Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5981025 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
NA troops on deployment. KIA KLTV can be seen with an earlier model of the Ezegwu in the background

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
Lurker4Long:

The mediocrity that is Zuma deserves the scorn.
Halitosis? grin
You're mistaken about the State Capture commission: it has no such powers and is yet to produce its report.

Duduzane Zuma has yet to be charged for corruption. He was found not guilty in court for culpable homicide.

No Gupta properties have been returned. Just last week, more properties were in fact, seized.

He was cleared of Gupta related corruption charges over 2 yrs ago.

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African prosecutors on Thursday provisionally withdrew corruption charges against Duduzane Zuma, the son of former president Jacob Zuma.

Duduzane Zuma faced charges of corruption and conspiracy to commit corruption related to his dealings with the Guptas, three Indian-born brothers accused of using their relationship with former president Zuma to win state contracts.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-safrica-zuma-idUSKCN1PI0VG

Just after the confiscation a court returned their properties though this month i see the gov snatched them again.

South Africa’s High Court ruled that the National Prosecuting Authority failed to justify seizing assets linked to the politically connected Gupta family because it hadn’t proved they received funds illicitly diverted from a state run diary project.
The State must pay fees incurred by the Guptas and their allies....
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-28/south-african-court-overturns-seizure-of-gupta-properties-cars

Frankly its nothing but judicial harassment of Zuma! I fear your Real Rulers will never leave him alone. The thing is most Saffas seem to agree with the court lynching and TOTALLY IGNORE real crimes like the looting of your SARB by Gil Marcus with a correspondence degree in Industrial Pyschology or the vacuuming of at least 500 bn$ in todays money in 1990 just before the fall of apartheid. There's even worse,much worse:head of the homopedo club led by Magnus Malan?

South Africa's 'paedophile' minister and a mysterious death

Its truly a terrible,terrible tale.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-45195756

But secretly, Minnie alleged, Malan was part of a paedophile ring which raped boys
- mostly of mixed race - during "fishing excursions" on Bird Island, a declared nature reserve near Port Elizabeth. The boys were flown to the island in military helicopters, made drunk during barbecues - and then sexually abused, he alleged.

Malan's family and former colleagues strongly rejected the allegations against him, local media reported.
President intervened

Other shocking allegations contained in The Lost Boys of Bird Island include:

Some of the boys regarded Malan as an especially "cruel uncle", and nicknamed him "Ears" because of his big ears
On one occasion, a gun was inserted into the anus of a boy. A shot was fired by Malan, and the critically injured boy was flown to a hospital in Port Elizabeth for treatment
Men, dressed in suits, stood guard while the mixed-race boy was treated in the whites-only section of the hospital, even though this was illegal under South Africa's then-racial segregation laws
The boy's family and the hospital matron were paid to remain silent.
Its not shocking:Many race obsessed individuals are cursed with strange pathologies of faggotry and sadism. Race baiters are frequently dee smokers like Terreblanche. Anyway many perps involved are still alive. A Saffa on another thread actually said,"that's ancient history," or words to that effect. If your legal systems were fair ALL THOSE MOFOS WOULD'VE BEEN BURIED UNDER THE JAIL!?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
Covert1:
The President arrives Maiduguri with fighter jets screaming overhead - this video of NAF 001 doesn't appear dated but presidential or military protocol in Nigeria is generally more grand and first world in nature than in most countries of Africa and elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEVHGenfvZY

The Presidential Helicopter departs Lagos days earlier. When you are in Lagos you know this is Lagos however the presidential detail stood up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEj74XABXE

The President arriving Police College Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7FQH-12C94

I swear Nigerian media needs some better coverage Cameras preferably 4k most of the footage coming out of this country whether it be political or sports coverage be looking like vintage 80s film. grin

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2021
Stargate254:
From this angle, Idon't see any cameras and sensors mounted..

