Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,483 members, 7,861,392 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6030337 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 12:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:

This is the kind of foolishness we are talking about.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/29/breaking-missing-plateau-cleric-appears-new-boko-haram-video-asks-nigerian-government

https://www.nairaland.com/6219054/pastor-polycarp-zongo-kidnapped-boko
it is your elderly ones that are foolish. The news clearly stated he was freed by boko haram. Meaning they must have met their terms before he was freed. Did you free him. Did soldiers conducts a James bond styled intervention that led to his release? No. That is why we say you are all failures...

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:

This is the kind of foolishness we are talking about.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/29/breaking-missing-plateau-cleric-appears-new-boko-haram-video-asks-nigerian-government

https://www.nairaland.com/6219054/pastor-polycarp-zongo-kidnapped-boko
when US said they thank the government of Nigeria it means that thank you for telling your people to stay the hell away and allow us to do our thing... Anybody that thinks differently does not know what diplomacy means.

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigerian troops conduct a simulation exercise.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
New patrol boats for Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:
OMS I'm sure!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:

You are so naive, and it's embarrassing to read.

Let me take your 2 African examples, Egypt has received military aid in excess of 2 billion dollars annually from the United States since the 1980s.

1. That is essentially the United States operating in Egypt since 1980.

2. South-Africa does not suffer the sort of security challenges that countries in the sahel region suffer. If an American citizen were to be kidnapped by ISIS linked terrorists, the US government will send soldiers there.

3. I can't believe I need to reiterate this, the defence budget is the primary indicator of a country's military might, it is not the only indicator, but it's the primary indicator.

4. If the countries in Europe can guarantee their own security, the US will not need to have military bases there. It doesn't matter if you are an ally or not.

Israel is an ally of the US, but the Americans don't have a permanent military base there.

Dutate was President when American special forces operated in the Philippines.

You need to read more widely, the Philippines and US military relationship dates from before world war 2.

Nigeria is the number 1 security partner of the united states in West - Africa, Nigeria this year alone has conducted 3 major military exercises with the US.

Again you post reeks of a general lack of information & understanding. Terrorist groups do not recognize borders, this is one of the reasons the MNJTF exists, this is why Exercise Flintlock exists, this is why the G5 sahel security partnership exists.

The US Embassy in Nigeria clearly stated it was a cooperation, you have decided to read whatever meaning you like in the statement.

But a Mail & Guardian investigation can, for the first time, reveal where US special operators have been active on the African continent — and offer exclusive details about low-profile missions that have been largely kept under wraps.

In 2019, US Special Operations forces were deployed in 22 African countries: Algeria, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Côte D’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania and Tunisia.

https://pulitzercenter.org/reporting/exclusive-inside-secret-world-us-commandos-africa#:~:text=In%202019%2C%20US%20Special%20Operations,%2C%20Somalia%2C%20Tanzania%20and%20Tunisia.

I have cited sources for you, I have broken down my post in a manner that would ensure an ease of understanding. If you continue to remain ignorant at this point, that's on you.

Your last paragraph, most people in this thread want a fact based argument, citing credible and verifiable sources.

Claims should be backed up with credible evidence, not the sort of emotions we have all read in your post.

A fact based argument should be encouraged.

It is not a crime to ask for evidence.

1. What kind of stupid argument is this? I told you that they hadn't operated in the country and you are telling me that their military aid to Egypt is essentially the same as operating inside the country, what? you honestly cannot be serious. Maybe educate yourself as to the reason the United States provides military aid to Egypt and then come back.

2. They have shown to be competent enough to rise to such challenges and as i said, the united states has not operated within their borders

(Note how you could not dispute what i wrote, instead, you chose to make excuses)

3. I myself cannot actually believe you just wrote that, confirms your complete lack of any understanding of military affairs. Stick to posting photos and defending the Nigerian military.

4. Once again, a complete failure in retorting my point, you rather choose to diverge and make useless points. I told you there was a difference between having bases in an allys country (AS A DETERRENT AGAINST AN ENEMY) and Operating in said country, and your response is that "If the countries in Europe can guarantee their own security, the US will not need to have military bases there"? Again, what does that have to do with the United States carrying out operations within the borders of these countries?
(And you think that if Europe chose to that they could not guarantee their own safety?)

My lord, fact-based argument? your article is supposed to convince me on a point i never disputed?
You consistently side skirt what am talking about, you make other points that i never mentioned, then you post sources to support your point and then declare yourself the fact finder. A lot more ignorant points in your post but i really don't have the time, so carry on.

