sales to Saudi and UAE in inspection row

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa is blocking arms sales to countries including Saudi Arabia and the UAE in an inspections dispute, endangering billions of dollars of business and thousands of jobs in its struggling defense sector, according to industry officials.

The dispute centers on a clause in export documents that requires foreign customers to pledge not to transfer weapons to third parties and to allow South African officials to inspect their facilities to verify compliance, according to the four officials as well as letters obtained by Reuters.

Officials at major South African defense groups Denel and Rheinmetall Denel Munition (RDM) said the dispute was holding up their exports, as did a third big defense company which asked not to be named. RDM said some of its exports to the Middle East had not been approved since March.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1XW236?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) (1966) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.