Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5956607 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:09am On Feb 13, 2021
kabe1:

The JF-17 is a Chinese plane, Pakistan provided financial assistance for the program.

That's why all prototypes and eventual production models fly out from CAC Chengdu.
it's a pakistani project jointly produced by Pak/China. China has more capable facilities for aerospace tech that's why they head the project.
Go and do your research bro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:49am On Feb 13, 2021
Toju200:
it's a pakistani project jointly produced by Pak/China. China has more capable facilities for aerospace tech that's why they head the project.
Go and do your research bro

Inculcate the habit of educating yourself.

As a substitute to Super-7, China started the FC-1 project. In February 1992, CATIC (China Aero Technology Import and Export Corporation) invited the Pakistan to invest in the project in return for huge Transfer of Technology and participation in R&grin of the project. Pakistan Accepted.

https://jf-17.com/history/

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 4:55am On Feb 13, 2021
kabe1:
Mali Al Qeada attacks and overruns base.

This is a country that has more than 4,000 French soldiers, nearly 30 Fighter jets including, Rafale, Mirage 2000Ds and Reaper Drones.

Those Estonian photo-ops grin grin special forces serve in this country, yet this sort of brazen attack occurs there.
you know why? Because French soldiers are not Malians Estonians are not Malians. This will not happen in France or Estonia... Mali can only defend Mali... So do not use this to justify the outright anarchy and chaos going on in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
Salatavor:
you know why? Because French soldiers are not Malians Estonians are not Malians. This will not happen in France or Estonia... Mali can only defend Mali... So do not use this to justify the outright anarchy and chaos going on in Nigeria.

World war II

World war 1

The war in Eastern Ukraine

The Algerian war of Independence.

You guys don't read.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EricBraven: 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
kabe1:

World war II

World war 1

You guys don't read.
With this I bet the guy still can't draw the line to make a conclusion
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
I am really trying to understand with the level of hardware in Mali.
The amount of Helicopters, Fixed Wing Aircrafts, The number of SF Soldiers , how is it that Jihadists can target a base, attack and destroy and also loot without any meaningful response.
Did the Soldiers not have any comms ( I am not being sarcastic. I want the truth.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
kabe1:

World war II

World war 1

You guys don't read.
You are a Dullard... How there you compare a conventional war that was big enough to be called a world War to this bunch of militants brandishing arms in the desert? The war in Eastern Ukraine how can you compare an invasion of Russian equipped, trained and supported special forces to this animal skin wearing band of banana farm invaders?

OH my, those were the good old days (Algerian War) of desert warfare, I can still see the greats of that time launching a sun down ambush with a convoy of Toyota trucks, cloud of dusts behind them, those were the days of great fighters. Not all this so called Special Forces men that cannot take a straight piss.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
Salatavor:
You are a Dullard... How there you compare a conventional war that was big enough to be called a world War to this bunch of militants brandishing arms in the desert? The war in Eastern Ukraine how can you compare an invasion of Russian equipped, trained and supported special forces to this animal skin wearing band of banana farm invaders?

OH my, those were the good old days (Algerian War) of desert warfare, I can still see the greats of that time launching a sun down ambush with a convoy of Toyota trucks, cloud of dusts behind them, those were the days of great fighters. Not all this so called Special Forces men that cannot take a straight piss.

Making excuses I see.

Didn't expect any less.

You ended up contradicting yourself, bravo!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2021
1 Tactical Intelligence Regiment, SA Army.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:11am On Feb 14, 2021
Paratroopers in the DRC.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nigeria is at war.
Nigeria is facing the same thing as what sudan faced.
Fulani from all over west africa are being allowed free passage into nigeria in order to take over the land from the indigenous people through genocide. Any fulani from any country in this world is also considered to be a nigerian by the nigerian government.

That is what is going on.

Buhari is 100% behind this and this explains why he made sure the entire executive branch of government was filled with fulani sunni muslims.

Just take a look at this video from the beginning to date 8:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkRgZmqf91Q

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
Sudan did the same thing when it made it law that every arab in the world was a sudanese. Nigeria seems to have made it law that every fulani in the world is a nigerian.

What happened to the middle belt will be childs play compared to what will happen to the south of nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
All I can say to southerners and middle beltans is this:

Defend yourselves ! defend yourselves, defend yourselves !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZlTK7mTpPs

These colonizers (fulani) are not joking around, defend yourselves !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2021
Middle beltans and southerners, you are being duped, nigeria is not being led by patriotic nigerians, rather you have bigoted genocidal maniacs trying to turn nigeria into a fulani colony and wipe you out. It is a gradual process. This is exactly what happened in Sudan and to some extent this is also what happened in Israel. You claim outsiders whom are from one given ethnicity are entitled to your citizenship (in nigeria it is fulani, in sudan it was arabs, in israel/palestine it is the jews). Then the new settlers from the "chosen" tribe come and practice genocide on the indigenous people (whom are not from the "chosen" tribe) in order to take over their lands.

