Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,008 members, 7,852,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6018357 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lebuhsi(m): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
Toju200:
which one is then called the Conqueror MRAP..I heard Right of it was produced from this facility September.
What about that 6x6 type . don't you think this is the Conqueror MRAP and the 6x6 is the improved Ezugwu or is it other way around

the conqueror MRAPs and other contraptions were made in Maiduguri by army engineers there, to the best of my knowledge,there were 'one offs'
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
kabe1:
Improved Nigerian made Ezugwu MRAP launched.

I think this vehicle might be the ugliest mraps ever made

By the way, I'm not an engineer or anything but from just my own sense, I feel like the back needs to have 4 wheels for more balance

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2020
kabe1:
On a another note, who noticed COAS has changed his ADC ? grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2020
lebuhsi:

the conqueror MRAPs and other contraptions were made in Maiduguri by army engineers there, to the best of my knowledge,there were 'one offs'
yeah I know of those contraptions...
But I'm hearing of conqueror mraps made in this facility...

The thing dey confuse me..
What about the 6x6 variant that's the one I'm looking out for
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lebuhsi(m): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2020
Toju200:
yeah I know of those contraptions...
But I'm hearing of conqueror mraps made in this facility...

The thing dey confuse me..
What about the 6x6 variant that's the one I'm looking out for

These ones?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

By the way, I'm not an engineer or anything but from just my own sense, I feel like the back needs to have 4 wheels for more balance

I second your second paragraph
I disagree with your first paragraph.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2020
kabe1:

I don't think this is ezugwu.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2020
youghs:

my thoughts also..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2020
lebuhsi:

These ones?
nooppee grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Carmit(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
kabe1:
has the grille been redesigned?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

We don't have enough information to draw a conclusion.

What I can say is they are consistently improving the vehicle, each iteration is better than the previous.

Obviously the Proforce MRAP is our yardstick, but the good thing is, we now have multiple MRAPs produced in country which would in turn drive competition and weapons development improvement.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ezugwu MRAP

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lurker4Long:

Apparently they tested both cobra 1 and Cobra II. It's the Cobra 1 they rejected. My money is still on Tunisia. Anyway, we'll know soon enough.
both cobra 1 and 2 got rejected and they went for the Ejder they tested the three of them at the same time (also they tested the French sherpa and Emirati Nemr)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nigeria Protest

Proforce PF2 burnt

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
Toju200:
DSS Foils Kidnap Of Mayor Of Yenagoa, Arrest Alledged Suspects

mayor of yenagoa? can you explain better please
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Appisko: 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
LTGEN:

Probably Ghana or Burkina Faso . Not Nigeria.
Such useless statement Nigerians and their stupid egocentric attitude angry angry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by UltimateDreamer: 4:48am On Oct 31, 2020
To the personnel of the Nigerian Military,
You are critically criticized by Nigeria's citizens because you are loved.
Continue to listen to critical criticisms, because Nigerians want the best for you.
Do not be dismissive and flippant while in transient power because for sure, one day you will die
whether in uniform or in casuals, alone in your car, on the way to your farm.
Nigerians want you to measure up to your peers in all facets and in all regards.
When Nigerians fight, they fight for you and your children. They fight for a better Nigeria.
Resist the temptation to dabble in politics, for your oath is to defend the territorial integrity of Nigeria
Turn your guns not on the unarmed; treat them with civility.
Deploy your wrath on those that pick up arms against the state wishing to tear her apart.
If you are privy to information that keep you up at night, information that torments your mind and attacks your dream,
redeem your soul oh human-being, share such information with the fourth estate
Seek to be at peace with yourself, for your children's and your family's sake.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:15am On Oct 31, 2020
Nigerian Air Force JF-17 providing close air support for Nigerian soldiers driving around in ARA and Ezugwu MRAPs. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 8:09am On Oct 31, 2020
Annoying how we never get any decent pics of the ARA in the NE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2020
shadowprimezero:
Annoying how we never get any decent pics of the ARA in the NE
I want to see a video of them in combat sef..
It's only Ara mk1 I managed to see and the vid no long grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2020
Carmit:

has the grille been redesigned?

It's another vehicle, but until we know the actual name, we can only generalise for easy identification.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2020
youghs:

We have to you a familiar name for easy identification.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2020
Kalapizim:
On a another note, who noticed COAS has changed his ADC ? grin grin

I see no difference, can you point it out?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2020
Toju200:
I want to see a video of them in combat sef..
It's only Ara mk1 I managed to see and the vid no long grin

I remember that shot video, very, very short.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by harjorlarh(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2020
Nigerian jf17 thunder

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by harjorlarh(m): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2020
Jf17
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2020
harjorlarh:
Nigerian jf17 thunder

I think that's a Pakistan air force JF-17, not Nigeria.

We both use similar roundels.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 10:26am On Oct 31, 2020
kabe1:

I think that's a Pakistan air force JF-17, not Nigeria.

We both use similar roundels.

You are right,the Pakistani flag is close to the right engine inlet.
Modified.
I think,also the roundel is too light to be Nigerian but closely matches the Pakistani roundel.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:48am On Oct 31, 2020
Algeria MI-28NE

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 11:36am On Oct 31, 2020
Not being able to pay for the remaining MI-35 is becoming too unbearable for me. Like I just can't bear the pain anymore. The remaining 7 are ready for pickup upon payment but we are scared of US sanctions.
Maybe if we beg US properly, we can get a waiver. angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2020
Whyem15:
Not being able to pay for the remaining MI-35 is becoming too unbearable for me. Like I just can't bear the pain anymore. The remaining 7 are ready for pickup upon payment but we are scared of US sanctions.
Maybe if we beg US properly, we can get a waiver. angry
It is money. Not sanctions.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2020
kabe1:

I see no difference, can you point it out?
The current guy (A major) wears a Red beret now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: NTSA and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.