Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969219 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
chrisblack:
You are totally wrong. Pakistan is never willing to confront India in any direct war. While india would be ready to strike pakistan on any slight provocation ,Pakistan is always wary of such cause in an outright face-off without the use of nuclear bombs they would be defeated hands down. and they know this .india as the upper hand in any conflit. and please forget about the J-17 thunder its just an over-hyped jet with little functionality
This rightly describes the nonsense that we waited for 9 years to get two units of. The mere sight of JF17 reminds you of our importunities as a nation. I am sure even if the JF17 was just a cardboard carving of a jet, this government will go ahead and buy it just to prove that they can buy jet.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Salatavor:
[s]This rightly describes the nonsense that we waited for 9 years to get two units of. The mere sight of JF17 reminds you of our importunities as a nation. I am sure even if the JF17 was just a cardboard carving of a jet, this government will go ahead and buy it just to prove that they can buy jet[/s].

You come across like a lonely, sad individual. undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
Rightly or wrongly, Nigeria opted for the JF17.
It's an improvement on what obtained before.
They didn't acquire your favourite fighter jet, get over it.

This is a pictures thread.

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
kabe1:

You come across like a lonely, sad individual. undecided undecided

I don talk am for the other thread, him Loneliness do they turn to other stuffs. He needs to be admitted ASAP!

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
Meko A200 frigate . Algerian navy

This days

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 9:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
Kalâat Beni Abbes LPD .algerian navy

Pics in italy this days

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:51am On Jun 09, 2021
Cameroun navy has shown interest to import Navy ships/vessels from Nigeria.

The design of Seaward Defence Boat 4 has commenced, construction of ship is due to begin after the launch of Seaward Defence Boat 3.

Bureau Veritas currently engaged to classify SDB's currently built by Nigeria in preparation for exports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/nigerian-navy-to-begin-construction-maintenance-of-ships-for-other-countries/%3famp=1

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2021
Beautiful picture of the South African Navy MEKO A-200 SAS Amatola

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
kabe1:

The design of Seaward Defence Boat 4 has commenced, construction of ship is due to begin after the launch of Seaward Defence Boat 3.

Bureau Veritas currently engaged to classify SDB's currently built by Nigeria in preparation for exports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/nigerian-navy-to-begin-construction-maintenance-of-ships-for-other-countries/%3famp=1
our LST in faraway UAE is been launched while the SDB is still sitting in the docks.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2021
Sending off parade for a South African soldier killed in a friendly fire incident during an op in the DR Congo.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2021
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2021
kabe1:

NDL have come a long way. The SDB is $8.2m
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
Meanwhile despite all challenges Nigeria keeps making progress. You may call it a paradox but God willing one day a true national leader will emerge and the people will come together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa0UVXzPMWI

Thumbs up to these wonderful Nigerian innovators. We can replicate this in leadership.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
As an addendum Nigeria's brand new JF-17 THUNDER fourth generation plus Multi-role Fighter Jet is not an improvement on what obtained before in the NAF but an addition of a totally whole new generation of air combat capabilities presently non-existent anywhere else in sub-saharan Africa except in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2021
giles14:
our LST in faraway UAE is been launched while the SDB is still sitting in the docks.

Actual construction began in 2019 though. Damen is one of the world's largest shipbuilders, so we can't really compare.

However I agree, SDB3 construction has been slow.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
Odunayaw:
NDL have come a long way. The SDB is $8.2m

That's not cheap. Large vessels are quite expensive apparently.

NDL has a good order book. They have done a lot of jobs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
kabe1:

That's not cheap. Large vessels are quite expensive apparently.

NDL has a good order book. They have done a lot of jobs.
Yeah, I didn't imply it was cheap. I'm only glad we could keep a bulk of that investment in-country

My joy will be full when we also have exports

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
Covert1:
As an addendum Nigeria's brand new JF-17 THUNDER fourth generation plus Multi-role Fighter Jet is not an improvement on what obtained before in the NAF but an addition of a totally whole new generation of air combat capabilities presently non-existent anywhere else in sub-saharan Africa except in Nigeria.

You forgot the the SU30s in the Angola and Uganda Air Forces inventory.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
Odunayaw:
Yeah, I didn't imply it was cheap. I'm only glad we could keep a bulk of that investment in-country

I would've loved for our shipyards to have got the work. SAS, Paramount/Nautic Africa and Damen SA would have done it cheaper.
But regardless of where it was done, well done to the Nigerian Navy.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

You forgot the the SU30s in the Angola and Uganda Air Forces inventory.

Old SU30s. They weren't even bought new. Not well equipped.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I would've loved for our shipyards to have got the work. SAS, Paramount/Nautic Africa and Damen SA would have done it cheaper.

It's all about building local capacity. Cost doesn't matter for now. You have to spend money to save money.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
Lurker4Long:

But did any of your shipyards place a tender? I assume we are talking of the LST

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
Odunayaw:

Hopefully by August SDB 3 would be launched, and SDB 4 would be 60 meters long.

Hopefully we continue to grow our home grown skills, while we also look to importing skilled talents from abroad (Nigerian or foreigner).

Example the design for South-Africa's hydrographic ship which is currently been built is Canadian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
Odunayaw:
But did any of your shipyards place a tender? I assume we are talking of the LST

South-African shipyards don't currently have the skills to deliver complex ships.

There's no way any company from RSA would have bidded for the LST.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Domestication of skill and building an independent shipbuilding industry is irreplaceable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
Nigerian design engineer working on SDB 3 design.

14 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
iblawi:

Old SU30s. They weren't even bought new. Not well equipped.

And to state the Ugandan SU-30s has no precision ground attack capability, no thrust vector control and many other factors like but not limited to Air Power Doctrine and the requisite human resources barely existent in both Air Forces and most Air Forces in Africa.

Much can be said about the Angolan and Ugandan Air Forces but a couple of the guys here deserve no response they are just trolling and mischievous. You can't educate a jaded mind. The facts are self evident and public.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 1:14am On Jun 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:44am On Jun 10, 2021
Odunayaw:
Not sure. And yes I meant LST.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2021
Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
kabe1:

South-African shipyards don't currently have the skills to deliver complex ships.

There's no way any company from RSA would have bidded for the LST.
Shipyards that have built pic1 and currently building pic2 cannot do pic3?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.