Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969883 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Shipyards that have built pic1 and currently building pic2 cannot do pic3?

SAS Drakensberg was built in 1986

The second ship hasn't been built.

Yet you want to build an LST for Nigeria?

I admire your optimism but you really need to wake up to reality.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
kabe1:

SAS Drakensberg was built in 1986

The second ship hasn't been built.

Yet you want to build an LST for Nigeria?

I admire your optimism but you really need to wake up to reality.

I guess you missed the part where I said the Hydrographic vessel is currently being built, incidentally by the same company that built SAS Drakensberg.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I guess you missed the part where I said the Hydrographic vessel is currently being built, incidentally by the same company that built SAS Drakensberg.

Let's be realistic.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
Shield Africa 2021, Ivory Coast

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:28pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ivorian GIGN

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
kabe1:

Let's be realistic.
Asserting something repeatedly, does not imbue the assertion with logic.

For the last time, try and answer the question: why would a shipyard currently building our hydrographic vessel, not be capable of building your LST?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Asserting something repeatedly, does not imbue the assertion with logic.

For the last time, try and answer the question: why would a shipyard currently building our hydrographic vessel, not be capable of building your LST?

There's a 35 years gap from the launch of SAS Drakensberg. There is no evidence the shipyard would be able to handle such a project.

The design for the hydro graphic ship which Southern African Shipyards is building for the South African navy is imported. Indicating a capability shortfall.

Steel used for building the ship for Project Hotel is also imported, the engines, navigational equipments, shafts and generators are imported.

The contract for Project hotel was awarded in 2017, yet till this year 2021 the ship is still been built.

Steel cutting for the Nigerian navy LST began in November 2019, the ship has been launched and would be transferred to Nigeria next year.

The capability for a South-African shipyards to deliver an LST for Nigeria is nonexistent. Awarding a contract to South-Africa would be similar to building the LST in Nigeria.

P.S: This is not to say South-Africa does not produce some nice military equipments like MRAPs etc

However given current capabilities no South-African shipyard would be able to build an LST for Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
kabe1:

There's a 35 years gap from the launch of SAS Drakensberg. There is no evidence the shipyard would be able to handle such a project.

The design for the hydro graphic ship which Southern African Shipyards is building for the South African navy is imported. Indicating a capability shortfall.

Steel used for building the ship for Project Hotel is also imported, the engines, navigational equipments, shafts and generators are imported.

The contract for Project hotel was awarded in 2017, yet till this year 2021 the ship is still been built.

Steel cutting for the Nigerian navy LST began in November 2019, the ship has been launched and would be transferred to Nigeria next year.

The capability for a South-African shipyards to deliver an LST for Nigeria is nonexistent. Awarding a contract to South-Africa would be similar to building the LST in Nigeria.

P.S: This is not to say South-Africa does not produce some nice military equipments like MRAPs etc

However given current capabilities no South-African shipyard would be able to build an LST for Nigeria.

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lurker4Long:

grin grin grin

This is exactly why the contract was awarded to Damen.

When you're done laughing you can dispute any of the facts I shared.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2021
kabe1:
Shield Africa 2021, Ivory Coast
Very professional looking operators of the Ivorian Army.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2021
Watch video of the launch of Nigerian navy LST.

What a beautiful, beautiful ship!!!

https://www.facebook.com/nigeriannavyhq/videos/930589811062886/

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
Algerian army BMPT terminators

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandesward: 6:57am On Jun 11, 2021
kabe1:
Algerian army BMPT terminators

One thing I know, is that we really need this bmpt and bmp 3s in the fighter in the north east, those vt4 especially is just an over kill, and not really appreciate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 6:59am On Jun 11, 2021
kabe1:
Watch video of the launch of Nigerian navy LST.

What a beautiful, beautiful ship!!!

https://www.facebook.com/nigeriannavyhq/videos/930589811062886/
Impressive vid... We should award these guys more contract in the future

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:22am On Jun 11, 2021
kabe1:

This is exactly why the contract was awarded to Damen.

