Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5973512 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) (2050) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by komekn(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
seankafor:
he fvcked up by making that video ahswear

I disagree with you.

This general is a man of honour and integrity, he standing with his soldiers and putting his life on the line.

He watched soldiers who could easily be his sons ripped to pieces before his eyes. Do you think he has not sent messages and reports using the official channels. But what happened ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He knew he was putting his career and personal safety at risk. He has sacrificed himself for the better of his soldiers he wasn't going to be a coward and desecrate the memory of his gallant men who have fallen.

For me l salute General Adeniyi one of the few true patriots left a man of uncommon honour .

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
komekn:

I disagree with you.

This general is a man of honour and integrity, he standing with his soldiers and putting his life on the line.

He watched soldiers who could easily be his sons ripped to pieces before his eyes. Do you think he has not sent messages and reports using the official channels. But what happened ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He knew he was putting his career and personal safety at risk. He has sacrificed himself for the better of his soldiers he wasn't going to be a coward and desecrate the memory of his gallant men who have fallen.

For me l salute General Adeniyi one of the few true patriots left a man of uncommon honour .

so by making the video public,what has he gained aside thr public sympathy which didnt save him his current position?

Who knows where they might throw him to now?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by komekn(m): 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
bidexiii:

The theatre commander for the matter... cool
Am happy his around to feel what we undergo, things are worst here and boys morale are still high.
For those criticizing the general, things like these needs to happen once in a while so that people in Abuja and AHQ. We need to do serious shopping for the army, right now the Nzegwu/Proforce MRAP should be the standard means for all our troops.

The first casualty of war is the TRUTH.

However, when your own side is giving disinformation and creating the impression that the NA is indisciplined and lacking the will to fight.

Add to that they are clearly poorly equipped and being deathly handicapped. Here is a general in the forward thrust of an attack.

That's says to me that the politics of corruption has dug deep very deep into the NA. Unfortunately some of these guys in the top brass not all but some are essentially committing high treason.

Looking at the equipment they have, its not fit for purpose, its a near suicide mission.

Imagine an MRAP being used as the forward vehicle for a frontal assault. That's far from ideal. But to not even have run flat tyres is criminal negligence.

Our guys are literally trying to dig trenches with table spoons.

What's dissapointing is that everyone in the top brass knows this. But self interest has superceded national interest and best practice. As a consequence soldiers die unnecessarily.

VERY SAD.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by komekn(m): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
seankafor:
so by making the video public,what has he gained aside thr public sympathy which didnt save him his current position?

Across history the people of honour and integrity who made a difference had one main attribute, SELFLESSNESS.

In a society where the ME, MYSELF & I takes precedence over everything else. He stands out as shining example of TRUE PATRIOTISM.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by komekn(m): 5:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
Toju200:
Anyone who's watching this video should be in pains for sure it's heart breaking..
I salute the General's courage and zeal to continue fighting..
He said "We are not running we're go to go"
These guys needs motivation from those who knows what's going on there...
People like us

I must do something for them..I swr
Enough of the insult on them..

Agreed without reservation or question.

However, l also need to do something too and l need to start that rolling asap.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
seankafor:

Selflessness usually says "Damn the consequences"

I really respect that General heretofore. That said, in a way I understand the Army has to make a statement to forestall anybody that'd like to do similar.
In all, we've a very deadly disease in the chain of command. Its called morons

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
seankafor:

In Nigeria, you either speak the truth and damn all consequences or be silent, hypocritical, play along and be in the good books of those in charge.

This is usually a difficult place to be for many people.

He has cleared his conscience, when troops were ambushed and 50 soldiers killed, he was under pressure!

Pressure which clearly is not his making, it is part of the frustration that lead him to make that video.

He damned the consequences and freed his soul.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
The general is now a research fellow at NARC.it was a redeployment

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
You still are missing the point, there are ways he could have done it, not saying it's easy, no, it's not, when navigating dangerous waters, you watch how you maneuver, now that he's no longer with his troops, how does that benefit those soldiers now? Now that they need him the most. As you can see, it's their loss, because his replacement could care less and lead from behind instead of being at the front of battle.
Trained military men, especially high ranking ones need to put their emotion in check, that's highly important, he could have address this in a more proper way without making the military look bad and then losing his command, in which case those troops whose trust he has earned now no longer have him to look out for them.
Now imagine if we took the kind of casualty the US took in vietnam, i guess every soldier would be making videos and walking away from the job, but that's where leadership comes in, keep your troops calm, clear your head and figure out a way out of your predicament.

OF COURSE, I BE ARMCHAIR GENERAL....
komekn:

Across history the people of honour and integrity who made a difference had one main attribute, SELFLESSNESS.