N.B: buhari come and arrest me if you've got corrones.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 7:32am On Feb 16, 2021
Kabe1 please do you have any news about SDB3
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
More success for Paramount as Indian Army orders 200 x Mbombe 4.
To be manufactured under licence in India as the Kalyani M4.

https://defenceview.in/indian-army-order-200-kalyani-m4-armoured-vehicle/

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 12:12am On Feb 17, 2021
Tunisian army on Libya's border

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 12:14am On Feb 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 12:17am On Feb 17, 2021

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 8:51am On Feb 17, 2021
Let me let you guys in on a little secret... You see the Algerian Soldiers and other soldiers you guys keep seeing that are always looking well kitted and neat in the desert those guys are just there for excercise that is why they are looking that clean... They should not be compared with soldiers that have spent up to 3 months on the same cloths in the trenches like their Nigerian Counterparts in NE. You can see that Nigerian soldiers during excercises are also always looking clean and well kitted, but leave them in the bush for 2 months and they are back to the stone age. That is what combat does to you...

Oh, I remember the good old days when we touched down at Lungi Airport in Sierra Leone... We were all looking crisp and clean like new 500 Naira note... As we matched down from the C130 Hercules Aircraft Airplane, I looked around me and I saw a country that was deep in need of an intervention, I looked at the flag on my shoulder and I thanked God for Nigeria... The locals saw us as heroes as the AFP photographers polished our faces with the flashes from their cameras...

That is me in the picture holding my gun, they told me it was a peace operation but I knew deep within me that someone will provoke me to shoot this gun that I am holding. I was not happy that day because I am a trained soldier and whenever this politician's mix the words "peace" and "force" together I have always preferred if they left me out of it.

17 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by theenchanter: 9:15am On Feb 17, 2021
Salatavor:
Let me let you guys in on a little secret... You see the Algerian Soldiers and other soldiers you guys keep seeing that are always looking well kitted and neat in the desert those guys are just there for excercise that is why they are looking that clean... They should not be compared with soldiers that have spent up to 3 months on the same cloths in the trenches like their Nigerian Counterparts in NE. You can see that Nigerian soldiers during excercises are also always looking clean and well kitted, but leave them in the bush for 2 months and they are back to the stone age. That is what combat does to you...

Oh, I remember the good old days when we touched down at Lungi Airport in Sierra Leone... We were all looking crisp and clean like new 500 Naira note... As we matched down from the C130 Hercules Aircraft Airplane, I looked around me and I saw a country that was deep in need of an intervention, I looked at the flag on my shoulder and I thanked God for Nigeria... The locals saw us as heroes as the AFP photographers polished our faces with the flashes from their cameras...

That is me in the picture holding my gun, they told me it was a peace operation but I knew deep within me that someone will provoke me to shoot this gun that I am holding. I was not happy that day because I am a trained soldier and whenever this politician's mix the words "peace" and "force" together I have always preferred if they left me out of it.
Nice.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2021
Salatavor:

"You like vest abi?...... When jungle mature finish na you go comot am yourself" that was the comment of a guy who recently served in the northeast to someone's tweet asking why Nigerian soldiers are not properly kitted.

The first thing that will be exhausted is water, then food, by the time you start getting weak, no one will tell you to lose the extra weights. The northeast operational theater is a very harsh place. Even Egyptian soldiers deployed to the Sinai have been seen in the same way. Nonetheless, soldiers have served in harsher conditions without losing that touch of professionalism. It is all about discipline after ensuring that everything the soldiers need have been well taken care of.
If you want to know how difficult it is for the soldiers, get a jungle boot and wear for 72hrs without removing.

The soldiers deployed to the street of Lagos last October were properly kitted. In fact they were impressive.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rationalhuman(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2021
Providing a good Technical Comparison even between any two aircrafts will take atleast 36 to 48 hours (just to read the details provided by manufacturer and then go through some analysis of technologies being offered) thus it will be a mammoth task. Also your list have aircrft designed for various roles (Like jaguar for Ground attack, F18 a carrier based mulirole and SU30 Airsuperiority, thus there can not be a viable comparison)
However based on my knowledge and worked on few technologies myself (Worked in Various streams of Redundancies and automation, actuation and sensing systems)
I would like to organize like below;

Rafale, SU30, Typhoon, SU34, MIG35, MIG 29, F16, F18, Tejas (MK1A), Gripen, Tejas Mk1, Mirage, JF-17

I have never studied SU27, MIG31 and J10, J11 (lack of credible transparent data by Chinese manufacturer) thus can not say a word about them.

