Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6020255 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
Appisko:

Such useless statement Nigerians and their stupid egocentric attitude angry angry

You , your FISH BRAIN and your INFERIORITY COMPLEX

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
Jimi24:

It is money. Not sanctions.

It's a sanctions problem, not a money problem. I will look for that link and post it.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tobiloba2407: 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
kabe1:

It's a sanctions problem, not a money problem. I will look for that link and post it.

It's a sanction problem with USA and Russia, and a potential backlash that can affect Nigeria, i think after the super tucano are released we would get the remaining mi35

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
jteku:
Who can confirm this

https://dailynigerian.com/breaking-us-military-rescues-citizen-from-bandits-in-nigeria/
the citizen was kidnapped in Niger republic.
Joint effort in terms of Intel with Nigeria,US,Niger led to their rescue in Nigeria.
By US Navy seals.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2020
Tunisian army Special forces (GFS)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Toju200:
the citizen was kidnapped in Niger republic.
Joint effort in terms of Intel with Nigeria,US,Niger led to their rescue in Nigeria.
By US Navy seals.
please don't insult our intelligence with this nonsense about joint effort... If it is a joint effort the united state president will give you a vote of thanks in his statement... He didn't so it means you guys contributed nothing... You guys might even have gotten in the way... With your loud and clumsy improvised junk of metal equipments... Shameful military that shoots at civilians... I am ashamed of all of you. Fu#king ret#rds all of you

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
Salatavor:
please don't insult our intelligence with this nonsense about joint effort... If it is a joint effort the united state president will give you a vote of thanks in his statement... He didn't so it means you guys contributed nothing... You guys might even have gotten in the way... With your loud and clumsy improvised junk of metal equipments... Shameful military that shoots at civilians... I am ashamed of all of you. Fu#king ret#rds all of you

You're free to say what you want.

-U.S. Mission Nigeria

We thank the Government of Nigeria for its partnership and support of this mission.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
Salatavor:

You really are a fool.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ken006: 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
No insulting...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2020
kabe1:

You really are a fool.
proves nothing... They thank you for supporting them by staying the hell from their way... How did you people support?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Salatavor:
proves nothing... They thank you for supporting them by staying the hell from their way... How did you people support?

The statement from the embassy is clear, go and cry to Donald Trump.

The utter stupidity.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 10:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
kabe1:

The statement from the embassy is clear, go and cry to Donald Trump.

The utter stupidity.

With or without the consent of the Nigerian government or the corporation of the Nigerian military, I did not think I will see the day were Nigeria will become yet another country that the USA conducts operations in.
We are running down the route of Pakistan and it is shameful.
If there is any pride left in this country we should build up our services to handle any and all manner of threats instead of inviting a foreign power (regardless of whether their citizen is involved)
I really am ashamed of the whole thing.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
What dirty shame are people talking about

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
Daverytimes:

With or without the consent of the Nigerian government or the corporation of the Nigerian military, I did not think I will see the day were Nigeria will become yet another country that the USA conducts operations in.
If there is any pride left in this country we should build up our services to handle any and all manner of threats instead of inviting a foreign power (regardless of whether their citizen is involved)

Ashamed of what?

Please reign in your emotions. The US military budget is 700 billion dollars, what is the national budget of Nigeria?

The United States has a military base with over 30,000 troops in South-Korea, what is the defence budget of South-Korea?

The US has an Air Force base in the UK, American F-35 fighters jets make up the bulk of the UK's fighter carrier wing.

America maintains an air base in Sigonela, Italy. With F-16s deployed.

American special forces fought in the battle of marawi in the Philippines.

And so what if the Americans conducted a joint operation in Nigeria, and why should you be ashamed?

You need to grow up.

There is no country on earth the US cannot conduct a military operation in.

If want to go on being ashamed, well, I can't help you.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
kabe1:

Ashamed of what?

Please reign in your emotions. The US military budget is 700 billion dollars, what is the national budget of Nigeria?

The United States has a military base with over 30,000 troops in South-Korea, what is the defence budget of South-Korea?

The US has an Air Force base in the UK, American F-35 fighters jets make up the bulk of the UK's fighter carrier wing.

And so what if the Americans conducted a joint operation in Nigeria, and why should you be ashamed?

You need to grow up.

100 likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
kabe1:

Ashamed of what?

