Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,214 members, 7,849,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6014315 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
Please Guys, what is the difference between 120mm mortar round and 105mm howitzer round in terms of lethality?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
youghs:
Please Guys, what is the difference between 120mm mortar round and 105mm howitzer round in terms of lethality?

Both are lethal in there class but has deferent roles or use and has there advantage over the other, in other words "tactical purpose".
For medium range the 105mm howitzer has the advantage of range, while the 120mm mortar is shorter on range but has more versatile roles such has in close defense of base or military formations, rapid fire and can be easily deployed.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2021
Tunisian infantry

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2021

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2021
Tunisian army ejder and humvee

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2021
Tunisian Uh-1 equipped with thermal cam and a rocket launcher

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2021
bidexiii:

Both are lethal in there class but has deferent roles or use and has there advantage over the other, in other words "tactical purpose".
For medium range the 105mm howitzer has the advantage of range, while the 120mm mortar is shorter on range but has more versatile roles such has in close defense of base or military formations, rapid fire and can be easily deployed.

thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rocketZA: 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
rocketZA:
University of KwaZulu Natal (South Africa) have launched their Phoenix hybrid rocket reaching an altitude of 18 km. This is after a failed test in 2019.
They are also separately working on a liquid rocket engine, with the eventual goal of a satellite launch capability.

@militaryafrica twitter page. Can you please be creative and use your own words. You copied this post word for word, picture for picture on your Twitter post. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/militaryafrica/status/1369358896675045381?s=20

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:07am On Mar 12, 2021
Some good news for the Nigerian Air Force.

The Italian defence contractor Leonardo is poised to deliver as many as 24 Aermacchi M-346 training aircraft to the Nigerian Air Force. These planes are part of a drive to modernise the NAF, headed by Isiaka Oladayo Amao

https://www.africaintelligence.com/central-and-west-africa_business/2021/03/11/leonardo-gives-nigerian-air-force-a-lift-with-its-m-346-training-jets,109649600-ar1

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:15am On Mar 12, 2021
Africa Intelligence is the most reliable defence news source in Africa, their articles cost a fortune to read.

If this news turns out to be through, the purchase of the M-346 would be the most significant facelift for the Nigerian Air Force since the arrival of the Alpha Jets 44 years ago.

According to Africa Intelligence Nigeria is due to receive 6 units soon.

The M-346 is a direct replace for the Alpha Jet which have served Nigeria for 44 years and counting.

It is currently Europe's best performing Lead-in Fighter Trainer aircraft.

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:28am On Mar 12, 2021
kabe1:
Africa Intelligence is the most reliable defence news source in Africa, their articles cost a fortune to read.

If this news turns out to be through, the purchase of the M-346 would be the most significant facelift for the Nigerian Air Force since the arrival of the Alpha Jets 44 years ago.

The M-346 is a direct replace for the Alpha Jet which have served Nigeria for 44 years and counting.

Long time, knee when you surface it has to be a good news that comes with it.
Another hardware for the NAF inventory.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raeblack: 11:44am On Mar 12, 2021
kabe1:

why not purchase the l15 or the yak 130 like other african countries

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:55am On Mar 12, 2021
Raeblack:

why not purchase the l15 or the yak 130
Seems the Yak-130 and M-346 are the same(almost) the Yak/AM-130
Was a joint project between Russian company Yakolev and Italian Aermacchi

Aermacchi broke out and developed the M-346 if I'm not mistaking.
While Yakolev continued the Yak 130

Visually both jets are kinda the same..
We were supposed to go for the Yak-130 around 2018 but.....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:57am On Mar 12, 2021
bidexiii:

Long time, knee when you surface it has to be a good news that comes with it.
Another hardware for the NAF inventory.

Yea bro, very strategic hardware for NAF.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2021
Raeblack:

why not purchase the l15 or the yak 130 like other african countries

The Yak-130 and the M-346 are the same only difference is one is Russian while the other is Italian.