In a society where the ME, MYSELF & I takes precedence over everything else. He stands out as shining example of TRUE PATRIOTISM.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
You still are missing the point, there are ways he could have done it, not saying it's easy, no, it's not, when navigating dangerous waters, you watch how you maneuver, now that he's no longer with his troops, how does that benefit those soldiers now? Now that they need him the most. As you can see, it's their loss, because his replacement could care less and lead from behind instead of being at the front of battle.
Trained military men, especially high ranking ones need to put their emotion in check, that's highly important, he could have address this in a more proper way without making the military look bad and then losing his command, in which case those troops whose trust he has earned now no longer have him to look out for them.
Now imagine if we took the kind of casualty the US took in vietnam, i guess every soldier would be making videos and walking away from the job, but that's where leadership comes in, keep your troops calm, clear your head and figure out a way out of your predicament.

OF COURSE, I BE ARMCHAIR GENERAL.... let me say it before someone call me out on this grin grin.. But i truly feel their pain, same reason why i don't watch those videos, can't bare seeing our soldiers dead, it hurts..
Just rendering my own layman opinion.. Don't kill me
komekn:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Donian007: 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Toju200:
I salute Gen. Adeniyi, he's my man of the month. However all this nonsense is happening because Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and his clueless regime have proven time without number to be utterly rudderless, backward and a scam of the century. One would've thought that as a former General himself he would have the will power to reposition the military, twas all a scam. Damn he promised heaven and Earth, even soldiers were allegedly openly campaigning for him. Very sad. I remember people were masturbating for him on Beeg's blog, calling him the Messiah, shame.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Toju200:
Redeployment? fancy word for punishment
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
Sizzorkay:

OF COURSE, I BE ARMCHAIR GENERAL.... let me say it before someone call me out on this grin grin.. But i truly feel their pain, same reason why i don't watch those videos, can't bare seeing our soldiers dead, it hurts..
Just rendering my own layman opinion.. Don't kill me
you are one of Nigeria's numerous problem.

Seeing plain white and still insisting on it beening grey.

Besides American forces in Vietnam never lacked amour, equipment nor logistics to pursue the war as against our illfitted forces.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Chidexter(m): 11:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
giles14:
you are one of Nigeria's numerous problem.

Seeing plain white and still insisting on it beening grey.

Besides American forces in Vietnam never lacked amour, equipment nor logistics to pursue the war as against our illfitted forces.

All this una talk just to alter the mind of someone whose entire being has been wired to fault reason. Una be the real mvps abeg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 4:31am On Apr 01, 2020
Bleep

Make i keep my peace
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 4:36am On Apr 01, 2020
x
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 9:59am On Apr 01, 2020
I totally don't understand how the media was able to fool u guys this much even after seeing the videos..The video was not recorded for the public, it was recorded for his superior but was leaked by his orderly and his friend. This clearly shows a general given a sitrep to his boss about the situation on ground at the battle field, there was no instance where he complained about the military being ill-equiped..The only thing that looked like a complaint was how the intelligence assessment turn out to be wrong and this is something that occur from time to time on the field, everything do not always go as planned. These videos were shot last week Wednesday. Do not let these useless media guys to mislead u guys..You all know better than this.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2020
The way Sahara repoters was able to twist the videos and how u guys jumped on it even after seeing the videos should be part of the 12th wonders of the world
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 10:03am On Apr 01, 2020
youghs:
The way Sahara reporters was able to twist the world should be part of the 12th wonders of the world
sometimes i wonder what they tend to achieve with their propaganda and twisted reports
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2020
seankafor:
sometimes i wonder what they tend to achieve with their propaganda and twisted reports

I also wonder..it annoys how they play games with the people who are fighting and dieing just so u don't have to live a horrible life
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:28am On Apr 01, 2020
youghs:
The way Sahara repoters was able to twist the videos and how u guys jumped on it even after seeing the videos should be part of the 12th wonders of the world

This is not about Sahara reporters. So many things were wrong in that video. I wonder how you came to the conclusion that people here are hoodwinked into believing lies?

The videos shows an army ill-equipped to carry out her mission.

Have you seen Nigerian army in Liberia and Sierra-Leone back in the 90's and early 2000's?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 10:45am On Apr 01, 2020
kabe1:

This is not about Sahara reporters. So many things were wrong in that video. I wonder how you came to the conclusion that people here are hoodwinked into believing lies?

The videos shows an army ill-equipped to carry out her mission.

Have you seen Nigerian army in Liberia and Sierra-Leone back in the 90's and early 2000's?

Sorry buh how does the video show how ill-equiped the army is..is it the Hilux vehicles or?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:45am On Apr 01, 2020
youghs:
I totally don't understand how the media was able to fool u guys this much even after seeing the videos..The video was not recorded for the public, it was recorded for his superior but was leaked by his orderly and his friend. This clearly shows a general given a sitrep to his boss about the situation on ground at the battle field, there was no instance where he complained about the military being ill-equiped..The only thing that looked like a complaint was how the intelligence assessment turn out to be wrong and this is something that occur from time to time on the field, everything do not always go as planned. These videos were shot last week Wednesday. Do not let these useless media guys to mislead u guys..You all know better than this.