You need to grow up.

you are wicked man!!! Look how you destroyed the duos, salatavor and daverytimes.
Now they will have to summon their last shame to post another rant so they'd feel ok. Shekau will be jealous of your WMD grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
kabe1:

Ashamed of what?

You need to grow up.

I need a lengthy response to this but 2 things stop me, time and the fact that whatever I say is unlikely to change any opinion you hold. Nevertheless, here is a summary.

The US budget is not an indicator of its might (certainly it paints a picture that is far too simplistic and incomplete) when making an argument of a countries military, you should steer clear of using budget as some holy grail of measurement.

You seem to lack an understanding of having military bases in the country of an ally (usually as a deterrent against an enemy) and conducting military operations in said country.

The United States does maintain a lot of bases around the world but they are all in countries that they are allied with (obviously, but I thought it needed to be mentioned).
The U.S, rarely if ever, conduct military operations inside the borders of its allies (The Phillipines today hardly constitutes an ally considering the actions of duterte)

The United States with or without government approval has not conducted any military operations inside Egypt or South Africa, the other two big nations in the continent. Why? Because their security services are competent enough to tackle issues that arise inside their borders without the need for outside assistance.

The United States CANNOT conduct a military operation on any country it wants, that statement is either hyperbolic (giving you the benefit of the doubt) or grossly ignorant.

Nigeria is a non aligned country, if we started inviting global powers, whenever their citizens are abducted, to conduct operations you begin to lose respect, your autonomy is slowly chipped away and slowly but surely your country becomes their playground. We cannot afford to let countries start operating withing the borders of our country.

If you have any patriotic bone in your body it will equally make you feel ashamed, from what I see however I don't think that's you.

IGpro1:
you are wicked man!!! Look how you destroyed the duos, salatavor and daverytimes.
Now they will have to summon their last shame to post another rant so they'd feel ok. Shekau will be jealous of your WMD grin grin

I do sometimes wonder if you guys loyalty lies to the country of Nigeria or to the military, because the posts you all make is sometimes baffling (just a general observation that is not based on your particular comment)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by UltimateDreamer: 12:31am On Nov 01, 2020
https://peoplesgazette.com/exclusive-soldier-who-warned-against-shooting-endsars-protesters-transferred-to-defence-intelligence/

Lance Corporal Harrison Friday - One good soldier

One good soldier against the tyrant
One good soldier against evil
One good soldier to speak against Injustice
One good soldier not afraid of truth

For truth sets us free
For truth will always remain true
In the day or night, truth rings true
In sleep or wide awake truth is not new.

Truth is as old as time itself, seeking courageous bodies to inhabit
Just as evil seeks to wreck the minds of the feeble and weak
We call it valiant when a gun holding soldier shoots a gun holding terrorist
What do we call a soldier that speaks up for the unarmed he swore to protect

Is there only one good soldier?
Is there only one good soldier, not only ready to lay down life for country
but also ready to speak out against evil and injustice.
Is there only one good soldier?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 12:48am On Nov 01, 2020
e dey sweet una when Nigeria was going to other places for military expeditions too ooo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Donian007: 1:17am On Nov 01, 2020
A lot of the things that many people almost brought down the skies for just at their mention during the Beegeagle days are surprisingly now very much acceptable and welcome. Goes to show how well we have "progressed" as a nation in the past 10 years. Very sad reading and observing here.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2020
Daverytimes:

I need a lengthy response to this but 2 things stop me, time and the fact that whatever I say is unlikely to change any opinion you hold. Nevertheless, here is a summary.

The US budget is not an indicator of its might (certainly it paints a picture that is far too simplistic and incomplete) when making an argument of a countries military, you should steer clear of using budget as some holy grail of measurement.

You seem to lack an understanding of having military bases in the country of an ally (usually as a deterrent against an enemy) and conducting military operations in said country.

The United States does maintain a lot of bases around the world but they are all in countries that they are allied with (obviously, but I thought it needed to be mentioned).
The U.S, rarely if ever, conduct military operations inside the borders of its allies (The Phillipines today hardly constitutes an ally considering the actions of duterte)

The United States with or without government approval has not conducted any military operations inside Egypt or South Africa, the other two big nations in the continent. Why? Because their security services are competent enough to tackle issues that arise inside their borders without the need for outside assistance.

The United States CANNOT conduct a military operation on any country it wants, that statement that is either hyperbolic (giving you the benefit of the doubt) or grossly ignorant.