Both companies, YAK and Augusta(Leonardo) combined to make the aircraft.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ken006: 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ghana police service.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2021
kabe1:

The Yak-130 and the M-346 are the same only difference is one is Russian while the other is Italian.

you heard the update about Six additional CH-4 too?

Hw far SDB3 updates
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
Funds meant for arms purchase ‘missing’ under Buratai, other service chiefs — NSA

https://dailynigerian.com/funds-meant-arms-purchase/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
In other news, it seems NA is poised to receive additional mass shipmets if the Bigfoot MRAP in a drive to increase protected mobility of troops. All photos verified to be extremely recent.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 1:54pm On Mar 12, 2021
Verification

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Why do elite units mostly in the Arab world like these sort of shows?

I think its a cultural thing! However the Algerians have regular brigade level live firexes.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
kabe1:
Some good news for the Nigerian Air Force.

The Italian defence contractor Leonardo is poised to deliver as many as 24 Aermacchi M-346 training aircraft to the Nigerian Air Force. These planes are part of a drive to modernise the NAF, headed by Isiaka Oladayo Amao

https://www.africaintelligence.com/central-and-west-africa_business/2021/03/11/leonardo-gives-nigerian-air-force-a-lift-with-its-m-346-training-jets,109649600-ar1
If Nigeria receives even the engine oil filter of these jets in the next 4 years I will stop criticizing the military heads for their incompetence. Nor be Nigeria military wey we dun dey follow since the days of beegeagle na him wan buy almost 2 squadron of 21st century jets... Story..

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2021
kabe1:

Yea bro, very strategic hardware for NAF.
I'm still trying to place my hand on the role it will serve in the NAF.

I thought the Tucs would be the heirs of the Alpha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2021
Odunayaw:

No Tucs have a distinct flavor for Coin ops and cas.
These will replace the Alpha that can perform a multitude of roles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2021
LTGEN:

No Tucs have a distinct flavor for Coin ops and cas.
These will replace the Alpha that can perform a multitude of roles.
I am of the opinion the Tucs could complement the L39s even in the fighter training pipelines. Remember there is a modernization project for them (L39s)

With the coming of these M346, any JF that is not the block 3 is redundant
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
Odunayaw:

If the deal does go ahead, we might not see any additional purchase of JF-17 aircrafts aside the 3 units procured.

NAF has at least 50 units of Alpha Jets & L-39s to retire, I don't see how the Super Tucanos, 12 units would be able to fill that gap.

Apparently we would get 6 units first of the M-346.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2021
Odunayaw:
I am of the opinion the Tucs could complement the L39s even in the fighter training pipelines. Remember there is a modernization project for them (L39s)

I completely agree with your post in bold.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by avidleo: 12:04am On Mar 13, 2021
We are trading in our 12 MB-339AN for the M346

Salatavor:
If Nigeria receives even the engine oil filter of these jets in the next 4 years I will stop criticizing the military heads for their incompetence. Nor be Nigeria military wey we dun dey follow since the days of beegeagle na him wan buy almost 2 squadron of 21st century jets... Story..

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
kabe1:

Yak-130 is 5 million dollars cheaper than the M-346 and comes with no risk of a sudden cog in the purchase because of perceived human rights issues.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by avidleo: 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
The deal sweetener is the trade in of 12 MB-339AN

Daverytimes:

Yak-130 is 5 million dollars cheaper than the M-346 and comes with no risk of a sudden cog in the purchase because of perceived human rights issues.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
Odunayaw:

The various acquisitions make sense to me. The M346 is a Lead in Flight Trainer/ Light Attack.
Your pilots need to transition from your Pakistani basic trainers to jet aircraft.
If NAF is smart, a squadron will be made available as CAS support, and the rest to train future JF17 pilots.

Then again, I might be projecting: we in SA use our Hawk LIFT as a precursor to the Gripen. Hell, our Hawk cockpits have been Gripenised to ease the transition.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Why do elite units mostly in the Arab world like these sort of shows?

soviet school

(1) (2) (3) ... (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.