Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5996771 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
NAF hitting BH where it hurts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESka-arLoo

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
shadowprimezero:

The news was discredited by Otokar itself that Uganda was not the client. The client still remains unknown
Please let us know who it is when you get an answer , speculation will hover on Four Nations
1) Nigeria
2) Ghana
3) Kenya
4) Algeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
LTGEN:

Please let us know who it is when you get an answer , speculation will hover on Four Nations
1) Nigeria
2) Ghana
3) Kenya
4) Algeria

Remove Kenya from the list and add Tunisia also. The African country in question is said to already operate the Otokar Cobra I APC's
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
LTGEN:

1) Nigeria
2) Ghana
3) Kenya
4) Algeria

remove algeria ( algeria is going for deutch . boxer ifv and fush's 2 build under licence)

and add tunisia . tunisia is getting a lot of turkish weapons these last years .

but for me it could be kenya .

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 1:18am On Dec 22, 2020
shadowprimezero:

The news was discredited by Otokar itself that Uganda was not the client. The client still remains unknown
source of otokar saying that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 4:56am On Dec 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:57am On Dec 22, 2020
shadowprimezero:

They discredited Uganda without giving any hint of who the client was?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2020
Raaven:

remove algeria ( algeria is going for deutch . boxer ifv and fush's 2 build under licence)

and add tunisia . tunisia is getting a lot of turkish weapons these last years .

but for me it could be kenya .
The Kenyan deal is still at early stages of the tendering, bidding will happen in June next year, so at this point the tender is opened to anyone so it can't be Kenya.
The $110m Otokar's order is at the tail end of procurement, all is left is training and delivery.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:27am On Dec 22, 2020
Yesterday I posted an article about a Kenyan manufactured clone/look-a-like/tweaked version of m16 and m4 carbine assault rifles from my other account @Stargate254 and that post dissapered and I didn't have the strength to retype my comment. Anyone know what causes nairaland servers/web hosting servicees to behave like this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:29am On Dec 22, 2020
Fidha254:
Yesterday I posted an article about a Kenyan manufactured clone/look-a-like/tweaked version of m16 and m4 carbine assault rifles from my other account @Stargate254 and that post dissapered. Anyone know what causes nairaland servers/web hosting servicees to behave like this?

Anti spam-bot. When next it happens, send an email to the super mods to unban your username.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:45am On Dec 22, 2020
kabe1:

Anti spam-bot. When next it happens, send an email to the super mods to unban your username.
Thanks, do you have the email address?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:47am On Dec 22, 2020
Fidha254:
Thanks, do you have the email address?

Go to the front page, scroll down the page, click on "mail super mods".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2020
Nigerian army artillery

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 7:53am On Dec 22, 2020
mi 24 mkIII . low

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Fidha254:
Yesterday I posted an article about a Kenyan manufactured clone/look-a-like/tweaked version of m16 and m4 carbine assault rifles from my other account @Stargate254 and that post dissapered and I didn't have the strength to retype my comment. Anyone know what causes nairaland servers/web hosting servicees to behave like this?

Happened to me weeks ago, when I try to post a delivery of MI 17 to the Nigerian Airforce, was unable to post for days

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
Raaven:

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defense_news_november_2020_global_security_army_industry/otokar_denies_uganda_is_its_african_client_for_arma_8x8_and_cobra_ii_armored_vehicles.amp.html

but havt found the original source
it might be Tunisia since there's a armored vehicle deal along with the Ankas but still, the armed forces refused to purchase the cobras why going for them again ? hmm.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
paratrooper . algeria

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Why are they running? I thought they wanted to be martyred.
shadowprimezero:
NAF hitting BH where it hurts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESka-arLoo

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2020
fachfouch:

it might be Tunisia since there's a armored vehicle deal along with the Ankas but still, the armed forces refused to purchase the cobras why going for them again ? hmm.

