Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029782 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nigerian army ground offensive seen in this report.

You can also spot some locally produced vehicles.

On behalf of all Nigerians we apologise for the low picture quality of NTA, they asked for 500 million dollars to upgrade, Nigerians said NO!!

Cool report still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVT5GlKhYzk

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nigerian army offensive Vickers MBT

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
The military has begun massive deployment of troops and war equipment in the North-east for a final showdown with Boko Haram and Islamic State for West Africa (ISWAP), THISDAY’s investigation has revealed.

THISDAY gathered that the Chief of Defence Staff and head of the military establishment, General Abayomi Olonisakin, has given the final directive to the troops to crush the insurgents in line with an earlier marching order given by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai, and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, have since relocated to the North-east to coordinate the military operations in compliance with the directives.

Buratai has vowed to remain in the North-east to coordinate the war until the insurgents are defeated and the head of the terror group, Abubakar Shekau, captured.

THISDAY also gathered from military intelligence sources that the renewed military campaign may force Shekau to surrender and negotiate amnesty for himself and his top commanders.

There were speculations at the weekend that the terror leader had reached out to a Non- Governmental Organisation (NGO) to facilitate an amnesty agreement with the federal government.

But military sources could not confirm the claims.

THISDAY gathered that the military high command was unsettled by the claim of the Chadian President, Idris Deby, that his country has eliminated 80 per cent of the insurgents and called out Nigeria and Niger via an April 22 deadline to occupy territories in the two countries Chadian troops seized from the insurgents.

Deby’s position was said to have created the impression of an alliance between the Nigerian forces and the terrorists, an allegation the Nigerian military has debunked.

Investigation showed that since the Boko Haram’s encounter with the Chadian forces, the terrorist group has not launched any major attack against the Nigerian troops, thus validating the claims by Deby that his forces had disorganised the group.

Before the Chadian forces dislodged the group from their locations, the terrorists’ attacks on the locations of the Nigerian troops were so frequent that the military had to redeploy top commanders involved in the terror war shortly before the Chadian army had a fierce encounter with the group.

The impression of many people in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital and birthplace of Boko Haram, is that the Chadian forces had thoroughly weakened the terrorist group and that the Nigerian military should follow up to defeat them.

However, determined to end the war, THISDAY learnt that the Defence Headquarters had ordered a massive deployment of troops and equipment in the North-east.

Multiple military sources confirmed to THISDAY that over 100 battle tanks with an 18-kilometre firing range were deployed in the past two weeks.

The war equipment, it was learnt, were part of the military hardware procured from Chinese arms manufacturing firm, Norinco.

They include 35 main battle tanks, 25 Typhoon MRAPs (mine-resistant, ambush-protected vehicles), 10 Spartan armoured personnel carriers, 20 Armoured Guard Booths, five armoured mine-clearing vehicles, 50 troop-carrying vehicles and 40 Buffalo vehicles, among others.

Others include VT-4 main battle tanks, SH5 105 mm self-propelled artillery among others.

Apart from the efforts of the land forces, the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole has also ramped up attacks on insurgents’ locations as part of ongoing operations to destroy the terrorists’ capabilities before the insurgents could deploy them against the land forces and other targets.

THISDAY gathered that the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) has also encircled major likely escape routes of Boko Haram commanders into Chad, Cameroon and Niger.

Other channels through which they move arms have also been occupied by MNJTF troops.

There were speculations at the weekend that the dragnet spurn around the terrorists, in addition to the Chadian expedition that decimated hundreds of insurgents, have now put pressure on Shekau to allegedly seek amnesty.

Shekau, in a video released last week, had admitted that he lost many fighters during the invasion of his enclave by the Chadian troops but called on his fighters not to be discouraged by the losses.

But unconfirmed report said he had reached out to an unnamed NGO that provides humanitarian services in the North-east to explore a surrender option in return for amnesty.

Responding to a question at a briefing at the weekend on the arrest and trial of 58 terrorists by Chad in contradistinction with Nigeria’s policy of amnesty for repentant terrorists, Coordinator, Directorate of Defence Media Operations, Major General John Enenche, said it was dependent on the policies of each country.

“If they (Chad) don’t know how to go about amnesty, they should ask. There’s a convention that if your enemy surrenders, you take him as prisoner of war. It’s an international convention”, he said.

Addressing troops in Borno ahead of the final onslaught against the insurgents, Buratai urged them to show commitment in order to end the war.

“We must be committed and fastidious. We must consider and work out the minutest details, factors and all possible outcomes in all our operations,” he stated.

He urged the commanders to focus on the image and integrity of the Nigerian Army.

“We must think out of the box and beyond the box. I charge you all to move out and bring this war to a positive end! Victory is from God alone,” he had said.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ken006:
Ghanaian army soldiers and Senegal could help Nigeria end Boko Haram if requested.
Ghana army

Shift limme faint, loool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LagosWahala: 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
kabe1:
Proforce PF2 APCs delivered to the Nigerian Police Force Abuja.