Your right, I just don't understand why Kenya makes it's defense purchases secret. There is no reason for a small country like it to do so. It's biggest security challenges are internal, there is zero risk of an external nation aggressor

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2021
MaxxPro [MRAP] algerian army

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
from inside

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2021
AKMS algerian army

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
Tinfoil:

Your right, I just don't understand why Kenya makes it's defense purchases secret. There is no reason for a small country like it to do so. It's biggest security challenges are internal, there is zero risk of an external nation aggressor

This is the kind of naive docile thinking that got Africa colonized and lead to becoming a hotbed for neo-colonialism, terrorism, banditry, and piracy in the first place. This world is filled with individuals, states, corporations etc internally & externally that don't have Africa's best interests at heart and you better believe that will heat up in the future.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2021
F16 block 52+ , moroccan AF

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
moroccan exercise with US army . african lion exercise 20201

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
AskiaHarem:

This is the kind of naive docile thinking that got Africa colonized and lead to becoming a hotbed for neo-colonialism, terrorism, banditry, and piracy in the first place. This world is filled with individuals, states, corporations etc internally & externally that don't have Africa's best interests at heart and you better believe that will heat up in the future.

In my opinion, a poor country needs to spend on it's people first, infrastructure,.... Buying weapons only makes it poorer by sending it's foreign reserves to developed countries

ToT and local production would be better as it creates jobs, puts money in people's pockets, grows the economy

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2021
Tinfoil:

In my opinion, a poor country needs to spend on it's people first, infrastructure,.... Buying weapons only makes it poorer by sending it's foreign reserves to developed countries

ToT and local production would be better as it creates jobs, puts money in people's pockets, grows the economy
Libya became a shithile cos they followed this route.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sizzorchan: 12:38am On Jun 19, 2021
Libya was attacked by countries that are way more powerful than Libya itself can ever be, they could spend billions more, the result would have been the same.
Assad last this long because he had a strong country behind it, and that's Russia. A poor country can only arm up to defend against powers within it's own league, other than that, it's just a waste of money, spend that money on your infrastructure instead.
The billions needed would have to come from somewhere, even if they all sell their kidneys, still won't be enough grin, so why bother

kemicalreact:
Libya became a shithile cos they followed this route.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:43am On Jun 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 7:43am On Jun 19, 2021
sizzorchan:
Libya was attacked by countries that are way more powerful than Libya itself can ever be, they could spend billions more, the result would have been the same.
Assad last this long because he had a strong country behind it, and that's Russia. A poor country can only arm up to defend against powers within it's own league, other than that, it's just a waste of money, spend that money on your infrastructure instead.
The billions needed would have to come from somewhere, even if they all sell their kidneys, still won't be enough grin, so why bother

Tell that to Iran. Do you think US would have hesitated in attacking Iran if it was like Libya? The goal is not to match their power, the goal is to make a war with you costly enough for them.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:04am On Jun 19, 2021
sizzorchan:

Russia came in much later. At least the war was over a year before Russia came in. The whole invasion of Libya didn't last more than a week or 2 (at least to have dominated militarily). Mauman Gadafi had to run/hide before he was killed months later.

Why haven't they attacked North Korea or Iran?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sizzorchan: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
What about Iran? How long did it take Iran to get to where it is today? At what cost? are their people now suffering going to have a dash of missile for Dinner? Nope, they are in pain. Wasting precious resource on arms while your people suffer is a daft idea.
And it's not about matching the powers of the West, Iran and Libya poses a different scenario, flip it over and put Iran in libya, The US won't have issues decimating them. You are underestimating the kind of military power America has. If Iran is attacked, the whole region implodes, sure, but if US want to, they can, it will take only a few days to weeks to destroy all of Iran's military infrastructure. The chaos it would cause in the region is most likely the reason they won't, and also the impact that would have on the strait of Homuz or whatever it's called
Anyways, just my opinion, carry on. spend dinner money on bullets grin

kemicalreact:
Tell that to Iran. Do you think US would have hesitated in attacking Iran if it was like Libya? The goal is not to match their power, the goal is to make a war with you costly enough for them.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
sizzorchan:
What about Iran? How long did it take Iran to get to where it is today? At what cost? are their people now suffering going to have a dash of missile for Dinner? Nope, they are in pain. Wasting precious resource on arms while your people suffer is a daft idea.
And it's not about matching the powers of the West, Iran and Libya poses a different scenario, flip it over and put Iran in libya, The US won't have issues decimating them. You are underestimating the kind of military power America has. If Iran is attacked, the whole region implodes, sure, but if US want to, they can, it will take only a few days to weeks to destroy all of Iran's military infrastructure. The chaos it would cause in the region is most likely the reason they won't, and also the impact that would have on the strait of Homuz or whatever it's called
Anyways, just my opinion, carry on. spend dinner money on bullets grin