A month or 2 ago I said Tunisia -based on what my Turkish friends in the industry were saying - and you still mentioned the rejected Cobras.
A Turkish banker friend says his bank worked on the financing and the client is Tunisia.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 1:08am On Dec 24, 2020
Lurker4Long:

A month or 2 ago I said Tunisia -based on what my Turkish friends in the industry were saying - and you still mentioned the rejected Cobras.
A Turkish banker friend says his bank worked on the financing and the client is Tunisia.
your friend do know exactly what for the loan ? because what I know the anka's deal is financed by the loan but I don't know about the armored vehicle ... is the loan going also to otokar because that would be interesting.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2020
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/11/13/naf-expects-delivery-of-tucano-fighter-jets-in-2021/amp/

NAF to Take Delivery of Tucano Fighter Jets in Q2 2021
November 13, 2020 3:32 Pm
To acquire 8 UAVs, 3 JF17 Thunder aircraft
By Udora Orizu

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, on Friday said that the Tucano fighter jets ordered by the federal government from the United States in 2019, will arrive the country in the second quarter of 2021.

Abubakar disclosed this when he appeared before the House of Representatives Committee on Air Force, to defend the 2021 budget proposal of the Air Force.

He said the Air Force will also acquire eight unmanned aerial vehicles from China and three JF17 thunder fighter aircraft from Pakistan in 2021.

The Air Chief told the lawmakers that the Air Force has acquired 22 aircraft in recent times and was expecting 17 more, in addition to the three special mission aircraft it is expecting under the Deep Blue project of the Federal Ministry of Transportation.

He, however, lamented that the N8.8 billion proposed for the overhead cost of the Air Force in the 2021 fiscal year is grossly inadequate, owing to the new platforms it has acquired, as well as new units that were set up recently.

According to him, ”The overhead cost of the service has remained constant at N8.8 billion despite the increase in the number of personnel and formations.

“We have acquired additional infrastructure, but in spite of that, not much has changed in terms of the overhead. We have increased by about 11 units. These are located in Agatu in Benue State, Gembi in Taraba State, Damaturu in Yobe State, Ikirun in Osun State, we are expanding the unit in Ipetu Ijesa. We have also established an FOB in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna State.

”The running cost of these units is something that is weighing heavily on the Air Force. That is why we are appealing for increase in the overhead cost. In terms of personnel, the Air Force has grown to over 11,000 personnel and right now, we are recruiting an additional 1,000. So, it is huge in terms of the infrastructure. For the platforms we have created, we have acquired 22 aircraft and we are expecting 17 more. In addition, we are expecting to get three special mission aircraft under the deep blue project of the Federal Ministry of Transportation.

”I have intimated you of the eight UAVs we are expecting from China. With these number of platforms, the number of personnel have increased and the expansion of the units, definitely the current overhead will be inadequate. The 2021 budget proposal is tailored towards acquiring more platforms and maintaining existing platforms. The NAF intends to intensify its procurement of spare parts, as well as arms and ammunition. Emphasis will also be placed on ongoing infrastructural development in newly established bases such as Gombe and existing NAF buildings to cater for the welfare of personnel and their families.”

Giving a breakdown of the proposed capital expenditure, Abubakar said: ”We have three JF17 thunder fighter aircraft that the Air Force is acquiring from Pakistan and we are proposing about N17.3 billion for this, while the procurement of targeting bolts for the JF17 thunder aircraft will gulp N3.7 billion. We have up to N2.5 billion for barrack upgrade because the Super Tocano aircraft is coming to Kainji and the runway there is not in shape. We don’t want to go for contract because the cost of doing that runway will be too much and I am sure that the government will not have the resources to do it.”

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2020
Still old order
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Abohboy: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2020
dragon2:
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/11/13/naf-expects-delivery-of-tucano-fighter-jets-in-2021/amp/

NAF to Take Delivery of Tucano Fighter Jets in Q2 2021
November 13, 2020 3:32 Pm
To acquire 8 UAVs, 3 JF17 Thunder aircraft
By Udora Orizu

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, on Friday said that the Tucano fighter jets ordered by the federal government from the United States in 2019, will arrive the country in the second quarter of 2021.

