Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,373 members, 7,853,669 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6020194 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2020
Comrades little here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
kabe1:

SDB 3 also incorporates a really modern design. The progression is remarkable.

I hope they get to build a 65 meters vessel very soon enough.

Its very important that the Government continues to fund the Navy's ship-building program,and that the Navy gets equally more adventurous ship size wise so that a step by step growth in ship size is maintained. I wish the air-force had such a programme, even if it was for trainers.
By now, naval engineers dont see any magic in ship building any more and are hungry to scale up. grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2020
kabe1:
Algerian MI-24
you already posted this exact photo 5 days ago?

kabe1:
Algeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
The US had acquired the A29 super tucano from serria Nevada...
The same aircraft many are shaming Nigeria for acquiring.. grin grin...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2020
Corona virus now seems to be something more than a disease .

Stock markets getting affected etc etc

Only question is

Is the dog wagging the tail or the tail wagging the dog grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2020
O/T,I know but I just had to! Everyone come see your firearms personality type. Just so you know I didn't make up this ishyt.

AR-15

Almost invariably a manchild with delusions of imitating tier 1 SF, thousands of dollars of gear that will die to a $0.30 bullet
FN FAL

A relic who’s still living in the 80s bush wars, often in short shorts and obsessed with painting a rifle in turquoise and babyshit yellow.

AK-47

An unwashed gremlin who looks up to slavic troglodytes. The most likely to kill you for a can of beans or your shoes.
Remington 700

Am intellectually challenged hick who equates war with deer hunting. Sadly one of the most likely to actually be able to use his weapon properly.
M14/M1A

Either a vet who thinks 5.56 is a passing fad or a bench queen who has never had to walk more than 20 meters with this rifle.
Mossberg 500

A juvenile living out zombie fantasies, eager to tell everyone about their doomsday prepping as seen on TV.
Marlin 30-30

Cowboy reject that can’t identify anything on a map beyond his county. Every southern stereotype come to life.
FN P90

The worst kind of try-hard, ready to whine for days about the superiority of the round, yet a poor marksman due to the sheer cost of feeding the weapon.
H&K G36

Airshitting babies who spend their parents’ money on a plastic monstrosity. All of their flecktarn is made in China.
IWI Tavor

A miserly cretin who believes everything on TV and can probably be found defending a certain country online.

FN SCAR-H

Covered head to toe in MOLLE and an admin pouch with Mom’s cell number to pick him up from another D&grin game.
Barrett M82

99% of people with this rifle are willing to max out 3 credit cards to destroy old appliances in the desert; the other 1% are gay.
Beretta CX4 Storm

Only used by those who served aboard the Battlestar Galactica, and people who couldn’t afford a real MP5.
Steyr AUG

Favored by convict monkeys and those who build sex dungeons under their house, still likely to actually know how to shoot.
IMI Uzi

Now that the age of Soldiers of Fortune is dead, this is only used by ghetto trash and those who aspire to be ghetto trash.
Ruger 10/22

Inevitably there will be one asshole who thinks their .22 in a tactical stock is a valid weapon. The first to die.
PSL

An autist dressed in a gorka mountain suit quaffing vodka to stem the tears of not having a real Dragunov.
AI AWM

If accompanied by a databook and Kestrel, this is a dangerous customer. Most are only a shift rifle dropped into an AICS.
H&K G11

An astronaut capable of employing kraut space magic, understands more than you could possibly know.
Mosin Nagant

Expert operator possessed by the souls of dead soldiers, a living conduit to the Murdercube’s will. Neither living nor dead.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/question-day-whats-firearm-personality/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 11:31am On Mar 10, 2020
Please do anyone have an idea if nns karaduwa have the capability of launching missiles
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2020
youghs:
Please do anyone have an idea if nns karaduwa have the capability of launching missiles

It doesn't have.

It is armed with a 30mm RWCS as it's main armament.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:45am On Mar 10, 2020
NNS Karaduwa gunner

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
dragon2:

Its very important that the Government continues to fund the Navy's ship-building program,and that the Navy gets equally more adventurous ship size wise so that a step by step growth in ship size is maintained. I wish the air-force had such a programme, even if it was for trainers.
By now, naval engineers dont see any magic in ship building any more and are hungry to scale up. grin grin

The good thing is, although the dockyard is owned by the government, all fabrications are carried out by local defence contractors.

The government should continue ordering ships and vessels from Nigeria.

The new SDB shows an innovative new design, better than the Karaduwa and far better than the Andoni.

While Karaduwa has the same design as the boats we import from Ocea yearly, the new SDB looks similar in shape to NNS Centenary and Unity. Or some of the vessels I see built in Indonesia and Vietnam.

I just want the Navy to build a very big boat, 85 meters long, but I can manage 65 meters.

Air Force has many local products, including armed drones in development. As we've seen in Syria an investment in armed drones cannot go wrong.

Iran and Turkey use a huge amount of armed drones in their engagements in Syria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
Nigerian army

Nigerian made vehicles preparing to move out to support counter insurgency operations.

Ezugwu MRAP APC spotted.