When you're done laughing you can dispute any of the facts I shared.
grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
Interesting...Australia, India, South Africa and South Korea invited to the G7 summit in the UK.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
x
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
the first time we see the new BMPT terminators in service in algeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWUd0lZVT4

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
africcan lion 2021 exercise in morocco . with US army

pic 3,4 : US HIMARS M142 Rocket System ,

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
algerian exercise this week . a rare video of a S300 PMU2 air defense missile launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnPHQ17tXc

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2021
sukhoi 30 MKA , algerian AF

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
Brigade Equipment Inspection at the South African Combat Training Centre, Lohathla Military Area, yesterday, 10 June 2021...

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
...last.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2021
Nigerian Army

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Elderniercri(m): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2021
I’ve been following this thread for a while and the other thread and I’ve not had to say anything, just learn from people who know what they’re doing
But I’ve been interested in joining the Nigeria military, Air Force or any of those institutions of state that’s about maintaining peace, law and order for a while now and I’ve sadly not been able to

Can anyone give me tips or help me fulfill this dream?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
Curriculum Vitae and Service Profile of Nigeria's new Chief of Army Staff (COAS). A must watch for military, security & defence intellengstia.

Nigeria does have without doubt most of Africa's best trained and qualified military officers. Definitely arguably the best.

The only strategic posting I see missing there in the current CT/COIN dynamics is as commander MNJTF, N'djamena, Chad. But every strategic level course and posting required for this level of command in the Nigerian Army or military generally Major General Yahaya has met them and that at a young age. An impressive feat.

I mean this guy served in the thick of battle in Liberia in the 90's and also in the fearsome Timbuktu Triangle up north. He has served in staff, instructional and command posts and also under the able current CDS General Leo Irabor. We might just give the president the benefit of the doubt whilst working to find jobs and postings for his seniors in military service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIysVCgVLTY

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Excellent video and reporting by ARISE NEWS on the launch of the new Nigerian Navy LANDING SHIP TANK LST 100. What a good defense reporter can do. Ferdinand did a very good job. Arise News can be our own global network they very much are looking like it more and more. Channels Television can borrow a cue.

T'is not only just so beautiful but a strategic military and power projection asset for the Navy. Things like this breed national pride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYZbKq2WDw

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
DEMOCRACY DAY PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS

Gentlemen, the President and C-In-C of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_B6hUO__QQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
Up, up and away! Well done Paramount and partners!

Bronco II enters final phase of USSOCOM Armed Overwatch competition

Leidos, a science and technology leader, announced on June 11 its team was selected to enter the final phase of the U.S. Special Operations Command’s (USSOCOM) Armed Overwatch aircraft prototype program.

Leidos, Paramount USA, and Vertex were among five teams awarded a total of $19.3 million for prototype demonstrations and will advance Bronco II to the Phase III Operational Prototype Demonstration later this month.

https://www.airrecognition.com/index.php/news/defense-aviation-news/2021/june-2021/7379-bronco-ii-enters-final-phase-of-ussocom-armed-overwatch-competition.html

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
Lurker4Long:
Up, up and away! Well done Paramount and partners!

Bronco II enters final phase of USSOCOM Armed Overwatch competition

Leidos, a science and technology leader, announced on June 11 its team was selected to enter the final phase of the U.S. Special Operations Command’s (USSOCOM) Armed Overwatch aircraft prototype program.

Leidos, Paramount USA, and Vertex were among five teams awarded a total of $19.3 million for prototype demonstrations and will advance Bronco II to the Phase III Operational Prototype Demonstration later this month.

https://www.airrecognition.com/index.php/news/defense-aviation-news/2021/june-2021/7379-bronco-ii-enters-final-phase-of-ussocom-armed-overwatch-competition.html

I hope Paramount wins this order.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
kabe1:

I hope Paramount wins this order.
I dont think they will, purely because their main US partner, Leidos -though no 248 in the Fortune500 - doesn't have the lobbying and political clout of a competitor like Textron, for example.

But having got this far in this competition, as a late entrant, will enhance their prospects elsewhere.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
shadowprimezero:
Nigerian Army
bunch of loose guard fellows standing on the rail of a chopper to gain importance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.