Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5963523 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
QuietMynd:

Quit lying, it has already been debunked l, the only side massacred re your troops with evidence of them abandoning equipment
We abandoned one damaged gecko..... What a loss grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
jl115:

-Vt4s are better than Olifant mk2 simply because it as a proper 125mm gun.... However Tanks have never played a major role in our high mobility emphasised doctrine....

bottomline the VT4 tank is more modern and better than your world war era tanks... FACT grin

jl115:

- we don't have it because we have other platforms that perform the same role but better as in the Rooivalk.

Not better bro

jl115:

- who says our seeker 400 aren't armed?

Show me you armed seekers bro

jl115:

- Quality above quantity has always been our doctrine...it doesn't matter how many you have when a G6 is firing at it from 60km away.

What quality exactly range or what?
jl115:

-Yet we Patrol more waters than the NN.....

- I don't get what you are saying
In your dreams grin

jl115:

- SAS protea is operational as we speak... So yes we do have a hydrographic survey ship that was upgraded as recently as 2011
Operational in your dockyard cheesy

jl115:

- so when Nigeria doesn't have something it's because you don't need it, but when SA doesn't have something it's because we are broke.... Even though we have a larger budget?... Interesting

You defence budget is not larger than that of Nigeria get that onto you skull bro.

jl115:

- OPVs aren't Frigates.... Learn the difference

I never said they are bro reread what I wrote.

jl115:

-what decent air defence system does Nigeria have.... Please share grin

Why not use your potent juju on the Gripens and fly them
close to our airspace to find out.
jl115:

- a TDL is not something you can just buy... We wanted to buy link16 but Nato said no.... Hence we built one ourselves and its even better than link16... Good luck trying to buy something that so few countries have in the first place and don't want to sell.

We are also working on ours, but for the main time enjoy cheesy

jl115:

- I asked what tactical communication equipment you have.... Not "do you have a signal formation? "

I gave you or what do you want again

[quote author=jl115 post=113854700]

-what motorised atgm systems do you have... Show us grin

We don't need motorised ATGM there are other platform better.
jl115:

- tin shield isn't modern bru.... Its from the cold war grin

As long as it is highly effective...

jl115:

-NASDRA is an agency not a piece of equipment

I never said NASDRA is an equipment dumbo. read what I wrote again cheesy

jl115:

-OK more things that Nigeria don't have: anti ship capability, anti sub capability, no portable ground surveillance radars, no spy satellite must I go on?

All this capability from your dream or where grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
Covert1:
A command from the President and C-in-C of the Nigerian Armed Forces the CDS in Abuja can swiftly deploy 2 × combat brigades from the elite 1st Mechanized Division Kaduna, 1× Combined Arms Elements from the 82 Division Enugu and 1× Armoured Tank Column, Jos into the streets of South Africa, probe and break every resistance, quickly overrun Cape Town and capture Pretoria, Johannesburg and appoint a Nigerian Military Administrator.
Factoid bro grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Active
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
jl115:
it's called having foresight.... One of the reasons you have malitia holding territory in your country and we don't
Lol cheesy

Foresight for grounded equipments grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2022
Omofaye99:

bottomline the VT4 tank is more modern and better than your world war era tanks... FACT grin

Not better bro

Show me you armed seekers bro

What quality exactly range or what?

In your dreams grin

Operational in your dockyard cheesy

You defence budget is not larger than that of Nigeria get that onto you skull bro.

I never said they are bro reread what I wrote.

Why not use your potent juju on the Gripens and fly them
close to our airspace to find out.

We are also working on ours, but for the main time enjoy cheesy

- yeah that's true but we have over 190 3rd gen tanks and you have like 6 in total

- How can it be better than an AH that carries the same ordinance yet can hover?

- see pic

- Range, accuracy, mobility, speed, fire control system, linkza compatibility....there is no argument, our howitzers are considered some of the best in the world and we hold the record for the longest firing 155mm howitzer.

