Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5984117 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
EricBraven:

the military is not making them irrelevant.
it is the police force that has refused to perform it duty as suppose

My brother there is hardly money for patrol vehicles not to talk of maintenance/fueling. What happens to equipment, training, operational expenses, etc. Will they use their salaries to protect civilian.

The last time my car was stolen, I went to the nearest police station which was maitama and the policeman in charge asked me to buy credit to recharge in order to call other units. To tell you how bad the situation is within the force. It happened right in side the station.

The military picked up the role of the police and got extra funding. You will even see them with better patrol vehicles and no issue with black market operator in the area. The one that surprises me most is the air force personnels mounting road blocks. The truth is army is army and police is police. Police just need manpower, better training and funding and they will do the needful.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Thanks for that. So NAF making the most of less than ideal joined/interoperability capabilities?
Yeah. As it stands, NAF has barely enough platforms for just one part of the fight; Air Interdiction.
The very much preferred joint ops is still out of our hands till more platforms arrive

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EricBraven: 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
iblawi:

My brother there is hardly money for patrol vehicles not to talk of maintenance/fueling. What happens to equipment, training, operational expenses, etc. Will they use their salaries to protect civilian.

The last time my car was stolen, I went to the nearest police station which was maitama and the policeman in charge asked me to buy credit to recharge in order to call other units. To tell you how bad the situation is within the force. It happened right in side the station.

The military picked up the role of the police and got extra funding. You will even see them with better patrol vehicles and no issue with black market operator in the area. The one that surprises me most is the air force personnels mounting road blocks. The truth is army is army and police is police. Police just need manpower, better training and funding and they will do the needful.
yeah they need those things but with that they would still be non functional because they careless about the job .
in Lagos their is a support fund for the police but it is still the same case as other states.
They will only function when the government has the political will to make them function
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EricBraven: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
Fynline:

The presidency apparently like it that way.
I won't agree with that, the police are not presenting themselves as a formidable force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EricBraven: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
iblawi:

I believe you would also agree with me that the Nigeria police are comfortable with that status of theirs,(non functional).
They have a part of the Nigeria budget but I would like to ask what do they use it for? although most are recurrent expenditure but what about those that are not ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
iblawi:

I don't blame the army o. If the police were effectively doing their jobs ab initio, their jobs wouldn't be taken from them.

Like the case of your car, its true.. I have experienced such but.... You see police ba? The rot starts from them...those above and below.

Also, to successfully do the security job, you need the support and trust of the people..... Has the NPF earned this over years? No. As for training, I agree with you 1 million percent. Funding? The police system is a dog-eat-dog world. The way the top heads embezzle the little funds they get, you will know the fate of any extra funds they get ......e.g. The fate of the about 120 billion private individuals pay annually to the police for special private protection (You know that's why the top men there are reluctant to withdraw their boys from VIP protection duties because na their pocket money).. Thats enough for a one time investment in the infrastructure and system of the npf training colleges to upgrade them and their curriculum massively. This money is not even acknowledged not to talk of being reinvested in the system. Overseas training courses are sold to the highest bidders, deployment to 'juicy' states are also sold, allowances for peace keepers are embezzled.

Bro.... The police is the source of the police problems. If your bosses treat you like trash, dont blame others for treating you the same way because.....The way you keep face, na so pesin go take slap you.... I SWEAR THEIR FACE DEY POSITION FOR PERMANENT SLAP.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ghanaian army vehicles,
Ratel 90, Mowag Piranha I, WZ-523 and Street Typhoon MRAP

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
Toju200:
these equipments are to be delivered this year or already delivered.
Hardwares to be delivered that I am aware of
12 A29
8 UCAVs
3 JF17
2 CJ4 citation MPA
C-Falcons
Lana
Big Foot MRAPs
3 Agusta(Under deep blue)
3 PD-1 UAS

And possibly the remaining Mi35m according to a silverbird news anchor

The Hardware recieved last year
VT4
ST1
SH-5
SH-2
4Agustas
MI17
Iszortex Phantom Apcs
AW139