For those who only read bolded, HE NEVER ASKED FOR EVIDENCE. And certainly nothing I posted needed to be cited.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
Daverytimes:

1. What kind in your post but i really don't have the time, so carry on.

Go and rant at DHQ.

This has become drab and boring.

Go to National Assembly, go there and cry for them.

Don't come to this thread to rant.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ken006: 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
But honestly Nigeria is considered a hostile country by the international community because of the inability of the Nigeria security forces especially the army to suppress terrorism.
It has become clear that all the pics and videos Nigerian SF is useless as well as that flintlock exercise... Nigeria up your game. The truth hurts though so keep cool wink grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ken006:
But honestly Nigeria is considered a hostile country by the international community because of the inability of the Nigeria security forces especially the army to suppress terrorism.
It has become clear that all the pics and videos Nigerian SF is useless as well as that flintlock exercise... Nigeria up your game. The truth hurts though so keep cool wink grin
I'll advise you don't say what you know nothing about

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:

Go and rant at DHQ.

This has become drab and boring.

Go to National Assembly, go there and cry for them.

Don't come to this thread to rant.

When you are outclassed and you can't make a coherent argument, this is what you resort to.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
Daverytimes:

When you are outclassed and you can't make a coherent argument, this is what you resort to.

Really, this is pathetic.

I didn't read that hubris you typed above.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:

Ofcourse you did not.
I think everyone has seen clearly your ignorance in full display, you can now go back to what you do best, posting photos and insulting people (I do enjoy your pics so don't stop posting those)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
dp
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deathstroke00(m): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:

Abeg don't reply him again, you have done your best, bunch of ungrateful and un patriotic nigerians, I wonder how we will move forward as a country when there are people like them

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
Deathstroke00:

Abeg don't reply him again, you have done your best, bunch of ungrateful and un patriotic nigerians, I wonder how we will move forward as a country when there are people like them

When people like you consider it unpatriotic to say that Nigeria should not invite foreign powers to conduct military operations inside our borders but rather build up our own power, I start to wonder if any of you actually knows what being patriotic means.

Patriotic definition:
having or expressing devotion to and vigorous support for one's country.

Between me, that doesn't want any foreign country operating their military in our country and you all who are celebrating another country conducting military operations inside our borders, Who is more patriotic.

You all are the ones that will sell your country and call those who are telling you not to do so unpatriotic, what a load of nonsense.

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
Toju200:
I'll advise you don't say what you know nothing about

What to you expect from a Charlie? Yet he is on Nairaland.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
Daverytimes:

Ofcourse you did not.
I think everyone has seen clearly your ignorance in full display, you can now go back to what you do best, posting photos and insulting people (I do enjoy your pics so don't stop posting those)
Answer honestly.

A scenario where a US citizen is kidnapped for ransom in the volatile Sinai region and is held hostage. Do you think the US will not operate in Egypt?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ken006:
Come back when Ghana has soldiers that have any better than skills than bodybuilding

grin I'm glad your comment doesn't count better than tissue else Ghana would have no Naval special forces till now

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Noisyrians: 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
cool

Odunayaw:
Come back when Ghana has soldiers that have any better than skills than bodybuilding

grin I'm glad your comment doesn't count better than tissue else Ghana would have no Naval special forces till now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Murtala
@Murtalaibin
·
2m
There’s a story not often told, about Nigeria's Armed Forces Special Force (AFSF), an elite group of warriors whose operations were mostly shrouded in mystery.

Trained in Russia- Belarus in 2014, BH avoided contact with AFSF. 2nd was trained in Pakistan In 2017.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Odunayaw:
Answer honestly.

A scenario where a US citizen is kidnapped for ransom in the volatile Sinai region and is held hostage. Do you think the US will not operate in Egypt?

No, they wouldn't.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
Daverytimes:

No, they wouldn't.
Okay. Every man and his opinion sha

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:

How many vessels has Paramount now delivered to Nigeria?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
I'm hearing of terrorist attack in Tanzania
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Deathstroke00:

Saying the truth is a different thing,patriotism is another different thing

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Lurker4Long:

How many vessels has Paramount now delivered to Nigeria?

No vessel yet to the Nigerian navy, apart from a number of RHIBs.

For Private security companies, it's hard to say, but my guess would be 8 units in all.

It's easy to mix up the vessels from Damen, so the number might be lower.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
Daverytimes:

1. What kind of stupid argument is this? I told you that they hadn't operated in the country and you are telling me that their military aid to Egypt is essentially the same as operating inside the country, what? you honestly cannot be serious. Maybe educate yourself as to the reason the United States provides military aid to Egypt and then come back.

