Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5995047 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
kabe1:
Kyiv turns to Nigeria's Proforce in scramble for more armoured vehicles

To meet the mounting needs of the Ukrainian army as it struggles to hold the Donbas, Kyiv did the rounds of suppliers at the Eurosatory defence trade fair in Paris this week. One of these was Nigerian armoured vehicles manufacturer Proforce.

https://www.africaintelligence.com/central-and-west-africa_business/2022/06/17/kyiv-turns-to-nigeria-s-proforce-in-scramble-for-more-armoured-vehicles,109792993-art

Time for Proforce to cash out grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
Kenya has had Mi28 for years now... It's a secret kept from everyone, cool

See the pics below.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
Kenya has had Mi28 for years now... It's a secret kept from everyone, cool

See the pics below.
I wish you directed this kind of energy to the south Africans. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bloodofthelambo: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
NTSA:

I wish you directed this kind of energy to the south Africans. grin grin
you came late to this thread, it's an old, seasonal battle.

I avoid joining 'vawulence' that won't afford me money for hours wasted.

If the South Africans sincere to themselves, they would have analysed each countries budget, but they chose only Nigeria.
If we have a bigger GDP, why shouldn't our military spend more.

Common sense should be applied to save everyone unnecessary arguments.

As for the Kenya Mi28, it's older than this thread.
Just look at the rocket pods

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nigerian military patrol in preparation for elections in Ekiti state

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
kabe1:
Nigerian military patrol in preparation for elections in Ekiti state

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:

If the South Africans sincere to themselves, they would have analysed each countries budget, but they chose only Nigeria.

jl115:
those Budgets are not correct my bru.... They are different to the ones presented by each countries own treasury... I would like to know the source of that infographic

Lurker4Long:

It's the battle of the lists!
Seriously though, best to consult treasury figures yourself.
Check out what Statista.com says:

Are you sure about the bolded?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Speaking of satellites the conversation ( or rather the vuwalence grin ) reminds me of the indigenous eo satellite of pak... which was launched a couple of years back along with a Chi.ese build satellite but was actually acquired from a SA private company

What i found intriguing is the Chi.ese satellite was termed Chi.ese but the satellite from SA company was termed indigenous

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
Since u guys like vuwalence

Why not concentrate on the yearly capital budget (for acquisition) , it will be a better indice for the tomfoolery grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nemesis4you:
Speaking of satellites the conversation ( or rather the vuwalence grin ) reminds me of the indigenous eo satellite of pak... which was launched a couple of years back along with a Chi.ese build satellite but was actually acquired from a SA private company

What i found intriguing is the Chi.ese satellite was termed Chi.ese but the satellite from SA company was termed indigenous
I remember this!
Doesn't the nonsense here resemble the yapping from your north-west?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nemesis4you:
Speaking of satellites the conversation ( or rather the vuwalence grin )

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nigerian Police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
Meanwhile, in Mozambique.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
smiley

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenOris: 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
GreenOris:
shocked shocked shocked
Did you also see Nem's reply before he amended it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenOris: 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Did you also see Nem's reply before he amended it?
I was lucky
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:05am On Jun 18, 2022
embarassed
Omofaye99:

Hahahaha cheesy

I don't believe it, Sipri is not Nigeria government bro, I showed you our defence spending cited by Sipri and you disapproved it because it doesn't suit your claim cheesy now why are you trying to cite same Sipri now?? This is hypocrisy in the highest order don't you think

And who told you Nigeria army are not well kitted

It there for everyone to see, you argued that the M-346 purchase was a lie until it was proven same with the JF17 don't deny it grin

I am not shifting goal post bro you are the one doing it. Everyone can check our argument from the start was about total number of artillery in each of our arsenal.

And what claim did I make exactly

No!

It exactly what you think bro, not our government.

I said "Drug abuse" grin without pointing at you bro grin

Chad is no match bro, they tried us once and got their ass kicked grin we are not SA.

What does all this have above our air defence grin

Because I am a Nigerian and you are not. grin

Naaaaaa I am not dull like a southie, show me a source or link that proves your drones are armed not a pic that can be from anywhere. grin

Suit yourself cheesy not a problem.

Crucial for those who want it.

Show me a link and when I say link I am not saying media news or an unknown blog, that classify your satellite as a spy satellite cheesy especially your beloved Sipri grin

grin grin
If your government didn't release its annual budget clearly stating your defence budget then I 100% would have believed sipri... But why would I believe any other source other than your own Government? That's logical my bru!! Also sipri has always been relatively up to date with their trade registers hence I can say with certainty the NA only has 6 Vt4 tanks.

My eye balls!!... Have you not watched the vice documentary?

Show me where I denied the Jf17 purchase... I'll wait wink

My bru if you want to compare total artillery we can if you want to?

Let's start with the claim that Nigeria has a TDL... Or working on one.

Nope see pic

Are you the drug abuser then?

The fact that you have no air defence that can shoot down a Chad mig29

Do they hand out classified military secrets to Nigerian civilians like you over there? Is that how you know grin grin

That pic was taken at Denel Dynamics, for 6 years I drove past there every day on my way to school.... Hell I even played cricket on that very field that pic was taken on.