Kabe1 the one from SIPRI are they to be delivered
I will not go by SIPRI alone , Beegeagle and Uncle Deji reported on TWITTER Three crucial items that are not on the list: ( I trust these people)
(1) The Big foot MRAPS from China said to of shipped this month.
(2) The 24x MB346 much as i have discounted it , it has been refused to go away and until I see counter reports I am going to go out on a limb at this point and say it is True.
(3) There is this persistent nagging feeling that the NN is doing something in Germany , the BEST the NN will admit to is they have a project ongoing in Germany , I think we should be patient , there is a lot more to what is going on than SIPRI.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
mekussa:

Meanwhile, we are ordering a total of
11 fire support vehicles(artillery & howitzers)
3 MRAPs
8 Drones
5 Light armoured vehicles
5 Boats
15 Planes
18(or is it 7 helicopters (its not too clear)
8 APCs
2 marine patrol planes

And......

700 Missiles for the 33(or 22) planes and helicopters we are expecting.

Unless we have a VERY LARGE stock of said missiles, this if VERY POOR. Unless we have perfected our missile technology and Considering we already have lots of platforms on ground, CLOSE AIR SUPPORT is a mirage this year.

And when I say we can do more, I was told that the operation on ground is more than enough.

We dey here...... We go see the end

I couldn't have said it any better even if I wanted to.

Aptly stated.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
iblawi:

I am not sure if NIMASA aircraft can be added to navy inventory.

They added the MPA from Bird though.

Although I understand you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
Whyem15:

grin grin grin

Lack of political will at play here. It doesn't affect them so they don't care. And also, Buratai needs to be investigated.

Successive governments I think don't consider security to be a serious issue since it's taking place in the very poor and underdeveloped north east.

That's the only explanation I can see.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
Toju200:
these equipments are to be delivered this year or already delivered.
Hardwares to be delivered that I am aware of
12 A29
8 UCAVs
3 JF17
2 CJ4 citation MPA
C-Falcons
Lana
Big Foot MRAPs
3 Agusta(Under deep blue)
3 PD-1 UAS

And possibly the remaining Mi35m according to a silverbird news anchor

The Hardware recieved last year
VT4
ST1
SH-5
SH-2
4Agustas
MI17
Iszortex Phantom Apcs
AW139

Kabe1 the one from SIPRI are they to be delivered

That's the equipment delivered in the year under review, 2020.

It does not include 2021.

You're repeating the items already mentioned by SIPRI, apart from Lana and the C-falcon boats.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
shadowprimezero:

Thats the thing. The money is there, but it depends on what kind of service chiefs you have to get it as CAS Saddiqe has shown. He was not only a military man, but a politcian as well. He knew who to talk to, who wine and dine with to increase NAF budget.

With any luck Irabor and Attahiru seem much better than the immediate past leadership of NA. I have a feeling we'll be seeing additional acquisitions for the army this year under their watch.

Also on the new jets, new articles keep popping from all over, which seem all too detailed to be passed off as a rumour but we'll have to wait and see

https://www.scramble.nl/military-news/leonardo-m346-masters-for-nigerian-air-force

I doubt if the money is there, what we continue to see is a pattern of piecemeal procurement of military equipment right from the days of Yar'adua to this administration of Buhari.

Seems to be an established pattern.

I don't see, how things would change under the new service chiefs.

We went from between 25-40 JF-17s to 3.

From T-129s from Turkey to Tucanos from Brazil to now M-346 from Italy.

Military procurements continue to be atrocious.

All the new articles on the M-346 get their stories from the same source, Africa Intelligence.

As it seems nobody has read the full Africa Intelligence news report. They are all speculating and running away with the headline and first sentence from Africa Intelligence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2021
kabe1:

Successive governments I think don't consider security to be a serious issue since it's taking place in the very poor and underdeveloped north east.

That's the only explanation I can see.

Honestly, it will take little to spend $5 billion on weapons procurement and getting capabilities but this administration is more concerned about infrastructure.
Maybe with the recent increase in oil prices, the ECA will swell and we might see more reasonable procurements.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
kabe1:

That's the equipment delivered in the year under review, 2020.

It does not include 2021.