Nigeria is a non aligned country, if we started inviting global powers, whenever their citizens are abducted, to conduct operations you begin to lose respect, your autonomy is slowly chipped away and slowly but surely your country becomes their playground. We cannot afford to let countries start operating withing the borders of our country.

If you have any patriotic bone in your body it will equally make you feel ashamed, from what I see however I don't think that's you.

I do sometimes wonder if you guys loyalty lies to the country of Nigeria or to the military, because the posts you all make is sometimes baffling (just a general observation that is not based on your particular comment)

You are so naive, and it's embarrassing to read.

Let me take your 2 African examples, Egypt has received military aid in excess of 2 billion dollars annually from the United States since the 1980s.

That is essentially the United States operating in Egypt since 1980.

South-Africa does not suffer the sort of security challenges that countries in the sahel region suffer. If an American citizen were to be kidnapped by ISIS linked terrorists, the US government will send soldiers there.

I can't believe I need to reiterate this, the defence budget is the primary indicator of a country's military might, it is not the only indicator, but it's the primary indicator.

If the countries in Europe can guarantee their own security, the US will not need to have military bases there. It doesn't matter if you are an ally or not.

Israel is an ally of the US, but the Americans don't have a permanent military base there.

Dutate was President when American special forces operated in the Philippines.

You need to read more widely, the Philippines and US military relationship dates from before world war 2.

Nigeria is the number 1 security partner of the united states in West - Africa, Nigeria this year alone has conducted 3 major military exercises with the US.

Again you post reeks of a general lack of information & understanding. Terrorist groups do not recognize borders, this is one of the reasons the MNJTF exists, this is why Exercise Flintlock exists, this is why the G5 sahel security partnership exists.

The US Embassy in Nigeria clearly stated it was a cooperation, you have decided to read whatever meaning you like in the statement.

But a Mail & Guardian investigation can, for the first time, reveal where US special operators have been active on the African continent — and offer exclusive details about low-profile missions that have been largely kept under wraps.

In 2019, US Special Operations forces were deployed in 22 African countries: Algeria, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Côte D’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania and Tunisia.

https://pulitzercenter.org/reporting/exclusive-inside-secret-world-us-commandos-africa#:~:text=In%202019%2C%20US%20Special%20Operations,%2C%20Somalia%2C%20Tanzania%20and%20Tunisia.

I have cited sources for you, I have broken down my post in a manner that would ensure an ease of understanding. If you continue to remain ignorant at this point, that's on you.

Your last paragraph, most people in this thread want a fact based argument, citing credible and verifiable sources.

Claims should be backed up with credible evidence, not the sort of emotions we have all read in your post.

A fact based argument should be encouraged.

It is not a crime to ask for evidence.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2020
US Thanks Nigeria for Support after SEAL Team 6 Rescues American Hostage

The United States Government working with the Nigerian government rescued an American citizen abducted last week in Niger but held hostage in Nigeria, according to multiple sources.

https://www.arise.tv/us-thanks-nigeria-for-support-after-seal-team-6-rescues-american-hostage/amp/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost&__twitter_impression=true

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2020
What pains me the most about nigerians is lack of appreciation to men of our Security agencies,
Yes the US deserves some accolades for this mission but when Nigerian SFs has been conducting rescues nobody said anything,
The US seals didn't even Face strong resistance just 7 bandits
Nigerian Police Special Force that has been conducting rescue ops faces similar or more resistance but nobody dey hail them,when they Raided Ansaru Terrorist camp without military help and almost got the helo shut down,nobody hail Dem,when they rescued a lawyer kidnapped Last week nobody hail them.
Even in the NE when NGO workers where captured by ISWAP last two months NA special Forces freed all even a guy on the other thread can testify cos his friend was among the rescued ,but nobody gave them the deserved accolade..
SMH

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:00am On Nov 01, 2020
Appreciate the efforts of your own military.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by FieldMarshall06(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2020
Daverytimes:

Don't be ashamed bro. The US version is not very complete and the world is not taking the news seriously. Them Americans want to massage their ego. The facts I hear from DHQ are significantly different. Let us wait for the DHQ's official response, maybe by tomorrow.