- The first complaint is bad intelligence, okay, this happens in every army.

- The second complaint is mobility, 250 tyres of B vehicles changed. The A vehicles, only the Proforce MRAP is in order. The CS/VP3's all have had their tyres changed, they don't also have run flat inserts in the tyres.

A serious army would have purchased tracked vehicles to complement wheeled vehicles in this theater.

There are many options from friendly countries we can buy from. We can buy from Turkey, Russia, China etc etc.

Look at the Algerian army, how they have an important blend of tracked and wheeled vehicles.

- The 3rd compliant is firepower. There is nothing like a fair fight. If you shoot an American soldier with an AK-47, he replies with a Javilen missile, if you fire at them with a grenade they would reply you with a Tomahawk missile.

All too often in this conflict the firepower of the Nigerian army has been inefficient. We need to invest in more main battle tanks and 30mm cannons. It should not be a fair fight.

The Nigerian driving around in a few mraps armed with heavy machine guns, MRAPs are troop transports they are not an offensive weapon.

Our troops in sierra Leone and Liberia had 90mm armed guns, they had the scorpion light tank, they had alpha jets flying night missions, they had 30 mm guns this was why they were effective in combat and in operations there.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:49am On Apr 01, 2020
youghs:

Sorry buh how does the video show how ill-equiped the army is..is it the Hilux vehicles or?

Where are the 10,000 body armour the Nigerian army said the bought from NMT in Osun state?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by blacKDalia: 10:52am On Apr 01, 2020
youghs:

If what you wrote is the truth which I seriously doubt, then the Nigerian army is in even much more trouble than I thought. As the theatre commander and a major general and in a place with an ongoing kinetic warfare, he should have mobile comms that links direct to his boss and his subordinates. It's possible he used other channels but no one listened and again if that video as you said was meant to be official and someone leaked it, I cry for the army and my country.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2020
President of Chad, inside bush with his soldiers.

After Boko killed many of his soldiers, he followed his soldiers inside the bush to hunt for Boko.

Commitment and morale to the course.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 11:01am On Apr 01, 2020
kabe1:
President of Chad, inside bush with his soldiers.

After Boko killed many of his soldiers, he followed his soldiers inside the bush to hunt for Boko.

Commitment and morale to the course.
lol, na there he go dey till boko haram finish?

E just dey like when GEj visited baga..

He will still leave the frontlines and the fight will still continue.
All these na for the cams bro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:04am On Apr 01, 2020
kabe1:

Where are the 10,000 body armour the Nigerian army said the bought from NMT in Osun state?
obviously they're wearing it...
Na today Dem distribute am .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:05am On Apr 01, 2020
seankafor:
lol, na there he go dey till boko haram finish?

E just dey like when GEj visited baga..

He will still leave the frontlines and the fight will still continue.
All these na for the cams bro

My brother, it is a morale booster. That's the significance.

It is inspiring, ginger that's all.

I am with you.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2020
This is one vehicle we can get from Russia on the cheap. Even the Russians are donating them out as aid to other countries.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 11:14am On Apr 01, 2020
youghs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta4QVfBWHkw

Ill equipped both strategy wise and technically. Besides, the general complained of the vehicles not suited for the terrain. I think the Ara is doing well. I would want to think the generals will ride in the Ara as it appears to be the only reasonable piece of equipment in the video
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 11:33am On Apr 01, 2020
kabe1:

- The first complaint is bad intelligence, okay, this happens in every army.

- The second complaint is mobility, 250 tyres of B vehicles changed. The A vehicles, only the Proforce MRAP is in order. The CS/VP3's all have had their tyres changed, they don't also have run flat inserts in the tyres.

A serious army would have purchased tracked vehicles to complement wheeled vehicles in this theater.

There are many options from friendly countries we can buy from. We can buy from Turkey, Russia, China etc etc.

Look at the Algerian army, how they have an important blend of tracked and wheeled vehicles.

- The 3rd compliant is firepower. There is nothing like a fair fight. If you shoot an American soldier with an AK-47, he replies with a Javilen missile, if you fire at them with a grenade they would reply you with a Tomahawk missile.

All too often in this conflict the firepower of the Nigerian army has been inefficient. We need to invest in more main battle tanks and 30mm cannons. It should not be a fair fight.

The Nigerian driving around in a few mraps armed with heavy machine guns, MRAPs are troop transports they are not an offensive weapon.

Our troops in sierra Leone and Liberia had 90mm armed guns, they had the scorpion light tank, they had alpha jets flying night missions, they had 30 mm guns this was why they were effective in combat and in operations there.

Simple Thank You..This is was the sitrep he was giving to his superior..buh after he was redeployed, Sahara repoters changed the point to he was redeployed because he criticised d the authority..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) (2050) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: jl115 and 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70