Abubakar disclosed this when he appeared before the House of Representatives Committee on Air Force, to defend the 2021 budget proposal of the Air Force.

He said the Air Force will also acquire eight unmanned aerial vehicles from China and three JF17 thunder fighter aircraft from Pakistan in 2021.

The Air Chief told the lawmakers that the Air Force has acquired 22 aircraft in recent times and was expecting 17 more, in addition to the three special mission aircraft it is expecting under the Deep Blue project of the Federal Ministry of Transportation.

He, however, lamented that the N8.8 billion proposed for the overhead cost of the Air Force in the 2021 fiscal year is grossly inadequate, owing to the new platforms it has acquired, as well as new units that were set up recently.

According to him, ”The overhead cost of the service has remained constant at N8.8 billion despite the increase in the number of personnel and formations.

“We have acquired additional infrastructure, but in spite of that, not much has changed in terms of the overhead. We have increased by about 11 units. These are located in Agatu in Benue State, Gembi in Taraba State, Damaturu in Yobe State, Ikirun in Osun State, we are expanding the unit in Ipetu Ijesa. We have also established an FOB in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna State.

”The running cost of these units is something that is weighing heavily on the Air Force. That is why we are appealing for increase in the overhead cost. In terms of personnel, the Air Force has grown to over 11,000 personnel and right now, we are recruiting an additional 1,000. So, it is huge in terms of the infrastructure. For the platforms we have created, we have acquired 22 aircraft and we are expecting 17 more. In addition, we are expecting to get three special mission aircraft under the deep blue project of the Federal Ministry of Transportation.

”I have intimated you of the eight UAVs we are expecting from China. With these number of platforms, the number of personnel have increased and the expansion of the units, definitely the current overhead will be inadequate. The 2021 budget proposal is tailored towards acquiring more platforms and maintaining existing platforms. The NAF intends to intensify its procurement of spare parts, as well as arms and ammunition. Emphasis will also be placed on ongoing infrastructural development in newly established bases such as Gombe and existing NAF buildings to cater for the welfare of personnel and their families.”

Giving a breakdown of the proposed capital expenditure, Abubakar said: ”We have three JF17 thunder fighter aircraft that the Air Force is acquiring from Pakistan and we are proposing about N17.3 billion for this, while the procurement of targeting bolts for the JF17 thunder aircraft will gulp N3.7 billion. We have up to N2.5 billion for barrack upgrade because the Super Tocano aircraft is coming to Kainji and the runway there is not in shape. We don’t want to go for contract because the cost of doing that runway will be too much and I am sure that the government will not have the resources to do it.”

I thought the super tucano was made for any terrain including dirt and stone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2020
So your idea is to have them land and take off on bad terrain 24/7? Just because it could handle such terrain doesn't mean it could handle it on a daily basis, it will eventually have issues.
So in an emergency situation sure, there is a difference btw an occasional event and a constant one

Abohboy:

I thought the super tucano was made for any terrain including dirt and stone

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
Raaven:
extreme low pass . Algerian Mi 24 MKIII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsS2NhIrToA

South African avionics when you need them most in a bird! grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 6:53am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas people, please spare something for me. Everywhere is tight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sarikidoo: 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2020
Please I need a tanker vessel to carry oil to Ghana.. Please can anyone help??

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by arantess: 5:58am On Dec 26, 2020
Sarikidoo:
Please I need a tanker vessel to carry oil to Ghana.. Please can anyone help??
What's your location?
How many metric tonnes?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2020
Tunisian GFS

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2020
Nigerian army Christmas celebration

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2020
Raaven:
Tunisian GFS

Tunisia has the best kitted Special Forces units in North-Africa.

They always look so modern.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
First serial SU-57 5th Gen fighter jet

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oyinpr(m), Fidha254(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.