@bolded LMAO. I don't want to underestimate the suffering of the Iranians, but their standard of living is way better compared to Nigeria which is not under any sanction. A balance of military expenditure and infrastructural project is what makes a country prosperous. Gaddafi was tricked into giving up his chemical weapons program in exchange for some useless concessions. Maybe Iran has the Geographical advantage, what do you have to say about North Korea?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sizzorchan: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
Once again, making my case for me, I mean, of all countries to mention, you mentioned North Korea? lol. Go and live there for 2 weeks, then come back and tell us how dandy it is over there.
What is the consequence of the way their Govt operates? Massive poverty and hunger, that's the point I'm making, don't use all your money on arms while your people are hungry, you gotta find a balance, but sadly that balance will never be enough to deter US military from wiping you out, unless you have a sugar daddy. NK have China, Syria have Russia.
on top of that, if the US attack them, they could unleash portable nuclear device on South Korea or Japan, these are issues the US will consider before attacking a country like NK, not because they can not.
I mean, most of their military arsenals are outdated, sheet.

kemicalreact:
@bolded LMAO. I don't want to underestimate the suffering of the Iranians, but their standard of living is way better compared to Nigeria which is not under any sanction. A balance of military expenditure and infrastructural project is what makes a country prosperous. Gaddafi was tricked into giving up his chemical weapons program in exchange for some useless concessions. Maybe Iran has the Geographical advantage, what do you have to say about North Korea?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sizzorchan: 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
I've answered why, and my answer is simplified of course

iblawi:

Russia came in much later. At least the war was over a year before Russia came in. The whole invasion of Libya didn't last more than a week or 2 (at least to have dominated militarily). Mauman Gadafi had to run/hide before he was killed months later.

Why haven't they attacked North Korea or Iran?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
sizzorchan:

Are you saying Nigeria should not invest in security?

Or are you saying Nigeria is not investing in infrastructure?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
This just popped up on my Kindle, and I bought it.
Will be posting snippets in due course.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sizzorchan: 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
I'm saying there needs to be a balance btw both.
The convo we were having was can we arm ourselves good enough to deter an attack from a country like the USA, the answer is no, not affordable, on top of that it will take decades to modernize our armed forces etc, why waste all that money when tens of millions of the people are jobless and poor

kabe1:

Are you saying Nigeria should not invest in security?

Or are you saying Nigeria is not investing in infrastructure?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2021

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
sizzorchan:

When life of citizens is threatened you think security before infrastructure. Be it internal or external threat. Even during peace time reasonable amount of money should still be spent on security Incase of emergency.

Nigeria have been spending far less on security even now that her citizens life is threatened not to talk of peace time.

Libya made same mistake even though they were way better than Nigeria.

No one is saying you shouldn't build infrastructure, but safety of the people comes first and you have to spend base on the threat facing the Nation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
iblawi:

No one is saying you shouldn't build infrastructure, but safety of the people comes first and you have to spend base on the threat facing the Nation.

If there is no infrastructure what would you want to defend and fight for then?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sizzorchan: 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
You are shifting things, no one is saying countries shouldn't spend on security, Issue was can a country like Nigeria arm itself enough to fend of an attack from the US, once again, the answer is HELL NO. enough said. We arm up to be the neighborhood strong guys, that's about it, other than that let's focus on our people

iblawi:

When life of citizens is threatened you think security before infrastructure. Be it internal or external threat. Even during peace time reasonable amount of money should still be spent on security Incase of emergency.

Nigeria have been spending far less on security even now that her citizens life is threatened not to talk of peace time.

Libya made same mistake even though they were way better than Nigeria.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sizzorchan: 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
Make i shut up before they ban me again grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Minister of defence, her deputy and SANDF officers handing over the remains to the soldier's family at Air Force Base Waterkloof...

The family finally lays their son to rest...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
.../2...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
.../3...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.