You're repeating the items already mentioned by SIPRI, apart from Lana and the C-falcon boats.
I saw the Sipri listing...
And for me I wont go with it.
in as much as im not going with it....
Our way of Buying hardware bad Very bad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
mekussa:

And when I say we can do more, I was told that the operation on ground is more than enough.

You said we needed to do more by Taking the battle to them.And we said thats the essense of Tura takaibango..

I asked u to state the "More" we needed to do and u didnt

now youve stated it here..I love the opinion bro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
mekussa:

Meanwhile, we are ordering a total of
11 fire support vehicles(artillery & howitzers)
3 MRAPs
8 Drones
5 Light armoured vehicles
5 Boats
15 Planes
18(or is it 7 helicopters (its not too clear)
8 APCs
2 marine patrol planes

And......

700 Missiles for the 33(or 22) planes and helicopters we are expecting.

Unless we have a VERY LARGE stock of said missiles, this if VERY POOR. Unless we have perfected our missile technology and Considering we already have lots of platforms on ground, CLOSE AIR SUPPORT is a mirage this year.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
Toju200:
You said we needed to do more by Taking the battle to them.And we said thats the essense of Tura takaibango..

I asked u to state the "More" we needed to do and u didnt

now youve stated it here..I love the opinion bro

This is an example of what I actually meant.....

What i have in mind is a scenario where the air force is informed ahead of time of MAJOR military operations and the air force then dedicates surveillance platforms to cover and provide intelligence for the boots on ground. Attack Platforms can even soften up the enemy location minutes or one hour before the troops move in to mop up.
When the enemy is in this kind of disarray from the air strikes, I don't think they can effectively mobilize for any ambush, attack or counter attack.
This scenario IMO, should be for MAJOR operations. Soldiers on Patrols and in bases should have drone coverage (i am talking of these hand held mini drones not the CH 4 and WING LOONG variety). You can spot off-path ambushes this way plus they are cheaper platforms.

We don't play with them at their level, we up the game and beat them on our terms. Tell me that theres no tiny bit of improvement in this post over what we have now.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
Whyem15:

Honestly, it will take little to spend $5 billion on weapons procurement and getting capabilities but this administration is more concerned about infrastructure.
Maybe with the recent increase in oil prices, the ECA will swell and we might see more reasonable procurements.

Funny how someone on Jakeporesheko's handle on twitter is claiming Nigeria bought 100 Marauder MRAPs.

grin grin grin

The brazen attitude with which some Nigerians tell open lies is incredible!!

How do we grow as a nation when people always openly defend absurdities? ".

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raeblack: 7:21am On Mar 17, 2021
zambia police

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:40am On Mar 18, 2021
SA Navy training with SAAF while a Helix ISR has a look, Cape Town, 16 March 2021.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
I was not aware that there was an Annual Crime Report released by the Kenya police every year.
I used to think there wasn't any, I wish the report had figures on Reported cases VS arrest VS successful court convictions - then we would know how much effective the police are in delivering justice.

Anyway, I can't believe that despite being one of the most corrupt countries (position 124 out of 180 countries according to Transparency international's CPI) we would have less than 150 corruption cases in three consecutive years.. At this rate maybe we should just legalize corruption, at-least we would be able to tax it and thus have control over it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
Some projects at CED

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
On the fight against terror

In 2018, 20 police officers (P.O) , 5 Police Reservists, 16 Civies, were killed, plus 1 Kidnaping making a total of 42 lost casualties from our side.
On the hand, 14 terrorists were arrested and 8 others killed making a total of 22,

So I guess the terrorists won that year, if you look at it that way. I don't about the numbers inside Somalia.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
Cont'd from the report

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
Proforce Defence ARA MK II

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
The beast of the African bush!!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
kabe1:
The beast of the African bush!!

Bush masters grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
bidex111:

Bush masters grin

For sure bro!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
https://twitter.com/Affan1030/status/1372623855827714049?s=20 NAF providing CAS for troops Yesterday..
cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raeblack: 9:16am On Mar 19, 2021
the president of tanzania john p magufuli may your soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AnetteJK: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2021
The Tanzanian president once said he knows the cost of his actions but he has decided to sacrifice his life for his nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s0ikTPZ4I8

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.