Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,090 members, 7,859,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:15 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6027560 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
horlams:

Well the Pakistani flag usually covers the area just above the designator, and that dark area surely doesn't look like the Pakistani flag

I don't really care whether it's photoshop or not
fair enough... However still doesn't change the fact that it is indeed photoshopped...

Just fyi this isn't me saying NAF won't be getting JF-17 very soon

Edit.... Might not be photoshopped after reading Chkil's post

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
Raaven:

the dark area must be the shadow of this piece on the tail ( like pic1.2) the hangar lighting comes from above . dont look photoshopped for me . and havn't found any other source for this pic
oh shit!!! You might be right!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
jln115:
fair enough... However still doesn't change the fact that it is indeed photoshopped...

Just fyi this isn't me saying NAF won't be getting JF-17 very soon

Edit.... Might not be photoshopped after reading Chkil's post
SMH
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
Xbee007:

SMH
stil looks dodge to me.... But when they are delivered we'll know for sure wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2020
AW-139 [Rescue]

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2020
jln115:
stil looks dodge to me.... But when they are delivered we'll know for sure wink
It looks dodgy to me as well the first time I saw it. I reversed searched it and there was no match.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
Xbee007:

It looks dodgy to me as well the first time I saw it. I reversed searched it and there was no match.
I checked it on my laptop.... Looks more realistic than compared to my Mobile

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
Hey guys is it possible for an amphibious assualt ship like Algeria own assualt ship to be upgraded to a mini aircraft carrier might not carry large numbers of jets but capable of carrying helos and small numbers of jets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
marvin906:
Hey guys is it possible for an amphibious assualt ship like Algeria own assualt ship to be upgraded to a mini aircraft carrier might not carry large numbers of jets but capable of carrying helos and small numbers of jets

nope .even having the correct runway length they will not be able to withstand the impact of the jets landing and take off , the structure of the ship and decks are totally different
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
Raaven:

nope .even having the correct runway length they will not be able to withstand the impact of the jets landing and take off , the structure of the ship and decks are totally different

But some variants of the f35 can take off on them so why not the possibility of smaller aircraft like turcanoes even the useless alpha jets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
marvin906:

But some variants of the f35 can take off on them so why not the possibility of smaller aircraft like turcanoes even the useless alpha jets
ouch, despite alpha jets being old; those jets have really served Nigeria well.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:05am On Dec 14, 2020
marvin906:
Absolutely Not.Whomever thought about that should be counseled.
Loads from Helicopters (Impact) compared to impact dynamic from Planes totally different.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:25am On Dec 14, 2020
marvin906:

well the F35 B is special because its designed for short take-off and vertical-landing (STOVL) . like a helicopter . bjut even with STOVL us navy made a lot of modifications on its amphibious assault class America to carry it . and USS america is biiig , twice the tonnage of egyptian mistral class amphibious assault ship .

from wiki :
America will be modified in a similar way to the modifications made on USS Wasp to make her better able to withstand the great amounts of heat generated by the F-35B's engine exhaust when taking off or landing vertically. Intercostal structural members will be added underneath flight deck landing spots seven and nine to more closely perform timed cyclic flight operations without overstressing it. Other changes may involve re-adjusting some ship antennas to allow for a clear flight path. The ship will undergo a 40-week modification period where recently installed piping, lighting, and other features will be removed to weld reinforcements underneath the flight deck , the modification period would have been greater if its construction when in the shipyard had been interrupted to perform it. Such accommodations will be included in all future America-class ships from the start.

pics : USS america and F35B STOVL

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2020
LTGEN:

Absolutely Not.Whomever thought about that should be counseled.
Loads from Helicopters (Impact) compared to impact dynamic from Planes totally different.

I. Know. I Was asking if the platform can. Be modified to be able to withstand the jets but the overall size of the amphibious assualt ship still in place
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 11:06am On Dec 14, 2020
davefurn:

ouch, despite alpha jets being old; those jets have really served Nigeria well.

Alpha jets vs yak which is almost the same family the yak destroys it..
Am not saying it's useless just because I don't like it but for the size of this nation the alpha as the fore front of our airforce is an insult..
air to air combat its totally useless
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2020
Raaven:

well the F35 B is special because its designed for short take-off and vertical-landing (STOVL) . like a helicopter . bjut even with STOVL us navy made a lot of modifications on its amphibious assault class America to carry it . and USS america is biiig , twice the tonnage of egyptian mistral class amphibious assault ship .

from wiki :

pics : USS america and F35B STOVL

Those modifications thats what am talking about..
The platforms modified to withstand the heat, the taking of and land of a fighter jet but still not sacrificing its size to be called an aircraft carrier..
Is it possible..
Look at turkey amphibious ship it looks somehow possible
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2020

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
reports about of a Tunisian contract signed for 3 Turkish Anka-S UAV and 3 command centers . 80 millions dollars

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 8:31am On Dec 15, 2020
Raaven:
reports about of a Tunisian contract signed for 3 Turkish Anka-S UAV and 3 command centers . 80 millions dollars
Nigerian Air Force should focus on getting these Turkish drones. We should also create a drone division with at least 24 UCAVs.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
On his way out the US imposed Sanctions on Turkey for buying the Missile system from Russia.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
kabe1:
Recent Nigerian army APC deliveries.

These vehicles are Ex-Jordanian FV-103 Spartan.

Imported recently and delivered to the Nigerian army.

Maybe over 100pcs used Spartans 103 may have been gifted by Jordanian Army to Nigeria since 2 years ago. Probably just being shipped recently

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
republic sahraoui army

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
Algerian navy received today Second algerian mine countermeasures vessel el-kasseh class (based on Katanpaa class)

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
more

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
mi 24 mkIII

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
ilyshine 76 TD . algerian air force

14.12.2020 : Cheremetievo - Moscou

source : algerie/ forcesdz.com

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
Tunisian air force blackhawk UH-60M

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rocketZA: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
Sentian Aerospace, Johannesburg.

Progress being made on their UAV.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
mig 29 algerian AF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
Fuchs 2 (Fox 2) in deutch.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
Raaven:
republic sahraoui army
With the exception of Algeria and South Africa, all the big regional African countries betrayed the Sahrawi people by voting Morocco back in to the AU.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.