- what is the length of Nigeria's coastline compared to SAS coast line?

- See pic of SAS Protea she was in China a couple of months ago

- I've already proven beyond all doubt that SAs defence budget is larger... I posted screenshots directly from each countries approved government budgets.

- then my point stands... Where are your Frigates?

- don't shift the goal posts.... What decent air defence system does Nigeria have?

- what TDL is Nigeria working on? Show us grin

-one needs a full spectrum of ATGMs systems.... Just admit you don't have it and move on.

- it's not highly effective it's obsolete!!

-You said you don't need a blufor tracker because you have NASDRA... That is what you said.

- actually does are capabilities of your dreams... We already have those capabilities

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2022
Omofaye99:

Lol cheesy

Foresight for grounded equipments grin
our grounded Subs doing exercises recently.

And our grounded Frigates were rescuing airplanes that ditched in the ocean

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/sas-spioenkop-responds-to-light-aircraft-ditching-off-pemba/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kaplip(m): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Can you all calm down?
Enough of all these comparisons
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
Flanker1! Silence these babies with what a modern military looks like grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nigerian army heading out on patrol.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nigerian soldiers in combat operations

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
I recently stumbled on a conversation on Twitter regarding bolt-on weapons systems on warship and how difficult it actually is.

Adding additional weapons system to a warship, and integrating it to the ships combat management system even if it was stated to be modular requires serious level of expertise.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Buschlaid: 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
GreenandGold:

but, anyways, the Olifant MBT is still the only tank that has actually shot other tanks in combat in Sub-Sahara.

That's not true actually, T-55 and T-62/Chonma-Ho tanks also engaged other tanks in Sub-Saharan area. For example DR Congolese T-55s engaged other T-55s used by M23 rebels (whom previously captured them from FARDC). Or for example Ethiopian T-55s and T-62/Chonma-Hos battled with Eritrean T-55s (and perhaps T-62/Chonma-Hos too). Recently, in Tigrayan war, tanks were used by both sides and might have engaged in tank duels, however information is very scarce and majority of battles were unreported. Ethiopia also used T-72B1 and T-72UA1 tanks and a few were captured by Tigrayans, but I don't know whether any engaged in tank on tank combat.

Tanks were also used in Rhodesian Bush War, but unfortunately for Rhodesians, T-55LD tanks (given to them by South Africa that seized them before reaching Angola) came too late to the party and Zambia's T-34/85 and T-55 tanks were only engaged by Elands. So there wasn't any tank on tank engagement in Rhodesian Bush War.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Buschlaid:

That's not true actually, T-55 and T-62/Chonma-Ho tanks also engaged other tanks in Sub-Saharan area. For example DR Congolese T-55s engaged other T-55s used by M23 rebels (whom previously captured them from FARDC). Or for example Ethiopian T-55s and T-62/Chonma-Hos battled with Eritrean T-55s (and perhaps T-62/Chonma-Hos too). Recently, in Tigrayan war, tanks were used by both sides and might have engaged in tank duels, however information is very scarce and majority of battles were unreported. Ethiopia also used T-72B1 and T-72UA1 tanks and a few were captured by Tigrayans, but I don't know whether any engaged in tank on tank combat.

Tanks were also used in Rhodesian Bush War, but unfortunately for Rhodesians, T-55LD tanks (given to them by South Africa that seized them before reaching Angola) came too late to the party and Zambia's T-34/85 and T-55 tanks were only engaged by Elands. So there wasn't any tank on tank engagement in Rhodesian Bush War.

NA T-72s destroyed BH T-55s and Vickers around 2015.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2022

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Buschlaid: 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
lionel4power:

Cool, I didn't even know that!