But your sentiments are true. We should never allow such on our soil. GEJ's govt started it, but we will be putting a stop to it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 9:11am On Nov 01, 2020
If not for porus borders, we won't be facing this bullshit and several other security challenges. The entire northern border isn't up to 1700km, if we plan to secure 200km every year, we will be done in 8 years. We start by monitoring the parts frequently used by criminal elements and target those parts first. We have the manpower for it, there are many idle people in the Nigerian Immigration services and NSCDC that can be used in addition to the army for this.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2020
Whyem15:
If not for porus borders, we won't be facing this bullshit and several other security challenges. The entire northern border isn't up to 1700km, if we plan to secure 200km every year, we will be done in 8 years. We start by monitoring the parts frequently used by criminal elements and target those parts first. We have the manpower for it, there are many idle people in the Nigerian Immigration services and NSCDC that can be used in addition to the army for this.
If you know the amount of cash these politicians are earning from these porous borders,you will shock? grin lol.rice importation,guns for thugs,importing armed men from the sahel,e.t.c.its just a shame

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:57am On Nov 01, 2020
Conversation
'Deji AdesoganTrade mark sign
@DejiAdesogan
JUST IN: Troops of Operation Sahel Sanity responded to a distress call on bandits nefarious activities in a village under #Faskari LGA. In a fierce fire fight 5 bandits reportedly killed while 3 women & their infants rescued. The military also arrest suspected #Bandits informants

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
kabe1:
Appreciate the efforts of your own military.
Yea appreciate the effort of our VIP protection brigade... The US came all the way to secure the life of one citizen and you want to associate yourself with that victory... The Nigerian Christian cleric recently shown in a BH video where is he, why is there no rescue effort yet to free him... I should appreciate the effort of the armed forces because you posted two or three fine pictures? You must be very silly..

A nitwit up there said the US army has a buoyant budget that is why they are able to display the level of skillfulness, professionalism and patriotism.

The question is?

Is it your small budget that sent you to Lekki Toll gate to shoot people?

Is the military budget for Chad bigger than that of Nigeria?

Will Nigeria as a nation survive a conventional war with a well organized army say that of Senegal if it cannot even field a decent display of aggressiveness against rag tag boko haram?

We use to call boko haram rag tag militia till Nigerian soldiers gave them their uniforms, equipments and guns and now the same Nigerian army is telling us they are not rag tag... Why will they be rag tag when your cowardly nature of running away from your garrisons anytime they come has given them enough resources to become a well equipped and mobile force...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Salatavor:
.. The Nigerian Christian cleric recently shown in a BH video where is he, why is there no rescue effort yet to free him... .

This is the kind of foolishness we are talking about.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/29/breaking-missing-plateau-cleric-appears-new-boko-haram-video-asks-nigerian-government

https://www.nairaland.com/6219054/pastor-polycarp-zongo-kidnapped-boko

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
Toju200:
What pains me the most about nigerians is lack of appreciation to men of our Security agencies,
Yes the US deserves some accolades for this mission but when Nigerian SFs has been conducting rescues nobody said anything,
The US seals didn't even Face strong resistance just 7 bandits
Nigerian Police Special Force that has been conducting rescue ops faces similar or more resistance but nobody dey hail them,when they Raided Ansaru Terrorist camp without military help and almost got the helo shut down,nobody hail Dem,when they rescued a lawyer kidnapped Last week nobody hail them.
Even in the NE when NGO workers where captured by ISWAP last two months NA special Forces freed all even a guy on the other thread can testify cos his friend was among the rescued ,but nobody gave them the deserved accolade..
SMH
you are not a very articulate person... How dear you blame the Nigerian citizenry for nothing appreciating the armed forces... What is the armed forces doing to represent themselves in the best light for the citizens to appreciate them... You kill people, you abuse people and you humiliate people for your family members and friends and you want to be taken seriously?

The US president announced that his armed forces men did a good job and people attention was drawn to it. How many times has Buhari done that... Or is it the people that has nothing eating 3 square meal that will come to meet you in sambisa to check if you rescued people or not...

How are you sensitizing the people to see the army... There is poor sensitization... The army to the average Nigerian guards big Men and are used to control crowd. Thats what we know nothing more nothing less... You can fight that fact but you can ask the average citizen and you will get the same assumption... The average citizen does not even believe we are fighting Boko haram they just believe the nothern oligarchy are the ones using it to suck the nation dry... So sensitization matters. The other day you said you wanted to launch a cyber warfare nonsense only for you to end up killing innocent civilians before the end of the same day... How? Who are your thinkers self?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: bidexiii and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108