2. They have shown to be competent enough to rise to such challenges and as i said, the united states has not operated within their borders

(Note how you could not dispute what i wrote, instead, you chose to make excuses)

3. I myself cannot actually believe you just wrote that, confirms your complete lack of any understanding of military affairs. Stick to posting photos and defending the Nigerian military.

4. Once again, a complete failure in retorting my point, you rather choose to diverge and make useless points. I told you there was a difference between having bases in an allys country (AS A DETERRENT AGAINST AN ENEMY) and Operating in said country, and your response is that "If the countries in Europe can guarantee their own security, the US will not need to have military bases there"? Again, what does that have to do with the United States carrying out operations within the borders of these countries?
(And you think that if Europe chose to that they could not guarantee their own safety?)

My lord, fact-based argument? your article is supposed to convince me on a point i never disputed?
You consistently side skirt what am talking about, you make other points that i never mentioned, then you post sources to support your point and then declare yourself the fact finder. A lot more ignorant points in your post but i really don't have the time, so carry on.

For those who only read bolded, HE NEVER ASKED FOR EVIDENCE. And certainly nothing I posted needed to be cited.
that guy defends the incompetence of the army like an uneducated person... How can aids be compared to a flagrant violation of your sovereignty.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Toju200:

Murtala
@Murtalaibin
·
2m
There’s a story not often told, about Nigeria's Armed Forces Special Force (AFSF), an elite group of warriors whose operations were mostly shrouded in mystery.

Trained in Russia- Belarus in 2014, BH avoided contact with AFSF. 2nd was trained in Pakistan In 2017.
you guys should stop all this nonsense... Trained in Brussia to do what.. Murder its own citizens or abandon barrack and run when they see terrorists?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian troops conduct a simulation exercise.
Yes these is the nonsense that I am talking about... A simulation excercise... What business does a country that is facing real scenarios have doing simulations?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:

You are so naive, and it's embarrassing to read.

Let me take your 2 African examples, Egypt has received military aid in excess of 2 billion dollars annually from the United States since the 1980s.

That is essentially the United States operating in Egypt since 1980.

South-Africa does not suffer the sort of security challenges that countries in the sahel region suffer. If an American citizen were to be kidnapped by ISIS linked terrorists, the US government will send soldiers there.

I can't believe I need to reiterate this, the defence budget is the primary indicator of a country's military might, it is not the only indicator, but it's the primary indicator.

If the countries in Europe can guarantee their own security, the US will not need to have military bases there. It doesn't matter if you are an ally or not.

Israel is an ally of the US, but the Americans don't have a permanent military base there.

Dutate was President when American special forces operated in the Philippines.

You need to read more widely, the Philippines and US military relationship dates from before world war 2.

Nigeria is the number 1 security partner of the united states in West - Africa, Nigeria this year alone has conducted 3 major military exercises with the US.

Again you post reeks of a general lack of information & understanding. Terrorist groups do not recognize borders, this is one of the reasons the MNJTF exists, this is why Exercise Flintlock exists, this is why the G5 sahel security partnership exists.

The US Embassy in Nigeria clearly stated it was a cooperation, you have decided to read whatever meaning you like in the statement.

But a Mail & Guardian investigation can, for the first time, reveal where US special operators have been active on the African continent — and offer exclusive details about low-profile missions that have been largely kept under wraps.

In 2019, US Special Operations forces were deployed in 22 African countries: Algeria, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Côte D’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania and Tunisia.

https://pulitzercenter.org/reporting/exclusive-inside-secret-world-us-commandos-africa#:~:text=In%202019%2C%20US%20Special%20Operations,%2C%20Somalia%2C%20Tanzania%20and%20Tunisia.

I have cited sources for you, I have broken down my post in a manner that would ensure an ease of understanding. If you continue to remain ignorant at this point, that's on you.

Your last paragraph, most people in this thread want a fact based argument, citing credible and verifiable sources.

Claims should be backed up with credible evidence, not the sort of emotions we have all read in your post.

A fact based argument should be encouraged.

It is not a crime to ask for evidence.
International citizens have been kidnapped/held hostage in SA in the past before, all of which were successfully dealt with by the SAPS Special Task Force............. even if it happens to be an American citizen then the STF will still handle it.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:
mmmmmm.........

kabe1:

And you never deliver. grin grin grin

I think we would pass.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ezugwu MRAP from DICON is looking really good!

Would definitely give Proforce a run for the money.

The improvements on this model, especially when compared to the first iteration are light years apart.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.