Sometimes Sudan is not recognized as Sub-Saharan country so that's why I left it out in my comment, but there was also one famous tank on tank battle in the south of country. South Sudanese T-72AV tanks engaged and destroyed some Sudanese T-55 tanks, later on in the conflict, this South Sudanese T-72AV unit was spotted by Sudanese Type 85-IIM ('al-Bashir') tank unit and ambushed. The result was multiple destroyed South Sudanese T-72AV tanks with no Sudanese losses.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaddyGoo: 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
NTSA:

BOV armored personnel carriers of the Kenyan military with M15 remote controlled weapon station

Naija really needs to make RWS standard on all MRAP and IFV platforms, with the long term goal of installing same on as many APCs as possible!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
landnone:
But from my point of view. Even if Nigeria has a higher defence budget than South Africa, South Africa's military is more mordern and well equipped than he Nigerian army. Case in study is Ind.. and South Kor... My take no hard feelings.

This oga is a bona fide agent of vawulence grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nemesis4you:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaddyGoo: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
Thanks for this
kikuyu1 can now Stop comparing Kenyan defense budget To Nigerias

As a Nigerian, I feel the Kenyans get more bang for their buck.

Sincerely

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
jl115:

- yeah that's true but we have over 190 3rd gen tanks and you have like 6 in total

Good you admit it cheesy and for the record we have more than six or at least nobody knows how many, but quality over quantity you word grin

jl115:

- How can it be better than an AH that carries the same ordinance yet can hover?

As long as it suit the threat we face now is better
jl115:

- see pic
[quote author=jl115 post=113859572]
- Range, accuracy, mobility, speed, fire control system, linkza compatibility....there is no argument, our howitzers are considered some of the best in the world and we hold the record for the longest firing 155mm howitzer.

Doesn't change anything that we have more than you cheesy
jl115:

- what is the length of Nigeria's coastline compared to SAS coast line?

Go check it yourself.
jl115:

- See pic of SAS Protea she was in China a couple of months ago

Doesn't change the fact that it is old and inferior to NN LANA grin
jl115:

- I've already proven beyond all doubt that SAs defence budget is larger... I posted screenshots directly from each countries approved government budgets.

You have only proven to be deluded bro
jl115:

- then my point stands... Where are your Frigates?

Where are you LSTs cheesy
jl115:

- don't shift the goal posts.... What decent air defence system does Nigeria have?
I'm not shifting any goal post, just bring those dead Gripens and find out cheesy

jl115:

- what TDL is Nigeria working on? Show us grin
It classified grin

jl115:

-one needs a full spectrum of ATGMs systems.... Just admit you don't have it and move on.

We have other platform and portable ATGMs and it better.

jl115:

- it's not highly effective it's obsolete!!
You think grin

jl115:

-You said you don't need a blufor tracker because you have NASDRA... That is what you said.

I think you have comprehension problem man.

jl115:

- actually does are capabilities of your dreams... We already have those capabilities

No they are actually your dream cheesy bro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
kabe1:
Nigerian soldiers in combat operations
Real men grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by landnone: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
Omofaye99:

Real men grin
grin Someone might confuse them with FARDC. Nigeria your soldiers need to look like the biggest economy. Truly per capita matters in a budget

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nemesis4you:

How do you know so much Nigerian pop culture?

Do you live in Nigeria?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
landnone:

grin Someone might confuse them with FARDC. Nigeria your soldiers need to look like the biggest economy. Truly per capita matters in a budget
You brain need to function properly bro grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nigerian troops conducting combat training

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
lionel4power:

Tanks that were captured from the NA and Chadians.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
Seriously guys, could y'all please stop this d1ck measuring contest. It's very cringey to be honest. cry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nigerian soldier aims down his rifle.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nigerian receiving additional RHIBs and patrol boats.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
In as much as we are programmed to peg everything concerning the military to the cool military hardware, let's not forget that in veitnam the US committed almost all it's firepower save for nuclear power and still lost.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
So this vawulence pass me grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Lawag3 and 1 guest(s)