Agg it doesn't bother me bru wink but it looks like it doesn't suit you at all.

Who wouldn't want a piece of equipment that greatly increases the effectiveness and efficiency of one's forces?

Joint Standing Committee on Intelligence approached for information on spy satellite
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/sa-defence/sa-defence-sa-defence/joint-standing-committee-on-intelligence-approached-for-information-on-spy-satellite/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 8:37am On Jun 18, 2022
US confirms most advanced Attack Helicopter of the US Marine Corp coming to Nigeria, Africa's Giant in billion US dollar deal. Not arguable and no questions Nigeria's Military has no peer power in sub-saharan Africa.

We’ve interest in Nigeria because it determines Africa’s devt – US

Kindly share this story:

By Abiodun Sanusi

18th June 2022

US Under Secretary; Victoria Nuland

The United States of America’s Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Victoria Nuland, has said that the US government is strategically interested in Nigeria because the country practices democracy and is the sole decider in the growth of the African continent.

Ambassador Nuland said this during a press briefing with selected media correspondents on Thursday at the US Ambassador to Nigeria’s residence, Maitama, Abuja.

She said, “The way Nigeria goes is the way the continent goes. Concerning our strategic interest in the country, there’s always a war between authoritarianism and democracy, and considering the fact that Nigeria is the largest democracy in Africa, if Nigeria can become increasingly stable and secure, empower its population, diversify its economy and empower the next generation, it will be a powerful engine not only for itself but for the African continent and all democracies across the world.”

The Under Secretary, who also met with the Vice-President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, and the Chief of Staff to the President, Ibrahim Gambari, at the State House, said the focus of her visit was concerning the issues of security, free, fair, credible and peaceful elections.

Nuland said, “We have been focusing on the issues of security, free, fair, credible, and peaceful elections. We also talked more broadly about our security relationship, but at the high end in terms of the holistic approach to security, earlier we delivered some Tucano jets, and we are about to have a new delivery of helicopters as well.

“Concerning our cooperation, we talked about the fact that security needs to be about countering terrorism at the high end, however, it also needs to be about what comes behind it – such as better governance, employment, and better opportunity, which would drive out the ability of terrorists and terrorism to return to communities.”

She noted that it was one thing to root out terrorists from communities, but the government must also provide sustainable policing, community security, better services, and good governance, otherwise, the terrorists would always be back.

“The way terrorists get into communities and destroy the fabric of the nation is ‘an evil thing.’ We think that Nigeria, with our support, needs to address this in a holistic way. However, what we are trying to do now in our collaboration with the government is to integrate the air and ground approach to security.”

Commending Nigeria for its leadership in the Economic Community of West African States, she said, “We need a regional approach to this problem because these terrorists are running across borders, and we all need to work together. Nigeria plays a huge role not only for its own security but also for the security of the region, through the ECOWAS.”

Nuland, who also met with some members of civil society organisations to discuss the forthcoming 2023 general election among other issues, noted that the U.S. was very pleased with the new Electoral Act and also the longer period for campaigns towards the elections.

She said, “We’re very pleased with the new Electoral Act and also the longer period for campaigns towards the elections. The United States will support the Independent National Electoral Commission, and the police, to provide security because we know there is quite a bit of anxiety about that.”

Related News

•  2023: US Under Secretary to visit Nigeria, others

The Under Secretary also stated that the United States was interested in having investors in Nigeria, but there was a need to have an enabling environment considering the issue of corruption.

“The United States government would love to see more investors in Nigeria but there is a need for an enabling environment as corruption remains an obstacle.” She said.

The PUNCH had, on Wednesday, June 15, reported Ambassador Nuland’s visits to Djibouti, Mozambique, and her expected visit to Nigeria.

Her visit to the African continent began on Saturday, June 11, and ended on Friday, June 17, 2022.

In Djibouti, Nuland and an interagency met with government counterparts to advance US-Djibouti relations and the two countries’ close security cooperation.

While in Mozambique, she met with government officials and civil society members to discuss ‘the full range of bilateral and regional issues, including opportunities to advance stability and economic recovery in conflict-affected areas in support of her government’s new partnership’ under the US ‘Strategy to Prevent Conflict and Promote Stability.

Ambassador Nuland was sworn in as Under Secretary for Political Affairs in April 2021. Before that, she was a Senior Counselor at the Albright Stonebridge Group, a global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm based in Washington DC. She was also a non-resident Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution, a Distinguished Practitioner in Grand Strategy at Yale University, and a Member of the Board of the National Endowment for Democracy.

After 33 years as a U.S. diplomat, she served as Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs from September 2013 until January 2017 under President Barack Obama.

She served as Special Envoy and chief negotiator on the Treaty on Conventional Arms Control in Europe from 2010 – 2011, and as Deputy National Security Advisor to Vice President Cheney from 2003-2005. In addition to two tours at NATO in Brussels, she had served overseas in Russia, China, and Mongolia, and various assignments at the State Department in Washington.

She was also State Department’s spokesperson during Secretary Hillary Clinton’s tenure, and U.S. Ambassador to NATO during President George Washington Bush’s second term, between 2005 and 2008

Tags:

• Victoria Nuland

Kindly share this story:

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.