Ezugwu is a beauty sha! grin grin

Not yet Turkey military level, but we're getting there.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Habane(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian army

Nigerian made vehicles preparing to move out to support counter insurgency operations.

Ezugwu MRAP APC spotted.

Our very own armoured column
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
Habane:
Our very own armoured column

This is the very first Nigerian made armoured column. grin

I would have preferred only Ezugwu and Ara, but this is a start.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2020

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
JF-17 equipped with 4 anti-runway bombs.

The aircraft continues to show tremendous lethality.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
Seaward Defence Boat 1, Nigerian navy.

Where it all started.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
kikuyu1:
O/T,I know but I just had to! Everyone come see your firearms personality type. Just so you know I didn't make up this ishyt.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/question-day-whats-firearm-personality/
And the current mods to the R1, which came after short shorts and the bush wars?

On point about the Tavors���!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian army

Ezugwu MRAP APC spotted.

No negativity..... But the Ezugwu MRAP is ugly as fuckkkk...

Probably the ugliest vehicle on planet earth...

That's why we love it.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
lionel4power:

No negativity..... But the Ezugwu MRAP is ugly as fuckkkk...

Probably the ugliest vehicle on planet earth...

That's why we love it.

Quite a number of people say it's ugly, but i really don't see that.

I think it looks nice, for it's design.

Same design concept as the Ratel, there's another South-African vehicle that it looks like, and the Chinese vehicle used by Cameroun.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2020
Offtopic

Was thinking how ironical it is that the west which claims itself to the custodian of human rights is the very same one to abuse it .

Many people blame the Saudis for spread of Wahhabism the extremist form of Islam.

But the truth is Saudis were pawns in the game , a fool who thought that they stood to gain by it via influence.

A year or so ago the Saudi crown prince explicitly told a Western media house during a live show that they were asked to and helped by the western countries to spead Wahhabism , partly to counter the Soviets and later on to further the interests ( military industrial complex ) of the west.

No other Western country media carried the news except for media from other non western countries .

And importantly the usually blabber mouth Western leaders had no comments or rebuttals for the same.

So who paid the price , Asia , Africa and Middle East with the lives of countless innocents. And still continuing.

Every local insurgency / terrorism case I have studied had fingerprints of western countries usually hidden by manipulations involving 3rd party countries / groups taking the fall.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
A Thief Stuck A Pistol In A Man’s Ribs And Said, “Give Me Your Money.”

The man, Shocked By The Sudden Attack, Said, “You Cannot Do This, I’m A Congressman!”

The Thief Replied, “In That Case, Give Me MY Money!” grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
nemesis8u:
Eg CAR

Seleka got support via some of the neighbouring countries who acted as proxies for the West.

Anti balaka got support by shady groups exploiting the mineral resources of CAR as proxies for the West.

End result is quantum of support shifts towards the side who is in a better position to given indirect control. But importantly a state of conflict is maintained even though low keyed , but just primed enough to set it off again if so desired.

Main goal is to prevent a strong national government who will exercise full sovereignty of the resources of the country.

Sir, even if all you said are true, what about the incredibly ineptness of some Africa governments.

You mix that with Tribalism, and you see why many African countries are easily manipulated.

This is from an African POV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Breaking news tongue

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:59am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 11:16am On Mar 12, 2020
The root word of the word "Taliban" is tālib, meaning "student" in Arabic. America oversaw and nurtured Taliban into a religious fundamentalist group to do their dirty job against then Soviet Union.

The monster has now grown out of hand.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
kabe1:

Quite a number of people say it's ugly, but i really don't see that.

I think it looks nice, for it's design.

Same design concept as the Ratel, there's another South-African vehicle that it looks like, and the Chinese vehicle used by Cameroun.
It doesn't look anything like the Ratel neither was it designed with the same concept in mind.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
jln115:

It doesn't look anything like the Ratel neither was it designed with the same concept in mind.

You're entitled to your own opinion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
kabe1:

You're entitled to your own opinion.
its not an opinion its a fact.

1. the Ratel is 6x6 not 4x4
2. The Ratel engine sits at the rear not the front
3. And most importantly the Ratel is an IFV not a Mrap

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
jln115:
its not an opinion its a fact.

1. the Ratel is 6x6 not 4x4
2. The Ratel engine sits at the rear not the front
3. And most importantly the Ratel is an IFV not a Mrap

Same design concept does not mean they look the same.

Anyway, that's irrelevant, what relevant is the fact that Nigeria fields many types of locally built armoured infantry support vehicles.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2020
kabe1:

Same design concept does not mean they look the same.

Anyway, that's irrelevant, what relevant is the fact that Nigeria fields many types of locally built armoured infantry support vehicles.

Its not even designed for the same role bro!! The Ezugwu does not have the same designed concept.....at all!! if you said Casspir or Mamba then it would've been a different story!!

Stop being so stubborn you were wrong, admit it and move on, as simple as that!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
jln115:

[s]Its not even designed for the same role bro!! The Ezugwu does not have the same designed concept.....at all!! if you said Casspir or Mamba then it would've been a different story!!

Stop being so stubborn you were wrong, admit it and move on, as simple as that!![/s]

Irrelevant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.