I hope i am correct to a good percentage.
MiddleDimension:
everyone please give your opinion.

Arrange these Jets in the right order starting with the most superior: F16, F15, F18, SU27, SU30, SU34, MIG29, MIG31, MIG35, J10, J11, JF17, Tejas, Typhoon, Rafale, Gripen, Mirage (all latest variants)? Give reasons

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
I see you Henry! grin grin grin

EDIT: Oops, wrong Henry. As you were...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2021
grin Impostors and cock and bull story

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2021
Odunayaw:
grin Impostors and cock and bull story
grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 9:49am On Feb 18, 2021
Found this private Facebook page for KDF soldiers from one barracks, most of the posts are from personal private everyday lives or pictures that already exist in the public domain, but from time to time we get lucky after someone posts some exclusive never seen before stuff.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 10:00am On Feb 18, 2021
cont'd

These ones are from Administration Police (AP)members.

1st pic is a unit known as Border Patrol Unit - BPU
2nd pic is Rapid Deployment Unit - RDU

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
Salatavor:

@salatavor,is that really you?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sahureka: 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2021

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
France, West Africa Step up Counterterrorism Efforts

PARIS (AP) — Leaders from five West African nations and France agreed Tuesday to step up the fight against Islamic extremists in the Sahel region by

deploying a new battalion from Chad, maintaining a strong French military presence and gradually building up a European task force.

The leaders of Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad, Niger and Mauritania, in a final statement from their two-day summit in N’Djamena, Chad, hailed progress over the past year that they said had made the implementation of a clear military strategy possible.

French President Emmanuel Macron, European officials and the heads of international organizations also attended the summit via videoconference.

Speaking from Paris, Macron said he would maintain the number of French troops operating in the region at their current level at least until summer. The remark is an apparent reversal from previous statements Macron made in which he suggested that he favored a gradual reduction of troop levels.

“I think that precipitating a French withdrawal or willing to massively withdraw soldiers - which is an option I studied - would be a mistake,” he said during a news conference. “This is the result of a discussion I had with each (Sahelian) leader.”

France has about 5,100 troops deployed in the five West African countries, making it the country’s largest military operation abroad.

“We must not release pressure on terrorist groups,” Macron said during Tuesday’s meeting.

Macron said military operations should stay focused on the region bordering Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso - the epicenter of the fight against jihadist groups.

The military will also this year “try to cut off the head” of al-Qaida-linked groups known as JNIM and the Macina Liberation Front, he said.

President Idris Deby of Chad said his country would send 1,200 troops to the tri-border region between Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger.

Chad has said in the past that it would deploy soldiers to the region but did not.

The leaders who attended the summit also vowed to further strengthen a regional force known as the G5 Sahel force that was launched in 2017. It is made up of soldiers from Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad, Niger and Mauritania who operate in cooperation with French troops.

African and European officials called for long-term international financing of G5 Sahel. Macron said the force needs 40 million euros ($48.5 million) per year to stay operational.

Burkina Faso is one of the hardest-hit countries in the region, with more than 1 million displaced people as a result of the violence. Civilians there civilians have lauded military gains made last year, pointing to how some people have started returning to the villages from which they were chased.

“This was unexpected a year ago,” Armand Joseph Kabore, director of Labo Citoyennetes, a think tank in Burkina Faso told The Associated Press.

Kabore said that while he appreciates international assistance, he thinks it’s time for African countries to find solutions and to be responsible for their own security.

“In order to stop being eternally assisted, we have to grow up. Even a child who is born into the world must at some point be able to fly on his own,” he said.

If France does reduce its troop commitment in the future, the region would have to find a solution to compensate its absence, Kabore noted.

”(The G5 Sahel) force has to be more present, more of a deterrent, and capable of efficiently opposing forces of evil,” he said.

Other Sahel analysts don’t think the region is ready to go it alone.

“The progress of the G5-Sahel is quite slow. We thought that right after the creation of this organization it would achieve concrete objectives, like strengthening the Sahel countries’ armies' capacity to face terrorism," Siaka Coulibaly, an analyst with the Center for Public Policy Monitoring by Citizens in Burkina Faso, said. "On this exact point, we realized that the countries aren’t really satisfactory.”
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
A Nigerian Air Force NAF201 jet, a B350 aircraft, which departed Abuja at 1033UTC with six persons on board, including two crew, has crashed at the Abuja Airport.

All six persons on board are reported dead.

The aircraft was said to have reported engine failure at 1039 and crashed landed on the final approach path of Abuja Runway 22 at time 1048UTC.

Fire services are already at the scene of the accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxJar59xJU

(1) (2) (3) ... (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.