Do the police take delivery at TransCorp Hilton now? shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
LagosWahala:

Do the police take delivery at TransCorp Hilton now? shocked

Police contractors seminar/expo in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nigerian Air Force A-29 Super Tucano

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LagosWahala: 7:24pm On Apr 20, 2020
kabe1:

Police contractors seminar/expo in Abuja.

Tainkyou...... assumed they were the ones always there on display
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2020
kabe1:

On behalf of all Nigerians we apologise for the low picture quality of NTA, they asked for 500 million dollars to upgrade, Nigerians said NO!!

Cool report still.

Time for Vice to come in for the 2.0. They did a terrific job in 2015, they can do better this time around.
We need a great video that posterity can watch.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
South-African army armour.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
Perhaps the best video of Nigerian made MRAP APCs available online.

Amateur video.

Watch drive trails of Ezugwu MRAP APC version 1 and 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMk5KPyh5Rc

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Fight against COVID-19

Locally made mobile ventilators by DICON Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:26am On Apr 21, 2020

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:31am On Apr 21, 2020
The fight against Insurgency

Locally made Special Forces Vehicle

Produced by DICON for long range reconnaissance and quick response teams.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:35am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:

thanks bro .. for the pics I've been waiting for...
I have the interior pics of the Ezugwu MRAP 2 but can't upload it.
Lemme send it to u
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 8:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Toju200:
Lemme send it to u

I want to send you a link so that you can upload it... YouTube video
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2020
Toju200:
Lemme send it to u

Nice.

Post it in your Facebook page, then post the link here. That would be best.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ablemax(m): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2020
My love for this ehn is too much

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:

Nice.

Post it in your Facebook page, then post the link here. That would be best.
alright here it is https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=850349902140299&id=563565107485448
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:

Cool report still.

They asked for 500 Million to upgrade, are you sane? Facebook started operating recently and it is already pulling in billions and you want us to give people that have been operating for years and still have no single capital to show for it, we should give them 500 million to handle. The best thing the Nigerian government can do is to scrap NTA and start up a new framework NTA cannot work again even if you put in Billions.

That petty statement of yours however has dealt a fundamental blow to your entire venture of propaganda today, the video is now just a product of a poorly managed media outlet riddled with corruption.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:21am On Apr 21, 2020
Toju200:
alright here it is https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=850349902140299&id=563565107485448

Wow, really beautiful!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:23am On Apr 21, 2020
Modern interior of Ezugwu MRAP 2.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Toju200:

Are you sure this is Ezugwu MRAP APC is made in Nigeria?

Are you sure it wasn't imported from China?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:25am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:
Perhaps the best video of Nigerian made MRAP APCs available online.

Amateur video.

Watch drive trails of Ezugwu MRAP APC version 1 and 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMk5KPyh5Rc
Highly inefficient and noisy garbage. can you see the way the things always lean like an old magic school bus when it is turning, this is a death trap and it should be decommissioned.

We appreciate the fact that the Nigerian defense structure is trying to look inwards, but we should not look inwards and place the lives of good men at risk. This is a huge moving target, that moves slowly, is poorly armed to defend itself and is too stiff for real life battle scenarios.

The best we can get out of this is to use it for a mobile kitchen and save the lives of so many good men.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:

Will love to see these in action, they look like they can give the right speed and Armour that it takes to face this hardened criminals.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:

Are you sure this is Ezugwu MRAP APC is made in Nigeria?

Are you sure it wasn't imported from China?
grin Proudly Nigeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:30am On Apr 21, 2020
Toju200:
grin Proudly Nigeria

I doubt it, it's not possible that we have made this much progress in only a few years.

Nigerian army needs to go ahead and purchase 500 units already.

It looks really amazing.

I was not expecting this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:
Modern interior of Ezugwu MRAP 2.
perfect
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:35am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:

I doubt it, it's not possible that we have made this much progress in only a few years.

Nigerian army needs to go ahead and purchase 500 units already.

It looks really amazing.

I was not expecting this.
[color=#006600][/color] well what can I say... grin The Lord works in mysterious ways grin...
It's the Nigeria air Force NAFSA eagle aircraft I'm waiting for

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:35am On Apr 21, 2020
Toju200:
perfect

These guys would give Proforce a run for their money.

They are making remarkable improvements.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:35am On Apr 21, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force A-29 Super Tucano
Then in 2010 when I started following Beegeagles blog I thought that by 2020 Nigeria would be fielding up to 6 squadrons of 3rd to 4th Generation Jet fighters. But here I am in 2020 10 years later trying to convince my mind to celebrate the procurement of 12 turboprops.

We have failed in ways that failure cannot even comprehend.

Note: I wish we had a single shred of descent jet fighter in our fleet before buying these absurdities I wouldn't have complained.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.